Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-14, 09:56   Link #101
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
first its not i'm biggest mashima fan, i will do the same for any other serie which i see "bad complain" you can find others threads i'm doing things like that, it's just which annoying me see which it's looks like "western peoples (at last some peoples) don't understand difference between cultures" what you call "lazy" is "normal' in they country them it's your issue to feel like that.
You have FT avatar and FT signature. You are the only person that I knew from many forums that defending Mashima like he is your god. If this doesn't make you the Mashima's biggest fan, then I don't know what is it.

Also, you should stop shoving me with your "western culture" talk to me. So far, I had been strictly speaking this from the perspective who had been born and raised in the eastern country.

Quote:
About the little" it's because i only see peoples talking about "the first chapter and "too much use of nakama" word not because the nakama power itself" and to be honest this is somethiung which "almost every mangaka in shounen, because this is something really common in that "gender" in japan that is why i really don't mind because after, see it too much with countless anime/mangas/novels it don't botter me anymore cuz this is something which is part of they culture, now if you don't like it them go to japan and force them to stop do that, otherwise it never gonna "disappear" and aways happen.
You are right that every Shounen has "Nakama" trait, and it is not something will be changed for Shounen manga but I am pretty none of them are actually spamming the word as much as Mashima did. It is just the 3rd chapter for a god sake.

Quote:
"about her name" ok, because a "single name" which is not even "the same" (can look very close but still different), while i can give you "that single name" i still fail to see he being "lazy when the others are having different names.
What is the cat name again?

Quote:
Again it's not about being "fan" of A or B is about you know "how things work" in country A and don't try to aways aply your "country B logic cuz this never gonna work, for exemple i'm a bigger "harem isekai hater" but i know which this is something pretty popular in japan and while i hate and try to avoid the big majority of them at last i know which is something which "they like" and i try "to respect it" and try to avoid most of them (at last the ones which i really don't like cuz in some cases i can actually enjoy it), that is the problem with "taste and opnuons' it's important to remember "just because i like or hate it or you like or hate it don't means which everyone must follow it and no matter "how trash" something can be you aways will find someone which gonna like it because that is what means "taste" and eveyrone have they own tastes" and like something which you don't like can't be saw as a "sin".
If this is the case, why are you so adamant to defend the negative opinions from others (such as mine) about Mashima and Eden Zero?

Quote:
IT's not the first time mashima did ( mashima also have others one shots and short runn mangas which basically show how much he use the same style), he even pulled a one shot about a "character which was a mix between wendy and erza, which was one of his previous attempts to publish a new serie, mashima don't only did raven master and fairy tail.
To be frank. I would have preferred him to create the female MC a Wendy+Erza version for Eden Zero than Lucy v2.0. At least he tried something new instead of just copypasting from FT.

Quote:
It's not about being hater or fan is about "common sense" and know which if what he is doing is "normal and common" in the country market, the worst will gonna happen will be i stop to follow/read it as i did with many others series which started to not "appear me anymore" them instead of "keep complain" i just moved on to another serie, because that is what "normally peoples are supposed to do when they don't like something" just ignore it and look for what they want.
There is nothing wrong with people expressing what they dislike about the things that they have read or seen. Not everyone likes to be a silent majority.

Quote:
About brolly the peoples "complain over it" are the same peoples which "hated in in the first place" and get anger for him being turned in canon and again as aways are a "minority".
It doesn't matter whether it is a majority or minority group, the point is people do disagree with the direction that the writer is taking. Very different from you, initially believed that people are a hypocrite for not complaining about other authors.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 11:43   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hate to agree with Blueknight (and in fact, I don't know if I do. I don't have the courage to read his posts.), but I feel that at this point, complaining about Mashima is like complaining about McDonalds. Sure, if you insist, there's a lot to say, but we all know what we're getting when we walk into one.

And frankly, character reuse is one of the least objectionable things he does.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 01:21   Link #103
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think Mashima's greatest weakness right now is his power of resolution. Be it battles or plot threads, he is quick to wrap it up. Technically, it's not a bad thing, especially for the battles, since almost every other mangaka loooooves to draw out a fight as much as possible, but the way it is done leaves scars on the manga, like a bad aftertaste after a pretty decent meal.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 05:48   Link #104
B214

He tends to finish fights in 2 chapters after all.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 13:14   Link #105
MAX_COLA_POWER!

While Sixth and Blueknight were having their good grammar anti Mashima vs. bad grammar pro Mashima war (btw Blueknight, you may wanna change your avatar and sig if you're claiming to be not that big of a fan of Mashima, like Lucy jiggle cleavage gif and swimsuit FT crew, really?)
Spoiler for Ch. 4:
Old 2018-07-17, 02:29   Link #106
charasu
DigiDestinied

lolololol, same setting with siegheart skull in rave

Last edited by charasu; 2018-07-17 at 06:57.
charasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 06:04   Link #107
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

what is this? is this manga got axed already?

please explain the timeskip...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 08:55   Link #108
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Probably a quick flash-forward to the future for some reason, for hints maybe. I think we'll come back to 20,000 years earlier next chapter. At least I hope so.
Old 2018-07-18, 10:01   Link #109
B214

Well the ending was unique i suppose. Not sure how to feel about it yet.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-25, 20:36   Link #110
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Chapter 5 was interesting hmm. Not sure why people are making fun of this. Like, okay disliking similar character designs is reasonable, but I actually don't mind, it's just whatever.

Now looking at the actual plot content, this series seems to already be doing something pretty interesting. People calling it generic are really out of their minds. Yes, Mashima always has overused Nakama stuff, but within all that stuff he often introduces some pretty interesting concepts and characters so I read his stuff anyway. And people should read the beginning of chapter 5, because he seems to be doing something interesting here and I'm already pretty interested in what's happening right now.

I legitimately wonder if Mashima's trying to do something like One Piece in Fairy Tail/Rave Master style.

He's clearly doing something unconventional off the bat.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 01:39   Link #111
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Nice to see we have an oracle to accompany the Spacial Spirit Queen.
Old 2018-07-26, 04:25   Link #112
charasu
DigiDestinied

Great exposition opening
Now with that saying time will hold little meaning, time travel adventure looks like fun in future
Old 2018-07-26, 09:32   Link #113
Kafriel
Senior Guest

With ch.5, the setting is...complete? Alright, so, from the last few chapters, we got:

- FT references, like Jet, Droy and Levi in the guild, directly referencing FT's guild atmosphere, etc. Why keep Nicola as Plue's name tho...
- Classic Mashima designs in weird-ass creatures and loads of fanservice.
- Oda influence because the aged professor is Rayleigh incarnate!?

What actually surprised me the most is not the timeline setting (I've read spirit cycle, after all), but the fact that Mashima opted to use a character to address the readers. Does this hint at the complexity his plot is going to take? Time travel stories are always fickle and fraught with inconsistencies... So, while it worries me a bit, it's also a great move to raise mystery to the limits.

I'm sold. For now.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 09:33   Link #114
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@B214: It's not the end. The manga didn't end with the flash-forward to 20,000 years later.

We're back to where the heroes were before the that, and it turns out that they went back to 50 years in the past. I wonder what's up with young Weisz having stolen money from Zibir or whatever that guy's name is? And how are Shiki and Co. going to return to their own time (how did they get to the past anyway? Wormhole or something?)?

By the way, how many people read the new Fairy Tail sequel manga, The 100 Year Quest (it's written by Hiro but the artist isn't him)? It seems to be interesting.

Edit: One post late.
@Kafriel: I'm not sure if we should believe that the setting is done. I'll wait and see on that (it probably is done, but still).
Old 2018-07-26, 11:00   Link #115
AstroNerdBoy

Apparently, time skips of all kinds (forwards, backwards, sideways, whatever) are going to happen in Eden's Zero.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 01:52   Link #116
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
With ch.5, the setting is...complete? Alright, so, from the last few chapters, we got:

- FT references, like Jet, Droy and Levi in the guild, directly referencing FT's guild atmosphere, etc. Why keep Nicola as Plue's name tho...
- Classic Mashima designs in weird-ass creatures and loads of fanservice.
- Oda influence because the aged professor is Rayleigh incarnate!?

What actually surprised me the most is not the timeline setting (I've read spirit cycle, after all), but the fact that Mashima opted to use a character to address the readers. Does this hint at the complexity his plot is going to take? Time travel stories are always fickle and fraught with inconsistencies... So, while it worries me a bit, it's also a great move to raise mystery to the limits.

I'm sold. For now.
You forgot Natsu and Lucy, they are in the background in one of the panels when Shiki gets his licence.
Old 2018-07-27, 19:56   Link #117
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
By the way, how many people read the new Fairy Tail sequel manga, The 100 Year Quest (it's written by Hiro but the artist isn't him)? It seems to be interesting.
I have. So I guess I wasn't the only one who was bothered by lack of actual Dragon slaying in FT(I don't count Acnologia), but it seems the 100 year quest is going to fix that.

I really hope Mashima doesn't try the gloss over the fact that Levi is pregnant, or the relationship progression of Natsu & Lucy this time.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 23:13   Link #118
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Apparently, time skips of all kinds (forwards, backwards, sideways, whatever) are going to happen in Eden's Zero.
It's called a flash-forward, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
I have. So I guess I wasn't the only one who was bothered by lack of actual Dragon slaying in FT(I don't count Acnologia), but it seems the 100 year quest is going to fix that.
Spoiler for Fairy Tail stuff:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 00:03   Link #119
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
It's called a flash-forward, guys.

Spoiler for Fairy Tail stuff:
Isn't the movie not canon anyway? Also, they opened up a forum to talk about the FT sequel so can we move all topics about to it over there? No matter how many FT cameos there is in this series, it's still a new one. I'm still waiting until the Elsie meeting.
Old 2018-07-28, 01:21   Link #120
CIRQUAN

I read the first chapter when it came out and dropped it. And out of boredom I read all chapters that came out thus far and all I have to say is dafuq?! O_o

The story is confusing and his usage of characters from FT... I don`t know, I got used to FT and now it`s messed up....

set by myself
CIRQUAN is offline   Reply With Quote