AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-08-05, 05:12   Link #81
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
I can't see the need. She's basically served her purpose with Rossweisse and I doubt she's doing anything major again.
Plus wouldn't she be too powerful for a single knight or bishop piece? And besides wouldn't her actual position as leader of the Valkyries prevent her from becoming a servant?

I have an idea of who Rias' new knight could be. Maybe it could be a distant relative of hers from one of the side branches of the Gremory family. And they happen to wield a demonic sword and once they become Rias's knight, she could give them the Galantine she received from the Church making the person a dual wielder of both a holy sword and demonic sword. Also could act as good foreshadowing for Ex. And the person would be have a mix of Kiba's speed and technique while having Xenovia's dual-wielding style.

Her new bishop could be a Buddhist nun. Someone who focused on purification and exorcism of evil spirits and creating powerful seals. Also they could use talismans like Kamo Tadami from the Student Council. And is also well-versed in healing techniques and rituals.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-05, 06:51   Link #82
Xuanwu

It could also easily be Shooting Star's Bishop and Knight, as we discussed before. And hey, no one predicted Rias would get Loup Garou. Don't think this one is too outlandish.

As a side note, I wonder if Ishi will portray Loup as a pure power-type now. Sona's peerage is supposed to be composed of technique-types and Loup shouldn't be an exception.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-05, 07:58   Link #83
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Plus wouldn't she be too powerful for a single knight or bishop piece? And besides wouldn't her actual position as leader of the Valkyries prevent her from becoming a servant?
I agree with your reason here, honestly I have think to her since her abilities could be suited for both a knight and bishop and cause Ishi could have use her for hurry up with Rias's peerage.

Quote:
I have an idea of who Rias' new knight could be. Maybe it could be a distant relative of hers from one of the side branches of the Gremory family. And they happen to wield a demonic sword and once they become Rias's knight, she could give them the Galantine she received from the Church making the person a dual wielder of both a holy sword and demonic sword. Also could act as good foreshadowing for Ex. And the person would be have a mix of Kiba's speed and technique while having Xenovia's dual-wielding style.
Considering that Ishi has introduce Runeas and Chysis Gremory just lately then I think we can't exclude the possibility that her knight could be a relative of her.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-05, 08:10   Link #84
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Her new bishop could be a Buddhist nun. Someone who focused on purification and exorcism of evil spirits and creating powerful seals. Also they could use talismans like Kamo Tadami from the Student Council. And is also well-versed in healing techniques and rituals.
For the bishop I was thinking maybe to a member of the Clan Himejima that perhaps want be close to Akeno and maybe would prefer be a devil than a member of Himejima's clan.

Quote:
It could also easily be Shooting Star's Bishop and Knight, as we discussed before. And hey, no one predicted Rias would get Loup Garou. Don't think this one is too outlandish.
Is a possibility. Ishi until now hasn't used them anymore, I'm afraid he could have forgotten about both them and 5 Ultimate Class Devils of Hades's Army that were supposed to have the potential of be Maou Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Another potential candidate i would put into consideration is the descendent of a past Boosted Gear & Divine Dividing possessor. But then again, we don't know how many Dragon based SG are there in the world, so hard to tell how effective he/she would be if it's just twice critical. Maybe they could have it that, he/she manage to find a piece of Draig/Albion's original flesh and made a weapon from it. Or they did a contract with some Dragons like Asia.
What you think about what B214 has said here?

I think that maybe a Belzard's descendant could exist, he could inherited Belzard's fighting talent and have a dragon type SG. He could take some pawns of Xenovia or Ravel or even be the Sairoarg's last vacant mutated pawn.

I was thinking that maybe a Elsha's descendant could take some of Issei's pawns. Maybe since she is the descendant of a former owner of BG she could have a big affinity with dragons's powers, she could have pact with Tiamat for seal her in artificial SG created by Grigori.
Old 2023-08-05, 13:41   Link #85
Lucidrago

Quote:

As a side note, I wonder if Ishi will portray Loup as a pure power-type now. Sona's peerage is supposed to be composed of technique-types and Loup shouldn't be an exception.
Well the knight and bishop don't really have cnaracters beyond their non-impressive stereotypical traits for the roles they served in. They would pretty much be fodder next to the rest of the Gremory group. Even for poorly-crafted characters, the ones on Shooting Star's team are team are exceptionally bad. They seem more like joke characters like the ones you see in Konosuba.

Very little was foreshadowed in Shin Volume 4 simply because Ishibumi dropped the ball on it and it pretty much is one of the worst volumes in DxD in my opinion.

No one saw Loup joining Rias's peerage simply because no one saw Ishibumi cutting Sona out of the series. She's a side character who's been appearing less than she used to in the series(Sona had somewhat major roles in Volume 14 and 17). But still he created a convoluted reason to cut her out of the story by making her father(a non-existent character) get the sleeping sickness(a plot device). So she had to become the head just because Ishibumi really couldn't justify events happening in or near Kuoh Town and her not getting involved in the slightest.

Loup Garou has always been a power-type. We've only seen him in action like three times but it's evident he was the heavy hitter of the Sitri group. Sona's peerage is based around those who have a very versatile set of abilities that could be used in different ways. But she needed someone with some huge offensive power and Loup fits that bill. She needed to cover all her bases after all.

Ishibumi probably has been dying to show off Bennia and Loup Garou more than he had in the series but really couldn't do it while they were members of the Sitri group. He had Bennia and Loup go with the Gremory group to Romania in Volume 16. Bennia seemed like she was supposed to have a bigger role in Volume 24 but Ishibumi seems to have dropped the ball on that.

And besides Rjas was in serious need of another heavy hitter as her rook after tracing Rossweisse to Issei. A werewolf with high physical capabilities who also incorporates magic into his physical attacks is pretty much perfect.
Old 2023-08-05, 15:10   Link #86
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Well the knight and bishop don't really have cnaracters beyond their non-impressive stereotypical traits for the roles they served in. They would pretty much be fodder next to the rest of the Gremory group. Even for poorly-crafted characters, the ones on Shooting Star's team are team are exceptionally bad. They seem more like joke characters like the ones you see in Konosuba.
The whole point of Shooting Star's team is that they have huge potential that they couldn't fully use because they lacked support.

Granted, the Knight seems too much like Kiba but the Bishop is interesting, precisely because she can cover one of the roles that Rossweisse used to do. They could do really well if they got access to DxD resources.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-05, 21:38   Link #87
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The whole point of Shooting Star's team is that they have huge potential that they couldn't fully use because they lacked support.

Granted, the Knight seems too much like Kiba but the Bishop is interesting, precisely because she can cover one of the roles that Rossweisse used to do. They could do really well if they got access to DxD resources.

Shooting Star and his team feel like a poor man's Hero Faction.

A bishop that can only use one type of magic? Even being a powerful magician in this series means nothing because magic is basically a Deus Ex Machina in this series. Beimg a powerful magician in this series is drthomg you have to take with a grain of salt. I doubt said bishop is anywhere near Rossweisse because once again Ishibumi did not compare her to any existing characters.
Old 2023-08-06, 18:39   Link #88
cyberdemon

What if Xenovia reincarnated Kiryuu? She’s like a female version of Issei so would be interesting to see the mischief she gets up to as a devil lol
Old 2023-08-06, 23:53   Link #89
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
What if Xenovia reincarnated Kiryuu? She’s like a female version of Issei so would be interesting to see the mischief she gets up to as a devil lol
Not really. Kiryuu may be a bit of a pervert but nothing compared to Issei. And she's more of a mischievous pervert rather than the kind of open goofy pervert that Issei is.
Old 2023-08-08, 05:32   Link #90
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Since Shin DXD 6 could dedicated to Elmenhilde it can be possible that Gasper in his original country could find someone to add to his peerage?
Old 2023-08-08, 08:40   Link #91
Dareal_truth

Possibly but again they have ExE underway wouldn't it make sense to do it in a time skip scenario?
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 09:44   Link #92
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Possibly but again they have ExE underway wouldn't it make sense to do it in a time skip scenario?
No multi-year timeskip will happen since Ishibumi doesn't want that. Because technically, it stops being High School DxD [Devil x Dragon] if Issei is no longer a highschool student.

Doesn't make sense to do a timeskip right now with the alien invasion reaching full swing. Such a timeskip would have been better right after the Evil Dragon War.
Old 2023-08-10, 01:03   Link #93
Dareal_truth

How op xenova peerage is already ise peersge might as well be non existent
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 06:30   Link #94
Lucidrago

Quote:
No multi-year timeskip will happen since Ishibumi doesn't want that. Because technically, it stops being High School DxD [Devil x Dragon] if Issei is no longer a highschool student.

Doesn't make sense to do a timeskip right now with the alien invasion reaching full swing. Such a timeskip would have been better right after the Evil Dragon War.
Then Muyama would have to draw a whole new outfit for Issei which will lead to even less illustrations overall.
Old 2023-08-10, 07:17   Link #95
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Shooting Star and his team feel like a poor man's Hero Faction.
They're more like a poor man's Sairaorg and his peerage. Even the story noted the similarities

Quote:
A bishop that can only use one type of magic? Even being a powerful magician in this series means nothing because magic is basically a Deus Ex Machina in this series. Beimg a powerful magician in this series is drthomg you have to take with a grain of salt. I doubt said bishop is anywhere near Rossweisse because once again Ishibumi did not compare her to any existing characters.
First the Bishop doesn't use one kind of magic. She can do a number of spells but only simple ones but they're ridiculously powerful.

I compared her to Rossweisse because she also does a full burst attack like that all the time too. She can't do any of the other stuff she does but she can do that and from what the narration said, she's likely better than Rossweisse at it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 08:35   Link #96
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
First the Bishop doesn't use one kind of magic. She can do a number of spells but only simple ones but they're ridiculously powerful.

I compared her to Rossweisse because she also does a full burst attack like that all the time too. She can't do any of the other stuff she does but she can do that and from what the narration said, she's likely better than Rossweisse at it.
I was thinking considering how powerful she is it can be that she could value more than one bishop?

Maybe instead of Rias she could join the peerage of someone that still both of the bishop vacants such Ravel or Gasper.
Old 2023-08-10, 09:51   Link #97
Xuanwu

Regardless, she does seem to have immense potential like the rest of her team. The Rook has Ultimate-class strength and the Knight is faster than God-class beings.

I'm really thinking they are going to appear again, but who knows how much attention Ishibumi can give to them.
Old 2023-08-10, 10:05   Link #98
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I'm really thinking they are going to appear again, but who knows how much attention Ishibumi can give to them.
If they could join some peerage of the main cast Ishi could give them some spot-light otherwise..

The Rook guy could take some Xenovia's pawn or be the only rook of someone between Gasper and Ravel.

You know honestly I wouldn't completely discarded the idea that they can end up in Saji's peerage.

Really I don't understand why Ishi haven't give the pieces to main cast characters like Kiba and Akeno but he have let characters to which he couldn't have any more plans like Saji, Shinra and even Alivian to their peerage.

I was thinking could Bova be the pawns of Xenovia or Ravel?
Old 2023-08-10, 19:58   Link #99
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
If they could join some peerage of the main cast Ishi could give them some spot-light otherwise..

The Rook guy could take some Xenovia's pawn or be the only rook of someone between Gasper and Ravel.

You know honestly I wouldn't completely discarded the idea that they can end up in Saji's peerage.

Really I don't understand why Ishi haven't give the pieces to main cast characters like Kiba and Akeno but he have let characters to which he couldn't have any more plans like Saji, Shinra and even Alivian to their peerage.

I was thinking could Bova be the pawns of Xenovia or Ravel?
Because their only purpose was to pad out Shooting Star's team and nothing else. They won't have any long term significance as characters if you can even call them that. Their abilities are basic and pretty much every named character outclasses them. Why do you think that he didn't even write any of them fighting with Sairaorg's servants?

Knight who's really fast? Kiba in a nutshell. Bishop who's strong in one type of magic? That may be kind of unique but is rather pathetic once you think about all the characters who pretty much are focused around a specific element or type of power like Ingvild or Akeno even though they are queens. Her lack of versatility would just make her rather weak as a bishop compared to some of the other ones. Super-strong rook? That's basically Gandoma Balam(Sairaorg's rook). They're essentially worthless as characters and aren't original or unique in the slightest just like Shooting Star who Ishibumi seems to want to be a mix of Sairaorg, Cao Cao, and Dulio.

Just introduce actual characters with actual abilities and names to be their servants.
Old 2023-08-11, 02:12   Link #100
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Just introduce actual characters with actual abilities and names to be their servants.
OK, I have heard you.

But you know I hope that if he would introduce new characters for me he must hurry up to add them in the peerage since otherwise there is the risk of make a situation like the ones of Latia and Iryuka that seem characters to which the plot really don't have any need.