AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 22 13.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 8.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 11.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 23.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 9.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 8.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 8.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 11.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-09, 15:52   Link #41
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Honestly, I liked this episode.
I honestly don't care what gets cut out, as long at really key things are kept in and It's semi-good animation, I don't care.
9/10 just to piss everyone off
Old 2009-12-09, 15:57   Link #42
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for Review:

And this episode and others is why I hate how DEEN is complaining about not getting enough dvd sales. Because they hardly put in effort to make it look good both as an anime and an adaptation. Just because they thought Higurashi had done well despite all it's cut they thought Umineko would do just as well, maybe even greater, even when they keep stuff in. But it's not only about keeping it loyal it's also about characterization and generally making you feel for the characters.

Tl;Dr: Anime officially hits rock bottom. Go buy and play the VN. It's just not worth it. The next two episodes better being god tier amazing for all the crap in this episode.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:02   Link #43
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for Review:

And this episode and others is why I hate how DEEN is complaining about not getting enough dvd sales. Because they hardly put in effort to make it look good both as an anime and an adaptation. Just because they thought Higurashi had done well despite all it's cut they thought Umineko would do just as well, maybe even greater, even when they keep stuff in. But it's not only about keeping it loyal it's also about characterization and generally making you feel for the characters.

Tl;Dr: Anime officially hits rock bottom. Go buy and play the VN. It's just not worth it. The next two episodes better being god tier amazing for all the crap in this episode.
Hmm... like the first Twilight of this arc, the deaths aren't what I imagine. Rudolf was shot in the eye, and Eva's backside of her head was damaged only. I thought Jessica's head would practically crack open from a kick (not sliced).

Also, I think DEEN is just tryign to make the deaths more "epic"? Either way, the main theory is that they are killed! And I can't help but stare at Gaap's failed face.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:19   Link #44
Leinne
Who... am I?

AWFUL, that comes from a person who the lowest rate was a six in the very first ep
Spoiler for review:
Old 2009-12-09, 16:21   Link #45
Auria

Dunno, I think the cuts were not bad overall (not sure about the colored texts though) but it somehow managed to build up a negative tension inside me, failed to enjoy the episode.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:22   Link #46
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
Spoiler:
Grammar is weird in this sentence, but that's what the anime decided to do. In the VN she DID throw away the umbrella.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:26   Link #47
immblueversion

Expected cuts were expected. I guess I was less disappointed than I thought I would be.

I still believe the final two episodes will be more promising.

7/10
Old 2009-12-09, 16:33   Link #48
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
AWFUL, that comes from a person who the lowest rate was a six in the very first ep

COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY DISAPOINTING, worst important episode adapted after all, and I thought th 1st was bad.... 5/10 at most
If it was that bad, you would've rated it lower.

No, but I understand your pain. I just don't really care.

All that matters is that you've read the VN.

And maybe if we're lucky, Ryukishi07 will force DEEN to do a special anime-exclusive episode or arc in the future that fills some plot holes, like he did for Higurashi.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:33   Link #49
chronotrig

...I think I'll put my review in the spoilers thread because it's going to be incredibly negative when compared to the VN.

3/10, maybe 4/10 if I can be convinced about a few things.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-12-09, 16:36   Link #50
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
If it was that bad, you would've rated it lower.

No, but I understand your pain. I just don't really care.

All that matters is that you've read the VN.

And maybe if we're lucky, Ryukishi07 will force DEEN to do a special anime-exclusive episode or arc in the future that fills some plot holes, like he did for Higurashi.
OR, Deen's version will rot and burn, and maybe years down the line we'll get a TRUE adaptation.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:38   Link #51
tcaz2

Oh my god this episode was awful.

I just... I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. There's very, very little redeeming to this episode. 4/10, and that's being generous.

And DEEN wonders why no one is buying the DVDs and the ratings are bad...
Old 2009-12-09, 16:39   Link #52
Raneh
Storyteller

I liked the episode despite all its cuts.
Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2009-12-09, 16:39   Link #53
Vegitto-kun

I guess DEEN is thinking

not enough L5 faces thus we must destroy everything funny to maek it more serious businezz
Old 2009-12-09, 16:41   Link #54
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
I guess DEEN is thinking

not enough L5 faces thus we must destroy everything funny to maek it more serious businezz
I wish they'd have gotten it through their head that Umineko is not suppose to be an entirely SRS BSNS series.

I mean, it has bunny girls going around slaughtering people, geez...
Old 2009-12-09, 16:42   Link #55
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneh View Post
I liked the episode despite all its cuts.
Spoiler for thoughts:
The problem with what you're saying is that you're judging the merits of the episode separately from its merits as an adaptation.

There's a reason it's called Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, and that's why you should never judge it on its own, as it would not exist otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
I guess DEEN is thinking

Then it's incredibly stupid of them to take away Gaap's "OMGL5HIGUFACESSOKURAYZAY" face that she ORIGINALLY had. Hell, that's the sort of face Maria should have had all along.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:45   Link #56
Vegitto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
I wish they'd have gotten it through their head that Umineko is not suppose to be an entirely SRS BSNS series.

I mean, it has bunny girls going around slaughtering people, geez...
Exactly

they shoul of called it

When the fucked up faces cry
Old 2009-12-09, 16:46   Link #57
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I've been trying my best to enjoy it standalone ever since I stopped having a lot of expectations and I tried to detach myself from the novels (hence the relatively positive ratings lately), and I'm going to save a long, similar rant for the entire series for, well, the end of series thread, but I'll at least say that I generally agree with everything you're saying.

EDIT: For the record, my least favorite episode is either the first one or the one with the infamous "despaircoughing" (either 3 or 4, I don't remember :O)

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-09, 16:49   Link #58
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
OR, Deen's version will rot and burn, and maybe years down the line we'll get a TRUE adaptation.
Deen's adaptation will be over in two weeks anyway.

Umineko Chiru doesn't entirely count because, if an anime adaptation were made, it would be more of a sequel series than a second season.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:49   Link #59
Vegitto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Deen's adaptation will be over in two weeks anyway.
Untill they release the horror adaption of episode 5-6 and so on
Old 2009-12-09, 16:50   Link #60
MarthX

I don't think that face of Gaap is supposed to be a troll one.

It's a mischievous cat smile.
Closed Thread