AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-26, 04:20   Link #21
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
lwl12, i'll be a guinea pig if you want...but i'm not very good, i'm sure we could have fun, you can pick a song, and i will try.
I sent you a PM. Let me know if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
But it's 4 entries per person?! I thought it was 6... ouch.
6?!?! I think that's too much. Unless you have a duet as well as a 5-person group song (that is, you with 4 people).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Didn't want to double post .....)

NEW UPDATE

I think my headset is b0rked. Now at normal recording levels (in windows I used to set it to about the 3rd line from the bottom in recording control, with +20dB boost). the mic isn't picking up much. When I replay the song I can barely hear myself - level is like -20 dB or something. When I increase the recording level, it picks up part of the audio from the headphones, thereby distorting my voice when I sing. When I record-play an instrumental track and stay silent, then stop and replay the recorded track only, I can hear the distorted audio from the headphones. It used to be that the headset mic wouldn't pick up the headphone audio yet pick up my voice quite loudly.

Question: does this mean the headset is dying/dead and I need to buy a new one? Or is it some other hardware or software misconfiguration? I did reinstall Windows recently so I'm not sure if that affected it in any way. I don't want to waste money on headset replacement unless I know that that is the problem. Thanks.

And so close to the DKC....

EDIT: Hmm... now it seems to be working again. Still... it might be unreliable.

Last edited by Cz; 2006-05-28 at 04:20.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 09:19   Link #22
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome
Sorry, I won't be in this one. I'm taking a singing Hiatus after i wrecked my voice at Acen Otaku Idol. It was lots of fun, with three eliminations and judges. But i killed my throat.
Oh Nooo!!! And I was looking forward to hear you (amongst the other participants)! >.<! No Fome-Madness this time *sad*
Well, I wish your throat a great recovering

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew
My daughter is working on Canta Per Me (Japanese) from Noir right now, hehe
My son & daughter will probably do Lunar's opening theme, since they know it (I sing it at night to them among other things).
Wow, I can't wait to hear them! And I'm sure they have their mother's talent too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
I'm making a song with llama. I have no idea what song it is though.
Hey Jojo! I'm happy to know that you'll be in this contest Plus you found yourself a great partner ^^

Quote:
Noooo... FOME can't be out again! T_T
"Again"? I guess this is the 1st time he's out (since he began to participate in AS KC) That's why I'm sad :'(

Quote:
Anyway, got one partner and thats Helly. Maybe looking for more, if I can find any songs...
So, have you found any song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
EDIT: Hmm... now it seems to be working again. Still... it might be unreliable.
I hope it will continue working (until DKC II is over at least )
Well I'd have liked to help you, but I don't know anything about those audio configurations ^^; I myself have to increase my voice recording and decrease the instrumental music (everytime after I finished recording), to be able to listen to it T_T

Well I'm relieved to know that the deadline is June 27th, ten days after my exams ^^;;

I'm looking forward to hear everyone!
Old 2006-06-01, 03:16   Link #23
Shiemi
Counting days

I'm starting to get nervous even though there's still time. My tots have decided that whenever I want to rec my parts is the perfect time to scream and ask for things. That means that I start, and then suddenly there's a tot asking for water. I start again and then comes another tot saying "mama, mama" and pointing to my lap. Then, if do place her on my lap she starts singing the last syllable of every word I sing. They enjoy it, but I don't since I can't manage a single recording in that way!!! I'll cross fingers though.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 03:24   Link #24
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
I wouldn't doing a duet with another partner..

The song Im interested in doing is Go from Flow... pm me if interested, or if you just want to a song, let me know the song

Im 1/4, so I have 3 spaces left!
________
Buy roor bongs

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:20.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 22:12   Link #25
Ruki
teh crazy bunny.

Twee~ ^_^ I'd love to do a duet with someone.

I have some songs in mind...now if only I could find a partner...xD

PM me if interested please. ♪
Ruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 09:08   Link #26
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Hey Jojo! I'm happy to know that you'll be in this contest Plus you found yourself a great partner ^^
Actualy I wasen't truly available for this duet Karacomp but hey, how can I say no to a llama acting cute with blinking eyes.. kawaiii! lol ^^
Old 2006-06-04, 23:06   Link #27
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Actualy I wasen't truly available for this duet Karacomp but hey, how can I say no to a llama acting cute with blinking eyes.. kawaiii! lol ^^
Heh. It's easy! You just close your eyes, turn away, plug your ears so you don't hear me making little puppy dog noises, and say, "NO!" and then run away fast.

Anyway, I think this will be fun. ^_^ I'm looking forward to it.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 23:33   Link #28
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Three(3) more weeks, people! Come on, sing and submit your entries to kcl and have fun!~

* Awaits for replies from a few people (you know who you are) to determine if they still want to sing a duet*
(No, not those with whom I already agreed on songs and had drafts already. )
Old 2006-06-05, 00:27   Link #29
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
I have two entries already (hopefully my partners won't change their minds)... Both of them are going to be pretty interesting for different reasons. ^^;;
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 07:08   Link #30
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Three(3) more weeks, people! Come on, sing and submit your entries to kcl and have fun!~
Wish it was that easy. *looks at screaming toddlers* I might end up sending voice files with nice toddler backgrounds to everyone like I already did with someone.

Quote:
(No, not those with whom I already agreed on songs and had drafts already. )
I wonder who you are referring too.

Anyway, I almost have some drafts ready for one of my partners so that she will choose a voice (already did one of the voices), I am in drafts mode with another two partners for some time now, and then there's one partner to whom I also owe files, but hope to send them before the end of this week if in luck.
Old 2006-06-05, 22:10   Link #31
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi
Wish it was that easy. *looks at screaming toddlers* I might end up sending voice files with nice toddler backgrounds to everyone like I already did with someone.
May I suggest persuading a friend or relative to take care of them for a few hours?

Quote:
I wonder who you are referring too.
Those with whom I have not even confirmed songs yet. And they should do so soon because I don't get a chance to sing every day.
Old 2006-06-06, 03:34   Link #32
Shiemi
Counting days

Well today I sent files to a partner and I hope that finished my duty with that partner. I almost sent that partner a wrong file, btw, one that I have ready for another partner as sample. lol Now that would have been funny. That partner would have suddenly asked, "When did we agree on that song? I don't remember that one." Hopefully, I won't end up sending all the wrong songs.
Old 2006-06-07, 01:36   Link #33
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Hopefully, I won't end up sending all the wrong songs.
I hope so too. Leaking a song out before the DKC is something I'd want to avoid.
Old 2006-06-09, 04:30   Link #34
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
I hope so too. Leaking a song out before the DKC is something I'd want to avoid.
As amusing as it would be, you are quite right. It's best to avoid it at all costs.

Anyway, how is everyone's progress? Today I've finally sent the most difficult draft I've made to the 3rd partner. Yaiii!

I still owe a final version to my first partner. I think I already finished things with my second partner unless she suddenly makes me do the files all over again.

With my 3rd, sent him the 1st draft today. Eep! The second will have to be the last so I'll have to do my best.

With my 4th partner... Let's just say that we haven't completely decided on a song. But I hope we'll be settled soon enough. I had done drafts for HIKARU Stage for the 4th partner, but the song might be a bit complicated and I understand if she'd rather pic an easier song. Who knows?

Ah well... As this thread has been kind of asleep I've decided to bring one of my drafts that will never get into a kara comp.

Yuzurenai Negai from Magic Knight Rayearth:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...6E7C8879291C93
Old 2006-06-09, 09:38   Link #35
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Haven't recorded the cubs entries yet; will probably do that this weekend.

Then again they may chicken out and we don't get anything out of them... I don't expect much @ their age rofl

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 18:37   Link #36
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helly
You bet ^^ I'm telling you this time its going to be a realy close run. Good luck to you.

Me and llama are quite finished. Maybe some last minute details but nothing much I'm pretty sure. It sound good. ^^ I'm proud of this song and its been a pleasure working with you llama.
Old 2006-06-09, 20:28   Link #37
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJO
You bet ^^ I'm telling you this time its going to be a realy close run. Good luck to you.

Me and llama are quite finished. Maybe some last minute details but nothing much I'm pretty sure. It sound good. ^^ I'm proud of this song and its been a pleasure working with you llama.
LOL! Yup! A close one! I've just finished mixing one of my duets and I'm also quite happy
Good Luck to you too! I'm sure you're gonna surprise me once again

Woohoo!! I can't wait to hear all the duets!!!

Quote:
Yuzurenai Negai from Magic Knight Rayearth:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...6E7C8879291C93
Hmm...that's strange, I can't download the file I'll try later

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew
I don't expect much @ their age rofl
lol yeah, better not force them, or else they might never want to sing again, which would be a shame T_T
Old 2006-06-10, 00:39   Link #38
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Just got fragments of a song from one partner, had a draft (?) from another partner, waiting to hear back from another partner, and the last partner is probably dropping out. There was a fifth potential partner but I have not heard from the person for a while after the initial interest. So that brings me back to three more-or-less confirmed partners for the duet.
Old 2006-06-12, 21:21   Link #39
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Deadline is slowly approaching, people. And procrastination is never your friend no matter how much it temps you.
Now... I should work on mine too...
Old 2006-06-13, 02:19   Link #40
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
Deadline is slowly approaching, people. And procrastination is never your friend no matter how much it temps you.
Now... I should work on mine too...
Do you mean to say that you haven't received a single entry yet?

Well, I've finally decided on a song with my last partner. Just hope the song won't be too cute for your tastes, kcl...

Tags
karaoke competition