AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Slashdog 2 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 50.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-02-26, 17:31   Link #21
Crimson406

Issei was 17 when DxD started and at the current timeline, a year has passed he’s 18. So I say he was 13 in Slashdog.
Crimson406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 17:38   Link #22
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

13 yep since in DxD, Tobio is 22 so the age difference between him and Issei is 4 years and in SLASHDOG, Tobio is in his second year of high school meaning he is 17 so Issei would be 13.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 01:39   Link #23
Lucidrago

Again I ask if Seiryu Kushihashi is male or female.

So now we are aware of all the heirs/heads of the Five Principal Clans besides Doumon. We know of the current Ouryuu in the main story. And his predecessor is supposed to appear in Slash Dog. We know of Suzaku. We know of Byakko Shinra and how he's Kiyotora's niece/nephew and the current head of the Shinra clan. He might make his appearance in Slash Dog. So all of them should be making their appearance I expect. And the other two members of the Four Fiends should be appearing.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 01:41   Link #24
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Yep, Augusta had appeared in Volume 1, in which her role was to stall Tobio's company (Lavinia in particular).

As of Vali's age, Volume 1 showed him in his 7-year old form, and considering that Volume 1 was set 10 years before DxD (unless Ishibumi retconned it, which is a bit likely considering that Slash/Dog is now officially merged into DxD), he is either 12 or 13 and most probably only younger than Issei by a few months at most.

PS. Among the Five Clans successors, only Seiryuu and (unless Ishibumi wrote otherwise) Byakko are hostile towards Tobio because they considered him as "heretic" that is, a member of the Five Clans with a very peculiar talent (read: Sacred Gear/Longinus). Even then, their animosity towards our Slash/Dog mostly stemmed from their fear of Tobio's potential that may threaten their existence. Seiryuu would probably consider him a rival at best. No word on the previous Ouryuu though (as we know, the current Ouryuu in present DxD time is basically "loyal" to Issei, so we can assume that his predecessor will take the "neutral" route).

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2018-02-27 at 01:51.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 01:53   Link #25
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Lucidrago He is male, as described in Vol. 1's end

Spoiler for Passage:
Old 2018-02-27, 02:20   Link #26
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Btw, the three "God-Killing Tool" mentioned by Azazel was written using the same kanji as the Japanese Imperial Regalia. Make that of what you will
Old 2018-02-27, 09:06   Link #27
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So we can assume that in DxD, the Three Imperial Regalia of Japan are Longinus? Interesting. Thanks for the tidbit.

As for the time line. So Ishibumi possibly changed it from being 10 years prior to the main story to to 4 years? And I think it's 4 years prior to the start of the main story, hence Ise being 13 in SlashDog (although he's only mentioned but never shown, most likely).

Anyway, I do want to see if the Ouryuu in SlashDog is neutral or if he's hostile to Tobio. Hopefully he isn't completely hostile. I do also wonder about Seiryuu.

@Ariel: You do know that making consecutive posts one after the other isn't a good idea on forums? Just edit your original post, please. Before a Mod sees you.
Old 2018-02-27, 09:25   Link #28
Lucidrago

Thanks, Ariel. Sorry I've only read half of Slash Dog Part 1 so far. I started reading it but stopped quite some months ago.
Old 2018-02-27, 09:25   Link #29
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So we can assume that in DxD, the Three Imperial Regalia of Japan are Longinus?
You mean Longinus-class right...?
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 09:28   Link #30
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What's the difference? If it's a Longinus-class Sacred Gear, it's most likely a Longinus (if it's a Sacred Gear). Though we do need confirmation. A Sacred Gear like Gasper's one is an exception, but that one as well is evolving into a Longinus.
Old 2018-02-27, 09:36   Link #31
Lucidrago

You do have to consider one of the three Sacred Treasures of Japan(Japanese Imperial Regalia) is the holy sword(not going to bother saying it) that Yaegaki used in Volume 18. So it might be that the kanji might be the same for god-killing tools and Sacred Treasures. Hence the confusion. Because the Longinus are the only god-killing weapons that can be wielded by humans as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-02-27 at 11:14.
Old 2018-02-27, 11:09   Link #32
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's true. My bad there.

I'm not sure, but maybe the Jewel or the Mirror might be a Sacred Gear. Just wondering. The Sword is already a confirmed Holy Sword, though (Kusanagi no Tsurugi, aka Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi).

But I guess they can't be Longinus anyway; Telos Karma and Innovate Clear are the only ones left, and neither of them sounds like it be from Japanese Mythology.
Old 2018-02-27, 18:25   Link #33
Le Fay

Well, I've corrected some of the spoilers.
Spoiler for Spoilers for Slash/Dog 2:

P.S. English is not my native, so sorry if there are any mistakes
Le Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 18:39   Link #34
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Osman One of Japan's Imperial Regalia was the Holy Sword Kusanagi, and considering that we already know that it can kill a Dragon King (read Volume 18 again) it's Excalibur-tier in terms of its power.

@Le Fay thanks. I worked it in a hurry, and my Japanese grammar sucks.

Also, I do think Azazel refers the Three Sacred Treasures as something else, but then again, it's still a bit ambiguous so I'd leave it as it is until the volume is released.
Old 2018-02-27, 18:45   Link #35
shadowarc

Spoiler:

Oh, looking at this translation it means that this is 4 years before the start of DxD when Ise becomes a devil and awakens his sacred gear. Not that Ise awakened it 4 years before the start of the story.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 18:52   Link #36
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
@Osman One of Japan's Imperial Regalia was the Holy Sword Kusanagi, and considering that we already know that it can kill a Dragon King (read Volume 18 again) it's Excalibur-tier in terms of its power.

@Le Fay thanks. I worked it in a hurry, and my Japanese grammar sucks.

Also, I do think Azazel refers the Three Sacred Treasures as something else, but then again, it's still a bit ambiguous so I'd leave it as it is until the volume is released.
Nope, the kanjis used are 神滅具. Those are the kanjis that stand for "Longinus" in DxD series. Ishibumi just doesn't use furigana in his blog. It's really unlikely that he will use the same kanjis for something different. Most likely, Azazel just refers to the Longinus of Lavinia, Vali and Tobio.
Le Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 19:07   Link #37
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

@Le Fay I would you like you to join my Discord (DxD one dw)
https://discord.gg/QR6urH
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 19:11   Link #38
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Ah yeah. That explains why there are no katakana parentheses (at least). Again, I need to get back to the swing of things. Job hunting sucks.

Btw, if my memory serves me well, Azazel was aware of all the Thirteen Longinuses before the present DxD but not of the wielders right? He did miscalculate Issei as having Twice Critical instead of Boosted Gear after all.
Old 2018-02-27, 19:47   Link #39
B214

I think Azazel speculated Ise has the BG. He just didn't expect Raynare to have her own plans.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 19:59   Link #40
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

That, or he only detected Issei having similar aura to a Twice Critical user and gave Raynare that exact same info.

On a different note, the preview mentions of "Team Abyss" led by Satanael. When I read it again, I presume it's either a completely new Grigori team with Tobio as its center or an old task force going as far as the Great War. Though given that it was not mentioned at all in DxD, I tend to gravitate to the former.