AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-07-16, 08:55   Link #81
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
Maybe they forgot to mention that a decent anti virus tool should prevent this from happening
Yeah your right they lack Anti virus I think they only have Micro office thing? I was just unlucky all the good computers are taken only the old computers remain..
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 10:51   Link #82
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Yeah your right they lack Anti virus I think they only have Micro office thing? I was just unlucky all the good computers are taken only the old computers remain..
By 'they' you mean the Ubuntu PCs at school? I'd say they have few reasons to worry about. I already talked about this in another thread, but the possibility of there being a loose virus for a specific distribution of Linux is too low. Most of times you're better off with a hardware firewall (a router) and a software firewall to protect against direct attacks.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 07:14   Link #83
toru310

I see...

Another question when I turned on my computer my Internet connection is in an "X" state and well the modem and router is on and I can surf the net...I restarted my pc and Its connected I mean the small tv's in the buttom is not "X"...Is this a bug or something in windows? currently running a SP2 uptodate windows OS..
Old 2007-07-17, 07:47   Link #84
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Why do you suggest assume that this disabled network connection is related to your internet connection? Maybe you have two or more network devices and only one of them was disabled (or could not connect or was otherwise out of order).

Here you can see my task bar icons... two disabled network devices but the third one with the internet connection is on:

Remember that devices such as Firewire and WLAN count as network devices too (sometimes even blue tooth devices).

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-07-17 at 08:07. Reason: -suggest +assume (my english sucks big time)
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 05:00   Link #85
toru310

I don't have any devises aside from the lan(internet) and well after I rebooted it its back and running again..it bothers me because it weird..
Old 2007-07-18, 06:46   Link #86
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Mhm, maybe it is on DHCP and could not properly do a hand shake with the DHCP server. Did you try to fix the internet connection before rebooting? I mean this will often help in such a case and is much faster done then a reboot. Just right click on the deactivated symbol with the mouse then open the network connections window go to the disabled device right click again and choose repair/fix.
Old 2007-07-18, 09:54   Link #87
toru310

even with the "X" mark I can still surf the net...I turned on and off the modem and well the Icon didn't change its still X.
Old 2007-07-18, 13:45   Link #88
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Then it cannot be related to the internet connection. I wonder what it is though if you say you've only one network device. Btw. tuening on and off a modem (DHCP server) would not solve the X on the client side, the repair connection thing I mentioned before has to be done.
Though it does not seem to be very critical since the functions you need work fine. And thus lets apply the rule never fix a running system
Old 2007-07-19, 08:48   Link #89
toru310

Amen.

BTW I have two EIDE hard drives and I noticed that my pc has to sata ports can I still add another hard drive in my pc but this time a sata drive or will it over load the power supply? or is it just impossible?
Old 2007-07-19, 09:49   Link #90
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Ah honestly that depends very much on how much your current power supply can supply power for the 12V stuff and how much of this is already drawn by existing devices in your PC. The first information is shown in a diagram that is printed on the PSU (there you can see how much current is possible for a stable 12V supply current*voltage = power). The components in your PC... estimate the CPU with like max. 60W the graphics card with 10 to 50W depending on the model that is used (the more powerful the more power it draws from the PSU, especially those with additional connectors to the PSU). And then add each hard drive with up to ~10W. Then you do the math and look if there is another 10W for an additional hdd available.

(I used rough estimates here... if you google for the power consumptions of your actual components you might find better/more exact values)

And basically you need only look for CPU, graphics card and hdds, since that are the main power drainers for the 12V supply line.
Old 2007-07-20, 07:04   Link #91
toru310

AHh isee..

OMG i'm so unlucky I'm was transferring my files(.avi format) from C to D and the first season was a success in the transferring now after the mins and seconds was done there was an error like this(the image)...weird thing is that I didn't open anything this just happened. The only thing that I was doing that time was Yahoo messenger so what I"m asking is that will the files get corrupt when the error occurs? And well I checked the file and it seems to play..

heres the link

Could there be a deep meaning in this and will this endanger my files in my data drive D: ? Ahh major headache

Can there be a reason why this happened? Any sign of data risk?? sorry sorry don't know what to do again..
Old 2007-07-20, 10:56   Link #92
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Was it a message similar to that or exactly like that? If it was that message, then you or explorer were not able to remove/delete it, because there was still an open handle on the file. And as long as it is marked for reading or writing or executing you cannot delete it. I think after a reboot this should be fixed, and you can delete it manually.
Since it is about not being able to delete something, you don't need to fear data inconsistencies and the like (at least not based on this warning alone).

I assume explorer tried to delete the files from C after they were copied to D
Old 2007-07-20, 14:26   Link #93
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Have a bittorrent client open? Are you torrenting Lyrical Nanoha A's? Perhaps your client is working in the background and is try to read from or write to that directory. Does your client display an icon in your task bar when it's running? (Azureus displays its purple frog, for instance.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 19:14   Link #94
toru310

Well I did manual hash check and after that I deleted the torrent(but saved a copy) and moved it to the other drive..and yes the reboot fixed it...
Old 2007-07-28, 09:42   Link #95
toru310

Ermm sorry but..a similar problem again occurred just like this
Quote:
So I was transferring Images from drive C: to drive D: after the transfer an error telling can't delete "folder" used by other program..well I'm asking this because this ain't media files but JPG files can the files get affected if that kind of error occurred? Are JPG files more sensitive than Media files?? because I transfer the folder to a folder with lots of images and it will be a waste if one of them gets corrupt..hope note..
Old 2007-07-28, 10:50   Link #96
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

No the files behave equal in the mentioned issue (any data does). If you want to delete the folder, make sure you do not have an explorer window of that folder open.
Old 2007-07-28, 11:18   Link #97
toru310

I see so basically my JPG files won't get corrupt if I don't touch them?

Also what causes them to get corrupt? can it get corrupt with errors alone?
Old 2007-07-29, 03:44   Link #98
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

That really depends on the error. If it is an error the that doesn't allow to remove/delete something it can hardly harm your files. Its just that the file is either still used somewhere or is at least marked as being used somewhere. The only problem with this is, that you cannot delete the file. So if a file becomes corrupted or not is also a matter of the type of error that occured.
Old 2007-08-03, 00:22   Link #99
toru310

If your pc crash can it be seen in event viewer or something?
Old 2007-08-03, 07:26   Link #100
toru310

I'm planning of burning another memtest cd. So is it advisable to download the latest version? or should I stick with the previews ones? Because with the incident I post above I might have problems with my ram and this time I will determine it more professionally.

I will be also needing help with the burning because I searched the web 'google" and found out that when you execute your burned memtest it goes to a black screen and it will result to you restarting your pc..its stated here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/232441-30-memtest