AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2021-12-11, 19:39   Link #361
B214

With this, I hope the new story solves the issue on how Ise and his peerage are considered a part of Rias as the child generation.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-11, 20:04   Link #362
Immortal Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
With this, I hope the new story solves the issue on how Ise and his peerage are considered a part of Rias as the child generation.
What issue? It was already explained. It's basically like a chain of command with Rias at the top.
Immortal Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-11, 20:32   Link #363
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Emperor View Post
What issue? It was already explained. It's basically like a chain of command with Rias at the top.
You probably didn't join yet or miss out on the discussion people did earlier in the forum. There was this huge discussion on Ise being "independent" so he's no longer under Rias etc and Ise's peerage is unrelated to Rias.
Old 2021-12-11, 21:40   Link #364
Immortal Emperor

Quote:
You probably didn't join yet or miss out on the discussion people did earlier in the forum. There was this huge discussion on Ise being "independent" so he's no longer under Rias etc and Ise's peerage is unrelated to Rias.
It was already stated in the story that it's all under Rias peerage in chain of command. Issei will have more freedom as being independent outside rating games.
Old 2021-12-12, 00:17   Link #365
B214

Quote:
It was already stated in the story that it's all under Rias peerage in chain of command. Issei will have more freedom as being independent outside rating games.
Yeah, i was just referring to how people keep on saying Ise doesn't need to obey or follow Rias anymore outside of RG because he's independent or because he's Special-class Devil. This short story proved otherwise cause the Gremory family also can still order Ise and his peerage. Hopefully this clears up any of those outside of RG argument.

Quote:
Underworld, in the Gremory House——in other words, Rias' parents' home. We were ordained "to reunite all members of the Gremory Peerage," by the wife of the current family head.

The wife of the current family head. In other words, it was an order from Rias' okaa-san.

It was not every day you got an order from the Gremory family. Although I visited Rias' home unexpectedly many times privately, we were urgently ordered to go there this time.

Moreover, since it was said "to reunite all members of the Gremory Peerage," let alone Rias' peerage, of course, even I, Hyoudou Issei and my peerage were included. And since it was an order from the family head, we had to absolutely go there.

Xenovia was counted as the grandchild-generation of Rias' peerage (She became a High-Class Devil and acquired the "Evil Pieces"). However, it's been just a short time since her peerage was formed. Also, her peerage has some special circumstances, so it was decided that it would be okay for Xenovia, the "King", to go alone.
Old 2021-12-12, 02:53   Link #366
saucerKing

Quote:
Yeah, i was just referring to how people keep on saying Ise doesn't need to obey or follow Rias anymore outside of RG because he's independent or because he's Special-class Devil. This short story proved otherwise cause the Gremory family also can still order Ise and his peerage. Hopefully this clears up any of those outside of RG argument.
i feel that is not because issei has to due to status or a rule, but because issei himself lacks the spine to say no. its like when you are an adult and your mother says "come visit me" and you do, you are not forced to but you feel you are because its your mother
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 04:28   Link #367
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
i feel that is not because issei has to due to status or a rule, but because issei himself lacks the spine to say no. its like when you are an adult and your mother says "come visit me" and you do, you are not forced to but you feel you are because its your mother
The master doesn't change just because you're independent, this is setup early in the story. Why is that so hard to accept that even independent Ise is still under Rias? Even Gasper and Xenovia is still under Rias. People use Tannin as an example to say Devil doesn't need to obey the King anymore after independent but then they don't point out that Mephisto doesn't participate himself in the Underworld issue anymore and just gave the Queen Piece to Tannin to help him.

Quote:
“Mephisto Pheles-sama is one of the oldest among the Devils, and he spends most of his time in the human world. Also, he happens to be Tannin-sama’s King.”

—! I got shocked upon hearing Rias’s words! Oh, so this person was old man Tannin’s King, who was a mystery till now!

[I gave my Queen piece to Tannin-kun. He came and said that he wanted to save the Dragon tribes which were almost near extinction. Yeah, he is the role model for all Dragon Kings. Well, I don’t participate in the game and involve myself in the Underworld’s riot, so I basically allow him to roam free.]
And even as a Low-class Devil, Rias doesn't really force her servants to do things they don't want, and they're all living quite freely unless if there's some situation that may affect like the Underworld. Like in V3, she ordered Kiba not to chase after the Excalibur because 1) This is the Church's issue and the Fallen Angle Cadre is involved, stepping in carelessly may cause another War between the 3 factions. 2) Kiba is clearly being consumed by his anger and hatred towards the Excalibur, he even lost his cool against Xenovia. What if Kiba in his anger did something irrational like killing Irina and Xenovia first? Or worst got himself killed by the Excalibur?
Old 2021-12-13, 16:02   Link #368
godz

I think that while the short story is going on, still great red was not assassinated ... they would not be as calm as shown in the short story if they already knew about great red's death.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-13, 18:38   Link #369
Xuanwu

^Good point, it's most likely set before the Omen of the End chapter.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 15:27   Link #370
saucerKing

Quote:
The master doesn't change just because you're independent, this is setup early in the story. Why is that so hard to accept that even independent Ise is still under Rias? Even Gasper and Xenovia is still under Rias. People use Tannin as an example to say Devil doesn't need to obey the King anymore after independent but then they don't point out that Mephisto doesn't participate himself in the Underworld issue anymore and just gave the Queen Piece to Tannin to help him.
because issei is above rias in every possible way? politcally the only thing that makes rias relevant at all is issei while entire factions inside devil society want issei, not rias. in influence issei is famous across all myths, while rias is only known as "the devil who is issei master", in power there needs no mention. even in devil society issei ranking is well above rias, to the point they had to make a new rank for him
Old 2021-12-14, 16:05   Link #371
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
because issei is above rias in every possible way? politcally the only thing that makes rias relevant at all is issei while entire factions inside devil society want issei, not rias. in influence issei is famous across all myths, while rias is only known as "the devil who is issei master", in power there needs no mention. even in devil society issei ranking is well above rias, to the point they had to make a new rank for him
Well, since the beginning Rias was relevant and so acknowledged by everyone thank to other merits: because she was Sirzechs’sister, the next heir of Gremory house, one of the most importante house and then for her servants, especially Issei.

We reached a point where the story gave her so many credits instead of Issei.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 22:18   Link #372
Immortal Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Well, since the beginning Rias was relevant and so acknowledged by everyone thank to other merits: because she was Sirzechs’sister, the next heir of Gremory house, one of the most importante house and then for her servants, especially Issei.

We reached a point where the story gave her so many credits instead of Issei.
What are you talking about? Issei has gotten tremendous credit. The guy was promoted to a rank above Rias so how is Rias getting credit instead of Issei? Rias does get merit for being Issei's master as she should. She took Issei when he was weak and believed in his potential. She made an investment and it paid off big time.
Old 2021-12-14, 23:38   Link #373
B214

Quote:
What does social standing have to do with Rias and her own servant or peerage? Rias' peerage is Rias' peerage. Whatever outside people view should not be viewed together with Rias' team hierarchy. What you're saying here is they because you become a president of a country, that means you outrank your parents or parents-in-law even in house. It's different, don't lump those together. Just because Ise is socially standing higher than Rias now doesn't mean he can go around ordering Akeno or Gasper for matters related to her team. Or because he ranks higher than the Rookie Four now socially, does it mean Ise can go around ordering Sona's team for their internal matters?
Old 2021-12-15, 13:49   Link #374
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
What are you talking about? Issei has gotten tremendous credit. The guy was promoted to a rank above Rias so how is Rias getting credit instead of Issei? Rias does get merit for being Issei's master as she should. She took Issei when he was weak and believed in his potential. She made an investment and it paid off big time.
Mainly I was referring to the beginning of the tournament, when strangely Issei had difficulty to beat weaker teams even though the presence of Maou-class beings, while Rias had perfect performance with a weaker them.

And all the things about Issei doesn’t fighting with the Dragon Oppai style only to critic him, meanwhile everyone was doing compliments to Rias

Quote:
What does social standing have to do with Rias and her own servant or peerage? Rias' peerage is Rias' peerage. Whatever outside people view should not be viewed together with Rias' team hierarchy. What you're saying here is they because you become a president of a country, that means you outrank your parents or parents-in-law even in house. It's different, don't lump those together. Just because Ise is socially standing higher than Rias now doesn't mean he can go around ordering Akeno or Gasper for matters related to her team. Or because he ranks higher than the Rookie Four now socially, does it mean Ise can go around ordering Sona's team for their internal matters?
Probably Issei still have to follow Rias’orders to a certain degree when she will be the family-head, but it can always be Issei has the possibility to refuse, but due to his character he would never do it. Otherwise would be a bit incoherent due to his rank and power.

I, Hyoudou Issei and my peerage were included. And since it was an order from the family head, we had to absolutely go there.

Okay the internal matters are something doesn’t matter to Issei, but for other things he can order to Akeno, Gasper or even Sona having the highest rank after Maous.

Last edited by Giuseppe1234; 2021-12-15 at 16:05.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-15, 20:41   Link #375
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Mainly I was referring to the beginning of the tournament, when strangely Issei had difficulty to beat weaker teams even though the presence of Maou-class beings, while Rias had perfect performance with a weaker them.

And all the things about Issei doesn’t fighting with the Dragon Oppai style only to critic him, meanwhile everyone was doing compliments to Rias

Probably Issei still have to follow Rias’orders to a certain degree when she will be the family-head, but it can always be Issei has the possibility to refuse, but due to his character he would never do it. Otherwise would be a bit incoherent due to his rank and power.

I, Hyoudou Issei and my peerage were included. And since it was an order from the family head, we had to absolutely go there.

Okay the internal matters are something doesn’t matter to Issei, but for other things he can order to Akeno, Gasper or even Sona having the highest rank after Maous.
The thing about it is that people keep using rank and social standings etc to say Ise outrank Rias but they're missing out the main point. What does social standing have to do with how she deal with her team? If Rias agrees to trade her piece with another King, why would she need to get approval from others? It's her own Evil Piece. Do you let your boss or company control how you spend your money or how you deal with your family or control who you are friends with? That's what I'm referring to. Rias' peerage is her own thing, she's the highest authority in her own group. That's all. Don't mix up things that are different in nature. People keep talking about this special rank thing, does it give Ise the right to go to other Clans to control their livelihood or business like the Phenex clan and say I want you guys to limit your production to Gremory or DxD team only?
Old 2021-12-16, 08:37   Link #376
saucerKing

Quote:
The thing about it is that people keep using rank and social standings etc to say Ise outrank Rias but they're missing out the main point. What does social standing have to do with how she deal with her team? If Rias agrees to trade her piece with another King, why would she need to get approval from others? It's her own Evil Piece. Do you let your boss or company control how you spend your money or how you deal with your family or control who you are friends with? That's what I'm referring to. Rias' peerage is her own thing, she's the highest authority in her own group. That's all. Don't mix up things that are different in nature. People keep talking about this special rank thing, does it give Ise the right to go to other Clans to control their livelihood or business like the Phenex clan and say I want you guys to limit your production to Gremory or DxD team only?
are we not told that ultimate-class devils can order high-class ones tho? so the last point is kinda possible. about the rest, issei only has to obey when it comes to rating games and nothing outside of it, likely when it comes to switching masters too. but if, like in my example, rias told a special-class issei "we are going to visit my ancestor" issei can refuse, he wont, because he is issei, but he could.

basically when not related to rating games issei can say no to any of rias orders, if he does not its because like all gremory men issei is whipped