AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-21, 18:41   Link #261
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
the whole everyone talking in spoilers is getting pretty damn rediculous
QFT

Anybody still reading this thread has read the first few pages of spoilers
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 19:29   Link #262
chuckcsf

Spoiler for 1000:
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 19:42   Link #263
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I guess using the spoiler tags are the rule til the chapter gets leaked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
All this talk about Sasuke's power but no one has talk about the other part of the chp.

Spoiler:

That is a significant step forward in thier relationship. Hinata fans better hope she shows up soon or she might as well not show up at all.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-21, 20:32   Link #264
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-21, 21:42   Link #265
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Spoiler:
Are there that many SasSaku fans?

I think this will be just between NarSak and NarHin fans.
Old 2007-02-21, 22:23   Link #266
Nuu
Teh Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

also the reasoning for responding in spoilers is because its not of this chapter so if people dont want to read it they are not spoiled til they see it in the next chapter
Old 2007-02-21, 23:06   Link #267
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Shikamaru makes a speech again. He finally matures into a fine adult. From now theoretically the days of "mendokusai" are no more. So the question is when will he realize Temari is waiting for his marriage proposal.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 23:45   Link #268
Ashura3

Spoiler:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I can't help but feel a little awkward thinking of Sasuke and Naruto as uber ninjas already.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 23:47   Link #269
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
Spoiler for 1000:

Over nine thousaaaaaaaand!!!1
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 23:51   Link #270
majin_vegeta

Well, they are really powerful, but I think there are plenty of Ninjas out there that would kick there asses. I hate to be the one to do it, but we all know neither one of them comes close to Itachi. Then you have Jiraiya. We have never seen him fight seriously. And there are other villages Kages that haven't been introduced. They are powerful, but they aren't uber yet.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 00:05   Link #271
Ashura3

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
Well, they are really powerful, but I think there are plenty of Ninjas out there that would kick there asses.
You might be right. Maybe my real complaint is that I'd like to see these other powerful ninjas. As of the strong nin we've seen so far, Sasuke and Naruto are definitely in or near the top tier. There isn't enough competition in the pool for me to compare them to.

With three other ninja villages, one of which has been to war with the Leaf, another which was strong enough to instill the fear of war upon the Leaf, where are the other major players? Akatsuki should be a villagewide ninja threat. Now that Jiraiya has dispatched information to the ohter villages, I hope we'll be seeing more of their involvement. Along with better protection of Tailed-Demons, aside from Gaara and Naruto they've been picked off pretty easy. You'd think such containers of power would be better watched by the villages.
Old 2007-02-22, 00:35   Link #272
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura3 View Post
Along with better protection of Tailed-Demons, aside from Gaara and Naruto they've been picked off pretty easy. You'd think such containers of power would be better watched by the villages.
Well it was revealed that some villages actually want the jinchuriki gone, so they don't complain. Though it's rather odd that they wouldn't do anything to stop Akatsuki from getting their hands on them true.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 01:22   Link #273
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Well, here’s my explanation as to why Orochimaru might be cut out of the picture, Orochimaru so far has served as a tutor to Sasuke, meaning he has served his purpose. If indeed his arms are once again useless due to Sandaime's Shiki Fujin then getting Sasuke's body is pretty much useless to Orochimaru as well, not to mention Kishimoto, the Manga, and fans would never allow it. We all saw this coming, there is no reason to pretend to be surprised now.

My other reasoning is, the student always surpasses the master (we have seen this countless times, even if the master is evil). Although this is totally insignificant the final move from Rurouni Kenshin the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki in order for Kenshin to learn it, Kenshin had to defeat his masters Kuzu Ryu Sen which in the process killing his master. (Yes, I realize his master still lived, but this is just an example)

If Orochimaru does not die (which is most likely because Oro has this uber survival instincts and, he’s like Mr. Survival, he has so many get away technique’s, resurrection jutsus's etc etc. One thing is for sure, Sasuke is done with Orochimaru he is and will be gone, either going after more power or possibly to face Itachi because Sasuke feels he is ready.

Orochimaru has served his purpose, I also never believed even once Oro would get Sasuke's body mainly due to, you can't call it avenging unless your the one who’s doing it, and how would it be when Itachi see's that its actually Orochimaru in Sasuke's body, would be accept that ? Meaning, who’s really defeating Itachi? Oro or Sasuke.

Its also possible that there is a twist, and all this is just a test, Orochimaru has asked Sasuke to attack him.

Now, about Sasuke's growth and how amazing he is for doing what he did. It's actually pretty legit as I said before, try comparing it to Naruto and tell me its not correct. Sasuke has to be better then Naruto, and this compared to the new Naruto, and Naruto's new technique definitely qualifies as better then Naruto, so its right on the dot.

Moving on, I’m a big fan of romance in Naruto, Sakura and Naruto is my major one yes I would go as far as to say I am a SakuNaru/NaruSaku fan, in fact I am. None the less, one thing that is very clear, since the start of part II Sakura has been allot more in to Naruto then ever, and allot less in to Sasuke, while it may not be clear to hardcore fans of other couples. Hence, I took the time to compile a list of "facts" which hint at the possibility and aren’t ridiculous or blind, here is the original thread. Link I believe that NaruSaku is not just a possibility, but will happen based on these "facts".

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-02-22 at 06:46.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 03:04   Link #274
yinstro

I dont knwo why this is shocking, sasuke was only with oro for his teaching and his strength, If oro is weak he doenst serve his purpose. Sasuke looks at losing hsi body to oro as a possibility, but only if oro can take it, otherwise, what chance would oro have against itachi if he cant beat sasuke himself in some manner.

Also you people act like its a for gone conclusion that oro will lose, this may simply be teh beginning of a fight or a hunt, or teh possesion of sasuke. chapter ends with a confrontation, who knows whta will happen after that.

As to sasuke being over powered, he has to be at least as strong as naruto if not stronger. and yeah naruto now could probably take out 1000 ninja without taking damage, each of his bunshins is capapale of putting heavy pressure on a akatsuki. Also really, sauske has to be able to take out 1000 narutos in theory. The whole ninja strength thing isnt direct, yondaime showed hsi real strength by sealing kyuubi. the first formed konoha and ruled through war torn times. Its hard to compare top tier people and say one is stronger.

well lest see if this is teh true facts, and then see hwta happens next week ho hum long wait comes
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 03:29   Link #275
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro View Post
and yeah naruto now could probably take out 1000 ninja without taking damage
What are you smoking?
Bijuu Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 03:30   Link #276
Ichimaru

sasuke takin out 1000 ninjas is nothing

naruto can also do it with 1000 clones kage bushins...

if oro serve his purpose, than i dont like the way his going out though
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 03:36   Link #277
tatami
back in black

heh ypu people funny...

it is not equal that sasuke is 1 against 1000 and naruto clones against 1000...

and also a reminder sasuke took narutos most of kage bunshins with taijutsu and katon jutsu and he was only a genin that time...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 04:23   Link #278
Ashura3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Spoiler for 343:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
As to sasuke being over powered, he has to be at least as strong as naruto if not stronger.
My problem with that is Sasuke has to be better than Naruto because of plot devices, not because it makes logical sense in the ninja world. Naruto, as a demon host, has an extreme amount of potential and with his KB technique, is meant to be a superpower in the future.

How can Sasuke compare to that potential? All he has is a drive for revenge and the Uchiha blood, both of which are nothing compared to what Naruto has. Look at Gaara, there's an example of a properly handled demon host. The guy went from Genin to Kage in 3 friggen years, and he took on a powerful Akatsuki member, losing only because his village was in danger and he had to save it as a Kage should do.

With Kakashi and Jiraiya, both powerful, established, well known ninjas (one of whom trained the 4th Hokage), as his teachers, why didn't we see the same results from Naruto over the same period of time? Why didn't Naruto go through his KB and wind training earlier? If he had, perhaps by now he could take out an entire village with a crazy wind based attack the same way Gaara could take out an entire village if he has enough sand to work with.

I still don't feel Naruto and Sasuke's growth were handled properly. Moreso Naruto, as with Sasuke I can understand if he just happened to be one of those once in a lifetime gifted geniuses. Hopefully we'll get an idea in the future as to why Naruto is still so week after that timeskip (difficulties with dealing with Kyuubi chakra maybe?).

(although following the current trend of level-up matching that Kishi is doing, that probably won't happen)
Old 2007-02-22, 06:43   Link #279
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
My problem with that is Sasuke has to be better than Naruto because of plot devices
I think we can all agree on that one.

Quote:
How can Sasuke compare to that potential? All he has is a drive for revenge and the Uchiha blood, both of which are nothing compared to what Naruto has. Look at Gaara, there's an example of a properly handled demon host. The guy went from Genin to Kage in 3 friggen years, and he took on a powerful Akatsuki member, losing only because his village was in danger and he had to save it as a Kage should do.
Yes, while that is true it is also a fact that Gaara was taken down by Deidara.
None the less, Sasuke's growth is the comparison to that potential you speak of.

Think about it like this, can Naruto take out 1000 Ninja's? Yes, Kage Bunshin's, perhaps the New Technique, perhaps Gama Bunta. However, can Naruto do it without breaking a sweat, or unscratched, or without killing any of them, by him self with NO Taju or Kagebunshin? I would say, no.

The fact that Sasuke can do this, when he’s no where near like Naruto in terms of "Unlimited Chakra" "Kybui" "Kagebunshin" "Gama Bunta" "Rasenshuriken" without all that Sasuke was able to do this, Sasuke was not even out of breath or sweating. That alone, makes him better, Naruto has the potential to be great, and that’s all it is showing us. Sasuke's growth all it means to me is, our boy Naruto will be getting allot more stronger. I mean I think we would both agree, this was a bit over top but definitely the best way to show how much better Sasuke is then Naruto and, how much more stronger Naruto will grow to take on Sasuke. Plot device or not.

On a side note, the more I think about it the more clear it is that Orochimaru might die in the Hands of Sasuke, if not die then definitely be out of the picture for a while. The biggest blow to Orochimaru that Kishimoto could do is reveal that his hands are still decomposing and do not work due to Sandaime's Shiki Fujin. That well definitely seal Orochimaru's fate because then it wouldn’t matter if he got Sasuke's body, or anyone's body he would almost become useless. (This would also show, how much better Sasuke is then Naruto and how much Naruto would need to grow to beat Sasuke)
Old 2007-02-22, 10:55   Link #280
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Naruto has Kyuubi, yes, but he never actually let Kyuubi takes full control. That's why Naruto and Sasuke can be at the same level.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote