AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-10-28, 08:51   Link #3921
Shadow5YA

Gion is the most well known Kyoto district for geishas, so I don't think there's any doubt about Kaguya's mother's occupation now.

Well... I'm glad Hayasaka is having fun at least
Old 2021-10-28, 11:23   Link #3922
James Rye

Kaguya was the daughter of a prostitute. Was this ever hinted before? Or implied at? I don't remember.

Also...
*Kaguya worrying about cow tits Fujiwara stealing her bf when the real danger was sneaky rat Hayasaka all along.*
HA!
I bet if Kaguya knew that Hayasaka is living together with Prez she'd be more worried about that than him being kidnapped. XD
Old 2021-10-28, 12:25   Link #3923
WingedAccelerator

Prostitute outright was not stated, but we knew Kaguya was an illegitimate child, result of an affair, and her mother was badmouthed by her classmates, so she was most likely a lowly commoner by their standards.
Old 2021-10-28, 15:22   Link #3924
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 242:
Well, DNA test already existed when Kaguya was a baby, so it wouldn't be difficult to know whether Kaguya was Gan'an's daughter or not.

At the end, Kaguya could become another tool for the Shinomiyas. So, Gan'an just accepted her for that.
Old 2021-10-28, 15:28   Link #3925
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Kaguya was the daughter of a prostitute. Was this ever hinted before? Or implied at? I don't remember.

Also...
*Kaguya worrying about cow tits Fujiwara stealing her bf when the real danger was sneaky rat Hayasaka all along.*
HA!
I bet if Kaguya knew that Hayasaka is living together with Prez she'd be more worried about that than him being kidnapped. XD
In fairness, she's worried plenty about Hayasaka too.
Old 2021-10-28, 18:10   Link #3926
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
Well, DNA test already existed when Kaguya was a baby, so it wouldn't be difficult to know whether Kaguya was Gan'an's daughter or not.

At the end, Kaguya could become another tool for the Shinomiyas. So, Gan'an just accepted her for that.
That's not the issue. The issue is her mother being a prostitute. Plenty in the family must consider Kaguya unworthy of bearing the Shinomiya name.
Old 2021-10-29, 00:02   Link #3927
Lex79

If the Shinomiya group was consolidated under the charisma of a talented man, it's plausible that without that man us now falling apart. The interesting part now is how the Shijos would deal with Kaguya, as a victim who needs saving or as another potential rival that must be crushed?
President living with Hayasaka is not a development I was expecting, I'm curious to see how it will play. I assume lots of misunderstandings.
Old 2021-10-29, 06:48   Link #3928
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's not the issue. The issue is her mother being a prostitute. Plenty in the family must consider Kaguya unworthy of bearing the Shinomiya name.
Yeah. It's mentioned many members of Shinomiya family (Gan'an included) are uncomfortable and don't know how to treat Kaguya due to her mother.

However, Gan'an knows that a daughter can be suitable for a political alliance through marriage. So, he likely sees a future benefit in accepting Kaguya into the family.

Once Gan'an accepted Kaguya, others couldn't object, since Gan'an seems to be pretty powerful. Not to mention that all Shinomiyas should know the "value" of a daughter (the reason for Kaguya's dissapearance in the current arc).

Last edited by Konja9; 2021-10-29 at 15:19.
Old 2021-10-29, 16:39   Link #3929
BWTraveller
Born to ship

There's Kaguya's potential use, but there's also perhaps some sense of morality or ethics: illegitimate, born from a paid dalliance, she may be but she's still his daughter. He may have felt like he had an obligation to provide for her. The fact that he had no idea what to do with her and just dumped her on another illegitimate child to raise in hopes he'd have a better idea what to do with her kind of suggests this.
Old 2021-10-29, 18:15   Link #3930
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
There's Kaguya's potential use, but there's also perhaps some sense of morality or ethics: illegitimate, born from a paid dalliance, she may be but she's still his daughter. He may have felt like he had an obligation to provide for her. The fact that he had no idea what to do with her and just dumped her on another illegitimate child to raise in hopes he'd have a better idea what to do with her kind of suggests this.
We'll probably never know what his intentions were, since he barely even has the strength left to speak.
Old 2021-10-30, 02:34   Link #3931
Konja9

Quote:
I've understood Un'yo isn't an ilegitimate son, since he is the son of Gan'an's second wife. Un'yo having a different mother seems to alienate him from his brothers, but he is still a legitimate son.

In itself, I think the chapter wants to imply that Gan'an mainly cares about Oko. That's why he is indifferent when Un'yo visits him in the hospital (Gan'an expected Oko).
Old 2021-10-30, 11:42   Link #3932
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Sorry yeah, he's legitimate, but he's still a step or two out from the "main" sons due to his being the son of his second wife. Point remains that in Gan'an's eyes he's kind of outside of the "main" heirs, and that this is at least a part of why he figured he'd be the one who would best know how to deal with a bastard child. Kind of makes it even more insulting toward Un'yo though. Like, "Crap, I knocked up a prostitute! I can't erase my own child but what the hell am I supposed to do with a wh&re's kid? Um, yeah you take care of her; you're kind of like a bastard yourself, you'll know how to handle it".
Old 2021-10-30, 19:36   Link #3933
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Sorry yeah, he's legitimate, but he's still a step or two out from the "main" sons due to his being the son of his second wife. Point remains that in Gan'an's eyes he's kind of outside of the "main" heirs, and that this is at least a part of why he figured he'd be the one who would best know how to deal with a bastard child. Kind of makes it even more insulting toward Un'yo though. Like, "Crap, I knocked up a prostitute! I can't erase my own child but what the hell am I supposed to do with a wh&re's kid? Um, yeah you take care of her; you're kind of like a bastard yourself, you'll know how to handle it".
He's also a step down because he's the youngest. Age also means seniority.
Old 2021-11-01, 13:38   Link #3934
WingedAccelerator

A really entertaining, completely comedic chapter. Looks like there is still time for that.

Spoiler for Chapter 243:
Old 2021-11-01, 19:29   Link #3935
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This sounds like a chapter straight from this manga's golden days.
Old 2021-11-01, 19:53   Link #3936
nikita22

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
A really entertaining, completely comedic chapter. Looks like there is still time for that.

Spoiler for Chapter 243:
so when Kaguya is in this horrible situation her best friend Betrayed her and her boyfriend is cheating on her. Truly great comedy. Poor Kaguya believes that her boyfriend loves her.
Old 2021-11-02, 03:41   Link #3937
WingedAccelerator

Don't worry. Mikado will take good care of Kaguya.
Old 2021-11-03, 00:28   Link #3938
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Man, that made me wished we have Kaguya sit-com spin-off where Hayasaka became Miyuki sister due to Papa Shirogane marriage with Hayasaka mother.

Old 2021-11-05, 07:34   Link #3939
Tenzen12

Kaguya was mistake, Hayasaka should have been real heroine.
Old 2021-11-05, 07:39   Link #3940
WingedAccelerator

So nitpicking time, but I seriously don't think Kei should just remember Hayasaka like this, when she saw her one time about 8 months ago through a tablet, from the front, and she had long hair with a braid. Even her expression was totally different. Now she saw her sideways through a door crack with short hair, but knew instantly? Guess Aka wanted to spare introductions, plus it flawed well with the overall breakup joke since Kei at that time thought Miyuki is in love with Hayasaka, since he is texting with her.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2021-11-05 at 08:48.
Closed Thread

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life