AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-04-10, 06:21   Link #61
Casshern

I hope we get to see a flashback of Yahiko and how he became Pain, since he's the "Naruto" type, and wether he fought and lost or he gave up to Nagato. I think Pain is kinda like a look into the future of how team 7 would end up if Sasuke defeated Naruto in the end.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 06:53   Link #62
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

It was a good chapter. Not so much in the way of action, but I was pleased by Naruto's character development. Dede said it very well a few posts back. This battle defines what Naruto will become. He's not just a kid who tries really hard anymore, but someone who realizes that every battle has consequences. Not expecting him to become a pacifist, but it's interesting to see him acknowledging that fighting doesn't solve all problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern
I hope we get to see a flashback of Yahiko and how he became Pain, since he's the "Naruto" type, and wether he fought and lost or he gave up to Nagato.
I'm not really looking forward to having a chapter of Naruto chatting with Nagato, but I also want to find out what the story is with Yahiko and what Nagato might have to say about Madara and the rest Akatsuki.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 06:54   Link #63
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I was really hoping that Konan the barbarian charged at Naruto at the beginning just to get btch slapped out of the way, oh well can't have everything XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 07:14   Link #64
ronin myael
lost ronin

Another boring chapter...can we please get it on?!
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 07:17   Link #65
Nosauz

not just boring, but so damn cliched, and still no news of whether kakashi is alive, but seeing him grouped with hinata gives me hope. The writing was subpar, and it really showed.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 07:38   Link #66
christinemarie
Crazy One

So it would be very long chapter next week with Naruto and Nagato having conversations (glad to see Hinata is safe and sound, too bad for Negi and Lee for having no action time this chapter)

Spoiler for Crazy Speculations:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 07:43   Link #67
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I hope we get to see a flashback of Yahiko and how he became Pain, since he's the "Naruto" type, and wether he fought and lost or he gave up to Nagato. I think Pain is kinda like a look into the future of how team 7 would end up if Sasuke defeated Naruto in the end.
But wasn't Yahiko the "Sasuke" type? He wanted revenge against the ninjas who wiped out his village and to get stronger and stuff. Nagato just wanted to protect his friends.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 08:07   Link #68
Sixth
Hu Tao

A very interesting chapter to read.

I like how Naruto actually changed. He not longer a kids who think the world itself is a simple world where only white and black existed.

Life sure easy for Luffy from OP. Solve everything with nakama punch while the villain itself indeed a villain or black.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 08:16   Link #69
Nosauz

uh.... in OP there is character development, this was a pretty cliched approach at an amazing arc. This was so trite that I could have replaced every speech bubble with dattebayo and the entire chapter would be the same.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 08:45   Link #70
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally, some development, Hinata is a-okay (thank god). I hope they Nagato and Naruto don't get all preachy with each other for ten chapters. Gotta keep the story moving.
Old 2009-04-10, 09:44   Link #71
Supermutant

I think this was a pretty good chapter. Seemed kind of short with the flashbacks but I liked what Naruto was doing. He isn't really articulate enough to explain to the adults what he's looking for by talking to Pain, but he insisted he wasn't going to just overlook what Pain had done.

This shows both his confusion and how important the answers he's looking for could be for him. It also suggests that he doesn't believe that redemption is the ultimate goal for the peace-seeking ninja. (Which could effect how he deals with Sasuke later)

I really liked Pain's final line in the chapter. So mocking; as if he's sarcastically referring to the angry ninja that he expects has come to kill him as 'peace'

The paper tree and what Shikimaru said about Naruto was pretty nice too.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 10:15   Link #72
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Is it just me or is Naruto now able to go to Sage mode the way Sasuke activates Sharingan now?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 11:00   Link #73
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Is it just me or is Naruto now able to go to Sage mode the way Sasuke activates Sharingan now?
Yea, it seems that Naruto can use the Sage mode longer now. But than again, Naruto is a powerhouse. Everything he learned he made it better, Rasengan, Kage Bunshin, Sage mode, ...he's the man .

Yea, i also want to see a flashback of Nagato. Really want to see what happend to him, how did he become like this.
Old 2009-04-10, 11:08   Link #74
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
I noticed that myself, for most of the chapter he is normal, page 16 comes he is in Sage Mode, is sage mode a doujutsu?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 11:27   Link #75
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Entering sage mode isn't that hard for someone who's mastered it. All they have to do is stand still for a few moments.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 11:29   Link #76
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
We can assume he performed the requirements to enter Sage mode before getting close to Nagato's hideout. All he needs to do is stand still to gather natural chakra, something that's near impossible if not impossible to do during a dynamic battle. I however don't know the duration he needs to stand still, but obviously its long enough where he'll be open to attacks.

EDIT:
Ah Sabaku beat me to it
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 11:29   Link #77
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Entering sage mode isn't that hard for someone who's mastered it. All they have to do is stand still for a few moments.
What if Naruto lost control and he fell asleep and woke up in Sage Mode.

If thats the case the amount of time Naruto spent talking he can go sage mode, I feel sorry for Sasuke the amount of time he spends talking Naruto will go sage mode 87 times

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 11:38   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hahahahah, good one
Well, it's not like sage mode is wasted, the natural energy revitalizes him so there's a use even if he's not fighting. Dunno about the rest of you but I want to know when Yahiko died and what Nagato knows of Madara.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 13:04   Link #79
tkdtiger

is gai's team going to ignore the slug and follow naruto anyways? If they do Kish should have one of them kill Pain proving his point which leads naruto to question things more. I think it would be an interesting development if something like that occured...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 13:49   Link #80
qwertyuiopz

shikamaru wants to take long walks with naruto on the beach

wonderful!
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote