AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-03-20, 09:40   Link #41
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Well presumably if Le fay joins Issei's peerage she will leave because she's a part of his team now, same as if she joins Rias' peerage.
That doesn't mean she has to leave Vali's Team? She can still go on adventures with Vali. I'm confused on how you guys snuck Rias into the conversation thats a weird leap to me. Just because she has a Bishop that makes her a candidate? Story-wise I understand Vali because she been traveling with him. I understand Issei because Arthur has pretty much given her to him, but Rias is out of left field.

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-03-20 at 09:59.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 09:54   Link #42
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
Well presumably if Le fay joins Issei's peerage she will leave because she's a part of his team now, same as if she joins Rias' peerage.
I don't think that can stop her being on a team with vali , being in issei peerage that only participate when theirs rating game is one thing and being on a team who's like an adventure team that travels the world is another thing. It's like if akeno decide to be party of gregory but still be in rias peerage. Plus issei will never stop le fay going on a adventure with the vali team at all.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 10:01   Link #43
TommyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
That doesn't mean she has to leave Vali's Team? She can still go on adventures with Vali. I'm confused on how you guys snuck Rias into the conversation thats a weird leap to me. Just because she has a Bishop that makes her a candidate? Story-wise I understand Vali because she been traveling with him. I understand Issei because Arthur has pretty much given her to him, but Rias is out of left field.
I'm not saying she has to leave Vali's team, you said it doesn't make sense to split her between Rias, Issei and Vali, I was pointing out that if she joined Rias' peerage there is no reason she has to stay with Vali, she can still go on adventures with Vali but if she were to join Rias peerage she wouldn't nessiceraly have to.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 10:11   Link #44
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
I'm not saying she has to leave Vali's team, you said it doesn't make sense to split her between Rias, Issei and Vali, I was pointing out that if she joined Rias' peerage there is no reason she has to stay with Vali, she can still go on adventures with Vali but if she were to join Rias peerage she wouldn't nessiceraly have to.
Which goes to my point why would join Rias Peerage in the first place? You can't really answer that beside her having a Bishop piece. But the best bet is she joins Issei Peerage if she joins any. The author has been leaving little hints, this was just another one. And stop with the perfect piece stuff was Rose perfect piece a Rook?

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-03-20 at 10:21.
Old 2019-03-20, 11:16   Link #45
TommyG

There could be any reason Ishi likes that she joins Rias' team, maybe she gets mortally wounded and Asia's not around so Rias reicarnates her to save her life, or any number of other situations. Rose wasn't the perfect rook but that's a poor example since that was the only piece Rias had left, if she had never recruited Asia and could afford Rose for 1 bishop do you honestly think she still would have given her the rook piece? Granted the same logic could apply to Le fay, since Issei doesn't have a spare bishop he reincarnates her with something else but since Rias does have a spare bishop I'm betting that's the piece she gets. What hits has Ishi been leaving that Le fay will join his peerage? He's hinted (or more like full blown stated) Le fay loves him, like Irina (not in his peerage) or Kuroka (not in his peerage) and he's now hinted that she could become a devil, like Kuroka (not in his peerage) or Akeno (not in his peerage) so what hints are you referring to that suggest she will be in Issei's peerage over say Rias' or Vali's (should he have/get one)
Old 2019-03-20, 11:16   Link #46
bashkim1234

If she wants to join a team, she will joned Ise team. Riasīs team does not make sense.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 12:00   Link #47
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
There could be any reason Ishi likes that she joins Rias' team, maybe she gets mortally wounded and Asia's not around so Rias reicarnates her to save her life, or any number of other situations. Rose wasn't the perfect rook but that's a poor example since that was the only piece Rias had left, if she had never recruited Asia and could afford Rose for 1 bishop do you honestly think she still would have given her the rook piece? Granted the same logic could apply to Le fay, since Issei doesn't have a spare bishop he reincarnates her with something else but since Rias does have a spare bishop I'm betting that's the piece she gets. What hits has Ishi been leaving that Le fay will join his peerage? He's hinted (or more like full blown stated) Le fay loves him, like Irina (not in his peerage) or Kuroka (not in his peerage) and he's now hinted that she could become a devil, like Kuroka (not in his peerage) or Akeno (not in his peerage) so what hints are you referring to that suggest she will be in Issei's peerage over say Rias' or Vali's (should he have/get one)
So ass-pulls pretty much because that what your doing . I knew you missed the point after your first comment I knew you wouldn't get it. Rose is the example because a Rook isn't her perfect piece a Bishop or Pawn piece would be. She's the best comp to La Fey that's why I used her, also how do you know that even if Rias had a Bishop it would have been enough for Rose, Rias was worried the Rook wouldn't have been enough. Not to mention all of this is getting away from my point which you missed. La Fey would be perfectly fine with a Pawn Piece, it was stated in story a Bishop or Pawn piece would have better suited a character type similar to her. You guys are saying perfect piece, I'm saying you don't need a "perfect" piece she can join Issei Peerage as Pawn and be fine. If want to argue Rias over Issei or Vali you need more then that because story wise that make sense. There has been no real character interaction between Rias and La Fey to even bring up Rias as a candidate beside her having a Bishop Piece . Back to the hint part read the volume were they created DxD I know that's going to be wasted on you because it doesn't out right say it, but its there.

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-03-20 at 12:11.
Old 2019-03-20, 12:12   Link #48
TommyG

Quote:
So you don't have any real reasons? Just wishful thinking and Rias has a Bishop piece so she join her . I knew you missed the point after your first comment I knew you wouldn't get it. Rose is the example because a Rook isn't her perfect piece a Bishop or Pawn piece would be. She's the best comp to La Fey that's why I used her, also how do you know that even if Rias had a Bishop it would have been enough for Rose, Rias was worried the Rook wouldn't have been enough. Not to mention all of this is getting away from my point which you missed. La Fey would be perfectly fine with a Pawn Piece, it was stated in story a Bishop or Pawn piece would have better suited a character type similar to her. You guys are saying perfect piece, I'm saying you don't need a "perfect" piece she can join Issei Peerage as Pawn and be fine. If want to argue Rias over Issei or Vali you need more then that because story wise that make sense. There has been no real character interaction between Rias and La Fey to even bring up Rias as a candidate beside her having a Bishop Piece Back to the hint part read the volume were they created DxD I know that's going to be wasted on you because it doesn't out right say it, but it there.
I think I must have missed your point, your saying there is no reason to join Rias' peerage over Issei's correct? What reason does she have to join Issei's? Because she loves him? So do Irina and Elmenhilde. Because a pawn piece fits her? As well as a bishop piece will? You clearly didn't read what I said in any great detail as I said "and could afford Rose for 1 bishop". Where was it said that if you fit a bishop you'd fit a pawn? I never said I had any reason to believe she would join Rias' peerage beyond she seems like a bishop but I also don't see how you can claim she should join Issei's peerage when the key arguments for why she should join don't apply to other characters (loving him). Can you actually provide a quote since according to you I will miss it?
Old 2019-03-20, 12:24   Link #49
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
I think I must have missed your point, your saying there is no reason to join Rias' peerage over Issei's correct? What reason does she have to join Issei's? Because she loves him? So do Irina and Elmenhilde. Because a pawn piece fits her? As well as a bishop piece will? You clearly didn't read what I said in any great detail as I said "and could afford Rose for 1 bishop". Where was it said that if you fit a bishop you'd fit a pawn? I never said I had any reason to believe she would join Rias' peerage beyond she seems like a bishop but I also don't see how you can claim she should join Issei's peerage when the key arguments for why she should join don't apply to other characters (loving him). Can you actually provide a quote since according to you I will miss it?
I'm asking why bring up Rias in the conversation period over Issei or Vali. I never brought up anything about her loving him as a reason to join, you brought that into the argument. I said she can be a Bishop or Pawn and it doesn't match. The bold part you definitely don't understand. Rose is a example for my main point, La Fey can be a Pawn just fine because a similar type of mage was stated in story to have been suited as a Bishop or Pawn and yes it is in the story go look for it, I'm not quoting anything go do the work yourself .
Old 2019-03-20, 12:50   Link #50
TommyG

Actually I didn't bring Rias into the conversation, Azazel DxD did, so your saying my only argument for why she could join Rias' peerage is because she has a free bishop but your argument for why she should join Issei is because he has free pawns? Ok. Your making statements and refusing to provide evidence to support them so why should I believe your statement? I don't remember it ever being said that a mage suited bishops or pawns in any of the 27 volumes.
Old 2019-03-20, 13:15   Link #51
DragonIsseiHyodoFan

Quote:
Actually I didn't bring Rias into the conversation, Azazel DxD did, so your saying my only argument for why she could join Rias' peerage is because she has a free bishop but your argument for why she should join Issei is because he has free pawns? Ok. Your making statements and refusing to provide evidence to support them so why should I believe your statement? I don't remember it ever being said that a mage suited bishops or pawns in any of the 27 volumes.
But making Le Fay join Rias doesn't make sense since she wants to create a peerage without Issei's influence. It makes more sense to join Issei or Vali than Rias because she knows them more. Pawns can still gain the same benefits as a bishop once promotion is activated. And Le Fay was introduced as Issei's fan. Now if she was Rias' fan then I could see it. But Really I don't see her join Rias.
DragonIsseiHyodoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 13:16   Link #52
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Then I'm not talking to you then, also your the one that jumped into discussion and you have been arguing for Rias. Who said that her reason for joining Issei is because he has free pawns . Firstly I'm not saying just Issei, she could join Vali's if he has pieces instead. Secondly she actually has character development with those 2 people so why would they not be the first 2 choices? Third you should go back to the first page and see how the discussion got started, and why did you jump into the discussion in the first place if you didn't know what was being discussed? I don't care what you believe, I know where everything I stated is in the story. And it is stated so I'm assuming after this post your done right?

@DragonIsseiHyodoFan That's all I was saying
Old 2019-03-20, 13:29   Link #53
TommyG

Quote:
Then I'm not talking to you then, also your the one that jumped into discussion and you have been arguing for Rias. Who said that her reason for joining Issei is because he has free pawns . Firstly I'm not saying just Issei, she could join Vali's if he has pieces instead. Secondly she actually has character development with those 2 people so why would they not be the first 2 choices? Third you should go back to the first page and see how the discussion got started, and why did you jump into the discussion in the first place if you didn't know what was being discussed? I don't care what you believe, I know where everything I stated is in the story. And it is stated so I'm assuming after this post your done right?

@DragonIsseiHyodoFan That's all I was saying
It's a public discussion, that means anyone can voice their opinions on any subject related to the specific forum, in this case will Le fay be reincarnated and by Who? I know what was being discussed. Vali over Rias sure but what development has she got with Issei? She's his fan sure but that's played no role in the story so far, she's his contract magician? Again something that has played no role in the story so far. Have they had any intimate or one on one moments since she became his magician?

If you know exactly where it is in the story what's the problem with telling me where to look?

DragonIsseiHyodoFan Ishi could litteraly make up any story where Rias recruits Le fay, it doesn't have to have anything to do with Issei, does being in love with him instantly remove her as a candidate?
Old 2019-03-20, 13:41   Link #54
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
It's a public discussion, that means anyone can voice their opinions on any subject related to the specific forum, in this case will Le fay be reincarnated and by Who? I know what was being discussed. Vali over Rias sure but what development has she got with Issei? She's his fan sure but that's played no role in the story so far, she's his contract magician? Again something that has played no role in the story so far. Have they had any intimate or one on one moments since she became his magician?

If you know exactly where it is in the story what's the problem with telling me where to look?

DragonIsseiHyodoFan Ishi could litteraly make up any story where Rias recruits Le fay, it doesn't have to have anything to do with Issei, does being in love with him instantly remove her as a candidate?
Just because you can doesn't mean you should, that's a life lesson. Especially if you don't know what your talking about. If you don't consider La Fey and Issei as having development together, she would have even less with Rias so why do you keep arguing for her? Its not my job to do that I don't need your validation, the same way I reread the story you can too.
Old 2019-03-20, 13:41   Link #55
DragonIsseiHyodoFan

Quote:

But you really have to look at it. Why she would join Rias? What influence can Rias give that Issei and Vali haven't. Vali was her leader and Issei was her hero. Like I said....Rias wants to make a peerage that didn't have influence by Issei or anyone else. She wants to create a peerage due to her influence...Her strength...Her leadership. Like the people before Issei joined her peerage. They all had a desire to serve and protect Rias due to what Rias did for them.
DragonIsseiHyodoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 13:48   Link #56
TommyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonIsseiHyodoFan View Post
But you really have to look at it. Why she would join Rias? What influence can Rias give that Issei and Vali haven't. Vali was her leader and Issei was her hero. Like I said....Rias wants to make a peerage that didn't have influence by Issei or anyone else. She wants to create a peerage due to her influence...Her strength...Her leadership. Like the people before Issei joined her peerage. They all had a desire to serve and protect Rias due to what Rias did for them.
You make a good point but until Le Fay is actually recruited by anyone I'm not going to rule it out, like I said it could be something introduced in a later volume that causes Le Fay to want to join Rias, I'm not sure what it would be right now but it could be anything.

Though out of curiosity what reasoning would you say has Issei influenced her? She's a fan of his show but iirc that's not played a significant role in the series nor has her being his contract magician.
Old 2019-03-20, 15:15   Link #57
TommyG

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...m/&prev=search

Someone on crimson and darkness blog posted a translation of unknown dictator
Old 2019-03-20, 16:19   Link #58
Lucidrago

Quote:
You don't know how a Rook or Knight piece can help a summon? I hope your joking, you read the story correct? You don't know how the Evil Pieces work? You should really read the story you wouldn't have to ask certain questions.

@AzazelDxD If she joins Issei's peerage a Pawn, or she could get a piece from Vali I'm pretty sure he got evil pieces
I know how the evil pieces work. I just asked how the rook and knight pieces will help her summoms. Okay, the knight piece I can see as she can potentially speed up the amount of time it takes to summon. But how does more offensive and defensive power for Le Fay help her summons? The traits of the evil piece won't transfer over to any summoned creatures.

I just think Le Fay is better suited as a bishop.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 16:39   Link #59
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I know how the evil pieces work. I just asked how the rook and knight pieces will help her summoms. Okay, the knight piece I can see as she can potentially speed up the amount of time it takes to summon. But how does more offensive and defensive power for Le Fay help her summons? The traits of the evil piece won't transfer over to any summoned creatures.

I just think Le Fay is better suited as a bishop.
You serious so you don't know how it works? Your statement says you don't know how the evil piece in the rating game works? I really don't feel like arguing about it so whatever
Old 2019-03-20, 18:06   Link #60
Lucidrago

Quote:
You serious so you don't know how it works? Your statement says you don't know how the evil piece in the rating game works? I really don't feel like arguing about it so whatever
Bishop=Enhanced magical power

Knight=Enhanced speed

Rook=Enhanced offense and defense

Queen=Bishop, Knight, and Rook combined

Pawn=Ability to promote to bishop, knight, rook, or queen once they reach enemy territory or with king's permission.

I just asked you how the rook piece in any way helps Le Fay with summoning creatures. That's all. You take almost everything the wrong way and tend to be rude most of the time and refuse to hear the opinions of others.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote