AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD Light Novel - DX.3 (Short Story Collection) Rating
Perfect 10 3 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 18.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-05, 20:42   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD Light Novel - DX.3 (Short Story Collection) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD Light Novel, DX.3 (Short Story Collection).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 11:35   Link #2
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I guess it's not 100% that this form is CCQ just because of the gem on Ise's head.
Spoiler for Image:

That form could just be one of the Triaina ones. I don't understand why it would make any difference if it was CCQ for the scouter to work.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 11:37   Link #3
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well we don't know the context of Dx3 yet, but Artificial SG are a lot weaker then regular ones so they tested if it would work on vol 14 Issei i would think, and CCQ at the time was his peak form even if it was VERY unstable
Sparda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 19:10   Link #4
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm sure that's Cardinal Crimson Queen. We do need answers as to why he'd use it (though I think you two have it right), but that most likely is still Cardinal Crimson Queen. The jewel on the head is kind of a give away, since DxD G also has a jewel on the head and it's based off of Cardinal Crimson Queen.
Old 2017-03-17, 21:47   Link #5
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Maybe is the knight form...
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 08:44   Link #6
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Could be, but I doubt it.
Old 2017-07-10, 11:59   Link #7
Lucidrago

Just his regular Balance Breaker, you guys were just overthinking it.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 13:14   Link #8
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's just the regular Balance Breaker. Damn it, I really want an illustration of the True Queen armor. I hope we'll get to see it at some point.

Anyway, yeah, the chapter itself is good. The Artificial Sacred Gear possessors of the Sitri peerage sparring with Ise and then Ise saying stuff about (and praising) them was good to see. The part where Ise asked them to give him their opinions on the Occult Research Club members besides the obvious ones like himself, Rias, Akeno, Koneko, Gasper and Kiba was great. Especially what they said about Irina and Rose.

But yeah, I guess this can be said to be a sort of introduction into Xenovia joining the Student Council as president. They did say in this chapter that it's fine for those outside the Sitri peerage to join the Student Council. [Though in this case it was about asking Ravel to join, which may have been turned down by the person herself since she didn't join - though, as Ise's manager, could she really have also joined the Student Council at the same?]

I liked it when Ise started trying to use the Dragon Shot similarly to how Sirzechs uses the Power of Destruction, so why did he suddenly go back to not having the Dragon Shot move around like it has a mind of its all of a sudden in this chapter? I'm kind of annoyed by that, even though the chapter in general is pretty good.
Old 2017-07-10, 13:19   Link #9
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I was not expecting much from Life 2 The Ordinary Days of Red Dragon Emperor but colour me surprised about Sona's Peerage backstories and Sona planning for a long game when she begins in Rating Games.
Old 2017-07-10, 13:40   Link #10
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The stuff about what Sona's thinking in regards to the Rating Games should be as expected considering how she is if you think about it a little, though, right?

For me, the biggest disappointments are what I talked about it in the first line and the last two lines my post above yours. Not getting to see an illustration of the True Queen armor and the way Ise used the Dragon Shot. Though I guess the first one is merely because of my own fault for getting my hopes up too high (and maybe also the illustrator's for drawing the armor a bit differently, since otherwise no one would've thought it could be anything but the regular Balance Breaker armor).
Old 2017-07-10, 14:01   Link #11
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I think Issei would use a Dragon Shot that changes direction against someone who is more likely to dodge it so against Tsubasa who is a Rook is more likely to try and tank it over trying to dodge.
Old 2017-07-10, 15:37   Link #12
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but wouldn't it have been a good idea to make its path bend in that situation? Think of Yura's Artificial Sacred Gear's ability. That shield is troublesome, and an attack whose path can be bent mid-flight seems like it might come in handy.
Old 2017-07-10, 18:08   Link #13
Joeemm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, but wouldn't it have been a good idea to make its path bend in that situation? Think of Yura's Artificial Sacred Gear's ability. That shield is troublesome, and an attack whose path can be bent mid-flight seems like it might come in handy.
I've read the translated version and I don't think Ise would have used it based on his reasoning. I do think he saw it as a test for their new artificial sacred gears so he didn't have to go all out. Ise has continued to used this technique (bending the dragon shot) beyond when that short story took place. I do think he had decided not to go all out against them.

Last edited by Joeemm; 2017-07-10 at 19:12. Reason: Fixed spelling errors.
Joeemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 18:51   Link #14
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I guess you're right.

But yeah, of course he didn't go all out. He only used Balance Breaker, without any kind of Promotion, after all.
Old 2017-07-10, 23:54   Link #15
Lucidrago

@Osman There was an illustration of the True Queen armor in Volume 23 if you're wondering. And yes, anyone can join the Student Council. It's not like it's exclusive to the Sitri peerage. Because Sona was the Student Council Vice President in her 2nd year. And the Kuoh Academy Student Council is just for school. Such as the Occult Research Club is. It just was a way they could easily assemble at. And people get elected to being in the Student Council. Well I'm not sure how it works for students entering their first year.

And it was a spar to test the effectiveness of the Artificial Sacred Gears, not an actual fight. Issei was basically someone the Sitri girls were testing their Artificial Sacred Gears out on. It would do no good if Issei ended the spar early and didn't allow Serafall to see the true effectiveness of their ASGs. That was the whole purpose of the spar. Not for Issei to curbstomp.
Old 2017-07-11, 06:37   Link #16
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Vol 23 is CCQ for sure but just take a look side by side they are VERY similar. But yeah Issei didn't need to go all out. But what really caught me off guard is what was said about the ASG as a whole. They may be able to harm the user, and that's BAD.
Old 2017-07-11, 07:12   Link #17
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If one isn't careful, even a true Sacred Gear can harm its user. Wasn't that mentioned in the chapter?

@Lucidrago: Yeah, you're right about the Sitri girls testing out their Artificial Sacred Gears. I was just peeved about the Dragon Shot, but I'll let it go. [Though, there's still the fact that if Ise had bent his Dragon Shot's path, he could've also demonstrated how he can use Dragon Shot to beat that "shield" ability, which would've made Sona try to come up with countermeasures. So really, Ise would've been helping them by making the Dragon Shot bend, as well.]
Old 2017-07-11, 07:22   Link #18
Lucidrago

Not really beating the shield if he isn't breaking through it. He's just using it to go around the shield. The effectiveness of a shield lies in how it defends its users against attacks. And you think Issei getting technical would really help him against the highly adaptable and versatile Sitri team?

And maybe CCQ isn't that much different from the Boosted Gear Scalemail. So they would kind of look the same if you're looking at both of them from the images. The main difference probably is that CCQ is crimson.
Old 2017-07-11, 07:36   Link #19
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Yeah even a true SG can harm the user but an ASG is artificial so they have even more bugs then a normal SG's do, and said bugs could be lethal. I know Azazel did his best to eliminate the lethal ones but he isn't God of the Bible.
Old 2017-07-11, 08:05   Link #20
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: The point isn't to completely defeat the Sacred Gear, it's just to go around it and attack a blind spot that it can't cover. My point is that if you can't break the "shield," just go around it. And bending the Dragon Shot would've helped. And again, the whole point of the sparring was for Sona and Serafall to get an idea of the ability and limits of the new Artificial Sacred Gears they got, so seeing Ise use that tactic on the "shield" would also give Sona an idea. It still fulfills the main purpose of using Ise as a sparring opponent.

As for True Queen armor. It's said in the text that it looks different from the normal Balance Breaker armor in shape as well, plus it also has a gem on top of the helmet. Even though the illustration in this chapter shows the gem on top of the helmet, the truth is that that gem should only be there on the True Queen helmet. That's what made me think from looking at that illustration that it's the True Queen armor. The illustrator went and messed up.

@Sparda4: Yeah, the Artificial Sacred Gears will have bugs to work out since they're man-made and Azazel isn't perfect. But both the true and artificial Sacred Gears have the danger of harming the user. And even the true Sacred Gears have bugs. One is the Balance Breaker, which was said to be a bug left behind by the God of the Bible.