AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 02:02   Link #361
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Spoiler:
jc staff just don't want to bother with the social issues about girls like Taiga.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:19   Link #362
Joachim
et tu, brute?

maybe its because if haven't read the manga yet, but for me the pacing and the monologue are fine, i even enjoy myself watching this show..

this one is definitely on my watch list
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:23   Link #363
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
It's bugging me to no end. The first female student who spoke on-screen while everyone was looking at what class they were in. The one with black hair. Just before everyone cleared an area for Ryuuji. Who's voice is that?
I believe that's Ai Nonaka. She's done roles such as Shima from Stellvia, Konaka from Negima, Mikan from Manabi Straight, and Fuura from Zetsubo-sensei. Rather distinctive voice, just like Rie Kugimiya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I find that Asaka Taiga is like a tsundere with all the tsun tsun but next to no dere dere. It makes it kind of unfun to watch.
I have to say (at least in the manga and novels) Taiga has the most deredere moments of any tsundere character I've seen. They've already skipped like 2 deredere moments with her in the first episode alone though, so we'll see what JC Staff continues to cut out as far as character development goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
jc staff just don't want to bother with the social issues about girls like Taiga.
That's basically the show, though...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:38   Link #364
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm quite pleased. This first episode was a great transition from the manga, and the quality is great. I hope this keeps up.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 02:40   Link #365
NeoSam

I updated the first post of this thread with the 8th light novel volume.

Volume 9 of the shounen light novel series Toradora! will be released on October 10th, 2008. I'll add its cover when its available.
Old 2008-10-03, 02:44   Link #366
NightFoxXIII

Well so far it will seem ok, but other than the usual complaint of some stuff missing in an adaptation, there's nothing else that could really be pointed out (seems pointless now to say which parts they forgot and whatnot since they're gonna do it anyways)

But when I heard that Rie Kugimiya was gonna voice this I was at first discouraged now that all loli-tsundere type girls would be voiced by her. Although instead of that usual style of most of her previous roles, she tried to fit the role by having her deep and menacing tone. So far that's actually been ok, since the only time you do hear her 'Louise' voice is when she's upset or such, but you can't really help that can you? ^^''

So far the anime has been generally ok with no major complaints, but I wonder how this'll actually all work out at the end?
NightFoxXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:42   Link #367
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hmmm... the humor didn't get to me with this one except the palmtop tiger thing (the scene accompanying the analogy was so cute and funny)
Old 2008-10-03, 04:33   Link #368
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Although I found the beginning inner monologue really awkward, this looks like it'll be a fun little series; some scenes got a huge laugh out of me (Inpo, anyone?). I don't really have any complaints with the voice acting so far, heck, I thought Kugimiya's "Kagura" voice was super cute.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 04:37   Link #369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Hmmm... the humor didn't get to me with this one except the palmtop tiger thing (the scene accompanying the analogy was so cute and funny)
The humor hit all the right buttons with me. It wasn't always laugh out loud jokes, though a lot of them got a remark out of me.

I really just love the chemistry between the two that was displayed in this episode. Along with the lovely animation that portrays this.
Old 2008-10-03, 04:39   Link #370
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
After watching the subs, I like this anime even more. The little plot it has seems very interesting. I'll definitely watch it to the end =).

Last edited by Mega-Japan; 2008-10-05 at 00:21.
Mega-Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 05:14   Link #371
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

impressive first episode++ hopefully jc can keep up the quality. anyone know how many eps this is set for?
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 06:01   Link #372
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

That was mildly amusing. I'm not going to make any predictions at this stage, but I can't see any obvious reason why this can't be an enjoyable series.

I got a lot of "vibes" from this episode. I got a Clannad vibe from the misunderstood delinquent with father issues. I got a Zero no Tsukaima vibe from the angry Kugimiya voiced shorty. I got a Nodame Cantabile vibe from the compulsive clean-up-room scene. Talking bird? BECK. Rooms opposite each other in adjacent buildings? Lamune. None of these are bad things.

It's obvious Kugimiya was typecast in this role, but at least she didn't use her "standard" tsundere-loli voice. I'll give her kudos for that, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Director Nagai Tatsuyuki did Honey & Clover 2 and Idolmaster Xenoglossia.
Well, Honey and Clover II is one of the best anime of the decade and Idolm@ster Xenoglossia wasn't too bad either, so they've got a proven dude in charge. That's good.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:28   Link #373
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 1

That was mildly amusing. I'm not going to make any predictions at this stage, but I can't see any obvious reason why this can't be an enjoyable series.

I got a lot of "vibes" from this episode. I got a Clannad vibe from the misunderstood delinquent with father issues. I got a Zero no Tsukaima vibe from the angry Kugimiya voiced shorty. I got a Nodame Cantabile vibe from the compulsive clean-up-room scene. Talking bird? BECK. Rooms opposite each other in adjacent buildings? Lamune. None of these are bad things.
And the guy looks like the lead from They Are My Noble Masters. Lots of weird copies..

Quote:
It's obvious Kugimiya was typecast in this role, but at least she didn't use her "standard" tsundere-loli voice. I'll give her kudos for that, at least.
I don't know... She sounded pretty standard to me. She had the Louise voice creep in on her. She can't suppress it!

Quote:
Well, Honey and Clover II is one of the best anime of the decade and Idolm@ster Xenoglossia wasn't too bad either, so they've got a proven dude in charge. That's good.
Eh, not sure I agree with H&C2, but Xenoglossia was an achievement in the way that the source material is NOTHING like the anime, and for a story out of thin air, they did a pretty decent job of it.

I'm just scared it's JC Staff. I trust in Gonzo more than I trust JC Staff nowadays... yeesh.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:04   Link #374
kyouray
2D > 3D

Taiga pics go !
Old 2008-10-03, 08:14   Link #375
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I'm just scared it's JC Staff. I trust in Gonzo more than I trust JC Staff nowadays... yeesh.
What was the last really great J.C.Staff anime? Nodame Cantabile? It's almost been two years since that started airing. What have they done since then? Two series of Zero no Tsukaima and the Shakugan no Shana sequel... Yeah, I think I can see what you're saying. They make gems every now and then, but they make some really mediocre stuff in between.

Edit: Forgot about Kimikiss. That was good. And Shigofumi. That wasn't so good...
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:14   Link #376
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

No wai... is Shana officially smaller than even Taiga?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 08:21   Link #377
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
What was the last really great J.C.Staff anime? Nodame Cantabile? It's almost been two years since that started airing. What have they done since then? Two series of Zero no Tsukaima and the Shakugan no Shana sequel... Yeah, I think I can see what you're saying. They make gems every now and then, but they make some really mediocre stuff in between.

Edit: Forgot about Kimikiss. That was good. And Shigofumi. That wasn't so good...
I thought Kimikiss was good, but in that it's watchable. You can't get the True Tears or Clannad or ef buzz out of it even you threatened its life.

Shigofumi, I thought was borderline great except with weird, weird filler material, deviations from novels and the way JC Staff doesn't know how to properly finish a story without rushing it.

And oh yeah, they TOTALLY butchered Slayers Revolution as far as I'm concerned. Now people think Slayers is totally generic. It's an insult to the first three Slayers seasons...
Old 2008-10-03, 08:33   Link #378
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Shigofumi, I thought was borderline great except with weird, weird filler material, deviations from novels and the way JC Staff doesn't know how to properly finish a story without rushing it.
For Shigofumi, it was supposed to be different then the novels. As even though the first novel came out before the anime. The anime was planned out first.
Old 2008-10-03, 08:34   Link #379
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think Slayers is a similar situation where they were making the novel/manga as it was starting. Just bad, bad decision on when exactly to make a series IMO.
Old 2008-10-03, 08:39   Link #380
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
will there be enought material to make a satisfying serie out of this?
sidenote is it the same voice actor that did louise / shana who is voicing the female lead? god i cant stand her anymore i immediatly turned off the audio when i hear her voice and felt an urge to club baby seal and to punch cute animals in the throat.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen