AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-03, 11:26   Link #1
Super Ska Master

Jump Ultimate Stars

I am not sure if this goes here, but it is an ANIME fighting game.

The second edition of the greatest DS game ever! I don't see any new characters though. It is supposed to be online though.

/Mod Edit: Please don't post such a large picture. Thanks.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-08-03 at 12:13.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 12:39   Link #2
Zeifear

Looks pretty good, might be worth taking a look at... except for Bobobo is in there... do you have any more info on it?
Zeifear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:29   Link #3
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeifear
Looks pretty good, might be worth taking a look at... except for Bobobo is in there... do you have any more info on it?
What's wrong with Bobobo? It's pretty funny for a while. I wish I could find a fansub so it's not cheesy like in the dub. I don't currently have any information on it. I am hoping they will add a lot of new characters. I was surprised there weren't more playable characters from Bleach, Yu yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin. I really wish One Peice wasn't in the game. I can't stand that peice of shit. Why does it need Six playable characters? Naruto only has four.
Old 2006-08-03, 13:37   Link #4
Zeifear

I agree about One Piece, I mean I like it and all but six charecters is over doing it. They need more Naruto/Bleach/Kenshins. (And personally I hate the thought of Dragonball charecters being with any other anime, not just because I don't like it but because they should or would be overpowered)
Zeifear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 18:15   Link #5
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Alot of people call it the Super Smash Brothers of DS from what I heard. Its on the top import lists also. That Quedan And Bleach
Old 2006-08-03, 23:09   Link #6
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto
Alot of people call it the Super Smash Brothers of DS from what I heard. Its on the top import lists also. That Quedan And Bleach
I have Ouendan. It is a great game. Jump Superstars is a lot better though.

But anyway, I found out that the scan says that there will be 300 characters and it will be online. This is twice as many as the 150 in the original. So anyone wanna speculate on any popular series that might be added? I was thinking Beat the Vandal buster may be included.

I think there should also be more playable characters from Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Black Cat, and any other mangas that only have one playable characters. I would also love it if they let you play as people from the sports mangas. (Or Hikaru no go and death note somehow)
Old 2006-08-04, 22:49   Link #7
chrno_the_sinner

I'm hoping for more BLEACH, just for the sheer amount of characters introduced. Also, I think Beet is running in monthly Jump, likely excluding it from the game, since I don't recall any characters appearing from monthly Jump in the first game. I think it will likely just expand on the series it has, adding some of the classic ones, like Kinikuman. There will probably be a LOT more support characters as well, which are all pretty much useless anyways.

I have the first one, and can't wait for the second. The online play will be cool too.... once I finally get a Wi-Fi adapter.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 23:42   Link #8
Busaiku Chama
爆発

In Jump! Ultimate Stars there are now 40 Playable characters (13 more than the previous game) and 300 Support characters (150 more from the previous game).
EDIT: Didn't catch Super Ska Master's full post (but I don't think the playable characters were mentioned).
Old 2006-08-04, 23:56   Link #9
Super Ska Master

I heard the scan said 40 series, not characters. You are probably right though.
Old 2006-08-09, 02:09   Link #10
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
In Jump! Ultimate Stars there are now 40 Playable characters (13 more than the previous game) and 300 Support characters (150 more from the previous game).
Actually, there were 34 playable character in JSS. However, there were 27 serieses represented in the game, so that's probaably what you're thinking of.

As for new playable characters, I have a feeling that:
Spoiler for One Piece:

Will be a playable character.

Hopefully, they'll make villans playable characters. In which case, I would really like to see:
Spoiler:
among others to be in the game.
Zython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 12:25   Link #11
Super Ska Master

One Peice doesn't deserve more playable characters. It is such a bad series. It doesn't deserve to be in the game at all.
Old 2006-08-09, 18:10   Link #12
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

That's really a subjective opinion, though, isn't it?

Personally, I liked the 14 or so episodes of One Piece I saw. I love Bobobo, too. Can't stand Naruto. Still, I wouldn't begrudge the large number of Naruto fans its place in a game like this.
Old 2006-08-09, 19:32   Link #13
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
One Peice doesn't deserve more playable characters. It is such a bad series. It doesn't deserve to be in the game at all.
Die. Die in fire. That's all I have to say about that.
Zython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 23:13   Link #14
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zython
Die. Die in fire. That's all I have to say about that.
Die. Die in a fire for liking a bad series with bad art and bad characters.
Old 2006-08-12, 04:04   Link #15
WhiteOni

As for new characters(some which haven't been mentioned already), I would hope for (even though i don't think it'll happen) Edward Elric and a few villains from the Full Metal Alchemists manga. That would be nice!

Maybe also some of the characters from Mai Hime would be ideal!
WhiteOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 09:54   Link #16
nightbringer360

They're from different manga.
Fullmetal Alchemist is serialised in Gangan (I think) magazine, and as for Mai Hime ... I think that's a Sunrise property.

Nothing wrong with One Piece, the characters are fun, although I don't think there'd be many more. However, I'd like to see more BLEACH character in this time ... and maybe some more Kenshin ones - make Hajime Saitoh a fighter character instead of just an assist!
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 12:46   Link #17
Super Ska Master

No, One Peice is terrible. Period.
Old 2006-08-12, 14:46   Link #18
hoon
7ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
No, One Peice is terrible. Period.
What are you, 10? Stop presenting opinions like they are fact. Bad art? This might sound generic but I will use it for the argument sake: I'd like to see you try and draw better. You don't even know what "bad art" even means.

Back to the subject.

I'm hoping for more characters from Bleach, as well.

Spoiler for Bleach manga characters:
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 17:10   Link #19
Alchemar

I really enjoyed JSS, but I'd hardly call it the best DS game ever, although I've only played it single player.

Wifi will fix the main problem with JSS, being that the single player was really easy and not overly long, and finding people to play against is near impossible for me at least, so JUS should be really good. I just hope they don't add more D.O.N characters and focus on the manga which weren't as well represented, such as Bleach, Black Cat and Kenshin.

As far as Bleach goes I wouldn't expect any bad guys, maybe Ishida, Renji and Hitsugaya.
Alchemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 17:38   Link #20
Busaiku Chama
爆発

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zython
Actually, there were 34 playable character in JSS. However, there were 27 serieses represented in the game, so that's probaably what you're thinking of.

As for new playable characters, I have a feeling that:
Spoiler for One Piece:

Will be a playable character.

Hopefully, they'll make villans playable characters. In which case, I would really like to see:
Spoiler:
among others to be in the game.
I see, I've never actually played the original myself, however this is just what I've seen posted on various gaming forums.