AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-12, 16:32   Link #2901
teja208
Critical fanboy

Wish her best of luck in her recovery.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 17:08   Link #2902
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Those are changes made to the DVD version of the series.

The BD later on had more changes, specifically the ED of the 25th episode.

This is the same image, amended in the BD version:

who is the blond girl? (the other one beside Koromo)

I can only named. Saki, Koromo, Jindai and the girl from Rinkai? who is the last one?
Old 2013-02-12, 17:25   Link #2903
Sumeragi
Banned

Choe Myeonghwa of Rinkai All-Girls School:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 19:41   Link #2904
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Get well soon, Kobayashi-san. KEEP THAT PIMP HAND STRONG.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 20:06   Link #2905
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

What I want to see next episode: Shizu breaking Toki-Ryuuka's combo in the third to last hand, Shindouji's combo in the second to last and and Awai's double riichi on the last hand. Setting herself as the wildcard antagonist for Saki. Mwhahahaaha

Or something.

Icing on the cake: Achiga actually ousts Shiraitodai from the finals, making Saki lose interest in the tournament leading to her falling out with Nodoka, which was hinted at in the first season's last episode. Dundundun.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 20:25   Link #2906
Marina2

After I saw Achiga Ch.19 RAW, I have to say I really like Shizu's face expressions in this chapter.

In some shots, she looks very clam and confident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
What I want to see next episode: Shizu breaking Toki-Ryuuka's combo in the third to last hand, Shindouji's combo in the second to last and and Awai's double riichi on the last hand. Setting herself as the wildcard antagonist for Saki. Mwhahahaaha

Or something.

Icing on the cake: Achiga actually ousts Shiraitodai from the finals, making Saki lose interest in the tournament leading to her falling out with Nodoka, which was hinted at in the first season's last episode. Dundundun.
You have similar ideas with me but ...

1. I would like to see Shizu breaking Toki-Ryuuka's combo, Shindouji's combo and Awai's double riichi at the same time. (This can do in the second to last round) It msut be super epic.

2. Achiga defeats Shiratodai (in score) is actually good idea and nice surprise to the plot but It would be better if they only win by small point (500-3000 difference in score) and Shiratodai still get to final or end the match with the score equal to Shiratodai's.

and...no, this won't make the final round lost its tension. The goal of Kiyosumi/story is not [beat Shiratodai] but [become the champion]. Shiratodai lose to someone else before the match with Kiyosumi won't be a problem here, in my view point. In the end, Kiyosumi will still have Shiratodai, Achiga and 4th school as their enemies in the final round.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-02-12 at 23:52.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 21:57   Link #2907
fukarming

Just read chap 19.

I am happy with the development. I have doubt initially when they want to give Shizu an ability is that they need to explain why she didn't use it on the previous match against a bunch of no names. Now the explanation is clear: since her ability is imagine breaker she cannot use it on people with no ability.

Also Awai's ability, while has high firepower, has low priority. Consider how Saki overrides Toyone's pursue Richi, and how Teru overrides everything, Saki, if playing as well as she normally can should be able to take out Awai.

btw, can anyone tell me what is the highest hand Saki had dealt in unintentionally? I remember she dealt in a big hand to cat girl on purpose. But I don't remember her making other shock faces when she dealt into someone else. When she dealt into someone it is usually part of her +/- 0 plan.

So far, Saki, Teru and Koromo all have kind of a sense what their opponents will ron at. No one at Achiga-hen, other than Toki (with her premonition) have that ability so far.

I do agree, that to make Achiga to go through, Shizu had to break the Shidouji combo and/or lap pillow combo to make Achiga worthwhile. Achiga might go through without Shizu breaking anything (all three of them keep on ronning at each other, so Shizu's points is basically untouch) , but it would make Achiga looks lucky rather than deserve to go though.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 22:01   Link #2908
Peanutbutter

Read Achiga Chapter 19:

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 22:34   Link #2909
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post

btw, can anyone tell me what is the highest hand Saki had dealt in unintentionally? I remember she dealt in a big hand to cat girl on purpose. But I don't remember her making other shock faces when she dealt into someone else. When she dealt into someone it is usually part of her +/- 0 plan.

So far, Saki, Teru and Koromo all have kind of a sense what their opponents will ron at. No one at Achiga-hen, other than Toki (with her premonition) have that ability so far.
She intentionally let Kana chan-kan her (because at that time Kana's score is zero so one tsumo would end the game and thus letting Koromo win)

Saki got ronned online all the time lul

(cough)

Um... I only remember Saki unintentionally play into Yumi's Chan-kan, dun know that score though~ (It looks cheap... her hand was
*south**south* *6-pin* *7-pin* *8-pin* *1-sozu* (chan-kan 2-sozu) *3-sozu* *4-sozu* *5-red sozu* *6-sozu* and an open-something-which I can't see

and I can't see the dora indicator *I don't really like that part so I skip it... so I don't know...*

probably 2 han (chankan, 1 dora)

but I don't know lulz (wakaranai~) go read it your self if you're curious ^^
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 22:43   Link #2910
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Choe Myeonghwa of Rinkai All-Girls School:

*Target acquired*
Old 2013-02-12, 22:44   Link #2911
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
She dealt to Yumi's chankan on the third hand of the regional finals. I think that was the biggest she has dealt in unintentionally, though I can't remember the core.

edit: NVM someone already mentioned that
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 22:50   Link #2912
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
*Target acquired*
She's mine. Do not touch.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 23:11   Link #2913
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Just read chap 19.

The probleme is that apart from the already mention Chan-kan by Yumi (and her online plays) She always seem to play in others' hands on purpose.
The only other time i see is that time when she dealt in Nodoka's hand in the begining of the serie
Old 2013-02-13, 00:28   Link #2914
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
The probleme is that apart from the already mention Chan-kan by Yumi (and her online plays) She always seem to play in others' hands on purpose.
The only other time i see is that time when she dealt in Nodoka's hand in the begining of the serie
7700 right?
Old 2013-02-13, 01:07   Link #2915
Peanutbutter

Reading the Achiga chapter again, it looks as if Ritz already has the finals' last match in mind or perhaps the finals itself already.

Now the only thing left to do is to flesh out Side B's semis.
Old 2013-02-13, 02:01   Link #2916
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
7700 right?

Yup. I think its 7,700 points.

The han calculation are:
+1 han for Chankan
+3 han for the Dora
Which totals to about 4 han.

Fu calculation is
+ 20 for winning
+ 2 for open pon of 7 characters
+ 2 for having a central wait
Which totals to 24 fu. Fu is rounded up so its 30 fu.

Thus the hand is 4 han 30 fu = 7,700 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
Yeah. There's always that question when we look at Saki's records. Most of the rons that she suffered over the course of the series seems to be on purpose. Even the ron she dealt in due to Nodoka at the beginning of the series has a high chance of being premeditated since Saki was trying to get a +/- zero score.

Anyway, about Saki's online record, has she managed to patch up her online play during the training camp? I know she was doing very badly during the beginning but she did manage to use Nodoka's digital power against Momo during the individual, which I assume needs some sort of skill in online mahjong.

Quote:
Reading the Achiga chapter again, it looks as if Ritz already has the finals' last match in mind or perhaps the finals itself already.

Now the only thing left to do is to flesh out Side B's semis.
The representatives for Side- A on the finals is getting a bit too obvious. All I have to do is look for the collection of powers that will impede Saki's abilities the most. And of course the ones who has the most narrative weight.

Regarding Shizu's power, it looks like it activates based on the dice roll. Maybe when the dice is on the snake eyes pattern? If its true, its very situational ability and it would probably be an unconscious thing as well.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 02:42   Link #2917
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post

The representatives for Side- A on the finals is getting a bit too obvious. All I have to do is look for the collection of powers that will impede Saki's abilities the most. And of course the ones who has the most narrative weight.
If the above is true, I think I can safely predict the sides for side-B too.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-13, 03:18   Link #2918
night_sentinel

Quote:
If the above is true, I think I can safely predict the sides for side-B too.

Spoiler:
Lol ... Jokes aside, unless Shizu actually manage to consciously control her ability or use it more consistently, I think Awai will be the more dangerous one to Saki. That 6-shanten and the double riichi with ura dora will be hard to deal with. And if Ritz were looking for more hardship for her protagonist, Side-B would probably get someone who will control the flow to break Saki's ridiculous table control.

Quote:

Btw, I just noticed.
Why is Awai not in the picture? Don't tell me she's not considered a monster class player? And Rinkai... sheez... there are 2 of them there.

Peanutbutter if your theory of 2 normal (more like ability users) vs 2 monsters are true and Awai is not considered a monster class player. Then, there will be another unknown monster that will coming up from Side-B. ^^
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 04:07   Link #2919
eavein18

Quote:
Lol ... Jokes aside, unless Shizu actually manage to consciously control her ability or use it more consistently, I think Awai will be the more dangerous one to Saki. That 6-shanten and the double riichi with ura dora will be hard to deal with. And if Ritz were looking for more hardship for her protagonist, Side-B would probably get someone who will control the flow to break Saki's ridiculous table control.

Btw, I just noticed.
Why is Awai not in the picture? Don't tell me she's not considered a monster class player? And Rinkai... sheez... there are 2 of them there.

Peanutbutter if your theory of 2 normal (more like ability users) vs 2 monsters are true and Awai is not considered a monster class player. Then, there will be another unknown monster that will coming up from Side-B. ^^
Because if they put ALL the "monsters" the picture will be too full (they didn't even put Teru~)
Old 2013-02-13, 04:13   Link #2920
tsunade666

Quote:
Maybe because its all from Side B characters. By that time maybe Side A isn't fully establish yet but then again. Awai is shiratodai's captain that should be the ultimate enemy of Saki but she is not there I wonder.

2 girls are from Rinkai -_- Rinkai is powerhouse. Satoha is world class, 2 monsters and another one who bails out because she got scared on cold Touko but she said she is stronger now. I wonder what is the last one. The one who is in Chinese dress.

What position Cloe sits in?

I also wonder what Usuzan can offer.

Side B are all scary bunch compare to side A

I also want to see Kiyosumi in danger. So far all of their fights are good and even when Saki sits in. The scores aren't in danger. Now there are 2 monsters in Rinkai. I want to see Kiyosumi in danger that will push Saki to go all out monster on them.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri