Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-17, 13:38   Link #121
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
The pills are different than all of those other powerfups due to the major fact that you will DIE. It's not like he can use the red pills all the time. Why is it so cheap if you know you will sacrifice your life in order to do so?
The first two pills didn't have any side effects worth mentioning. The last one may cost your life, but it's broken anyway.
Say, Konohamaru found an uber pill in some forest. He challenges all of Akatsuki + the Sannin + all the Kages, present and past + all the major characters. Of course, everyone knows he is weaker, but alas, as he is such a great ninja, he pops the uber pill, dying in the process, but killing all his opponents. He clearly proved he is the better ninja and deserved to win ... right?
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 14:17   Link #122
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Say, Konohamaru found an uber pill in some forest. He challenges all of Akatsuki + the Sannin + all the Kages, present and past + all the major characters.

Hello?
Not just anybody can employ these pills.
Its just not that easy. Read the thread a little bit.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 14:59   Link #123
Dreamhacker

Those pills wasn't that lame...He suffered pretty much, even the first was more painful than he thought it would be. And that the clan is that fat, so u can say that's their strength...Without it they wouldn't be able to use that pill...Like it's not lame to open gates, cause there is some training needed...

But, the episode was really nice, with all those flashbacks...I'm not that kind of guy that cries that much, unlike many of the other ppl here, but this was a episode that I could have cried of...

And of course, that last pill was AWESOME...It just r0xx0rz....Now Choji is sharing the #1 place in My Favorite Naruto Characters with Shikamaru....And I don't think he is dead, but survives somehow...
Dreamhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 15:23   Link #124
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar

Hello?
Not just anybody can employ these pills.
Its just not that easy. Read the thread a little bit.
You know the "training scenes" in the anime were filler, so there is no proof whatsoever Chouji trained before using the pills? You most likely wouldn't be suprised by a pills effect if you used it before.
Right, if you need to train somehow to take a pill (if you are untrained you are probably not able to ... er ... chew it, cause ... well ... er ... it is to hard to chew if ... er ... your teeth are not hardend by being used to chew on these pills ... or some other equally logic thing), I'll have to change my example a little bit.
So, Konohamaru did not find the pill in some forest, instead, it was passed down for years as the legendary pill. He did train to use it by ... well whatever. And no one else can use it, cause no one else has this stupid hat.
Right. He still beats all of Akatsuki and the Sannin by sacrificing his own life and thus shows he is definately a greater ninja than Jirayia and Itachi combined.

Sacrificing your own health or life should boost you, but not too much. Few thought the Gates were cheesy, cause everyone who used them has always paid a price for it and even then, Rock Lee was not able to beat someone way stronger than him. However, Chouji did. Now, I know it was just some useless side character who was beaten that way, but I bet, if it would have been Naruto who lost to the cheesyness of the pills, everyone would call it lame.
Old 2004-12-17, 15:45   Link #125
coash

maybe you've been popping pills yourself gwailo wannabe
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 15:52   Link #126
becomingfoolish

Hm.m...i wonder what Ino will be calling Chouji now when she sees him as skinny as he is
becomingfoolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 16:36   Link #127
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

the pills were lame, but this was a fight between two side characters so I don't mind
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 17:36   Link #128
hyuugafan4

is it just me or does the skinny chouji look like goku and was about to go ssj
hyuugafan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 17:44   Link #129
Dargon

Why does it matter? Cursed seal is cheating as well so they both cheated, jus one was a better cheater than the other.
Dargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 18:02   Link #130
MooPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by becomingfoolish
Hm.m...i wonder what Ino will be calling Chouji now when she sees him as skinny as he is
Ino:

Ino: ...Hey good lookin'.

She'd be calling him something like that, I'd imagine.
MooPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 18:21   Link #131
Robocop
Cepheus

Wow! You ppl are taking this too seriously.

Choji* Took some pills which made him uber strong, thus beating the lamest one of the sound 4. That's it, big deal.

What is all the fuss about? Both of them are just side characters anyway, the only good thing about this battle is that they're both out of the way now.
Robocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 18:30   Link #132
MooMooFarm

It's nice how so much people talk like the characters aren't even worth their time. I bet they can do the same thing and still live cause their obviously better then a fat kid in every way.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 18:34   Link #133
vmt1016

Anyone know the name of the song at the end of the episode (not the ending, the one before that)?
vmt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 20:00   Link #134
ssjian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmt1016
Anyone know the name of the song at the end of the episode (not the ending, the one before that)?
I know of the song playing when Choji delivers the finishing blow. That would be "Strong and Strike", and I believe it can be found on the Naruto OST.

If you mean the song playing during Choji's flashback's, I am not sure. I would also like to know the name of this song.

ssjian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 01:30   Link #135
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
The last fight in this arc is the lamest of all
yes it is... but i have to admit even though i say its lame. it looks pretty cool.
cuz im shallow like that.
who else agrees?
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 07:55   Link #136
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
I think this curse seal level 2 isn't so powerful after all...
The Sound 4 had to use it against 2 tired jounins... The big guy used it against Chouji, but he lost anyway against a mere genin, even if Chouji was overpowered by those three pills. If this is the trend and if Sasuke and Naruto will fight again in the future Sasuke level 2 will be no match for Naruto-Kyuubi. The only thing who could let Sasuke win in this theoretical match is the Naruto's not-killing will.
those guys didnt use lvl 2 against the Jounins, it was only lvl 1 transformation against them. and the only reason choji won, was because that was like a once in a life technique. ( Like the Third Hokage last technique, or Opening the gates in body which Lee san did) . these kind of techniques are special and take ur life with them. and i belive that kind of Pill can only b used by the chojies clan any ways.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:12   Link #137
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime123
those guys didnt use lvl 2 against the Jounins, it was only lvl 1 transformation against them.
Didn't they use the curse seal level 2 you say?... ok look here:

It's a screenshot (ANBU-AONE fansub) after the Sound 4 fought against the 2 Konoha Jounins.
The girl clearly says they had to use the Stage Two to fight against the two Jounins... and Stage Two is curse seal level 2.

Quote:

and the only reason choji won, was because that was like a once in a life technique. ( Like the Third Hokage last technique, or Opening the gates in body which Lee san did) . these kind of techniques are special and take ur life with them. and i belive that kind of Pill can only b used by the chojies clan any ways
Well it isn't true: when Lee opened his gates he lost against Gaara anyway and the Third Hokage was forced to use the Death God techinque, because he was too old to fight against Orochimaru equally. I think that he was younger he could crash Orochimaru with some efforts...
What I want to say is that Chouji used a one in a life techinque, it's true, but this
doesn't change the fact that he won against the fat guy.
And the Sound 4 combined all together at level 2 weren't able to kill two tired Jounins. It's a shame... they're only able to show off, but they're rather week in the battlefield.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:17   Link #138
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Whether the pills were cheap or not doesn't matter, I think the important message here is that a good ninja would be willing to do anything to protect his friends and village, even if it means giving up his life. In the opening, an arm picks up the Leaf's headband and drops it. Both Sasuke and Chouji have done this, but there's a big contrast behind why they do so. Now I'm wondering if the arm in the OP is Sasuke's, Chouji's, or . . . ?

This was a great episode. It proved that why Naruto than DBZ because characters evolve. The DBZ equivalent of Chouji is Yajirobe, whose personality has always saved the same, minus cutting Vegeta's tail off. But Chouji turned out to be a much deeper character underneath in the end, and has changed a lot since his debut. Naruto continues to prove that it's better than One Piece too because it's not afraid to sacrifice main characters for the development of the story. I guess you could say that One Piece doesn't have as many main characters, but man, even the sub characters almost never die even after being slashed, stabbed, drowned, blown out of a cannon . .
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 10:46   Link #139
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
Naruto continues to prove that it's better than One Piece too because it's not afraid to sacrifice main characters for the development of the story. I guess you could say that One Piece doesn't have as many main characters, but man, even the sub characters almost never die even after being slashed, stabbed, drowned, blown out of a cannon . .
Chouji is definately not a main character. If he were, just about every character could be considered a main character. Besides, you don't know yet if Chouji died or not. Sometimes characters in Naruto die when they get a death scene (Sandaime), sometimes they do not (Sasuke). The Manga Readers debated alot about that and it took months till we finally knew.
Old 2004-12-18, 11:08   Link #140
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
In my opinion that was one of the best recent episodes. We learn a lot more about Chouji and the way he sacrificed his own life for his friends was very heroic
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote