AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2024-03-12, 08:51   Link #21
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

I'm not read Slash Dog but sometimes I look for Summary and Spoilers. Even if I dislike that Ishi is giving priority to it I understand why I wanted released it first.

I wonder how much time could pass before that Ishi could really choice to pass the ball to Rippu? I mean if Junior would perform good likely the editor would told him to make others Volumes. I don't think Junior was created with the purpose of being a One-Shot.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-12, 12:58   Link #22
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I want to believe no sane editor would ever allow something like that to happen, but that's why Ishibumi has to stay as a supervisor and have the final say regarding the development of the story.
This is what I have in mind also. If the act of having one's own series be continued to another isn't feasible (though it is an option I can see being taken if nothing else works other than just continue it as is), just being the supervisor can suffice too.

Or do it jointly, something.

It's just been too long since anything new of the DxD side, Shin or DX or whatever has been released as far as I've heard or read anything new about this. Heck, the last time a volume for Shin was released back in 2020 of Feb.

4 years long without is enough to be a while there now.
Qliphoth Bacikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 05:41   Link #23
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliphoth Bacikal View Post
This is what I have in mind also. If the act of having one's own series be continued to another isn't feasible (though it is an option I can see being taken if nothing else works other than just continue it as is), just being the supervisor can suffice too.

Or do it jointly, something.
Having Ishibumi being the supervisor and give to the new author advices and a list of things he can and he can't do should be the best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliphoth Bacikal View Post
It's just been too long since anything new of the DxD side, Shin or DX or whatever has been released as far as I've heard or read anything new about this. Heck, the last time a volume for Shin was released back in 2020 of Feb.

4 years long without is enough to be a while there now.
Indeed the waiting start to unstandable.

I hope that at least this year we could got a DX in which we discovered the results of Dulio vs Tobio.
Old 2024-03-14, 20:19   Link #24
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
Highschool of the Dead has been left on indefinite hiatus since a few years before the original creator passed away, and without a replacement to finish the story, carry on his legacy and keep his memory alive, we were left with a ton of unanswered questions, such as:

Who or what caused the zombie outbreak?
Will it ever be stopped?
Where are Takashi's parents?
Where is Alice's mother?
Are Prof. Koichi Shidou and his cult ever going to get punished in some way?
Is Takashi going to go steady with Saeko or Rei, or both?

I could do this all day.

High School DxD shouldn't suffer the same fate if Ishibumi can't continue.
A replacement-- At least we'll have answers and a conclusion.
No replacement means no answers and no conclusion. It's irremissible.
And like i said, what if the person taking over isn't willing to follow Ishibumi's setting and wants his own setting. How would that make things better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Ishi could write up a specific storyline that a new author has to follow with a contract specifying so. Ishi could take on a more directional position where he solely calls the shots on what is written before it gets to editors or publication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I want to believe no sane editor would ever allow something like that to happen, but that's why Ishibumi has to stay as a supervisor and have the final say regarding the development of the story.
And what if the requirement of the new author to take up writing the story is for Ishibumi to fully step away and for the editors to follow his version of the story instead of Ishibumi's?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 20:28   Link #25
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
And like i said, what if the person taking over isn't willing to follow Ishibumi's setting and wants his own setting. How would that make things better?
If no one takes over, there will be no closure to the main story whatsoever, leaving fans to continue demanding answers until there is closure. HOTD is still suffering this fate.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2024-03-14 at 21:18.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 20:39   Link #26
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
If no one takes over, there will be no closure to the main story whatsoever, leaving fans to continue demanding answers until there is closure.
It's not like Ishibumi is giving up writing yet. There's no reason to jump to a new author at all. If Ishibumi decides to give up the story and focus on his health then yes, you can pass it to a new one. By then even if the new writers decides to write some bombastic ending like Ise dying and everyone moves on with their lives without him, it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
Having Ishibumi being the supervisor and give to the new author advices and a list of things he can and he can't do should be the best choice.
And the first result we have of this was High School DxD BorN. Of course it could be opposite, it may be good but for now i've seen bad and i would like to avoid bad.

Last edited by B214; 2024-03-14 at 21:00.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 02:05   Link #27
Lex79

Quote:

And what if the requirement of the new author to take up writing the story is for Ishibumi to fully step away and for the editors to follow his version of the story instead of Ishibumi's?
Then you look for another author who is more reasonable. And if nobody can be found who meets the requirements and Ishibumi cannot keep writing, I guess we'll simply not get to see the ending of DxD.
Old 2024-03-16, 01:14   Link #28
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:

Indeed the waiting start to unstandable.

I hope that at least this year we could got a DX in which we discovered the results of Dulio vs Tobio.
Pretty much, yeah. I wouldn't want Ishibumi to let it go completely or even just have someone take the reigns unless it was a last resort. Him taking the supervisor role and/or splitting up the writing work would be the best thing to do while looking after his own health while he's still kicking.

And yeah. At least something from DX if anything since even that one was last updated with a release back in '22...
Old 2024-03-16, 07:08   Link #29
Xuanwu

Quote:
It's not like Ishibumi is giving up writing yet. There's no reason to jump to a new author at all. If Ishibumi decides to give up the story and focus on his health then yes, you can pass it to a new one. By then even if the new writers decides to write some bombastic ending like Ise dying and everyone moves on with their lives without him, it's okay.

And the first result we have of this was High School DxD BorN. Of course it could be opposite, it may be good but for now i've seen bad and i would like to avoid bad.
How did Ishibumi have supervision over BorN though? And back in 2018 or so, I heard Ishibumi made sure Passione wouldn't do the same stuff before he greenlit them for season 4.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-16, 18:08   Link #30
Dareal_truth

I’m pretty confident in the after story of the new SS we will hear some news about ish future for the series that being said, I hope he plays the sidelines part( Supervisor)
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 00:54   Link #31
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
How did Ishibumi have supervision over BorN though? And back in 2018 or so, I heard Ishibumi made sure Passione wouldn't do the same stuff before he greenlit them for season 4.
Regardless of if he did or didn't, this at least gives a legitimate reason for why he might have any sort of reluctance in trusting someone else with writing DxD.

Especially since a single person wouldn't need to deal with group majority in any decisions they make with where they take the story.
Old 2024-03-23, 05:35   Link #32
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Regardless of if he did or didn't, this at least gives a legitimate reason for why he might have any sort of reluctance in trusting someone else with writing DxD.

Especially since a single person wouldn't need to deal with group majority in any decisions they make with where they take the story.
That's probably why they're going with someone as young as Rippu, so he's gonna listen to Ishibumi and respect his ideas. I just hope it won't go south like that. There's not much choice at this point.
Old 2024-03-23, 05:38   Link #33
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
I’m pretty confident in the after story of the new SS we will hear some news about ish future for the series that being said, I hope he plays the sidelines part( Supervisor)
Rippu and Ishibumi can do a double commentary in the afterword, like Nasu does with the Fate novel spin-offs. Ishi should try to at least release either SD or Shin DxD this year.

My guess is that he's not placing SD on hold because it isn't planned to be very long.
Old 2024-03-23, 06:15   Link #34
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

It seem he wanted give priority to Slash Dog, hope it wouldn't have so many others Volumes.
Old 2024-03-25, 19:18   Link #35
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
It seem he wanted give priority to Slash Dog, hope it wouldn't have so many others Volumes.
I've actually been genuinely curious about the premise of Slash/Dog and how ultimately it ties into the rest of the DxD verse, even if at this point we don't know of what effect it has.

DK how long it'll go on though, but a setting of S/D with its own cast mixed in with those we came to know and meet back in HSDxD has always been interesting, especially getting more information and world building about what's been going on, like more of the mages of the Western World or even how Khaos Brigade actually came to be iirc.