AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 09:32   Link #3781
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The LK love just continues to roll my way...God, I love this expansion! ^^

Spoiler for TURTLE POWER!:
Old 2009-08-04, 11:54   Link #3782
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It seems 3.2 is upon us, downloading it now, hopefully having it running before server maintenance is over. Hopefully it was worth the wait.
Old 2009-08-04, 12:10   Link #3783
Skane
Anime Snark

Time to farm Heroics for Emblems of Conquest.

Hehe.
Old 2009-08-04, 12:22   Link #3784
Xacual

Time to farm my Jeeves Schematic once server comes up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:01   Link #3785
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Hope 3.2 has ranged weapons and trinkets(hunter) as reward from tokens... Getting fed up with my bad luck as well as no decent trinket rewards for hunters.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:20   Link #3786
Xacual

I think the new 5man has trinkets. I know there are nice ones in the new raid.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-08-04, 15:20   Link #3787
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Mmm hope there is a good hunter one amongst it than. Don't have time to raid anymore so finding a guild is even a pain after my current one died. So hope i can still get some upgrades from tokens as i do have time to do 5man so once inawhile.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 15:37   Link #3788
Xacual

The Physical dps trinket is armor penetration rating with a atp proc. From the normal 5man.

Old 2009-08-04, 17:41   Link #3789
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I needs me a new melee trinket for my DPS set too!

I'm almost cringing at how my DK will be in tonight's raid. I deliberately avoided most the PTR change info, but I have a rough idea what to expect. Still all I care about if it's still fun and I haven't be completely neutered as a tank, heh.
Old 2009-08-05, 07:32   Link #3790
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I gave up on my DK ~_~ my DPS went from 2.7k to 1.7k all thanks to blizzard's retardedness. I tried many build fix around the changes yesterday, hell I wasted closed to 1k gold to reset, but then I just gave up <.<
I am playing warlock now, at least I get to spam AOE Ya I got my warlock to 80 already even this is my 3rd month playing WOW
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 08:28   Link #3791
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I gave up on my DK ~_~ my DPS went from 2.7k to 1.7k all thanks to blizzard's retardedness. I tried many build fix around the changes yesterday, hell I wasted closed to 1k gold to reset, but then I just gave up <.<
I am playing warlock now, at least I get to spam AOE Ya I got my warlock to 80 already even this is my 3rd month playing WOW
I highly doubt the DK changes dropped your dps by over 30%. The only spec that has a real change in mechanics and talenting is Unholy and it's not a earth-shattering change. Elitist Jerks is a good place to get learn about effective specs since the posters were testing on the PTR and running sims before the patch went out. Of course, they're still posting now with data and what not. Anyways, if you're Unholy check EJ to see what you need to change. If you're Blood, nothing has really changed. If you're Frost, I hope you're dual wielding.
Old 2009-08-05, 09:26   Link #3792
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

well, the numbers don't lie, it said my DPS is 1.7k now on my recount The last time I tested it last week was 2.7k

Also, watchout for some guy named Blizzardadminl he's going around telling people to "login" a fake "battlenet" site to "sign up" to test a new mount :P
Old 2009-08-05, 09:40   Link #3793
Olaguer

I didn't play WoW before because most people say it fails. I never seen it's trailer too. After reading this thread, I'm thinking of trying it out.
Olaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 11:26   Link #3794
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I was kind of underwhelmed by the 5 player version of the Trial of the Crusade. Encounter 1 was a snore. The 2nd encounter with that chick that is like the good version of Whitemane that summons a boss from times past - that was okayish. The return of the Black Knight...boring. I guess some of the loot is Ulduar quality but I didn't see anything to get psyched over. This is nothing like the jolt Magister's Terrace was. Unless there is something at a 1% drop rate that isn't known about yet, I can't see interest in the 5 player version lasting long, except for alts. I had a look at the full loot table for Heroic and Normal - the normal version seems to be on par with the Heroism emblem rewards and the heroic verison with Frost wing Naxx/early Ulduar. If you're Ulduar geared already, the only reason to do this would be to get the 3 Champions Seals or to do that achievement to beat the 6 trips down memory lane.

However, the three new pets they brought in this patch via quests/vendors mean I can finally hit my 75 pets achievement soon. That I like. I also like that Alchemists get Flask of the North for an extra edge in Arena and can transmute an epic gem a day. I think the epic gem recipe setup is very fair. I think Emblems of Conquest replacing anything that dropped Valor or Heroism and Triumph coming from Tier 9 bosses and the daily heroic quest is very sweet. More fire spec Mage mana return and a proper Shaman totem bar system - those changes are very welcome.

From what I saw a ret pally mate do in a heroic today, they aren't nerfed at all. Their DPS is definitely buffed.

Supposedly there are seven other pets that drop from Raptors in various places in vanilla zones.

I also hear that Discipline Priests got heavily nerfed. Any Priest nerf will always get my approval.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-08-05 at 11:43.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 12:48   Link #3795
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did a little exploring last night. They added another map to Icecrown? Must be for some dailies or rep quests I guess. A whole mid-sized island with a fleet around it is kind of impressive. I wonder if they will use this approach in later patches/expansions?
Old 2009-08-05, 14:59   Link #3796
Xacual

So I got most of my required patch day farming done, started my ravasaur line, farmed my jeeves schematic(which amazingly I got in about 40 minutes), cried because the server was so fucked up that our Ulduar10 couldn't run and do the last achievement(Crazy Cat Lady) needed for our Rusted Proto Drakes. And of course because its a new patch I had to for fun try and see if my little patch edit still works which I was quite surprised to see it did since I haven't used it since back during BC.

Spoiler:

Of course thats all the patch really does, make my Blood Elf look like a High Elf and change a couple of the hair colors. That new island is for the sunreaver / silver covenent exalted dailies. There is also a Crusader daily that goes over there.

Old 2009-08-05, 15:49   Link #3797
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

the 2nd boss on ToC is hard as hell, failed it for over an hour and still haven't past it damn bubble
Old 2009-08-05, 15:58   Link #3798
Xacual

The Priest? You have to kill the add she summons not her.

Old 2009-08-05, 17:18   Link #3799
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've never really had a problem with vehicle quests before but that first boss in the heroic 5 man is seriously annoying. I really dislike the jousting.
Old 2009-08-05, 18:18   Link #3800
Clarste
Human

The Jousting is easy. Just mark a target and have everyone charge it at once. Rinse and repeat until all are dead. The annoying part is picking up all three of them immediately afterwards. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but aggro from the jousting phase sticks around which means that all three need to be taunted one at a time.

As for loot, one of the better (best?) tank trinkets in the game comes from normal mode ToC, so all the tanks I know are farming it right now. I think that'll give it some longevity at least.

I've also encountered a bug where the gnome from the first encounter woke up while we were doing trash for the second encounter. Not really a problem, he's pretty weak and can be tanked/killed alongside the trash, except after we killed him he walked over to a horse and started charging us and stunning us (horses stun you when you're unmounted). Even when we killed him he walked back to a horse immediately, since we longer had the wolves available to keep him knocked over. We managed to kill the boss (paladin version) while he kept stunning us, but he still didn't despawn. Well, everyone leaving the instance worked. Luckily we were on normal at the time so it just added an interesting element to an easy fight. I'm wondering how common this bug is though.

Speaking of bugs, the new XT is pretty hilarious. They fixed the bug where robots wouldn't spawn in junk piles near him (which lead to exploits where people would tank him between two of them) but at the same time introduced a bug where about 3-5 times as many robots spawn every heart phase. Which actually makes the fight easier, since the bomb bots just kill everything in a chain reaction when you focus them down. This makes the achievement trivial. Of course if you're doing hard mode anyway you might not even notice.

Edit: Oh, and dps DKs got buffed, I think. It's just that they're designed to DW now, so you need new weapons and to respec, etc. Basically, they're completely different (again) and playing the old style is ineffective.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows