AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-10-25, 10:14   Link #921
amasposu

Chapter 29:

Whoa. That ending, I didn't expect that. New characters!
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 10:36   Link #922
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Maybe i saw the next hero of the goblins. If the party consists of heroines and take easy on goblins then.. you know what goblins do to them.
exactly... I have no expectation toward girls party in this manga... they'll just disappear soon in deep despair

Actually I don't see any romantic feelings between Goblin Slayer and Sword Priestess.. at least not yet
Sword Priestess is just looking for someone to help her to overcome her trauma and she expected Goblin Slayer to do that
Goblin Slayer just mentioned that he don't have any time to help her.. rather than that, he prefers to help in different way.. by killing all goblins.. and become a symbol of salvation for those who despaired toward Goblins

well.. even if it's like that, Sword Priestess won't reject any romantic advance from Goblin Slayer
the problem is that... every single woman wanted him
tough competition... guild girl, cow girl, priestess, random wizard from guild, etc
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 10:52   Link #923
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Goblin Slayer brand new day chapter featuring GS with most unlikely party member ever. i am hyped!
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 11:28   Link #924
KikeLyne

It isn't going to be the top 10 crossovers with featuring Guts, Lancer and Dark-Souls/Doom Slayer?
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 11:43   Link #925
Tenzen12

I think this party is relatively safe. If I not wrong Haruhi already had her encounterr with goblins and survived few years back. Plus she is supposed be super strong.
Old 2018-10-25, 14:19   Link #926
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
Goblin Slayer brand new day chapter featuring GS with most unlikely party member ever. i am hyped!
How did Guild Girl rope him into that? Did she lie and say it was a goblin wizard?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 15:08   Link #927
Tenzen12

There were no goblin quests at all and Orcbolg had something he wanted buy.
Old 2018-10-25, 17:05   Link #928
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Plus she is supposed be super strong.
Supposed. The dude even called the group the arch enemy of their Demon Lord. They're all top-tier Adventurers.

And yeah, she's the little girl whose village is being attacked in the Year One manga at present with GS going to town on them. So she's had her quota of Goblin Encounters.
Old 2018-10-25, 17:07   Link #929
zibi88

Quote:
I think this party is relatively safe. If I not wrong Haruhi already had her encounterr with goblins and survived few years back. Plus she is supposed be super strong.
I think I read somewhere that she is supposed to be a Chosen One, a hero that saves and kills the demon lord. She was blessed with luck and skills. (// In a video game the player would be this character, one that saves the world with strong magical gear. the chosen one)

But the real hero that saves the world will be in the end GS. His work led him to that girls village 5years ago where he met her as a small kid. He build fences to fend off goblins, traps and mostly killed them all. So from that time the village was safe and the villagers were able to grow up in safe environment where they could dream big dreams.

GS pointless work protected that girl from experiencing goblins and saved from the life trauma which would be coused by that encounter (like with SM). So GS by giving a safe and bright future to that girl coused her to grow up to be a hero with holy sword that will defeat the demon king, so in the end GS was the one that saved the world by saving future adventurers.

He at the beggining was different, a normal talkative kid like all others that dreamed to be an adventurer....his traumatic experience placed him on a different path. Maybe one day that girl will recognize GS and what his work did for people and in the end for her.

About current chapter I think that they did a bit better job in the LN, where SM fell to the ground with tears in her eyes when GS talked her that he will kill goblins for her. It gave a big bigger emotional kick from that scene, like she fell to ground in relief. Still manga might be a slightly off to LN but its not that much of a difference.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 17:17   Link #930
RDNexus

Can I ask who this Haruhi is?
Is there any artwork of her?
I went to the Wiki but no deal...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 17:29   Link #931
Tenzen12

She is the Hero, choosen one, blessed by Gods, super strong (I believe platinum ranked and can literaly nuke enemies) adventurer and girl that would die few year back by hands of goblin band if they wasn't stopped by certain silver ranked weirdo.

Edit: Ap

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I think I read somewhere that she is supposed to be a Chosen One, a hero that saves and kills the demon lord. She was blessed with luck and skills. (// In a video game the player would be this character, one that saves the world with strong magical gear. the chosen one)

But the real hero that saves the world will be in the end GS. His work led him to that girls village 5years ago where he met her as a small kid. He build fences to fend off goblins, traps and mostly killed them all. So from that time the village was safe and the villagers were able to grow up in safe environment where they could dream big dreams.

GS pointless work protected that girl from experiencing goblins and saved from the life trauma which would be coused by that encounter (like with SM). So GS by giving a safe and bright future to that girl coused her to grow up to be a hero with holy sword that will defeat the demon king, so in the end GS was the one that saved the world by saving future adventurers.

He at the beggining was different, a normal talkative kid like all others that dreamed to be an adventurer....his traumatic experience placed him on a different path. Maybe one day that girl will recognize GS and what his work did for people and in the end for her.

About current chapter I think that they did a bit better job in the LN, where SM fell to the ground with tears in her eyes when GS talked her that he will kill goblins for her. It gave a big bigger emotional kick from that scene, like she fell to ground in relief. Still manga might be a slightly off to LN but its not that much of a difference.

Author himself said Orcbolg is not "main hero" of story, he is just guy who kills goblins. So unless editors force him or he change mind I don't see Goblin Slayer party be ones that save world. He don't have time for it anyway.

As for Orcbolg himself he already made many connections so more people understand what he does and aknowledge him for it and I am sure if Haruhi was saved by him she already is greatful for it too.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-10-25 at 17:48.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 17:44   Link #932
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Chapter 29 is out. Same goes for Brand New Day chapter 6
Brand New Day chapter 6 is my favor chapter in novel 4, and not a single girl is in the adventure...
Old 2018-10-25, 17:51   Link #933
RDNexus

Maybe @zibi88 meant that Orcbolg would save the world by indirectly contributing greatly for the Hero Party being capable of defeating the Demon Lord and saving everyone.

Thanks for the intel, @Tenzen12.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 17:55   Link #934
Top Sergeant

Two truly awesome lines:

"Gygax it all to hell!"

and

"If I fail don't kick me."
Old 2018-10-25, 22:52   Link #935
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Goblin Slayer's story is just a slice out of this world. I don't expect him to participate in some grand plan to save the world. because of him, we get the ground level story that is normally skipped over in rpgs. i hope it stays that way.

i love the duality of Sword Maiden's arc. super strong, saved the world, leader, but scarred by her past experience and needs saving herself. i thought their exchange was beautiful.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 00:34   Link #936
Sixth
Hu Tao

I like how in this chapter brought up that everything that GS has done has no effect on the bigger scale, or at least according to Sword Maiden, and then we got the panel of Haruhi saving the world, and the very reason why was Haruhi still alive in the present was because of GS saving her village in the past.

GS is indeed truly an unsung hero.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 05:23   Link #937
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post

Something I had in mind after reading Year One and recognizing the Hero: Was it Hero's luck that one of the villages that GS saved was hers? Or was it GS's denying the rolls that led to Hero NOT having a tragic background?

Quote:
Both I believe. While LN showed the relief scene better with SM on the ground and in tears of joys/happiness, manga did better in showing how the gobs affected her even now. Especially that panes of shadows shaped like goblins creeping onto her
Old 2018-10-26, 07:01   Link #938
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
There were no goblin quests at all and Orcbolg had something he wanted buy.
The guild girl have to trick him or maybe he will met one in the mission unexpectedly.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 07:37   Link #939
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Something I had in mind after reading Year One and recognizing the Hero: Was it Hero's luck that one of the villages that GS saved was hers? Or was it GS's denying the rolls that led to Hero NOT having a tragic background?
A bit of both. I mean, that Goblin was one who attacked his village and stole his father's knife, meaning it was one who defiled his sister. That seems like the sort of thing Truth would set up to be a dick once GS took the job. But the rage mode was all his.

Her luck drew GS in. His rage denied the dice rolling that would have given her a tragic backstory, leading to a cheerful chosen one.
Old 2018-10-26, 08:59   Link #940
Random14

Nice to see the end of another arc, as well as Goblin Slayer tie up most of the loose ends. They did a good job portraying Sword Maiden's trauma and her relief. Although that feather part was cute too. If the anime reaches this point, I hope they animate it well.

I prefer following Goblin Slayer but its interesting seeing the "main characters" of the world occasionally too. Even though I don't care about Hero since she's intentionally an overpowered character, but a reminder of the different scale of things is good too. And the way many different things are connected.

Ah, the side manga is adapting that chapter now, huh. That was one of my favorite chapters. Although its weird seeing some of the characters with that artwork, I hadn't gotten around to reading that side manga before now. I wonder how many manga chapters it'll take to adapt that side adventure. And good timing with how right after the second novel wraps up Sword Maiden pops up in the side manga too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, harem, mature content, tragedy