Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-22, 18:23   Link #101
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
This is a bit off topic, but I though people might be slightly interested in it. In Comiket 73, a group of fans released their own live action version of Higurashi, titled 'Sono Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni'. You can view the trailer for it here. I especially liked the casting choices for Takano and Hanyuu.

PS: They also have a website for those that want to see more.
Oh my gosh! So much Drag! My eyes........... O_O............... But seriously, I loved that version of Nageki No Mori that played in the background, anyone know the name of it?
Old 2008-02-22, 20:19   Link #102
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Oh my gosh! So much Drag! My eyes........... O_O............... But seriously, I loved that version of Nageki No Mori that played in the background, anyone know the name of it?
Nageki No Mori - Kinda Trance Inst mix-.mp3
Old 2008-02-22, 21:20   Link #103
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Nageki No Mori - Kinda Trance Inst mix-.mp3
Can't seem to find anything like that listed on any of the albums. Any one know the title of the album it's on? Or should I try my luck in the music disscussion thread?
Old 2008-02-22, 21:46   Link #104
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

I think it was done by the guys of the parody movie.

I don't think there's an album for it. I just ripped it out of the youtube video.
Old 2008-02-22, 21:54   Link #105
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
I think it was done by the guys of the parody movie.

I don't think there's an album for it. I just ripped it out of the youtube video.
Really? Because I just found an album a few minutes ago called 'Hyper Moe' by Ayane and it lists a 'Nageki No Mori: Trance Version' as track 09. I'm guessing it's the same thing.
Old 2008-02-22, 22:21   Link #106
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Eeh

I just found it at my source and there's such an album

I'll download it later and check it out
Old 2008-02-22, 23:06   Link #107
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Eeh

I just found it at my source and there's such an album

I'll download it later and check it out
Yeah, I'm torrenting it right now, but it looks like it's going take a really long time............ eh........ stupid lack of seeders >_<..............
Old 2008-02-23, 08:17   Link #108
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Well
It's a cool album
but the nageki no mori there is not the same version of the parody movie at all.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:38   Link #109
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Well
It's a cool album
but the nageki no mori there is not the same version of the parody movie at all.
Aw, really? Sigh........... I guess it was an original mix for the parody after all.......... oh well.
Old 2008-02-24, 16:03   Link #110
JustInn14
moo

I can't imagine a live action Higurashi movie. If they REALLY wanted to make a movie, why not just make it animated?!
Old 2008-02-24, 16:12   Link #111
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustInn14 View Post
I can't imagine a live action Higurashi movie. If they REALLY wanted to make a movie, why not just make it animated?!
But..... making an anime movie of Onikakushi-Hen.... They might as well just splice together the first 4 eps of season 1. Seriously, an Onikakushi anime movie would just be a glorified redo....
Old 2008-02-25, 02:49   Link #112
maebara ftw.
HOMERUN~!!

Send a message via MSN to maebara ftw.
Mixed thoughts towards this...

It smells of poorly made B-movie, but I'm really hoping they'll pull through for us. It'd really suck if Higurashi was given tomato sauce blood effects and no awesome bat-splat sounds.

Also really disappointed that they couldn't buy wigs for the girls, or even bother to get their personalities down right. Keiichi's actor is too 'badass'; he doesn't look OR sound scared, especially the preview for his neck clawing. Satoko and Rika look waaaay too old. Maybe I'm too picky, but stuff like that really gets on my nerves.

On the other hand, I adore Higurashi and Onikakushi-hen happens to be my favourite arc so... I guess we can only wait and see how it turns out, right?
Old 2008-02-25, 06:38   Link #113
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by maebara ftw. View Post
Also really disappointed that they couldn't buy wigs for the girls, or even bother to get their personalities down right.
Strangely colored and shaped hair isn't a problem for a cartoon, but in a live action movie it would have been both distracting and would probably make it hard for the audience to take it seriously. Considering that this is a horror movie, that would have been a bad thing.
Old 2008-02-25, 07:13   Link #114
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
I actually find it much more distracting when they mess with established characters designs to this extent: leaving out extreme colors(green etc) is one thing, but at the very least keep blonde characters blonde. In all honesty I do believe some live-actions would work better with the original hair colors. Also note how the ones that try and stay close to the source material can end up being way more entertaining: I.e.: the inclusion of comic-like-slow-mo over the top goofy stuff, and such
Old 2008-02-25, 10:39   Link #115
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ ] View Post
I actually find it much more distracting when they mess with established characters designs to this extent: leaving out extreme colors(green etc) is one thing, but at the very least keep blonde characters blonde. In all honesty I do believe some live-actions would work better with the original hair colors. Also note how the ones that try and stay close to the source material can end up being way more entertaining: I.e.: the inclusion of comic-like-slow-mo over the top goofy stuff, and such
They're all Japanese so blond isn't a natural hair color either. Unless the characters were meant to be dyeing their hair (which we have no reason to think they do), having blond characters doesn't really make more since than having green-haired ones.
Old 2008-03-05, 01:00   Link #116
Vonmalvarius

There's a new trailer of the live-action. IMO it's alot better than the others. I think the movie has potential. My great fear concerning it is the lack of happy scenes.
In the visual novels, the manga and Anime Kai: 50%happy 50%Mystery/horror/gore
In the Anime(1st season): 25%happy 75%Mystery/horror/gore
According to the trailers, I think the movie will highly focus on the Mystery/horror/gore aspect of higurashi. Hopefully they'll put those happy scenes. In the mean time, here's the new trailer:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=rYUUL-RQEfA
Old 2008-03-05, 01:16   Link #117
Rias

The trailer does spark some of my interest in the movie...but when thinking back on the special that they had back in christmas, I still have mixed feelings for the movie.
Old 2008-03-05, 03:47   Link #118
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Even though I've seen the entire series and had very nearly all of my questions answered, that preview still frightens me.
Old 2008-03-05, 11:26   Link #119
Mashimaro
q8D

The song featured in the trailer is Wheel of Fortune by Shimamiya Eiko, correct?

Anybody know the release date?
Old 2008-03-05, 13:41   Link #120
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

That trailer is badass!

Closed Thread

Tags
live action