AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 18.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-07, 13:04   Link #101
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Why do I get the feeling Karlstein Institute is Sakimori Academy's evil counterpart due to Cain?

Only difference is that Cain doesn't have Valvraves... yet.
The comparison is appropriate Sakimori Acadamy also doesn't have the horrible pass rate of Karlstein. H-Neuns and X-Eins were the only surviving members of their year.
Old 2013-06-07, 13:49   Link #102
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
The comparison is appropriate Sakimori Acadamy also doesn't have the horrible pass rate of Karlstein. H-Neuns and X-Eins were the only surviving members of their year.
Wow, didn't know that. So is the bishie hit squad the only graduates from Karlstein? I know that X-1 and H-9 are the eldest (both 19) and probably in the same class, while L-11 and A-3 are younger (both 17) and in a younger class, and Q-4 is the youngest at 14, which would make him the freshman class in comparison with H-9 and X-1. So were they all the only graduates of their particular year and therefore the only team assembled since they're the only total graduated out of 3 different classes? That's a pretty brutal program.

I think that while Sakimori and Karlstein may have similar aims, the soldiers in Karlstein at least know what they're being trained for. I don't think the Sakimori students have the smallest clue as to what's been going around them and why they are really there.

Also, I'm a little concerned that Cain, who they are hinting is the head of the Karlstein Institut program, doesn't seem the least bit concerned about L-11 becoming a traitor. L-11 is arguably so far the program's top graduate, you'd think that that would generate some concern on some level. It makes me wonder about Cain's plans and about L-11's relationship with his boss. Does Cain know what L-11 is doing and waiting to turn it around for his own gain? I guess we'll have to see.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-06-07 at 14:17.
Old 2013-06-07, 13:58   Link #103
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Whoa, where did this come from? lol
Old 2013-06-07, 13:59   Link #104
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Also, I'm a little concerned that Cain, who they are hinting is the head of the Karlstein Institut program, doesn't seem the least bit concerned about L-11 becoming a traitor. L-11 is arguably so far the program's top graduate, you'd think that that would generate some concern on some level. It makes me wonder about Cain's plans and about L-11's relationship with his boss. Does Cain know what L-11 is doing and waiting to turn it around for his own gain? I guess we'll have to
It seems that way. To me it seems like Cain is the only person who can outsmart L-11. He doesn't seem like the type to let a traitor get away especially when something valuable (The Valvraves) are involved. He's got something planned. Maybe it involves Licht?
Old 2013-06-07, 14:04   Link #105
whitecloud

By the way there is supposed to be 7 valvraves right? But in the op there is only 6 pilot...?
Old 2013-06-07, 14:13   Link #106
Breimoon

maybe the seventh is a combination of the rest?? of they will build it with the spare pieces?
Old 2013-06-07, 14:30   Link #107
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
It seems that way. To me it seems like Cain is the only person who can outsmart L-11. He doesn't seem like the type to let a traitor get away especially when something valuable (The Valvraves) are involved. He's got something planned. Maybe it involves Licht?
I agree, Cain doesn't seem the least bit interested in the battles. He leaves it to Kreimhild, X-1, or A-3 to plan the attacks and actually Cain looks exactly as L-elf does while in command of the battles: completely detached because everything is going according to plan. Perhaps Cain is the Schneizel to L-elf's Lelouch?

As for "Licht", I'm beginning to think that that maybe L-11's real name.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-07, 14:30   Link #108
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
By the way there is supposed to be 7 valvraves right? But in the op there is only 6 pilot...?
The future idiot refers to a legendary Golden Seven which Saki is part of.

Notice that all Valvraves are primary and secondary colors. As far as we know there are Six numbered Valvraves. One is still in a chamber. We don't know if it is II or VI.

My guess the one in the tube is II. VI well L-Elf hide that one.

Back on Sakimori Academy vs Karlstein Intitute. JIOR may have reason to choose pilots with moral fiber for the Valvraves.

For all we know Sakimori Academy is some Transhumanism project involving the Valvraves.

Dorssia being a authoritarian and militant state Cain had to hide it as a Super Soldier project. Cain has his own plans being a Magius. He is lacking the component of the Valvraves to complete his scheme. He didn't count on one scientist launching a Valvrave as a final FU to Dorssia to be conveniently piloted by a student.

Without adults supervision Module 77 I think the increase of Magius falls upon Cain's favor. He may consider Karlstein agents as cannon fodder as he found excellent samples for his race's agenda.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:40   Link #109
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
The 7th is either an evolved version of Haruto's or Cain's VVV awaiting some kind of a big reveal.

When will they get the Newtype ability? Or SEED ability, if you will.

My question is, why is Nanami the only teacher not involved in the military? How did she get hired in the first place? They better explain that one
Old 2013-06-07, 14:45   Link #110
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Whoa, where did this come from? lol
H-Neun's official profile on the Valvrave site.

We can assume it's true for Q-Vier/L-Efu/A-Drei that the school is extremely selective and throws its student into life and death situations to separate the wheat from the chafe.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:45   Link #111
Jetzero Infinity

This week's ep was pretty alright since we've got most of the Vampire Rangers assembled now. Totally figured Thunder was gonna end up being Vampire Yellow. Also have to admit the twist at the end was kind of funny. Not too surprised the bearded teacher was hiding something but the having all the students being experiments in their little conspiracy or whatever is kind of surprising though I guess it explains how some things seemed a bit too conicidental.

Hopefully next week's ep is more entertaining
Old 2013-06-07, 14:49   Link #112
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
My question is, why is Nanami the only teacher not involved in the military? How did she get hired in the first place? They better explain that one
Either they really needed a good school counselor or she is obfuscating stupidity so good she actually belongs to some lettered civilian intelligence agency of JIOR.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:51   Link #113
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Who says all of the Golden Seven are pilots? Maybe one of them was a strategist/leader (L-11/Shouko)?
Old 2013-06-07, 14:59   Link #114
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Back on Sakimori Academy vs Karlstein Intitute. JIOR may have reason to choose pilots with moral fiber for the Valvraves.

For all we know Sakimori Academy is some Transhumanism project involving the Valvraves.

Dorssia being a authoritarian and militant state Cain had to hide it as a Super Soldier project. Cain has his own plans being a Magius. He is lacking the component of the Valvraves to complete his scheme. He didn't count on one scientist launching a Valvrave as a final FU to Dorssia to be conveniently piloted by a student.

Without adults supervision Module 77 I think the increase of Magius falls upon Cain's favor. He may consider Karlstein agents as cannon fodder as he found excellent samples for his race's agenda.
My thing is that if Cain was doing that same thing with Karlstein as Sakimori is (except more brutally), then that would mean that any of the bishie hit squad would be eligible to be Valvrave pilots.

Also, what if Cain being a Magius himself, he can make Valvraves of his own and we haven't seen them yet?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-06-07 at 15:58.
Old 2013-06-07, 15:06   Link #115
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That's mainly why I thought for a while one of the Valvraves might end up in the hands of the bishie hit squad.
Old 2013-06-07, 15:06   Link #116
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Also, what if Cain being a Magius himself, he can make Valvraves of his own and we haven't seem them yet?
He needs the "Bride" aka VVV-tan for reproduction?

Cause Magius are the Valvrave pilots who are long lived with one at least has vampire behavior.
Old 2013-06-07, 15:33   Link #117
kuromitsu

Quote:
H-Neun's official profile on the Valvrave site.
Er, that doesn't necessarily mean the curriculum was so deadly that everyone but X-1 and H-9 died by the time they "graduated." It could simply mean that the others perished on missions.
Old 2013-06-07, 15:37   Link #118
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

In one of the Episodes they were talking about "unused valvrave parts" lying around somewhere... So maybe they will BUILD another one?
Old 2013-06-07, 15:56   Link #119
Kirarakim

L-elf and Haruto are even sharing a room now. Actually I have to admit I like Shouko with them too. I think L-Elf-Shouko-Haruto are my OT3

Okay you can go back to discussing the plot. Actually I really like the blue pilot and I am glad he will have a more prominent role in the story.
Old 2013-06-07, 15:57   Link #120
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Er, that doesn't necessarily mean the curriculum was so deadly that everyone but X-1 and H-9 died by the time they "graduated." It could simply mean that the others perished on missions.
Well considering what they have to learn and how the Dorssians are all about the "strongest will survive" mentality, and the fact that they have no problem with their soldiers killing kids, much less their trainees killing each other, I wouldn't be surprised if their perfect soldier program WAS that deadly. They probably think that if you can't survive the program, than you're useless and deserve to die.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread