AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 06:25   Link #141
master_buten

i have an iphone 8G, quite old, it's not 3Gs. i have it for like two years now, was planning to trade it for a newer version but my hands are itching to have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 Black Smartphone instead guess i'll have to wait...
master_buten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 21:12   Link #142
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Anyone with a Nokia N73? I loaned one for a few days and it was great. Decent battery life and somewhat sturdy too. The best bit was the camera, hidden behind a sliding plate on the back, and 3.2MP. Not a bad phone.

The one thing I don't like is that d-pad, which is more joystick. It's somewhat easy to make mistakes with and you must sort of develop a callus in your thumb or else it hurts badly.

The other niggle I had was the software, which is S60 3rd edition, like that of the N80. However, it seems that the Music app refuses to properly close, and remains running in the background
Old 2010-04-18, 06:47   Link #143
MkMiku

I have an LG Chocolate 3. Had it for over a year now. I like the 3.5mm headphone jack on the side, so I can use any heaphones I want to listen to my music. I also like the scroll wheel on the front, which works just like the one on the old iPods, so I can navigate through my music, pictures, texts, etc. without ever having to open my phone.

Old 2010-04-18, 07:02   Link #144
Aqua Knight

Iphone 3g and Nokia 5500.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 08:24   Link #145
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Anyone with a Nokia N73? I loaned one for a few days and it was great. Decent battery life and somewhat sturdy too. The best bit was the camera, hidden behind a sliding plate on the back, and 3.2MP. Not a bad phone.

The one thing I don't like is that d-pad, which is more joystick. It's somewhat easy to make mistakes with and you must sort of develop a callus in your thumb or else it hurts badly.

The other niggle I had was the software, which is S60 3rd edition, like that of the N80. However, it seems that the Music app refuses to properly close, and remains running in the background
Then I really suggest you get PowerMP3. Great app, equalizer, everything you need.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 17:51   Link #146
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

N900 and loving it!
Old 2010-04-18, 18:07   Link #147
PickledOnion
keeps on dreaming ★

I lost my uber cute purple and green phone a while ago. I'm using a cheap mobile now that's only good for texting/calling. :]]
PickledOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 19:12   Link #148
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I have the LG Vu and it's not really that good. It's too basic for a touchscreen and has only a couple of features. I'm hoping to get an HTC phone once they come out for AT&T
________
Weed vaporizers

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:07.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 22:55   Link #149
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I don't have one and nor do I have the desire to buy one atm if I ever do its going to be for emergencies only.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 19:53   Link #150
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
Then I really suggest you get PowerMP3. Great app, equalizer, everything you need.
Speaking of, I just got it back ^^

I have this problem though. I took the miniSD card from my old N80 and put it in the N73. Everytime it boots up it attempts to install all the apps on the Memory card installed by the N80, a process which stalls the phone for 2 minutes then fails. Is there a simple fix (NOTE: the N80 had been "Jailbroken", in other words, the Mandatory code signing was removed).
Old 2010-05-24, 07:04   Link #151
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
N900 and loving it!
I just got one today.

Over the moon with it. I'm on a plan with unlimited SMS, Facebook and Youtube coupled with a gig of other internet data. It's pretty much replaced my MP3 player as well with the 32gb internal memory.

I'll lash out for the 16bg Micro SD card after a while.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 11:37   Link #152
LynnieS

My old iPhone 3G's battery is dying, and rather than getting the battery replaced (or upgrading to the 3GS or waiting for the 4G to come out), I went for the HTC Legend instead. Very nice UI with a bright and sharp display, but the tracking sensor seems to be a bit more sensitive than I would like. Its screen-locking scheme is poorer than that of the iPhone's, IMHO. I have to press the power button to pop up the screen saver in order to disable it while the sensor isn't usable for this.

I might want to see if upgrading to the HTC Supersonic later is worth it. Neither that or the Incredible - even though it was supposed to come out in April at the same time as the Legend - was available in HK earlier.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 20:46   Link #153
Alex Keller
Infornographer

Send a message via AIM to Alex Keller
A cricket >.<
Terrible quality, imo.
Alex Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 22:24   Link #154
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Currently using an LG Dare, but I've ordered the new HTC Incredible through Verizon. Should get it by the 10th.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 06:37   Link #155
Icehawk

Picked up a new "Star X10" recently. Its a chinese ripoff of the new Sony Xperia X10 and looks exactly like it on the outside. On the inside though, the technical stats are obviously much less than the real Xperia X10. Regardless, its still quite good considering it only cost 125 bucks (CDN). It's unlocked, has two SIM card slots, can use standard WiFi for internet, has good enough processing power to do the things I want with it, and its thin and light with a good sized touch screen.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 06:54   Link #156
silencer.001
In a mobile suit behind u

Been using the Nokia N97 Mini, and I love the thing

Very nice phone indeed
Old 2010-05-25, 07:41   Link #157
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Hell if I know what model it is, all I know, I've had the same model since 07.

Compared to today's phones, I'm using something extraordinarily crappy.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:09   Link #158
Zeyroth
I am God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon9283 View Post
Just got a Motorola Droid a little over a week ago. It's on Verizon Wireless as you can see. Apparently I need to charge the battery yet again

That's sweet. I would die to get something like that.

I'm currently using a Samsung S8300, or better yet known as the Samsung Ultratouch to some =/
Am wishing for a HTC Legend or a HTC Hero though.
Zeyroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 08:43   Link #159
Valentina_Sk

I' ve got LG Cookie Fresh.
Valentina_Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 10:55   Link #160
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Picked up a new "Star X10" recently. Its a chinese ripoff of the new Sony Xperia X10 and looks exactly like it on the outside. On the inside though, the technical stats are obviously much less than the real Xperia X10. Regardless, its still quite good considering it only cost 125 bucks (CDN). It's unlocked, has two SIM card slots, can use standard WiFi for internet, has good enough processing power to do the things I want with it, and its thin and light with a good sized touch screen.
hmm nice.....where did you buy it? Do you buy it in stores in Canada or in China? coz i very seldom see Chinese mobile phones in stores around town.......I love those phones, they have 2 sim cards slots and wifi, things you have to pay a fortune to get with other manufacturers.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote