AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 02:55   Link #621
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

That's a shame, really. And just when things were beginning to completely get heated up!
Old 2012-09-10, 02:58   Link #622
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
That's a shame, really. And just when things were beginning to completely get heated up!
Ya I know...just when it's kotori's turn too >=(, guess i will just have to keep waiting for either the translator or when its the official release in chinese lol
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 03:05   Link #623
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Ya I know...just when it's kotori's turn too >=(, guess i will just have to keep waiting for either the translator or when its the official release in chinese lol
Good luck to that!

Also, regarding

Quote:
Edit* ハルヴァンヘレヴ"? ( sry can't read japanese ) I think she was going nuts in volume 1 due to the supposedly "death" of Shidou, rather than the fact that her power is making her go crazy. So if there is a way for her to use her power, she probably won't go nuts as long as Shidou is by her side.
This is my bad for addressing it this late, but considering this happens in Volume 4:
Spoiler:

Either way, I'd still love to see Princess vs Nightmare the rematch!

Considering that ASTs are beginning to put up more and more of a fight (Ellen was dominating the battle in Vol. 5, or so I heard), it wouldn't be far-off to have the seireis access their powers. Of course, that might just be an excuse for me simply wanting to see them in their full 霊装 glory. ;_;
Old 2012-09-10, 03:11   Link #624
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Good luck to that!

Also, regarding

This is my bad for addressing it this late, but considering this happens in Volume 4:
Spoiler:

Either way, I'd still love to see Princess vs Nightmare the rematch!

Considering that ASTs are beginning to put up more and more of a fight (Ellen was dominating the battle in Vol. 5, or so I heard), it wouldn't be far-off to have the seireis access their powers. Of course, that might just be an excuse for me simply wanting to see them in their full 霊装 glory. ;_;
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-10, 03:18   Link #625
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Spoiler for LN:
It wasn't really leaking out during the battle with Nightmare. Efreet completely took her power back from Shidou, without his awareness nor consent. He spends the entirety of Volume 4 without the regeneration ability because of this. Efreet's healing ability wasn't so much a side effect because Efreet was just so much stronger, as it was a passive ability (think of RPGs with active and passive abilities).

It's possible that whatever special passive abilities the seirei have, Shidou also benefits from those abilities the moment he seals them. Not so much leaking out but as a sort of inheritance, I assume.

Maybe Tohka's passive ability is her stupidity, and Shidou also inherited that LOL
Old 2012-09-10, 03:21   Link #626
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
It wasn't really leaking out during the battle with Nightmare. Efreet completely took her power back from Shidou, without his awareness nor consent. He spends the entirety of Volume 4 without the regeneration ability because of this. Efreet's healing ability wasn't so much a side effect as it was a passive ability (think of RPGs with active and passive abilities).

It's possible that whatever special passive abilities the seirei have, Shidou also benefits from those abilities the moment he seals them. Not so much leaking out but as a sort of inheritance, I assume.

Maybe Tohka's passive ability is her stupidity, and Shidou also inherited that LOL
Lol if that's true i wonder what yoshino's ability is lol.....kurumi's cloning ability would be useful XD Clone self as then proceed to making more seirei fall in love with him faster, and it have the benefit of giving each seirei one Shidou so they don't have to fight over him XD
Old 2012-09-10, 03:23   Link #627
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol if that's true i wonder what yoshino's ability is lol.....kurumi's cloning ability would be useful XD Clone self as then proceed to making more seirei fall in love with him faster, and it have the benefit of giving each seirei one Shidou so they don't have to fight over him XD
Nightmare's duplication ability is more active than passive, though; she has to actively create the clones. That would be funny though.

I bet Yoshino's ability is lolicon hoihoi LOL. Poor Yoshino needs more love, though. Maybe there'll be another loli seirei she can be friends with!
Old 2012-09-10, 03:33   Link #628
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Nightmare's duplication ability is more active than passive, though; she has to actively create the clones. That would be funny though.

I bet Yoshino's ability is lolicon hoihoi LOL. Poor Yoshino needs more love, though. Maybe there'll be another loli seirei she can be friends with!
Lol the only one close to that i can think of is kotori XD, the twins sure don't look like lolis >_>
Old 2012-09-10, 03:50   Link #629
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Well, it's finally here!

I'd love to read it...but I still have Vanadis 2-5 to finish. ;_;

Also, 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 in that pic is done by the same author as Vanadis, Tsukasa Kawaguchi. XD
Old 2012-09-10, 03:51   Link #630
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Lol I read 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 up to vol 3 XD what a coincidence~ btw what's that small funfun book with the twins on it at the side XD
Old 2012-09-10, 03:55   Link #631
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Just promotional materials, really. The small booklet with the manga art in it has some hilarious gags based on the manga adaptation, though I don't really like manga adaptations that much.

How was 千の魔剣と盾の乙女? I was interested enough to purchase up to Volume 8 (which comes out this September 20ish, though I'm hoping honto ships it to me earlier) as I'm a big sucker for swords and medieval fantasy. I liked most of what I read from Volume 1, though admittedly I haven't read very far.

I'd at least like to think of my purchase of 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 1-8 as support for Kawaguchi Tsukasa; Vanadis is doing pretty well, after all.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:59   Link #632
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Just promotional materials, really. The small booklet with the manga art in it has some hilarious gags based on the manga adaptation, though I don't really like manga adaptations that much.

How was 千の魔剣と盾の乙女? I was interested enough to purchase up to Volume 8 (which comes out this September 20ish, though I'm hoping honto ships it to me earlier) as I'm a big sucker for swords and medieval fantasy. I liked most of what I read from Volume 1, though admittedly I haven't read very far.

I'd at least like to think of my purchase of 千の魔剣と盾の乙女 1-8 as support for Kawaguchi Tsukasa; Vanadis is doing pretty well, after all.

千の魔剣と盾の乙女 was quite to my taste, only read the first three vol but it was quite good, the typical rpg setting really,killing the maou is the goal, travelling to other cities, it was quite interesting, I think it's heading for a harem as well tho >_>
Old 2012-09-10, 04:04   Link #633
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
千の魔剣と盾の乙女 was quite to my taste, only read the first three vol but it was quite good, the typical rpg setting really,killing the maou is the goal, travelling to other cities, it was quite interesting, I think it's heading for a harem as well tho >_>
I've checked some reviews of the volumes up to 8, and while Rach does have a harem, apparently it's limited to only Phil, Nagi and Elicia, which is a good thing in my opinion. Keeps the flow of the story and the characters consistent!

Plus, I'm a sucker for that kind of story too. I like it when it's relatively simple and takes a back-to-basics approach. Getting a bit off-topic though, so...

Quote:
Lol the only one close to that i can think of is kotori XD, the twins sure don't look like lolis >_>
There's still some unrevealed seirei, maybe one of them might be a loli! Hahaha.
Old 2012-09-10, 04:06   Link #634
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
I've checked some reviews of the volumes up to 8, and while Rach does have a harem, apparently it's limited to only Phil, Nagi and Elicia, which is a good thing in my opinion. Keeps the flow of the story and the characters consistent!

Plus, I'm a sucker for that kind of story too. I like it when it's relatively simple and takes a back-to-basics approach. Getting a bit off-topic though, so...

There's still some unrevealed seirei, maybe one of them might be a loli! Hahaha.
Lol cross my finger for no "character type clash" tho lol
Old 2012-09-10, 10:32   Link #635
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol cross my finger for no "character type clash" tho lol
I'm also crossing my fingers for Mana's safe return. I hope she doesn't get brainwashed or something and ends up fighting against Shidou and his harem of seireis!
Old 2012-09-10, 13:11   Link #636
yuiichi9

Quote:
I'm also crossing my fingers for Mana's safe return. I hope she doesn't get brainwashed or something and ends up fighting against Shidou and his harem of seireis!
What do you refer to when you said "Mana's safe return"? Does shidou known mana is his sister? If so, how they relationship change? Who is the Princess?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 14:18   Link #637
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
What do you refer to when you said "Mana's safe return"? Does shidou known mana is his sister? If so, how they relationship change? Who is the Princess?
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-09-10, 16:47   Link #638
yuiichi9

Thanks for the info. Is mana older or younger than shidou? Can the spirits give birth? If so, shidou might have some kids and leave a legacy as the first human to have kids with spirits lol .
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:30   Link #639
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Thanks for the info. Is mana older or younger than shidou? Can the spirits give birth? If so, shidou might have some kids and leave a legacy as the first human to have kids with spirits lol .
Can they give birth? That I have no idea.....Pretty sure she is younger than Shidou
Old 2012-09-10, 19:31   Link #640
EvI

wait so efreet is like a double personality within kotori?
so she is the one that uses the black ribbon?
she falls for shidou or her sealing was forced?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy