AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 14:19   Link #1
ryno2410

[Manga] Jiraiya question

Anybody think that Jiraiya's ability to gain information on Orochimaru has to do with Kabuto?? How else would he be getting this information about Orochimaru needing 3 years to get out of his new body. It seems to me that Kabuto is part of his "information network."
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:25   Link #2

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
Anybody think that Jiraiya's ability to gain information on Orochimaru has to do with Kabuto?? How else would he be getting this information about Orochimaru needing 3 years to get out of his new body. It seems to me that Kabuto is part of his "information network."
It's plausible, but do you think that Orochimaru would really fall for that? He is an ultimate evil, I highly doubt that he could be tricked by some smart med-nin. No, I think it's more plausible that he has another source spying, or he is spying. It just seems to be the most logical answer, but I just don't think that it's happening. You saw what happened to Kimimaro, what he did Oro. It's looks like Kabuto would go that same way if he had to.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:37   Link #3
Anthriel
天使

Jirayia not only knows of Orochimaru's secrets, but also of the Akatsuki's secrets. Right now, that seems ... extremely dumb. I wonder if we'll ever get an explanation for that. Right now, no character even wondered why the hell he knows of the secret plans of super secret organisations.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:38   Link #4
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
if kabuto was working for jiraiya, then few things wouldn't happen:

kabuto wouldn't attemp to kill naruto when they met, and he wouldn't try to kill tsnuade!

soo i think kabuto is not jiraya's spy
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:48   Link #5
ryno2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
if kabuto was working for jiraiya, then few things wouldn't happen:

kabuto wouldn't attemp to kill naruto when they met, and he wouldn't try to kill tsnuade!

soo i think kabuto is not jiraya's spy

That's true. At the same time, however, if he didn't go all out on them, it would have given him away. I just have to think before Tsunade made her decision how they were making it seem that Kabuto might turn his back on Orochimaru. I bet there's some truth to that.

If not, maybe he just has tadpoles swimming around these areas to get his information
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 15:46   Link #6
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Jirayia not only knows of Orochimaru's secrets, but also of the Akatsuki's secrets. Right now, that seems ... extremely dumb. I wonder if we'll ever get an explanation for that. Right now, no character even wondered why the hell he knows of the secret plans of super secret organisations.
I guess he were only gathering information about Oro and bumped into Akatsuki aswell, since Orochimaru were a part of that organisation.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 16:32   Link #7
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
I guess he were only gathering information about Oro and bumped into Akatsuki aswell, since Orochimaru were a part of that organisation.
It's one thing to know of the existance of a secret organisation, it is another thing to know their plans. I doubt they share them on ebay. There is only one way for Jirayia to know of them, and that would be a traitor in the organisation.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 17:41   Link #8
Reticent

I'm sure as ninja the groups in the Naruto world spy on each other with varying degrees of success all the time. It is unsurprising that a character at Jirayia's level is privy to hard to obtain information.
Reticent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:28   Link #9
naantje
Annoyance :)

hey wow another random speculation thread, its possible its possible but its also possible thats its not
Old 2004-12-13, 19:41   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

Don't forget, Jiraiya specializes in observation... Even when he first became a Genin he prided himself on his peeping jutsu. I'm sure he's developed on that quite a bit since then. What do you think he's doing during his long absences?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:50   Link #11
Shrimpusmaximus

I agree with Zek on this one. His peeping abilities could be invisibility or the like, or it could be some sort of remote viewing like the Hokage and his crystal ball, actually come to think of it what did sarutobi use that ball for when he wasn't on camera. Anyhoo, if Jiraya can do anything like that than that could explain it or, possibly kabuto is under the influence of some technique. Maybe sort of like a invisible rider, that feeds info to jiraya, sort of like the serg queen thing from starcraft. THe list goes on.
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 20:08   Link #12
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Jiraiya could also be using a summon to help him spy on the Akatsuki and Oro. Or he could have a spy in the Sound Village helping him out.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 21:39   Link #13
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
no.

His info gathering started back in the days when he was peeping on the females. Of course by now he'd be a pro at in.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 22:19   Link #14
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

didn't Jiraiya say he was spying on Orochimaru after he left the village for awhile?
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:37   Link #15
strategos

There are many theories
There might be the possibility of Kabuto, since everyone knows that he is going to betray Orochimaru. In my personal opinion I think it was Kabuto who infected Kimimaru with that virus but Orochimaru saw that Kimimaru got sick and you know the rest. Right now Oro has a new body and probably in my own opinion, it has also a virus. Only this time Oro didnt find out.

other theory might be that Jiraiya uses some kind of technique of inviibility and sneak on Oro.

There could be some traitor or some sort of spy.

Maybe he was the one who created the crystalball that the third was using.

finally; maybe he uses a frog to spy on Oro and Akatsuki, just like te bug boy did with Sasuke so he could Follow sasuke when Sasuke was after Gaara.
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 01:05   Link #16
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

One of a Ninja's specialities is espionage. Jiraiya said himself that he has been monitering Orochimaru aswell as Akatsuki. He has been using peeping jutsu since he was a kid and was even an expert then(as far as not getting caught by the ladies). He must have a sophisticated spy network that may consist of animals such as toads, hidden cameras, crystal balls and even bug equipment. I doubt he does the peeping in person, in which case he could just confront Orochimaru if he wanted to. He may have his own spy organization of renegade ninjas or ex-ANBU or he may go solo and setup his spy network by unconventional means. Whatever he's doing he's good at it.
Old 2004-12-14, 03:50   Link #17
M.G.

So if he is able to spy on oro, he must know where he is. SO why not do the world a favour by gathering up a bunch of strong nins and killing him? It would save everybody a lot of trouble.
M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 06:03   Link #18
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.G.
So if he is able to spy on oro, he must know where he is. SO why not do the world a favour by gathering up a bunch of strong nins and killing him? It would save everybody a lot of trouble.
If it was so easy to kill oro by gathering a lot of strong nins, he would be long dead already.......
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 06:13   Link #19
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:

actually even if he knew where orochi was he probably wont go and try to kill him
i mean seriously do you think it would be that easy? orochi probably has tons of protections and trap not to mention orochi himself being a super ninja whose lvl can only be matched by very few. chances are jiraiya would lose most of the strong ninjas and even die or get seriously injured himself
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 06:29   Link #20
Satoru

Quote:
According to the legend, the frog can't beat the snake.
And their relationship is kinda special...Oro didn't kill Jiraiya when he had the chance.