AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-26, 01:56   Link #61
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

In my opinion 80 minutes are clearly not enough. I feer that we will get a rusched ending without a setisfying conlusion to the story. I just hope that I'm wrong about that.
Old 2012-11-26, 02:00   Link #62
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
The conclusion to Muv-Luv Alternative?

There is only war.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-11-26, 02:00   Link #63
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Yes, I get your pain.

Watching TE anime is really following the Valkyries code...

Achieve your mission with all your might. (Watch all episodes despite QUALITY)
Despair not till your last breath. (Despair not till the last episode)
Make your death count. (Make it worth your time)

The anime will be getting an anime original ending, and its been stated that the only true ending would be from the VN... even the LNs have not released the novel for this arc yet...

In the Grimm Darkness of Muv Luv, there is only NOM~

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-11-26, 03:10   Link #64
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Those terrorists are digging their own graves, even if they think they're doing it for the best interest of their people. I think their plans are pretty damn selfish. It's a shame what happened to Natalie. If there could be sudden and drastic developments for a character like her, I'm not sure if the future looks too bright for the rest of the cast. Yikes. Well, next episode should be exciting, and am I mistaken or did that preview at the end hint at Yui getting back into her Takemikazuchi?
Old 2012-11-26, 03:46   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The episode wasn't boring with all the (censored) blood and gore, but you know, that goes for a lot of B-movies. Sure, it wasn't boring.
But it was so forced and just.......... The security sure sucked, but let's put that aside. The way the group of three got out of that mess was pretty unbelievable. The fact there happened to be a rock of that size at reach, the fact they weren't hurt by the explosion oh so close, and the fact those merciless idiots didn't even bother to shoot.

And what was with Chinese Miku's mouth half of this episode? Like a frog or something. Now I'm going to have to change my theory of her background (for her green hair) to include frogs?
And despite the art itself not collapsing like a zombie, the animators clearly skipped frames here and there, which caused the animation to be a bit clunky(?).

Oh, and BETA has a word:
((((;゚Д゚)))) Ju-just who are they fighting against...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-11-26, 05:47   Link #66
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
T I'm not sure if the future looks too bright for the rest of the cast. Yikes. Well, next episode should be exciting, and am I mistaken or did that preview at the end hint at Yui getting back into her Takemikazuchi?
Since when did Muv luv alternative had bright future?

If Yui is trying to get to the honor guards hanger then YES! Takemi in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh, and BETA has a word:
That's why despite 30 years in the making. Beta still can't understand the earthlings and they continue their experiment
Old 2012-11-26, 06:47   Link #67
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for In this episode of, Heat: The Animation...:

I can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2012-11-26, 06:57   Link #68
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Now I pray for BETAs to appear.. Damn rebels! Rebelling at a time like this.. These bastards are CRABS!!!!!

Eishi's get in your TSFs and leave the damn place so the BETA will feast on them rebels!!!
Old 2012-11-26, 07:10   Link #69
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Spoiler for In this episode of, Heat: The Animation...:

I can't wait for the next episode.
lol guilty crown. Somehow its very fitting.
Old 2012-11-26, 07:18   Link #70
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh boy they pull mix combine of 24 & IRIS conspiracy plot it sure now bring in group of evil rebels to takeover base.

sure whacked some pilots, military, even civillans, etc oh where jack bauer to handle all this?

yea bartender lady is part of rebel group give sorta "spill all beans" which in cost boom shot shut up on bartender lady.

& now this really yea forget the beta & training now to battle evil rebels what next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2012-11-26, 08:28   Link #71
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Spoiler for Parody of 2.4:
Old 2012-11-26, 09:15   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I wish there was a lot more build up to this moment. I don't recall there being much at all. Hell they even had to actually point it out to us in the recap episode...
Old 2012-11-26, 10:16   Link #73
yankky5

WoW if it wasnt for the preview of the new song i would be shocked by this ep..... damn; the duel between the shiranui and raptor are on hold.

BTW It might be the new headset that I just bought but the sound seems off compared to the previous eps
Old 2012-11-26, 10:49   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It took 18+ episodes, but Muv-Luv looks to finally be back on the right track (sort of). It was so refreshing to see something that wasn't a bunch of privileged people living the high life while the world burns around them.

Of course, these rebels will be put down, but one can only hope that our protagonists take their words to heart, as the rebels are absolutely right. It's like they were a voice for the viewer demanding to know why in the world with the world being overrun by alien, man-eating monsters, is so much time/episodes being spent on prototype mecha, sending pilots to the caribbean to party, and fake fighting tournaments.

For the first time in weeks, I'm actually kind of looking forward to the next episode. I certainly am not expecting great things, and I fully expect to have to stomach women screaming to rip Yuya's clothes off while people are being killed around them, but I still envision the next episode or two to be far better than the last 18.
Not quite 18, more like a solid month of harem hijinks where it seems many others besides myself started to lose interest. A month or 4 episodes back to back with no real action in the series besides a couple of duels is way WAY to long indeed (almost forgot what the show was even about besides every girl chasing after Yuuya) though for sure and felt like forever, but not quite as long as people are making it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And what was with Chinese Miku's mouth half of this episode? Like a frog or something. Now I'm going to have to change my theory of her background (for her green hair) to include frogs?
And despite the art itself not collapsing like a zombie, the animators clearly skipped frames here and there, which caused the animation to be a bit clunky(?).

Oh, and BETA has a word:
It's cause she's actually Chinese Haruhi what with the point thing and the frog mouth thing in some images.
Old 2012-11-26, 11:10   Link #75
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
I believe Natalie joined the RLF after the pain and suffering she experienced after the fall of France.

But after being assigned to Lilifort began to side with the Eishi in her bar who shared stories of how they suffered just as much as her by the hands of the BETA.

The reason she kept blabbing was to give Tarisa and co an idea of what was going on so they could stop it before it was too late.

My 2 cents.
Out of sight. Out of mind.
Old 2012-11-26, 11:28   Link #76
Bombo
TSF Fans

For next week we will see Yui join in action trying to get her TSF...That's from preview !
Old 2012-11-26, 11:51   Link #77
LeoXiao
思想工作

My guess is that we will see the protagonists' TSFs fight alongside the Raptors (or whatever it is Leon's bunch have) and the Berkut. I guess the duel will be called off since they now have an actual battle to fight. Once they get in their TSFs the terrorists are screwed.
Old 2012-11-26, 12:14   Link #78
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
This episode is the core of what Muv Luv is about right? Harem and Hijincks juxtaposed among blood and carnage and war.... the lightest hearted of genres meeting the darkest and grimmest of genres anime has to offer.
The problem isn't exactly what the genre was supposed to be, but the presentation and the execution of all things.
You see, I have no problem with silly antics between Tarisa and VG, monitored by Stella. I have mild issue with Inia shoehorned as a pseudo loli (ironically with a major rack, so it is rather how short and childish she is). I have however much bigger concerns and gripe when we have a single male protagonist literally chased by several heroines, to the point it gnaws 60-75% of the plot. Add that silly situations such like the island etc, and you have the best formula for a -High School RomCom-. Mind you, I'm sure we could potentially fare better without the outrageously tight plugsuits, but I guess I will just drop that part.

Really, like I said before during the first half of the series, if you were to remove the military setup and the BETA, you could potentially create a cookie cutter High School Harem series with: Yuuya as the protagonist, Yui as the closest Tsundere (Rare Type A), Cryska as the Kuudere gaijin, Inia as the loli, Yifei as the aggressive love hunter etc.
It is just like that: the presentation is just miserable if you were to consider every romcom events occuring despite they are all professional staff in a military environnement (and even as test pilots, they have as much responsibilities as soldiers, since they are the ones who make sure the new weapons are efficient and reliable).

No I don't need BETA, blood, corpses, smashed TSF etc every 2-3 episodes or so, I don't need any EVIL IVAN schemes lurking everywhere. What I actually expect from it is, indeed, a test pilot environnement, which would bring some serious stuff, -reports from the fronts- (explaining how the rest of the world is faring, what are their tactical choice for the new weapons etc).
Reminding what actually happens worldwide doesn't need BETA saturating the screen, far from it. But harem hijinks, gratuitious fanservice and absolutely lack of logical successions of events? Absolutely not.

Honestly, the setup itself is sort of interesting, but the direction of the series is just awful for the genre and premises. I definitely would have been better without Yifei, the scarlet twins, or even Yui (if they were to tweek her a bit instead of turning her into a predictable tsundere. Thank god she isn't a Type B like every loli tsundere by Kugimiya).
Old 2012-11-26, 12:18   Link #79
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm curious as to what role the Berkut will play; we see a UN F-16 and a maroon MiG-29 (probably the OVT) just before the Berkut shows up and starts pwning everything.

Also, note that in the opening it's standing on top of Tarisa's Shiranui Niigata Unit 2.

What worries me is that without Cryska to keep her stable, Inia's solo sortie in the Terminator is going to have very bad effects on her psyche.

Also, I'm facepalming at the RLF. Then again, it's not like terrorist groups IRL haven't done extremely short sighted things in the name of their ideology. And to be fair, it was a pretty good plan they had going there, infiltrating Yukon. I don't think they took over all the MPs, but they had infiltrators in key positions, and prepared with UN uniforms, which gives the impression that all the MPs on base have been suborned by them.

As for the story... I think to an extent that may be a weakness of the original medium. Certainly the average manga reader isn't going to be keen on picking up a book on test piloting, hence the usual elements getting shoehorned in.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-26, 12:19   Link #80
shinigami99

Hopefully they adapt the main Alternative story and do a better job of it. Of course, for that to happen, sales must be good. I heard a while back that for action figures and stuff, the sales are pretty decent. Hoping for the best here.
Closed Thread