AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 15:06   Link #41
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
l.kostas do you know the name of this manga?
http://manhua.178.com/ncnzqgbctj/
I believe that is Otoko o Misete yo Kurata-kun!.
Old 2012-06-23, 00:14   Link #42
l.kostas

Quote:
thanx but i recall in the LN that he has scars on all his body something ugly no?
l.kostas do you know the name of this manga?
http://manhua.178.com/ncnzqgbctj/
It is Otoko o Misete yo Kurata-kun!.

At the light novel there is a desription of his scars, but I don't think there are any illustrations showing that there. The scar at his head was supposed to be bigger, but they don't show that at the manga.

Reviews at amazon-jp from people who have the volumes. Because they are in Japanese you can use http://translate.google.com .

http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-revi...DateDescending
http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

Last edited by l.kostas; 2012-06-26 at 14:28.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 18:14   Link #43
blade82

i found this scene in the LN vol1 chap3:

"Through his hair, the older girl could see the ugly scar still present on his scalp. The marks from surgery spread down to the neck of his T-shirt, running down even to his shoulders. He wondered if he ought to pull down his blue-jeans to show them the long stitch-scars running down his thighs to the knees. "

so my question is what surgery leave all this scars its crazy
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 00:33   Link #44
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
i found this scene in the LN vol1 chap3:

"Through his hair, the older girl could see the ugly scar still present on his scalp. The marks from surgery spread down to the neck of his T-shirt, running down even to his shoulders. He wondered if he ought to pull down his blue-jeans to show them the long stitch-scars running down his thighs to the knees. "

so my question is what surgery leave all this scars its crazy
if he had THAT much, then it means he was in critical condition for his body to be messed up like something just went up and destroyed it.
Old 2012-06-29, 05:54   Link #45
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
If he had THAT much, then it means he was in critical condition for his body to be messed up like something just went up and destroyed it.
Didn't notice when the thread had started up again, sorry about that...

Anyway, one of the premises of the story, after all, is that he nearly died in the accident, to the point where a portion of his soul left him and now exists as a ghost, watching over all that is happening. That portion of his soul contains the memories he lost.

As far as I've translated the LN, Banri is currently of divided mind about recovering those memories. He views the Banri of before as a different person now, and fears that if he were to recover his memories, his current self would effectively die.

From what I've read of the publisher's blurbs about the books that I haven't gotten to yet, it seems that in volume 4 there will be an occasion in which his memories will be restored for a short while, leading to yet more complications.

Don't ask me for details regarding what is to come. I am reading the books as I translate them, and I normally discover things during the transcription phase. I rarely transcribe more than two pages ahead of what I've translated. Right this instant, for example, I transcribed volume 2, pages 66 & 67 the other night, finished translating page 66 last night and hope to do page 67 today. That means I have no idea what goes on in page 68.

UPDATE: FWIW, the scene with the scars is in chapter 4 of the manga, which should be coming out any day now. We're quibbling over some minor details of translation right now...

Last edited by rpapo; 2012-06-29 at 06:07. Reason: Grammar.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 10:36   Link #46
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
Didn't notice when the thread had started up again, sorry about that...

Anyway, one of the premises of the story, after all, is that he nearly died in the accident, to the point where a portion of his soul left him and now exists as a ghost, watching over all that is happening. That portion of his soul contains the memories he lost.

As far as I've translated the LN, Banri is currently of divided mind about recovering those memories. He views the Banri of before as a different person now, and fears that if he were to recover his memories, his current self would effectively die.

From what I've read of the publisher's blurbs about the books that I haven't gotten to yet, it seems that in volume 4 there will be an occasion in which his memories will be restored for a short while, leading to yet more complications.

Don't ask me for details regarding what is to come. I am reading the books as I translate them, and I normally discover things during the transcription phase. I rarely transcribe more than two pages ahead of what I've translated. Right this instant, for example, I transcribed volume 2, pages 66 & 67 the other night, finished translating page 66 last night and hope to do page 67 today. That means I have no idea what goes on in page 68.

UPDATE: FWIW, the scene with the scars is in chapter 4 of the manga, which should be coming out any day now. We're quibbling over some minor details of translation right now...
so you're active on the LN? nice.

so its like that personality he has is a fragment of his original self and did Kouko and Mitsuo make up?
Old 2012-06-29, 10:51   Link #47
rpapo

Quote:
So you're active on the LN? nice.
I've been working with Baka-Tsuki as a way to improve my Japanese. I started working on Toradora Spinoff at the end of 2009, and started working on Golden Time the day I received it, in October 2010. It took me 16 months to finish the first book. After doing the first chapter of the spinoff, I returned to volume 2 and continue to work on it.

Quote:
So its like that personality he has is a fragment of his original self and did Kouko and Mitsuo make up?
Kouko and Mitsuo have emphatically not made up, at least not at this point (halfway through book 2 chapter 1). Banri has discovered that Linda was once his girlfriend, before he lost his memory, but is mystified as to why she has said nothing, and afraid to ask her why. Perhaps because he feels a certain obligation to his former existence, he has "broken up" with Kouko, thinking he should be more loyal to Linda, but has not properly explained it to Kouko and remains friends with her at her insistence.

We are given vague hints as to why Linda has not said anything, but nothing definite. You could get the impression she thought that Banri had some growing up to do before she could commit to him . . . and then the accident happened, conveniently erasing his memories. So now she has the chance to reconnect with him, or not, depending on how things go and what she feels. She repeatedly pokes him with comments and reminders about needing to remember.

There is a scene in the first book where Banri is asleep, but the phone is ringing softly with a call from Linda. Banri doesn't awake, but his ghost sees it all . . . and is utterly unable to do anything to get Banri to wake up and answer the phone.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:29   Link #48
ZeKeR
Superbad

that or the high chance of her being a key that fits in the lock concerning Banri being literally on the thread of death back then and she still acts guilty or some sort.

most i can probably hypothesize is that she's distancing away lest he receive backlash from sudden memory recall or he not the same guy she knew anymore.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:39   Link #49
rpapo

Quote:
that or the high chance of her being a key that fits in the lock concerning Banri being literally on the thread of death back then and she still acts guilty or some sort.

most i can probably hypothesize is that she's distancing away lest he receive backlash from sudden memory recall or he not the same guy she knew anymore.
All of which are possibilities. The author may know all, but we don't. I know that Banri and Linda were often at the bridge where he had his accident, probably on a daily basis.

Just found an interesting page about the real bridge. You will see many things in this page that are described in the prologue to volume 1.

Horai Bashi - World's Longest Wooden Bridge
Old 2012-06-29, 20:16   Link #50
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
All of which are possibilities. The author may know all, but we don't. I know that Banri and Linda were often at the bridge where he had his accident, probably on a daily basis.

Just found an interesting page about the real bridge. You will see many things in this page that are described in the prologue to volume 1.

Horai Bashi - World's Longest Wooden Bridge
lets wait for the author to fess up some hints in v5 then. XD
Old 2012-06-29, 23:04   Link #51
rpapo

Quote:
lets wait for the author to fess up some hints in v5 then. XD
Or quicker. Remember, I know precious little about what happens after volume 2, page 67 (which I posted earlier in the evening).
Old 2012-07-03, 06:41   Link #52
rpapo

Chapter 4 has been posted to batoto.com.
Old 2012-07-03, 13:08   Link #53
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ch 4 is quite good I'd say, points at what has happened in Banri's past and that is certainly a interesting point now, looking forward to that.
Can't help but think Banri and Kouko are a great "couple", they sync so well and look good together, altho it helps massively that Kouko is simply stunningly beautiful!
Also seems you gotta be careful of what part to let her play, you would never think she could say such a thing but god that makes her character all the more amusing

And Harry Potter?!
Old 2012-07-03, 14:04   Link #54
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Someone tell me that this series has NTR !!

If anyone finished reading it please tell me know. I hate NTR :<
Old 2012-07-03, 15:36   Link #55
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
Someone tell me that this series has NTR !!

If anyone finished reading it please tell me know. I hate NTR :<
I have yet to see any reviews or commentaries in English of anything beyond what I myself have translated. There has been no trace of betrayal so far, and frankly, Takemiya being who she is, I would be surprised to find it.

Misunderstandings, jealousy and everything else to be found in a romantic comedy, but not betrayal. What's more, this series is considered romantic comedy by the publisher and by the author. Betrayal is not usually funny stuff.

FWIW, there is a reader over on MyAnimeList who claims to have read all four volumes, and rated the series 9 of 10. If so, he/she must have read it in Japanese. That person's native language appears to be French, though.
Old 2012-07-06, 13:03   Link #56
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I have yet to see any reviews or commentaries in English of anything beyond what I myself have translated. There has been no trace of betrayal so far, and frankly, Takemiya being who she is, I would be surprised to find it.

Misunderstandings, jealousy and everything else to be found in a romantic comedy, but not betrayal. What's more, this series is considered romantic comedy by the publisher and by the author. Betrayal is not usually funny stuff.

FWIW, there is a reader over on MyAnimeList who claims to have read all four volumes, and rated the series 9 of 10. If so, he/she must have read it in Japanese. That person's native language appears to be French, though.
well.. good thing there's none of the NTR issues (that kurosawa fap-forgot the title manga still haunts my brain) since a romance heavy themed LN having that will burn the readers. BIG TIME.

man I am starting to wish that those childhood friends should finally reconcile
Old 2012-07-06, 13:25   Link #57
rpapo

Quote:
well.. good thing there's none of the NTR issues (that kurosawa fap-forgot the title manga still haunts my brain) since a romance heavy themed LN having that will burn the readers. BIG TIME.

man I am starting to wish that those childhood friends should finally reconcile
Well, if anybody's got Takemiya-san's e-mail address so I can ask her myself, I'd be glad to have it. Lacking that, though, you have three choices: (1) learn Japanese and read it yourself, (2) convince some English-language publisher to license the books, translate them professionally and publish them in English, or (3) wait for me and my cohorts at Baka-Tsuki to translate them. All three options involve years of waiting or working, take your pick.
Old 2012-07-06, 17:45   Link #58
blade82

i vote 3/ and thanx for your very hard works
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:07   Link #59
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:

Thank you very much, Im now could read it freely.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:35   Link #60
EvI

i just started reading this novel and i think it was really good,in the begining was hard to understand since the point of view is from his own spirit, and since i readed the manga first it was hard to adapt to this kind of things,...
i'm really looking forward for volume 2 ;D

@btdk
who is the girl from you signature?and from where is she?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen