AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-30, 23:17   Link #221
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Actually if you check the screen you can see that Kosuke guy there too.
i'm talk about on what moment that mark was put on the girls????, as we see with the glasses when they looked at her neck you can see the "glowing mark on her and canaria also had one but not mc only the 2 girls which not where at the battlefield get that "mark" while others peoples which also where in the same place not "get marked" or something like that, this is what i really don't understand and confusing.

the thing come "after only canaria" cuz she was somehow "marked" like the glasses girl, if the guy also was marked then he could had come after both.
Old 2016-07-31, 00:31   Link #222
dark44

they just killed the only normal pair other is yuri and incest
childhood freind destined to lose or die
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 00:52   Link #223
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I have to admit, but until the end of this episode, I thought this was just another low-quality (particularly animation-wise) light novel anime. Then the end happened.
For the real meaning of LOL (laugh out loud), that might have been the funniest scene in all of 2016. Farewell, random Macross girl. Through your sacrifice, this anime has become a whole new star. I lov... DOKAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 02:28   Link #224
Arya

This episode reminded me of Charlotte. For many reasons. (A charlotte without Nao of course).

Not to be cynical but it's from the previous episode that I was wondering why they put her in the show considering she is kinda useless apart from some bland fanservice and being the emotional baggage of trash-kun. I also thought that killing her would have freed that baggage, and now here we are.

(My) Problem is the show has been uninspiringly predictable at best if you remove canaria from the show, I mean this episode was particularly bad even in comparison to the previous one. On the other hand I think the show will slightly improve if you remove her from the cast. But, who will grant the episode endings from now on then? Just for this reason I don't think she is really dead.

In the end the best way to go now would keep her hidden, but hinted at, until the last couple of episodes while entering finally into the real meat of the story; a plus would be to give more room to the other characters. But I think we will see her quite soon after all.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 02:42   Link #225
EroKing

That looks like blood to me, I doubt Canaria would get a lifeline two episodes in a row. If they do decide to stick with it this show might get a whole lot interesting with a darker theme.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-24 at 03:56.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 02:56   Link #226
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
she is kinda useless
She's the healer. That's pretty far from useless. It's like you never played an rpg.

Quote:
emotional baggage of trash-kun.
More than emotional baggage, she's motivation. She's literally the reason he fights. Which is okay because generally a saving the world plot line is fucking boring unless there are some personal stakes involved.
Old 2016-07-31, 03:04   Link #227
Blueknight78

Quote:
This episode reminded me of Charlotte. For many reasons. (A charlotte without Nao of course).

Not to be cynical but it's from the previous episode that I was wondering why they put her in the show considering she is kinda useless apart from some bland fanservice and being the emotional baggage of trash-kun. I also thought that killing her would have freed that baggage, and now here we are.

(My) Problem is the show has been uninspiringly predictable at best if you remove canaria from the show, I mean this episode was particularly bad even in comparison to the previous one. On the other hand I think the show will slightly improve if you remove her from the cast. But, who will grant the episode endings from now on then? Just for this reason I don't think she is really dead.

In the end the best way to go now would keep her hidden, but hinted at, until the last couple of episodes while entering finally into the real meat of the story; a plus would be to give more room to the other characters. But I think we will see her quite soon after all.
serious the only thing i get from this post is "i hate that character and loved her death and don't want she appear, because most of the things looked very non sense and biased specially the part "calling her useless", looks more like you are watching the "wrong show" for your taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She's the healer. That's pretty far from useless. It's like you never played an rpg.

More than emotional baggage, she's motivation. She's literally the reason he fights. Which is okay because generally a saving the world plot line is fucking boring unless there are some personal stakes involved.
she not only healer but a buffer, her sing heal and increase they defense and power, she is very important character for the battle.
Old 2016-07-31, 03:46   Link #228
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i'm talk about on what moment that mark was put on the girls????, as we see with the glasses when they looked at her neck you can see the "glowing mark on her and canaria also had one but not mc only the 2 girls which not where at the battlefield get that "mark" while others peoples which also where in the same place not "get marked" or something like that, this is what i really don't understand and confusing.

the thing come "after only canaria" cuz she was somehow "marked" like the glasses girl, if the guy also was marked then he could had come after both.
Because Canaria, Aoi and the others like Kosuke venture into the no entry zone, they sneak out into the battlefield using that route. So it's not just Aoi and Canaria, literally all those that help Canaria get to the battlefield should have that mark. That's why that Asanagi guy said "Canaria too". It means there are more than just two of them.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 03:48   Link #229
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I doubt Canaria would get a lifeline two episodes in a row.
Exactly. Why have her recover in the first place just to insta-kill her less than an episode later?
Old 2016-07-31, 04:25   Link #230
AntonKutovoi

Sorry, but I laughed at the ending. Loudly.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 04:30   Link #231
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Exactly. Why have her recover in the first place just to insta-kill her less than an episode later?
Why not? It's not that uncommon.
Old 2016-07-31, 05:33   Link #232
FateAnomaly

Pretty irresponsible for them to neglect telling the soldiers what would happened if they ventured into the no entry zone. There should be a secret behind it.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 06:03   Link #233
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why not? It's not that uncommon.
Because of the aforementioned focus on her in all the PV material and everything else. They've clearly made her one of the main characters of the show. That's not a character you kill off like that and so soon.
Old 2016-07-31, 06:15   Link #234
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 4:
Canaria recovered and supported Ichiya and his comrades to defeat the Leviathan-class... and then she got pounced at the end of this episode! Damn, this is making me depressed now that Canaria has died!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 06:54   Link #235
Arya

Quote:
I mean character wise, of course a healer/buffer is useful, but she has this ability that in-universe has been reduced to just singing, having nothing more attached to it. Add to this that she had to be carried around and the baggage part is even physical other than figurative. Last add her personality to it.

It's kinda she was written to be killed off at a certain point, or better removed from the story. Her main role was to be trash-kun translator toward the outside, but this episode he stepped up due to the recent events involving who, her! is she a buffer/healer? Regardless the usefulness in game, it's hardly something really engaging on screen unless you go the Grimgar route.
From a viewer is far more engaging seeing a party dealing with the absence of a healer than its presence.
That's why I brought up Charlotte, she reminds me of the MC sister.
Having said that, she can easily be back the next episode, this doesn't seem the kind of show that cares much about details.

Quote:
To me is always a matter of writing, good writing can sells me flying elephants, bad writing not even the more basic plot, story, plot device etc. So both way can be boring in the same way, if not even worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
serious the only thing i get from this post is "i hate that character and loved her death and don't want she appear, because most of the things looked very non sense and biased specially the part "calling her useless", looks more like you are watching the "wrong show" for your taste.
No, really, I do not hate her in the slightest. She is too innocuous to get even close to that. It's really a matter of her characterization to me that makes her quite boring and "useless" in the sense that doesn't add up anyhing about her as a character if not linked to his brother.

On the other hand it surely may be the wrong show for me but it has nothing to do with her. In case it's more about his brother and the plot. Now I'm curious to see where they are going with it and if sniper-kun will have more time to shine as he did so far.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 07:20   Link #236
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I mean character wise, of course a healer/buffer is useful, but she has this ability that in-universe has been reduced to just singing, having nothing more attached to it. Add to this that she had to be carried around and the baggage part is even physical other than figurative. Last add her personality to it.

It's kinda she was written to be killed off at a certain point, or better removed from the story. Her main role was to be trash-kun translator toward the outside, but this episode he stepped up due to the recent events involving who, her! is she a buffer/healer? Regardless the usefulness in game, it's hardly something really engaging on screen unless you go the Grimgar route.
From a viewer is far more engaging seeing a party dealing with the absence of a healer than its presence.
That's why I brought up Charlotte, she reminds me of the MC sister.
Having said that, she can easily be back the next episode, this doesn't seem the kind of show that cares much about details.
I'm not sure what sort of "details" you're talking about. Putting that aside, I don't really get your point. Even if Trashy gets character development and stop being so shitty, the fact remains he's fighting more for Canaria than the world, which is fine. It makes things more personal, more relateble. That's why it would be best if she's alive.

If she's dead, what would he fight for? The greater good? That's massively boring imo. Only shows of very high caliber can pull that off without boring the audience to death (think Madoka).
Old 2016-07-31, 08:25   Link #237
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Because of the aforementioned focus on her in all the PV material and everything else. They've clearly made her one of the main characters of the show. That's not a character you kill off like that and so soon.
Again that's just mean you should watch more anime...or fiction in general. I recommend you start with Madoka or Akame.

...oh and Gundam ANY of them.
Old 2016-07-31, 08:38   Link #238
Triok123

considering the bird was sliced, i will bet that whatever got canaria is some emergency protocol they have to save the who entered the non-entry zone.
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 09:08   Link #239
EroKing

Just wait for the next episode guys @_@
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 11:19   Link #240
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Because Canaria, Aoi and the others like Kosuke venture into the no entry zone, they sneak out into the battlefield using that route. So it's not just Aoi and Canaria, literally all those that help Canaria get to the battlefield should have that mark. That's why that Asanagi guy said "Canaria too". It means there are more than just two of them.
yeah but how they get it???? and why????, just by using a non regular route automatically produce that mark??? they need explain that part which really looked weird how things happened.