AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-15, 07:41   Link #2561
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
I think most of military members were not in agreement with 10MC systems.
Especially with Battalion 101 which under Saeki's jurisdiction. Saeki was a rival of Kudou Retsu, she eventually was dubbed as anti 10MC.
Kazama was ordered by Saeki to hand off from that matter. Hence he couldn't do anything about it.

I think next maybe 9MC vs Yotsuba, in order to quell the feeling dissatisfaction, the blame then pointed to Yotsuba by Kouichi.
So people's angry directed to Yotsuba instead of magician in general.
^It's possible but still quite far-fetched and unfair. Far-fetched in the sense that Tatsuya now is known as part of Yotsuba and he is the most valuable assets for both military and economy(the latter has not yet to be revealed but soon) so the Japanese top officials must reluctant to get rid of him together with Yotsuba. Besides, Aoba won't permit it. Unfair is due to the fact that Yotsuba is also a victim of crelty in magical world. Other 10MC especially Maya's fangirl who is also a family head(i forgot her name) probably won't allow it. Moreover, don't forget that Koichi is redeeming the reputation of his family from his previous blunder, his words or subsequent actions won't hold much credibility how can he coax other family head? I for one love Maya and wouldn't like to see her demise. Though USNA would be happy to accept Yotsuba through Balance if Yotsuba's existence was denied by Japan.

Anyway, if your scenario really do occur, Tatsuya's various connections will be the keys to solve the issue especially ESCAPE. I also want to see Kitayama play a part in the project, just saying.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 08:29   Link #2562
bakato

Quote:
Yeah, there was limit on how compact the information in summary post
Spoiler:

for the last chapter summary
Spoiler for chapter 15 summary:
So that spoiler about Saegusa being flamed was false?

With Gu gone, a new sage will have to be chosen. I hope it's Tatsuya.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 08:39   Link #2563
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
Unfair is due to the fact that Yotsuba is also a victim of crelty in magical world.
What?

They have been second to Gu Jie in term of inhuman treatment of magicians and none-magicians in the story so far. Mitsugu was going around murdering people to gather data on parasites behaviors in the Visitor's arc instead of protecting people. We also have hints that 4th lab is still 100% functional doing illegal experiments which seems to include tortures going by what Tatsuya had to go through.

They aren't victims, they are quite fine with magicians being treated as tools and guinea pigs...as long as it's not done in future clan head prospects, but everyone else is fair game.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 08:41   Link #2564
Ultragunner

haha, Akane's got good instinct, she knows right away that Tatsuya is bad news
Old 2016-03-15, 08:47   Link #2565
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
Thanks mashingan for chapter 5 summary.

Masaki made decision to choose Magic Univ same as Miyuki? How about Tatsuya?

How about scene Tatsuya and the gang at karaoke and bowling centre?

- fan art
I don't think Tat is suck at singing More like he is tone-deaf

Erika laughs so much that she looks like she has stomach ache

Quote:

Woah, Kyoko isn't even feel sorry for Toshi
Yeah because it was his fault for being careless to be used by you, you know?

Satroll must like cold women
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 09:04   Link #2566
Medivh

Quote:
Spoiler:

I lol'd at shizuka being the shadow head of PMC. That sounds like what she would do.
So, only first high got the weed-bloom problem.

It seems there is quite a number of people wanting to see yotsuba against the other 10mc. Personally, I don't think that is going to happen. I feel like the conflict will be more likely on the 100 families and the magic community vs the 10mc.
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 09:24   Link #2567
mashingan
魔神眼

I've edited my summary posts to omit many details, although it was not quite details before but it's still details enough.
However I do encourage you to read the actual book if it's available in your language as I believe the summaries won't do the justice
Even when I posted the summaries, I felt so.

Quote:
^It's possible but still quite far-fetched and unfair. Far-fetched in the sense that Tatsuya now is known as part of Yotsuba and he is the most valuable assets for both military and economy(the latter has not yet to be revealed but soon) so the Japanese top officials must reluctant to get rid of him together with Yotsuba. Besides, Aoba won't permit it. Unfair is due to the fact that Yotsuba is also a victim of crelty in magical world. Other 10MC especially Maya's fangirl who is also a family head(i forgot her name) probably won't allow it. Moreover, don't forget that Koichi is redeeming the reputation of his family from his previous blunder, his words or subsequent actions won't hold much credibility how can he coax other family head? I for one love Maya and wouldn't like to see her demise. Though USNA would be happy to accept Yotsuba through Balance if Yotsuba's existence was denied by Japan.

Anyway, if your scenario really do occur, Tatsuya's various connections will be the keys to solve the issue especially ESCAPE. I also want to see Kitayama play a part in the project, just saying.
Actually, when I thought it again. There's one ally that's really annoying, it's USNA! Don't you think so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So that spoiler about Saegusa being flamed was false?
Yes, it's false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
I lol'd at shizuka being the shadow head of PMC. That sounds like what she would do.
So, only first high got the weed-bloom problem.
There's a note about that when Masaki wanted to observe how PMC in 1st High do their work. But at that time was Shizuku's turn to patrol. Mikihiko immediately suggest that he will swap the turn for this time with Shizuku
I don't know what it imply but I think there will be some crazy scene if Shizuku makes her patrolling.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 09:27   Link #2568
Zeborg

Quote:
It seems there is quite a number of people wanting to see yotsuba against the other 10mc. Personally, I don't think that is going to happen. I feel like the conflict will be more likely on the 100 families and the magic community vs the 10mc.
There is no story to be told in 10MC vs 100MC. The 100MC gets crushed. The Yotsuba alone are already powerful enough to threaten the power balance of the 10MC. Also, there hasn't really been any development to suggest at that sort of a confrontation.
Just hoping for an arc where the odds aren't completely unbalanced.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 09:37   Link #2569
Medivh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
There is no story to be told in 10MC vs 100MC. The 100MC gets crushed. The Yotsuba alone are already powerful enough to threaten the power balance of the 10MC. Also, there hasn't really been any development to suggest at that sort of a confrontation.
Just hoping for an arc where the odds aren't completely unbalanced.
When I say the magic community, I don't just mean 100 families, it means the military, other traditional magicians. They are many magicians that dislike the system.
Old 2016-03-15, 09:40   Link #2570
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Well...It's not exactly irrevant with the arc.

By now we roughly know all important events in v19 so it is normal that we try to link or rationalise hints here and there as well as speculate future events.

From Erika's reaction in the diary part which she can smile radiantly again, we should be overthinking thing about Chiba. True her smile doesn't represent the inner thought of Chiba's head but i don't think he will cause any upheaval.

Do u guys still think that we have a chance for Rozen arc? V20 about Erika and Leo could be the prelude for the arc. Actually Rozen arc is slowly becoming an urban legend arc that a lot of ppl have been expected for a long time.
Yeah the Rozen Arc is a complete urban legend; but the SS sound promising due to its title.

Quote:
Haha; Masaki misunderstand pretty sure Erika was the one to urge everyone to stalk Masaki and Miyuki, as if Tatsuya says the condition was to bring Minami only. He would be ok with that already.

Edit: So Masaki will casually be part of the gang when he goes to uni.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 09:45   Link #2571
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
What?

They have been second to Gu Jie in term of inhuman treatment of magicians and none-magicians in the story so far. Mitsugu was going around murdering people to gather data on parasites behaviors in the Visitor's arc instead of protecting people. We also have hints that 4th lab is still 100% functional doing illegal experiments which seems to include tortures going by what Tatsuya had to go through.

They aren't victims, they are quite fine with magicians being treated as tools and guinea pigs...as long as it's not done in future clan head prospects, but everyone else is fair game.
You can also look at it from different perspective. Yotsuba as well as other 10MC which were originated from magic researching, are the products of the era where inhumane experiments were encouraged and possibly legalized by the government. Yotsuba' infamy was resulted from Maya's incident which Yotsuba was clearly a victim here. I'm not surprised why the clan head at the time chose to hide the clan and preferred to be looked at with fear rather than risking the same tragedy repeating itself. Their assassination and covert opt which are their forte are also implicitly approved by the government, you can say their jobs are part of the national security. Can you give an example that Mitsugu killed innocent people? Those he killed were a threat to Japan, even if he didn't do it others would. As far as i recall, those parasites he killed were not Japanese citizens and were illegally migrants. They were also not humans hence civil rights could not be applied to them. Even we guarantee civil rights for them, they were criminals who already killed Japanese citizens and were being pursued by public forces. I don't see any reasons why Mitsugu couldn't kill them.

Regarding 4th lab, 4th lab still in active is merely conjectures at the moment i will refrain from giving my comment but my point is that while Yotsuba through Aoba is still doing research in magic we still do not have evidences indicate that those research are inhumane. Besides, how can you be so sure that other families won't still doing something worst? Take a look at 9th lab when he did the experiment on parasite doll it was also illegal not to mention colluding with foreigner which was borderline treason. Talking about Tatsuya being tormented, i admitted it was inhumane. However, without such training and inhumane operation from Yotsuba he won't be able to survive. He might end up either lab rat somewhere or unintentionally using MB. His fate was sealed since he was given his ability by god. Look i won't deny the ideology that raising Tatsuya with cares and love might make him grow strong with high tolerance as well but with comforts i don't believe his mental fortifications to prevent tragedy would be as strong as of now. Let's say if he were born in other 10MC, what would they do?They do not have ability to tamper with MCA as Miya. They might decide to lock him up the rest of his life and only utilize them when they need him.

In fact, 10MC system has been created with the objectives of treating magicians as weapons according to Retsu. Now he want to change to direction because his grandson is sick and he doesn't want to be used. Retsu's wish is sound but hypocrite and he did not care how many would suffer during the process. My point is every family in the story has hidden agenda and in need of powers with some pathetic excuses like balancing the power. Yotsuba on the other hand they need power to protect themselves not to hinder or harm others. As long as magicians are still a backbone in military, it is hard to not be looked as weapons. I believe however that Tat and Miyuki will eventually provide means for Yotsuba to change the direction of the clan.

Sorry for blabbering but why painting Yotsuba so black, so far they hasn't done anything to harm others or betray the country.

Last edited by Kadia; 2016-03-15 at 10:40.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 09:47   Link #2572
Zeborg

Quote:
When I say the magic community, I don't just mean 100 families, it means the military, other traditional magicians. They are many magicians that dislike the system.
Well, it can't be both at the same time. If it's the military, there is really no reason that the 100 families would be on their side. And I don't think traditional magicians would take part, even if they did, they're pretty much irrelevant.

In any case, it would be too easy. And I don't really see why the military would try to get on Tatsuya's bad side, considering his importance, and the importance of strategic magic in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Haha; Masaki misunderstand pretty sure Erika was the one to urge everyone to stalk Masaki and Miyuki, as if Tatsuya says the condition was to bring Minami only. He would be ok with that already.
I think, it's only Tatsuya who knew that, since Masaki asked him. So obviously he organized everyone to come and disrupt the outing. I don't really understand the motive behind this. Did he think that denying it outright was not proper to do?

Last edited by Zeborg; 2016-03-15 at 10:02.
Old 2016-03-15, 10:07   Link #2573
nijok

is masaki trying to woo again Miyuki? because otherwise I do not see the point and besides that Miyuki and I declare that this enamored with tatsuya and all
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 10:20   Link #2574
Echizen777

So, we could really get the Irregular at Magic University?

Thanks for the summary.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 11:10   Link #2575
Medivh

Quote:
Well, it can't be both at the same time. If it's the military, there is really no reason that the 100 families would be on their side. And I don't think traditional magicians would take part, even if they did, they're pretty much irrelevant.

In any case, it would be too easy. And I don't really see why the military would try to get on Tatsuya's bad side, considering his importance, and the importance of strategic magic in general.

I think, it's only Tatsuya who knew that, since Masaki asked him. So obviously he organized everyone to come and disrupt the outing. I don't really understand the motive behind this. Did he think that denying it outright was not proper to do?
What can't it be both? If the whole of magic community does not want 10mc to represent themt but 10mc do not want to change, the military will help them. Ancient magician are not irrelevant since there is yakumo and the hieizan.

Tatsuya can easily be persuaded to side with them by ensuring miyuki safety. It is not like tatsuya really care about 10mc system.

Of course, this is assuming it is going to be an all out war.
Old 2016-03-15, 11:14   Link #2576
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

Edit: So Masaki will casually be part of the gang when he goes to uni.
That's quite likely. However it can come from Erika or Tatsuya as Erika lacked of delicacy while Tatsuya lacked of common sense

Quote:
Masaki invited Miyuki in the corridor to SC room. So there were quite large number of students there.
And it's not Erika if she couldn't get the info/rumor about Ichijou inviting Miyuki

Since Tatsuya was kinda lack of common sense, he only said "I permit if it's watching the movie only", so I think he literally meant that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijok View Post
is masaki trying to woo again Miyuki? because otherwise I do not see the point and besides that Miyuki and I declare that this enamored with tatsuya and all
As far the story went in this arc, Miyuki held back on how she interacted with Tatsuya. So Masaki didn't able to see how close those two before the engagement announcement.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 11:21   Link #2577
Zeborg

Quote:
What can't it be both? If the whole of magic community does not want 10mc to represent themt but 10mc do not want to change, the military will help them. Ancient magician are not irrelevant since there is yakumo and the hieizan.

Tatsuya can easily be persuaded to side with them by ensuring miyuki safety. It is not like tatsuya really care about 10mc system.

Of course, this is assuming it is going to be an all out war.
The 100 families are part of the 10MC system. The families are there because of power, not simply as representatives from the magic community. Anyone can take their place. Like what happened with Shippou for instance.
Being anti 10MC = being anti 100 families. So it doesn't really make sense to me.

The traditionalists aren't really relevant because first off, they haven't been on Tatsuya's side. So that rules them out. And secondly, when talking specifically about Yakumo, he doesn't take part in political events. He is neutral and a buddhist monk. Something very strange would have to happen for him to go against Tatsuya. I think it would actually have to be Tatsuya who starts doing something crazy for Yakumo to oppose him.

Quote:
Masaki invited Miyuki in the corridor to SC room. So there were quite large number of students there.
And it's not Erika if she couldn't get the info/rumor about Ichijou inviting Miyuki

Since Tatsuya was kinda lack of common sense, he only said "I permit if it's watching the movie only", so I think he literally meant that
Oh, I see.
Old 2016-03-15, 12:02   Link #2578
azarhal

Quote:
That's quite likely. However it can come from Erika or Tatsuya as Erika lacked of delicacy while Tatsuya lacked of common sense

Erika not knowing about something that happened at First High right away? She always know what is going on at school before everyone else. I'm pretty sure she runs an information circle.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 12:30   Link #2579
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

@Mashingan, from what you can get about volume 19 I need to ask some questions:

1.- What's the actual status of Masaki and Mayumi regarding Miyuki and Tatsuya? it is true some comments on 2ch talking about the fact that both have no chances at all?

2.- Basically Tatsuya is just a failure in a experiment looking for a much more overpowered ability? This is what I can get from the info in this volume, maybe I read that in a wrong way since my japanese isn't that good.
Nozomu Itoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 13:09   Link #2580
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Spoiler:

So outside of the feeling of losing a co-worker Kyouko wasn't even that torn over his death. Poor Toshi.

Tags
political intrigue