AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-08, 16:05   Link #41
Seyluun

Still pretty damn awesome... I'm up to the first confrontation with Nero and so far the patch worked perfectly and the translation isn't too shabby, really good work.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 16:14   Link #42
ehrik

I just finished Ciel's route, wow, this patch works perfectly except for the few small freezes now and then.

Tsukihime is awesomness.
ehrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 18:29   Link #43
ZeRoGravity

Bah, i got to a dead end. Well the good thing is, it told me what I did wrong. It seems I associated myself too much with Arcueid and got myself killed. Now Im starting back to my last save point. I think I know what I did wrong and this time I chose a different choice and not get myself kill again.

The patch works perfectly, except I do find some translation difficult to understand. So far Im playing this game with a attitude of "If I am Shiki, what would I do?". My 2nd time around I would put myself in the game instead of Shiki.
Old 2006-11-08, 19:05   Link #44
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chendo View Post

EDIT: I forgot to say how to make your PC compatible with Japanese.
(Assuming you're running XP)
Go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Language tab, then check the box for "Install files for East Asian languages" and then click Apply. You may require your Windows CD. Then go to Advanced, and change the Language for non-Unicode programs to Japanese, click Apply, and I think you require a restart.

Of course, this has the annoying effect of changing all backslashes to yen signs, but you can play Japanese games. Worth the annoyance? I think so
Is there another way without the CD? My brother took all my XP discs with him when he went overseas.

Edit-Is the patch for the game out yet?

Edit2-Are there H scenes? I don't want my parents walking in on me when someone's getting r*ped on my computer.
shinobiknight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 19:11   Link #45
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
Is there another way without the CD? My brother took all my XP discs with him when he went overseas.

Edit-Is the patch for the game out yet?

Edit2-Are there H scenes? I don't want my parents walking in on me when someone's getting r*ped on my computer.
1) You need to use the CD for the patch.
2) Yes, a full complete translation patch is out.
3) There are H-scenes, but there's an installation option with the patch that allows you to bypass them.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 20:38   Link #46
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

@Archer: I think you misunderstood the question. He was asking if there was a way to set your computer to Japanese locale without having the Windows CD handy. I don't know if there is, but what I DO know is that Mirror Moon's patch does NOT require you to do this. I'm running on a Swedish Windows 2000 with Swedish as the default language and Swedish locale, and it works perfectly anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Naaah... Kanon's still active, slow but active. Better than nothing, and I'm sure it will appear.
Not anymore, it ain't. Seems Haeleth finally realized that fan translations ARE warez, copyright violations, evil etc. etc. ad nauseam and decided that it was wrong to do them without the author's permission in the first place. As of right now, the Kanon project is dropped, and while I don't know Haeleth, seeing him drop it after so much work doesn't leave me with a great confidence that it'll get picked up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Why translate now, when TYPE-MOON is currently re-making "Tsukihime" complete with Sacchin's (Yumiduka Satsuki's) ending? I think it would be better to wait until they re-release the complete version.
Wait for that version That'll be under $100 when it's released, surely.
Yes, but will the patch work with that version? I don't know how it's implemented, if it's just a simple search-and-replace scheme, the parts identical to the original Tsukihime would be translated, but if it's something more complicated it'll likely not work at all.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 00:46   Link #47
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the game is so old and the patch took a very long time, i am not really interested in going back and playing the game just to read some text that was embedded in it. i'll take the PDF version please. good work on completing it though.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 04:45   Link #48
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Yes, clearly he has dropped Kanon now, that post was from January. See, this is the kind of stupid situation we get when mods insist in using 2 year old threads to continue discussion instead of just letting there be one for the finished project.

And no, the patch likely wouldn't work with a new version if there was a whole extra route in it unfortunately, though I don't know if that's still even happening anyway. Type-Moon are planning to make something completely new apparently, and Realta Nua comes out in a few months. I just want a copy of the game where the money goes to them - auction copies are £150 and how much new profit do Type-Moon get? Oh wait, none. What a waste. Mirror Moon seem to be quite completionist when it comes to Nasu's stuff though, they may well update the patch and translate the extra route if they haven't broken down from from overwork yet.

Aaanyway, started on Ciel's route last night. Arc's was fantastic even though I did die a few times. She's easily my favourite character at the moment (which surprised me, as in most pics I've seen and in Melty Blood she came across as kind of stiff and not really my character at all, though that's not how she comes across at all. Kohaku's in second, but that's hardly surprising - I'd rather have her as the maid. Anyway, spoilers:
Spoiler for Arc's route:

Last edited by Varion; 2006-11-09 at 04:58.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 09:52   Link #49
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Yes, clearly he has dropped Kanon now, that post was from January. See, this is the kind of stupid situation we get when mods insist in using 2 year old threads to continue discussion instead of just letting there be one for the finished project.

And no, the patch likely wouldn't work with a new version if there was a whole extra route in it unfortunately, though I don't know if that's still even happening anyway. Type-Moon are planning to make something completely new apparently, and Realta Nua comes out in a few months. I just want a copy of the game where the money goes to them - auction copies are £150 and how much new profit do Type-Moon get? Oh wait, none. What a waste. Mirror Moon seem to be quite completionist when it comes to Nasu's stuff though, they may well update the patch and translate the extra route if they haven't broken down from from overwork yet.

Aaanyway, started on Ciel's route last night. Arc's was fantastic even though I did die a few times. She's easily my favourite character at the moment (which surprised me, as in most pics I've seen and in Melty Blood she came across as kind of stiff and not really my character at all, though that's not how she comes across at all. Kohaku's in second, but that's hardly surprising - I'd rather have her as the maid. Anyway, spoilers:
Spoiler for Arc's route:
Yes, there is a difference in the kanji. You'll see what this difference is later though.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:44   Link #50
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Not anymore, it ain't. Seems Haeleth finally realized that fan translations ARE warez, copyright violations, evil etc. etc. ad nauseam and decided that it was wrong to do them without the author's permission in the first place. As of right now, the Kanon project is dropped, and while I don't know Haeleth, seeing him drop it after so much work doesn't leave me with a great confidence that it'll get picked up again.
Close. According to him, he's putting in on hiatus until he's finished with Narcissu2, which he does have permission to translate. After that, he's going to contact Key and pray. XD;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 22:00   Link #51
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
@Archer: I think you misunderstood the question. He was asking if there was a way to set your computer to Japanese locale without having the Windows CD handy. I don't know if there is, but what I DO know is that Mirror Moon's patch does NOT require you to do this. I'm running on a Swedish Windows 2000 with Swedish as the default language and Swedish locale, and it works perfectly anyway.

Yes, but will the patch work with that version? I don't know how it's implemented, if it's just a simple search-and-replace scheme, the parts identical to the original Tsukihime would be translated, but if it's something more complicated it'll likely not work at all.
Ah thank you! And Thank you Archer!

Now my parents won't think I'm a freak when I'm up at the computer in my locked room at 2 A.M. ^_^

Oh by the way, is there other translated anime games/book patch thingies like this that have H scenes that I can, um, leave out during installation?

Edit-WTH is an arc.sar!?! Noooo, so close to playing, again!

Edit2-I need the actual Japanese game disc? T_T Oh great, I'm poor, I have no source to pay online, and I'm doomed for the rest of my life!!!!

Edit3-Uninstalled, silently rotting in the corner of my room.

Last edited by shinobiknight0; 2006-11-09 at 22:17.
Old 2006-11-09, 23:40   Link #52
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

You can pirate the game if you're that desparate. Your conscience and the conscience of others is the only thing stopping you.

PS: And I also read that Tsukihime is no longer in print, and any money that is exchanged in buying and selling Tsukihime today no longer gets into Typemoon's pockets.
Old 2006-11-10, 04:12   Link #53
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
PS: And I also read that Tsukihime is no longer in print, and any money that is exchanged in buying and selling Tsukihime today no longer gets into Typemoon's pockets.
True. And since it's kind of a collector's item nowadays, finding a copy for sale at all is rather hard, and if you do end up buying it, it'll rape your wallet SEVERELY. And like both Valdra and Shinova said, not a cent of it will go to the creators of the game. So I'd say "don't feel bad about pirating it" (not that I would feel bad about it anyway, lol).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 04:29   Link #54
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is indeed a tragedy that this is no longer being sold. While I wouldn't feel bad about pirating it either, I hope nobody will offer any suggestions about how this pirating might be accomplished. Thank you for not being more helpful.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 07:57   Link #55
Ialdaboth

Damn. I cleared Akiha's normal ending yesterday, but it don't register on the Endings list in the Option page. Is this a bug ?
Old 2006-11-10, 12:50   Link #56
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth View Post
Damn. I cleared Akiha's normal ending yesterday, but it don't register on the Endings list in the Option page. Is this a bug ?
I finished both of Akiha's paths, and both endings registered on the endings list.
Old 2006-11-10, 15:02   Link #57
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
You can pirate the game if you're that desparate. Your conscience and the conscience of others is the only thing stopping you.

Oh, right. There's that way. Okay then.
Old 2006-11-10, 15:29   Link #58
DaFool
Resident devil

Hmmm, these arguments finally made me understand why some creators remain poor despite their works costing an arm and a leg. Damn auctions! Not that T-M is poor...

but for me I cannot pirate eroge since

1.) I don't have the bandwidth
2.) I don't have the hard disk space
3.) I don't have the DVD-burner

which leaves me pretty much playing demos and doujinshi and fan works. Hopefully, by the time you guys finish playing Tsukihime, you'll feel compelled to make your own visual novels, and discover that the OEL VN scene has evolved to professional levels.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 16:34   Link #59
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

tsukihime takes up like 104mb, with the patch its 131mb. you will be ok in the hard drive department. you dont need to run the game off the game CD once its installed. be forwarned. this is a text based game. im serious. you have like more fingers than there are pictures in the game. play it for the story only.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 02:14   Link #60
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The figure runs around 3500~ pages of text for Tsukihime.

That's three times the length of Lord of the Rings, font size notwithstanding (is this even the right term? lol)

So be prepared to read a lot.