Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-05, 16:22   Link #81
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Is it me, or the anime designs look more... you know, loli? Just look at Precia's bust size...
Haha, maybe. Might just be the angle though. Either way it looks (unless I read it wrong) as though we'll get to see some more in the form of a video at the Tokyo International Anime Festival from the 22nd to the 25th of March. Woohoo! Hopefully someone'll record it.

I'm not sighing like I was when I saw the Yoake anime designs though, which is a good thing. Kagura looks pretty cute though she needs to turn round, Fel pretty much looks the same as ever, Hyaweh looks... eh, but he always did, Priecia looks slightly off but I'm hoping it's just that one pic (or it may just be me), and Filia looks really cute. So no problems here, really.
Old 2007-03-05, 16:56   Link #82
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Good question! Front Line. Never heard of them, but that's probably because most of their work comprised of doing in-between animation. Prism Ark is apprently their first ever anime production of a full fledged TV series.

edit: NeoSam beat me to it. *shakes fist.
According to Anime News Network, Frontline was in charge of the animation production for Inital D: Fourth Stage.

Not that it's something notable, anyways , Initial D's designs sucked some crazy monkey ass, but the CG was kind of nice, though.

EDIT: WHOA! I just found a HUGE database problem with ANN, they listed Frontline and Front Line as two separated companies, no wonders you were missing part of their works. Check Neosam's link and there will appear more anime.

EDIT 2: I just opened a thread in their forums reporting the error.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-05, 18:35   Link #83
FireChick

What? What happened to the Animation being Kyoto Animation?
Old 2007-03-05, 18:51   Link #84
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
What? What happened to the Animation being Kyoto Animation?
Uhhh, where exactly did you hear that?
Old 2007-03-05, 18:57   Link #85
-Breakthrough-

Hmmm, the anime designs do make Precia a bit more lolified, funny if they gave her Rei Kugimiya as a Seiyuu and pulled another Shana voice XD
Old 2007-03-05, 19:33   Link #86
FireChick

Quote:
Uhhh, where exactly did you hear that?
They said so on the forum topic of Prism Ark at www.fansub.tv
Old 2007-03-05, 19:37   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow Kyoto Animations popularity has gotten so far out of control that fans are creating their own alternate realities where they do every single show. Watch this spread like wildfire now though as a lot of people would rather believe what they want then what is true and verified. Good grief, I can see it already.
Old 2007-03-05, 19:58   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Meh, I'm already seeing bits of them in the soon-to-be StrikerS...

And yes, they seem to loli-ifed her
Old 2007-03-05, 20:04   Link #89
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
Hmmm, the anime designs do make Precia a bit more lolified, funny if they gave her Rei Kugimiya as a Seiyuu and pulled another Shana voice XD
It may be just me, but I'm really tired of hearing her tsun voice (Shana/Louise/Arisa). Having her voice Precia would just ruin the anime for me... ・゜・(ノд`)・゜・。

It's good news that Frontline is the lead studio for Prism Ark. They have a lot of manpower and experienced staff with lengthy OAV work. I'm actually more worried about the director Oobari Masaru (大張正己). The only notable sakuhin I remember his name from is Rayearth.... *(;・∀・)*
Old 2007-03-05, 21:08   Link #90
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

About the loli-fying of Priecia:

I looked, then looked a second time, and then suddenly went lol. Why? Because in the game they make all the female characters' busts look flat when they're facing the camera and they're wearing something that doesn't show cleavage. I don't know if it's laziness on part of the artists or just some design leeway (which is a nicer way of saying the former?), but that's just how it was in the game and it was a little gimmick that I got used to after a while.

But seeing it on that webpage brings back that initial 'hmm' reaction I had the first time when I played the game. It's almost like a jab at the game's artists.

But I hope it's not for real though, once the anime's actually playing. Ah well, just means I'll have to indulge in Kagura's Mikuru-sized bust some more.
Old 2007-03-05, 21:12   Link #91
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
I'm actually more worried about the director Oobari Masaru (大張正己). The only notable sakuhin I remember his name from is Rayearth.... *(;・∀・)*
For me, he was also memorable for directing of my fave mech series, Gravion and Gravion Zwei~for me, I'm not so worried, he did do good in his directing position for Gravion, especially Zwei which he managed on to explain final plot details by the end of the 2nd season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Z3Tyx0gUI
Quote:
It's good news that Frontline is the lead studio for Prism Ark. They have a lot of manpower and experienced staff with lengthy OAV work.
I 'm not really hoping for an OVA but simple a two-cur running anime adaptation of Prism Ark, something like that will be needed to cover most or better, ALL of Prism Ark arcs, or at least make a good job out of it. Hopefully, wont end up to another Tsuyokiss XD
Old 2007-03-06, 01:37   Link #92
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
I 'm not really hoping for an OVA but simple a two-cur running anime adaptation of Prism Ark, something like that will be needed to cover most or better, ALL of Prism Ark arcs, or at least make a good job out of it. Hopefully, wont end up to another Tsuyokiss XD
Since it will be aired on TV it will not be a short run OAV (Moonphase hasn't listed it yet). I was just referring to the difference in staff experience compared to normal animation studios. From my deduction, the animation (at least key and overall production) will be exceptional.

Quote:
Ah well, just means I'll have to indulge in Kagura's Mikuru-sized bust some more.
ぷるん。ぷるん。。。 ((((;´Д`))))
Old 2007-03-06, 01:48   Link #93
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
From my deduction, the animation (at least key and overall production) will be exceptional.
Hopefully so. A heck of a lot of action in Prism Ark.

Quote:
ぷるん。ぷるん。。。 ((((;´Д`))))

ぷにぷに。
Old 2007-03-06, 02:11   Link #94
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
EDIT: WHOA! I just found a HUGE database problem with ANN, they listed Frontline and Front Line as two separated companies, no wonders you were missing part of their works. Check Neosam's link and there will appear more anime.
I just did, and it seems Frontline has produced an adult anime OVA called Angel Blade. Not a very good sign. Initial D: 4th Stage had a pretty decent storyline even though the animation wasn't very good. If this is an action oriented series, then good animation is a must. Hence, the studio will need to do better animation-wise.... in fact, a lot better than ID: 4th Stage. I must admit that their resume so far isn't very encouraging to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 2007-03-06, 02:23   Link #95
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Spoiler:

ふにゅっ。

Spoiler:

ぷにゅぷにゅ。ぷるる~~~ん。。・゚・(ノ∀`)・゚・。
Old 2007-03-06, 05:35   Link #96
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Shinova and Cloudnine

... You people are evil! Evil I tell ya! :P
Old 2007-03-07, 10:53   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Spoiler:

ふにゅっ。

Spoiler:

ぷにゅぷにゅ。ぷるる~~~ん。。・゚・(ノ∀`)・゚・。
Yeah not anymore.
Old 2007-03-07, 15:16   Link #98
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Until we see the actual animation we can't say for sure.
Old 2007-03-09, 16:53   Link #99
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I haven't played Prism Ark yet, but I played the battle demos, very good battle system,
the combo attacks are awesome, like "Heart Beat Shoot" XD

Anyway, here's one I happened to stumble upon...
Spoiler:

I think I have a bigger version of this one...

[EDIT:] Found it
Spoiler:

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-03-09 at 17:05.
Old 2007-03-09, 22:20   Link #100
-Breakthrough-

With Hyaweh raising his thumb like he has an idea, I think its his fun creative imagination for sure XD
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, pajamasoft, romance, rpg, seinen