AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 04:28   Link #761
noahgab1133

Cool

I love S&W. I found out about this brilliant story from the manga and then went to the anime and finally the novels. It truly is a magnificent story. Thanks to all the translators from that hardworking website. Also i might try to do some minor editing to fix spelling/grammer errors or to make sentences flow better or make more sense.

Last edited by noahgab1133; 2009-07-30 at 19:40.
noahgab1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 11:13   Link #762
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahgab1133 View Post
I love S&W. I found out about this brilliant story from the manga and then went to the anime and finally the novels. It truly is a magnificent story. Thanks to all the translators from that hardworking website. Also i might try to do some minor editing to fix spelling/grammer errors or to make sentences flow better or make more sense.
Hi, you might review the forum rules and edit your post... mentioning locations of fansubs, scanlations, or translations once a product has been licensed is verboten

But yes, I went from anime to novels and now to manga and have enjoyed all immensely (very rare with a franchise).
Old 2009-07-30, 19:41   Link #763
noahgab1133

sorry about that. i fixed my post.
noahgab1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 01:45   Link #764
FTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hi, you might review the forum rules and edit your post... mentioning locations of fansubs, scanlations, or translations once a product has been licensed is verboten

But yes, I went from anime to novels and now to manga and have enjoyed all immensely (very rare with a franchise).
You actually use the german word "verboten" in the english language?
I didnt know that. I was sure that it would be only "forbidden" or "prohibited" in that case. With "Kindergarten" und "Schadenfreude" thats the third german word I know of that both languages use in the same manner.

I also enjoyed anime, manga and novels immense so far. The whole Idea of a traveling merchant messing around with business contracts and a cunning wolf deity is totally unique and makes this a brilliant piece of art.
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 11:09   Link #765
Toreno
すごい!

I just noticed that the anime is still at volume 3... Well, not that I'm complaining.

@FTGT

There are many more German words used in the English language like Stadtland, Angst, Zeitgeist, Dreck, Achtung, Blitzkrieg, Doppelgänger etc. ^^
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 11:45   Link #766
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post
You actually use the german word "verboten" in the english language?
I didnt know that. I was sure that it would be only "forbidden" or "prohibited" in that case. With "Kindergarten" und "Schadenfreude" thats the third german word I know of that both languages use in the same manner.

I also enjoyed anime, manga and novels immense so far. The whole Idea of a traveling merchant messing around with business contracts and a cunning wolf deity is totally unique and makes this a brilliant piece of art.
German words in english come from several sources -- a big percentage was simply due to the American soldier experience in WW2. Many words are known simply from that period. People will use German words for humorous effect or in a satirical way (comedy). Other words come from the sciences. 'Gestalt' (there's your fourth word) is another term.
And yet more words slip in simply due to the huge number of Germans who settled in America (Texas is dripping in German ancestry and still notes it with the names of towns, polka, and beer festivals).

English is a slutty sponge of a language which makes it quite adaptable and survivable. Interestingly, Japanese is the same way (which is fascinating considering the general insularity of the culture).
Old 2009-08-01, 20:49   Link #767
Kaguya
an idler

May I mention the preview of the novel which is in an official site here?
I will delete it, if it is forbidden.

Vol.12 is released on August 10.

I thought that a cover illustration was the turn of twilight, but it seems to be midnight.
Maybe Vol.11 was twilight.

Spoiler for preview:
The 2nd girl character has appeared since Alies in Vol.7.
Vol.12 seems to be a role playing game somehow.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 23:58   Link #768
prnoct90

What novel does season 2 cover?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 01:51   Link #769
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
What novel does season 2 cover?
The season 2 covers Vol.3 and Vol.5.
Vol.5 is the volume of the beginning of the arc which continues till Vol.9.
Although a story is ended on the way, I can say that it is a climax in a certain meaning.
Old 2009-08-02, 08:49   Link #770
prnoct90

What about vol 4? Did they just skip it?
Old 2009-08-02, 12:21   Link #771
Kaguya
an idler

Vol.4 is skipped although a reason is unexplained.
A story is not contradictory even if Vol.4 is skipped.
But it cannot be inserted after Vol.6 because Vol.4 runs short of characters.
Therefore, Vol.4 will be used as OVA.
Old 2009-08-02, 16:25   Link #772
prnoct90

so it was announced vol 4 would be an ova?
Old 2009-08-02, 16:40   Link #773
Kaguya
an idler

No, nothing is announced.
It merely lacks characters for the season 3 or 4.
Therefore, maybe, Vol.4 is not used for a broadcast version.
Old 2009-08-03, 05:51   Link #774
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Spoiler for preview:
wouldnt diane fit that one? she is a big bird with white feathers, and angel have white feathers usually. She is also a witch.
I doubt it is her though
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 10:57   Link #775
FTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
@FTGT
There are many more German words used in the English language like Stadtland, Angst, Zeitgeist, Dreck, Achtung, Blitzkrieg, Doppelgänger etc. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
German words in english come from several sources -- a big percentage was simply due to the American soldier experience in WW2. Many words are known simply from that period. People will use German words for humorous effect or in a satirical way (comedy). Other words come from the sciences. 'Gestalt' (there's your fourth word) is another term.
And yet more words slip in simply due to the huge number of Germans who settled in America (Texas is dripping in German ancestry and still notes it with the names of towns, polka, and beer festivals).
English is a slutty sponge of a language which makes it quite adaptable and survivable. Interestingly, Japanese is the same way (which is fascinating considering the general insularity of the culture).
Thx for the Infos. I learned something new.
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:56   Link #776
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
May I mention the preview of the novel which is in an official site here?
I will delete it, if it is forbidden.

Vol.12 is released on August 10.

I thought that a cover illustration was the turn of twilight, but it seems to be midnight.
Maybe Vol.11 was twilight.

Spoiler for preview:
The 2nd girl character has appeared since Alies in Vol.7.
Vol.12 seems to be a role playing game somehow.
Aww man, now I have to cancel my order and add that item. Oh well.
Old 2009-08-08, 12:02   Link #777
Used Can

Has Horo's and Lawrence's relationship gone anywhere? I'm feeling like starting to read this again.
Old 2009-08-09, 11:36   Link #778
ice73

Hi.

Hullo everyone. I have to say no anime has intrigued me this much in many, many years. Thanks to this and other fan forums, my thirst for information about this series has been slaked (but not quenched!) It is what drives me to ask, on my first post, a couple of questions.

1. Could someone please tell me about the people shown in the Spice and Wolf II OP? Basically, I would like to know who the nun and the white-shirted man, the old man sitting at the table, the chugalugging waitress(?), and the fellow on the rocking ship are. Is that drinking woman Iima from Volume 4? And why is the ED showing Amati curtsying to that nun?

2. Does Diana reappear in the novels?

3. Does that bear appear in the novels?

Thanks.
ice73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 16:47   Link #779
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
can anyone tell me the release date for the first three novels?I'm...erm...a little bit interested in the officially translated version....not that I am all that interested in novels...or something...

*whistles innocently*

Old 2009-08-10, 17:28   Link #780
LKK

Volume 1 is scheduled for December 2009. Volume 2 is scheduled for June 2010. Volume 3 is scheduled for December 2010. The Yen Press web page lists a release every 6 months through volume 6 in June 2012.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen