Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-11, 18:59   Link #81
Yujinbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher
I havent seen cool fights in a while
Well, I meant the ones that are coming up. But cool in the way that fights are now. Not cool in the really clever way that Sasuke and Naruto's shadow shuriken technique was.

But yeah.. I hope without spoiling too much I can say that in my opinion, with the exception of what happens with Sasuke, this entire arc is pretty pointless.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 19:57   Link #82
ssjian1

Quote:
I'm sorry, who is Chouji? Leader of the team? Shika decides, not anyone else So it was Shika's decision after all.
Shika respected his friend's decision; hence, he left. If he had decided that it was not a good idea, he would have stayed and told Choji otherwise.

Quote:
Are you serious? And how are you gonna retrieve Sasuke from them? Ask them nicely? ))))))
Quote:
Of course it is possible It is possible that they may fall from the trees while running and break their necks So Shika's team wont even have to fight )
You have just contradicted your own argument. Thanks for wasting our time.

Quote:
Yeah, 1-1 fights is the stealthiest way to complete the mission as we know
Is it too much to ask to simply relax and enjoy the show?
ssjian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 22:08   Link #83
Sienged Leaf

ANy one else notice that Jiroubou (chubby sound guy) was bleeding from his thick rope when choji cut him? maybe its just me or maybbbeeee....... Its aLIVE!!!!
but its probly just me and choji cut all the way through it.
Sienged Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 22:51   Link #84
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombermanofdeath
I'm pretty sure the point of that bell test was to do whatever was neccesary to keep your team alive, even if it meant failing the mission. Sakura fed Naruto even though it meant failing.

I thought this was an ok episode. Shika must have a lot of faith in Choji's abilities to just leave him there and as many have already said, the next episode surely will be a tragic one.

That was a differet test that followed the bell test.

And it was the same principle, Whatever it takes to complete the mission.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 00:32   Link #85
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't really see why it's so hard to understand Shika's choice.
They can't all leave because they would get killed from behind by Jiroubou.
They can't all fight him because even if they're able to beat him it will take too much time and they will lose Sasuke.
His first choice wasn't Chouji alone but he was obviously heavily decided to fight and in the end Shika does trust him.
So that's it, what's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcatcher
So, i still think that attacking alltogether is the best way to go. Especially with Naruto and Neiji. Look, i can even give you fighting strategy for free - 100 Naruto clones are holding the fatass while Neiji is sealing his chakra
Except that :
-the Sound nin with Sasuke continue to flee during the combat and pass the border of the country : complete failure.
-The clone poof against any hit, Jiroubou just has to use whatever huge Doton jutsu to destroy huge bunch of them easily while Neji would have some difficulties to hit Jiroubou if there are a hundred clones between him and the target anyway.

Quote:
And again, if they cant defeat him even with all of them fighting together, then they simply have to retreat - this is not suicide mission after all. I dont remember Tsunade saying "bring Sasuke no matter what, even if you all die in the process".
Hey guys! We came back already! Yeah the first opponent seemed somewhat strong so we get scared and we all fled like hell dropping the mission.
I mean we're in the ninja business because girls get crazy when you say that you're a shinobi, not to take the risk to be wounded... that would be totally uncool.
Anyways you have another mission for me? Something like saving a beautiful, very rich and single princess from some weakling because I didn't really like this one.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 20:45   Link #86
kheldorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
That was a differet test that followed the bell test.

And it was the same principle, Whatever it takes to complete the mission.
After the Shikamaru battle in the Chunnin exam, they state that the qualities of a chunnin is to be able to prioritise the safety of the platoon over the completion of a mission. "I completed the mission but got all my platoon killed doesn't work" or something like that. A Chunnin needs to weigh the risks.

Anyway I interpreted the bell test differently, the purpose of the 2 bells is to sort of force people to work alone when clearly it cannot be done alone. If there are 3 bells, obviously they would work together but since there are 2, they prefer to work alone as none of them wants to be the one left out. The purpose of the bell test is to ensure that they would work together even though one of them maybe left out in the end. It doesnt mean a sacrifice. A sacrifice is obviously too high a cost to pay over the completion of the mission. Thats why they passed the next test when they fed Naruto. They chose not to 'sacrifice' Naruto.

I think that the reason Chouji was left behind was that Shikamaru was very confident of Chouji's success. He didn't intentionally 'sacrifice' him. He had to weigh the risks vs the benefits. Whether the decision was good is clearly subjective, its not clear-cut. In real-life , people judge decisions by its results. They don't really care about the processes behind it. So I guess we shall see.

When I first saw the episode, it looked like a good decision plus they explained it pretty well and so as long as its not an obviously stupid decision, it's fine by me.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 09:30   Link #87
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
But yeah.. I hope without spoiling too much I can say that in my opinion, with the exception of what happens with Sasuke, this entire arc is pretty pointless.
Hehe, not to start an argument, but I found this really funny. fixed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
But yeah.. I hope without spoiling too much I can say that in my opinion, with the exception of the point of this arc, this entire arc is pretty pointless.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 13:52   Link #88
dukenukem
bleach fan

I'm looking forward to seeing chouji kick some more butt,i liked this epiosde because of chouji,way to go buddy.
dukenukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:42   Link #89
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I don't really see why it's so hard to understand Shika's choice.
They can't all leave because they would get killed from behind by Jiroubou.
They can't all fight him because even if they're able to beat him it will take too much time and they will lose Sasuke.
That's exactly the thing that seems somewhat stupid to me. Ninja Battles were supposes to be quick, I don't see why a 5 on 1 battle should last longer than all of their talking. Just Kage Mane no Jutsu on Jiroubou while Kiba, Chouji and Naruto distract him, and then Hakke for the kill.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 15:10   Link #90
Yujinbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
Hehe, not to start an argument, but I found this really funny. fixed:
Heh. Why was that so bad? It wasn't a spoiler. Currently in the anime, Sasuke's in a barrel on his way to Orochimaru after having eaten a pill that is going to bring his Cursed Seal to lvl 2. That alone justifies the statement 'What happens with Sasuke'.

EDIT: Thing about 'spoiler below' removed because, well, the mods removed the "spoiler".

Last edited by Yujinbito; 2004-12-14 at 03:22.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 16:20   Link #91
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
That's exactly the thing that seems somewhat stupid to me. Ninja Battles were supposes to be quick, I don't see why a 5 on 1 battle should last longer than all of their talking. Just Kage Mane no Jutsu on Jiroubou while Kiba, Chouji and Naruto distract him, and then Hakke for the kill.
Well, may seem simple, but you can't ever be sure can you? remember Jiroubou's only task is t delay them, sure he can beat them outright (or so he thinks) but, he really doesn't have to, as long as he can distract them long enough for Sasuke to reach the border he's accomplished his mission. That being said, if Jiroubou realized he was a disadvantage, he would prolongue the fight as much as possible. Shikamaru can't take the risk of getting entangled in a fight he 'thought' would only take a second. On the other hand, his objective is to catch up to Sasuke, so he chooses to keep going, but he knows that leaving Jiroubou at their back is too dangerous, which is why he chooses to stay behind with Naruto, however when Chouji voluteers to stay behind, he allows it because he trusts in Chouji's ability to take on Jiroubou. Granted he still doesn't know about the lvl 2 curse seal and was at least somewhat certainChouji would be able to take on Jiroubou without having to pop his pills.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 22:07   Link #92
Captain_Dope

Still no episode from ANBU
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 22:30   Link #93
Zek
Eyebrows...

Shikamaru's decision was a sound one considering what he knew about Jiroubou. He didn't know about the cursed seal at all, and even the first pill was enough for Chouji to win the fight normally. If Shikamaru had thought that Chouji could possibly be forced to use the third pill he wouldn't have left him behind.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 00:10   Link #94
Rellek

Location: San Diego, California and its bloody expensive here. -.-
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
Actually, just as you posted that, it came out! XD

Thats murphys law for ya.
Rellek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:53   Link #95
Bill_gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
DB did a good job with this episode. IF your gonna still download the ANBU episode anyway at least don't be a baby about it
Bill_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:00   Link #96
Steffa
Ninja Guru

well i just hope this freaking fights don't last ages like in DBZ i would get so pissed off...i mean seriously why can't they just show a full-on fight where the characters keep fighting and fighting? and i always asked myself how come the good characters can always find the strength to fight while the bad ones always end up beaten up and they showed no strength? it's like they are not motivated while if they are on the bad side they are motivated like the good ones and should be able to pull out as much strength as the good ones....i hate this shitty balance between good and evil...i want bad guys to be emotional too....for example gaaravslee fight was awesome at least some bad guy won....but this series of fight it's all about how good we are....
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:52   Link #97
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

"shows yer bum"
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 09:09   Link #98
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
aha chouji getting the spotlight he's never had before, be kinda interesting how the fight between the two tubbies goes
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 00:45   Link #99
brassmonkey

oops. so sorry for this late comment for #113

sorry, i'm a little late in posting this comment about #113

remember one part shikamaru was about to use the shadow bind skill to bind that big brute from behind, he smashes the ground and disappeared in a cloud of smoke..

i'm surprised that neji didn't see him from behind, since his byakugan was activated at that time to see through the cloud of dust. instead kiba sniffed the enemy out

i'd thought the byakugan enables the user to see almost 360 all around him at once, and isn't limited by the line of sight unlike normal people.

so sorry abt the late posting

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-20 at 01:12. Reason: Threads merged! I don't care how excrementally late it is, put it in the proper thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote