AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 11:33   Link #281
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 11:38   Link #282
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

It seems to me the only reason Oro is training sasuke is cuz he doesn't want to retrain himself any more than he has to. He said it himself to Jirya that he wants a genius, not someone who has to figure stuff out the hard way. Oro surrounds himself with people who can easily learn complicated and high power jutsus. He treats all of them like tools. If you could get a power saw, why would you use a regular one?
The way this series has been going so far it seems that Oro will lose becasue of his viewpoint or personal perspective/beliefs.
Old 2007-02-22, 11:50   Link #283
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Are there that many SasSaku fans?

I think this will be just between NarSak and NarHin fans.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 14:06   Link #284
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura3 View Post
Spoiler:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I can't help but feel a little awkward thinking of Sasuke and Naruto as uber ninjas already.
Didn't you think of this already when Orochimaru was introduced and it became clear that Kakashi is clearly weaker than Oro ?
Wasn't it clear when akatsuki was presented and when Orochimaru states that Itachi is even stronger than him?
Akatsuki were ridicolously overpowered compared to the geninjs, which was a clear indication that the genins will have huge powerup, of course mainly it's team 7, the real protagonists of the manga. And it's not like Naruto and Sasuke become super-strong because the akatsuki and Oro are super strong, it's exactly the opposite, akatsuki and Oro were created to be super-strong in order to make an almost no-chance situation, which is the basic concept for in shonen manga: set up a situation where the main characters have no chance and then write the big story.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 14:21   Link #285
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 16:59   Link #286
haomaru

if i recall correctley kishi in an interview a while back mention he wantend to kill orochimaru fast so he could introduce a new main villain or something like that, think that intervew was posted on the board.
haomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:19   Link #287
S_C_L-1

Spoiler:
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 19:39   Link #288
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 20:05   Link #289
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
Spoiler:
Just because he transplants the eyes doesnt mean its going to work the same way. kakashi for example: he has the MS but his MS is different then an Uchiha's MS WHY? becuase it can only be used correctly into an uchiha. kakashi's bloodline wasnt meant to hold such a powerful technique thats why it wears him out faster then sasuke and Itachi. his body isnt made to use it, so if oro uses just sasuke;s eyes in the next container without using his body the eyes will be useless. plus if he wants to put those eyes on another person it will still no work properly...Why? Because the Sharingan Is Made for the uchiha By the Uchiha. and only an Uchiha can use it to its full capability. the only reason yamato can use the 1st jutsu is becuase of complex gene therapy that killed every other person exposed to it, he was created in a petrie dish with bits and peices of the 1st DNA and after many trials and failures oro finally found a way to make it work, but even so its not the true jutsu it is only a cheap imitation.
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:55   Link #290
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage_Spyke View Post
kakashi for example: he has the MS but his MS is different then an Uchiha's MS WHY? becuase it can only be used correctly into an uchiha.
Not necessarily. The MS could vary between individuals, or there are multiple ways of getting it that yield different variants, and so on...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:28   Link #291
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Spoiler:
Firstly, all the people who are still saying Orochimaru will get Sasuke's body, face it its not going to happen. This is Sasuke we are talking about, no one would allow this, especially not the fans. Not to mention, Itachi would know right away it was Orochimaru in Sasuke's body, as an avenger it has to be Sasuke who kills Itachi, not Orochimaru. Nither Sasuke, nor Itachi, would accept the "win". Sasuke is just as much "main character" as Naruto is. Face it, Sasuke is here to stay.

Now astayanax, actually I agree with mostly everything you typed, it really would be a mistake to kill off Orochimaru, as I said it could be just the opposite. You know how the manga loves to show surprises, the next chapter could show how Orochimaru asked Sasuke to take him on as a last "test" of his "graduation". None the less, this is Orochimaru we are talking about after all, I mean the guy who stood up against the 4 tail and lived, the guy who killed the Sandaime.

However also realize Orochimaru is at his weakest condition right now, the current body he is in is obviously at its worst state (most likely why Sasuke is trying to take out Orochimaru at this point, that's IF he really is betraying him, and this is not just a big test). It could even be his arms are not decomposing because of the 3rd's jutsu, but because the current body is rejecting him, Orochimaru most likely needs a person who is willing to give his body (Kimimaro) and possibly thinks Sasuke is the one, but we as fans know better don’t we.

The one thing I'm sure about is, if this is not some kind of test for Sasuke, and this was Sasuke's decision, he is definitely done with Orochimaru and will go off on his own. I also worry about, what will happen if Sasuke does kill Orochimaru, meaning then who does Naruto have to save Sasuke from? (Him self?) No, because Sasuke's goal is to kill Itachi, Naruto's + Co.'s goal is to kill Akatsuki / Save Sasuke, if Orochimaru is out of the picture, they can literally join up.

So yea, I highly doubt Orochimaru will be killed off, or die, just there are things that point to it such as, IF the arms were decomposing due to Shiki Fujin, or the student surpasses the master and kills the master as a final graduation, but maybe that would be too cliché?. Who knows we will have to wait and see. Yes, I am also very interested in what Kabuto will be doing, I'm sure Sasuke's plan was to Kill Orochimaru while he slept kind of a stealth mission, however if after all the "hoo haa" Kabuto does not response, it could indicate this is just a test for Sasuke or, Kabuto is indeed trying to betray Orochimaru by putting cotton in his ears. So yea, I pretty much agree with what your saying.

On a side note, the Manga is late but there will be one this week, its just late.
Old 2007-02-22, 23:43   Link #292
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura3 View Post
My problem with that is Sasuke has to be better than Naruto because of plot devices, not because it makes logical sense in the ninja world. Naruto, as a demon host, has an extreme amount of potential and with his KB technique, is meant to be a superpower in the future.

How can Sasuke compare to that potential? All he has is a drive for revenge and the Uchiha blood, both of which are nothing compared to what Naruto has. Look at Gaara, there's an example of a properly handled demon host. The guy went from Genin to Kage in 3 friggen years, and he took on a powerful Akatsuki member, losing only because his village was in danger and he had to save it as a Kage should do.

With Kakashi and Jiraiya, both powerful, established, well known ninjas (one of whom trained the 4th Hokage), as his teachers, why didn't we see the same results from Naruto over the same period of time? Why didn't Naruto go through his KB and wind training earlier? If he had, perhaps by now he could take out an entire village with a crazy wind based attack the same way Gaara could take out an entire village if he has enough sand to work with.

I still don't feel Naruto and Sasuke's growth were handled properly. Moreso Naruto, as with Sasuke I can understand if he just happened to be one of those once in a lifetime gifted geniuses. Hopefully we'll get an idea in the future as to why Naruto is still so week after that timeskip (difficulties with dealing with Kyuubi chakra maybe?).

(although following the current trend of level-up matching that Kishi is doing, that probably won't happen)

Personally i think sasuke has a much easier road to greatness than naruto. H ehas sharingan, which allows the user to understand ninjas jutsus, predict motion, learn faster. By training under oro, probably teh living charachter with those most jutsus, he is exposed to a great variety.

The strongest villain we know anything about is a sharingan user, one of the strongest in konoha has one eye of sharingan he can only use for a limited time. Sharingan is established as a great boon, especially in teh hands of people with a talent for jutsus.

Now looking at being a jinchuriki, its osunds super powerful, but it seems its much more difficult to use effectively. Kyubbi burns narutos body, sometimes takes over,and gives him nothing with respect to technique or knowledge, in fact kyuubi's chakra is said to be one of teh reasons naruto had such troubles as a youth trying to be a ninja. Garra was unable to sleep, and suffered from demon possesion and psychosis. the cloud jinchuriki fared no better than asuma.

by the writing of the story till now, naruto is still teh underdog, not just in plot device, but in the way teh story has been going since day one.

Oh yeah and discounting naruto taju kage bunshin is like saying sasuke cant use any chidori based skills, kage bunshin isnt some cheating, its a technique naruto learned how to use and uses. Im am sure sasuke used some type of technique or jutsu. whether it be chidori or cs or whatever, let us also not forget that with the way his sharingan manifested itself in naruto's fight, most ninja would not even stand a chance of hitting him. And yes sharingan > greater than kage bunshin in guaranteed win type abilities(or unfair ones)
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:06   Link #293
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Naruto and Sasuke both gets the easy road to greatness.

Naruto, probably the son of the Fourth, has Kyuubi, Sasuke, the brother of Itachi, has Sharingan.

The only one who deserves any sort of pity is Sakura. Out of the three she is the only one without extraordinary family background or special power in her blood.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:23   Link #294
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Naruto and Sasuke both gets the easy road to greatness.

Naruto, probably the son of the Fourth, has Kyuubi, Sasuke, the brother of Itachi, has Sharingan.

The only one who deserves any sort of pity is Sakura. Out of the three she is the only one without extraordinary family background or special power in her blood.
I agree. She pretty much comes from a commoner background in a ninja clan sense. Even Tsunade, the person it's said she will pass, was the granddaughter of the First and Second.

She has good intelligence, excellent chakra control, and a talent for genjutsu that we haven't really seen yet. But all those pale in comparison to Naruto and Sasuke.
Old 2007-02-23, 04:02   Link #295
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I agree. She pretty much comes from a commoner background in a ninja clan sense. Even Tsunade, the person it's said she will pass, was the granddaughter of the First and Second.

She has good intelligence, excellent chakra control, and a talent for genjutsu that we haven't really seen yet. But all those pale in comparison to Naruto and Sasuke.
Still, surpassing Godaime Hokage-sama is still pretty damn good.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 05:10   Link #296
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Raw is out.

Last edited by Rachy; 2007-02-23 at 06:00.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 06:23   Link #297
Jehuty

Spoiler:
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 11:40   Link #298
xPresagio

Indeed, the raw is out.

And without spoiling a thing now (time for a new thread?), will only say that it was a lot better than how it looked, based on the spoiler description.

I reckon that it will cause a lot of controversy, specially "that phrase" (which I believe, was unnecessary and badly done), but nonetheless, it will spark the interest among the fandom, specially for us, the 'conspiracionists'..

Let the wild theories begin.

Last edited by xPresagio; 2007-02-23 at 11:54.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 11:46   Link #299
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Ho ho, I think Astayanax will be pretty excited indeed...
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote