AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 14:39   Link #3561
calorie

Well, for a while now, almost 2 months, I've been playing DragonVale on a daily basis. The attention to detail, the fact that it's hard but possible to get everything in the game without IAP and a decent amount of strategy is what will surely keep me playing it for a loooong time. With Glacier and Firefly dragons hatched, I've collected all the normal hybrids dragons in the game -- that leaves me with all the Opposite Element, Epic, Gemstone and Limited dragons (lotta work). Currently pursuing the Blue Fire, Frostfire, Plasma and Current.

Other than that, Temple Run 2. Stuck at level 8 with a lot of nasty achievements that take a lot of time to get.

Platform is Android by the way.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 00:30   Link #3562
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Put aside Street Fighter IV for now. I just suck at it.

Started my second run through on Catherine and Tales of Graces f. Flew threw the first 5 days on Catherine since I've already cleared it once. As for Tales of Graces f I finally started a new game+ after putting in about 80hrs on my first play through. With all the things that can carry over and with the other features you can get at the Grade shop it makes things a whole lot easier on the following run throughs. Been able to grab all the missing "Defeat **** in one minute" trophies that I've been missing.

Also finished my 4th run through of Fate/EXTRA with Caster. Can't wait to see her agian in CCC. (two more months!)
Old 2013-01-30, 00:55   Link #3563
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Just got done with DMC2, now going to play DMC1 for the 1,000th time.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 10:49   Link #3564
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Last weekend, I try to get closer to beating Atelier Totori Plus, but I wasted a lot of time since I couldn't beat the Flauschtraut and kept dying... I probably retried over 20+ times before I beaten it. I had to make stronger weapons and get down the pattern with the monster's most powerful attack before I could defeat it. Although I won't spoil it, but the truth regarding Totori's mother was heartbreaking, although the true ending says otherwise...

Aside from that, I screwed up the triggering for Mimi's ending, so probably Rorona's ending is fesible since my Alchemy level is at 46 and I can get it to level 50.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:09   Link #3565
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
3DS: Started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening since yesterday morning.... and it's been REALLY hard to put down. Thinking on it now... I think I could easily put this as my favourite FE out so far (just barely beating Path of Radiance though). When I can manage to pull myself off of this game, I'd really like to give Crimson Shroud a try. The whole D&D style gameplay had me really intruiged, so I'd like to put some time into it~

PS3: Still working through Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, but because someone close to me needed help with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP, I decided to get back into my copy on the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. After somewhat helping her with it, I noticed how terribly behind I was in this version, so I'll probably continue on that for awhile before heading back to Ni no Kuni.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:29   Link #3566
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
3DS: Started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening since yesterday morning.... and it's been REALLY hard to put down. Thinking on it now... I think I could easily put this as my favourite FE out so far (just barely beating Path of Radiance though). When I can manage to pull myself off of this game, I'd really like to give Crimson Shroud a try. The whole D&D style gameplay had me really intruiged, so I'd like to put some time into it~
Well I'm playing these two games right now, lol. FE is indeed very impressive. Crimson Shroud is okay. I probably wouldn't have bought it could I do it over again, but at least my curiosity regarding the game has been satiated, lol. I mean, it's okay, just a little abstract for my liking I suppose; a little dry...

I'm also sort of playing Path of Exile ongoing... on my 3rd or 4th Witch character, lol... the only class I like aesthetically.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 23:40   Link #3567
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

A Fair bit

Phantasy Star Portable 2
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
Queens Gate Spiral Chaos.

Just jumping between those.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:57   Link #3568
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

PS3: Still working through Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, but because someone close to me needed help with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP, I decided to get back into my copy on the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. After somewhat helping her with it, I noticed how terribly behind I was in this version, so I'll probably continue on that for awhile before heading back to Ni no Kuni.
Nobody told me Fire Emblem had such a following. Last time I'd heard, it was one of Nintendo's hidden gems that more people should have been playing. I mean, I got into it before Advance Wars, which more people were talking to me about at the time. As such, stores that had stock of this game are all out at the moment, and maybe it's even because of the distribution error. Might just buy a digital copy, but then I can't trade it back when I'm done.

As for Ni no Kuni, how is that? I saw a bunch of videos for it and it looks to combine elements of Tales with Studio Ghibli, which is oh-so-sweet sounding already. If the gameplay's dull though, it'd all be a big waste anyways. I've heard it's quite good though, so hopefully you have a good opinion of it?
Old 2013-02-06, 00:23   Link #3569
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
As for Ni no Kuni, how is that? I saw a bunch of videos for it and it looks to combine elements of Tales with Studio Ghibli, which is oh-so-sweet sounding already. If the gameplay's dull though, it'd all be a big waste anyways. I've heard it's quite good though, so hopefully you have a good opinion of it?

Well, gameplay takes abit getting used to, if I had to compare it to anything... it'd be White Knight Chronicles style gameplay. Alot of the features aren't available till about 10-12 hours in, like alchemy... but all that aside, this is probably one of my favourite PS3 games. I WOULD recommend picking it up if your a fan of Ghibli.
Old 2013-02-06, 03:06   Link #3570
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, gameplay takes abit getting used to, if I had to compare it to anything... it'd be White Knight Chronicles style gameplay. Alot of the features aren't available till about 10-12 hours in, like alchemy... but all that aside, this is probably one of my favourite PS3 games. I WOULD recommend picking it up if your a fan of Ghibli.
Perfect, that's all I needed to hear to convince me, many thanks. I'll go pick it up tomorrow, then grab Fire Emblem later on the eShop if I can't find a hard copy.
Old 2013-02-06, 05:46   Link #3571
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

DmC: Devil May Cry [PC]
Currently on "Dante Must Die" playthrough. Will post my impression after I cleared that mode
Surprisingly, I quite enjoy the game
Old 2013-02-06, 23:13   Link #3572
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Back playing Crusader Kings II again. The one thing I dislike about it is how if you're a Count or a Duke with only a few provinces and have no liege, you can't do much at all except hope to form territorial claims against TINY provinces that are super far from you. Forming territorial claims on Kingdoms is of course a big fail since you're country will just get slaughtered haha.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:39   Link #3573
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Back playing Crusader Kings II again. The one thing I dislike about it is how if you're a Count or a Duke with only a few provinces and have no liege, you can't do much at all except hope to form territorial claims against TINY provinces that are super far from you. Forming territorial claims on Kingdoms is of course a big fail since you're country will just get slaughtered haha.
It's a game about diplomacy, not war. You have to marry, plot and backstab your way up
Old 2013-02-07, 17:47   Link #3574
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It's a game about diplomacy, not war. You have to marry, plot and backstab your way up
I would say that applies mostly if one is trying to obtain a fairly large "kingdom" while going for duchies or counts, war is pretty much is all you need. Problem is, marrying into a kingdom doesn't make you own it. All it does is that it gives you cause for war (claim on the kingdom). I'm in the process of trying to master the "Factions" DLC which truly makes diplomacy effective. It's quite difficult to get fellow vassals to join your cause. There are some new DLCs too that I want but they're too pricey; hoping there's a sale on that soon

And, even though marriage seems the likely option to backstab a king if you are a foreigner, it's sometimes not a valuable option considering that some of the potential princes or princess are just nasty...you know "ugly, dwarf, club-footed, paranoid..." something I wouldn't want to pass on to my heirs haha.

Old 2013-02-08, 12:29   Link #3575
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Finally beaten Atelier Totori Plus and got the Rorona ending. But yeah, I managed to beat Evil Face although he was a bit tricky. I stockpiled elixirs, Dimension Eggs and other weapons to defeat this boss and managed to beat it with Sterk and Ceci (yeah, Mimi would made it a bit easier, but yeah...). I plan on going back to one of my saves to view Mel's ending since I furfilled those requirements, but essentially playing a New Game Plus again... This time I'm taking notes on those traits.

For now, I plan on taking a break from Totori and actually start Persona 4, which I haven't touched yet before Tales of Hearts R comes out and occupy most of my free gaming time... and also Atelier Meruru Plus, although I probably won't touch that until I beat Hearts.
Old 2013-02-08, 12:35   Link #3576
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So while my brother's playing Dead Space 3 while I was at school and such, I decided to be nice and let him finish it. In the meantime, I just got done with Dead Space again, and am moving on to Dead Space 2.
Old 2013-02-09, 04:35   Link #3577
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Fire Emblem: Awakening on 3DS and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on the PS3.

Let me tell you, it's one hell of a great time to be a gamer. I'm also delving bits into You Don't Know Jack, Far Cry 3, Grief Syndrome, Sim Theme Park, Beyond Good and Evil, and Fallout 3/New Vegas on PC.
Old 2013-02-09, 06:29   Link #3578
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Will be playing Dead or Alive: Paradise.

a friend said I should play this game since I like fighters, it's still downloading...
Old 2013-02-09, 15:18   Link #3579
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Aliens Colonial Marines - Possibly the worst game I've played all year. Thanks Gearbox for wasting a golden opportunity.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 17:32   Link #3580
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Aliens Colonial Marines - Possibly the worst game I've played all year. Thanks Gearbox for wasting a golden opportunity.
Really? I was actually tempted to buy it and it LOOKED good...wait it's not even out yet...or the US I guess?