AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 08:23   Link #21
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
^ Yeah, it's a shoujo renaissance XD Speaking of the PV, while I love the manga deeply, the PV makes it seem very... girly, fluffy, shoujo-ish, and it's not really like that...
I think it's the music that gives the PV that girly feel you're talking about. Set to another piece of music, the animation would take on a very different atmosphere.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 09:19   Link #22
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I think it's the music that gives the PV that girly feel you're talking about. Set to another piece of music, the animation would take on a very different atmosphere.
Probably I just hope it doesn't turn away some of the possible viewers, because it's a great manga. And also, let's hope the OST doesn't contain a lot of tracks like that, otherwise the girly feeling will never go away. Ever.

On a side note, is this gonna be a 1 cour show? I hope that, if it is, they leave an open ending and don't create one of their own, because those kind of endings feel forced and, honestly, suck.
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 10:10   Link #23
Kirarakim

Never read the manga but I love Akitaro Daichi and I love his shoujo (well okay I only saw Fruits Basket but it's still one of my favorite series).
Old 2012-09-03, 10:37   Link #24
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Never read the manga but I love Akitaro Daichi and I love his shoujo (well okay I only saw Fruits Basket but it's still one of my favorite series).
I really recommend the manga. It's one of my favorites of the currently running shoujo. Julietta Suzuki (Karakuri Odette) has a unique art and story-telling style. Viz has the US license and is selling it under the title Kamisama Kiss.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-09-03, 10:43   Link #25
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I really recommend the manga. It's one of my favorites of the currently running shoujo. Julietta Suzuki (Karakuri Odette) has a unique art and story-telling style. Viz has the US license and is selling it under the title Kamisama Kiss.
It's great that Viz already has the license. I tend to not start the manga until I watch the anime as I don't like manga to ruin my perception of the anime.

However if I end up liking the anime then I probably would want to read the manga so at least I don't have to worry about it getting translated and never know what is going to happen next.
Old 2012-09-04, 03:07   Link #26
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Kyaa, Suzuki Julietta! She's one of my favorite shoujo mangaka ever. Mostly because of Karakuri Odette though, that was true hidden gem.

This one is actually more, hm, typical shoujo fantasy, though it also runs much longer with a much more developed plot and a "youkai and kami" setting (like Nurarihyon). And a totally hot tsundere male lead, though that's a constant with her works.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:55   Link #27
mistress_kisara

Site updated with additional cast

http://mikagesha.com/index.html

Opening theme: "Kamisama Hajimemashita" by Hanae
Ending theme: "Kamisama O negai" by Hanae

Last edited by mistress_kisara; 2012-09-05 at 11:36. Reason: additional
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:10   Link #28
Bern-san

Mizuki's eyelashes...
Kurama as sexy as ever
Old 2012-09-15, 09:03   Link #29
mistress_kisara

Here's the 2nd PV

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-15, 09:11   Link #30
LKK

^^ I could do with another song. It just doesn't fit with how I think of the series.

Old 2012-09-15, 10:43   Link #31
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I just watched the second PV, and it was good. However, the opening theme entitled "Kamisama Hajimemashita" by Hanae (though her voice looks nice, which reminds me of Etsuko Yakushimaru) doesn't really fit the show's atmosphere as its slow tone of the song suggests that the opening theme could've been an ending theme. However, I greatly enjoyed the fact that I'm getting 80's vibes mixed with Japanese music based from what I got in the opening theme.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 10:55   Link #32
Bern-san

So hyped for this.
I really like the style the anime studio is using, it makes it similar to the author's drawings.

The song has some sort of charm.
Old 2012-09-15, 18:22   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Really? You guys don't like the song? Well I'm not sure what kinda of tone the series is suppose to have but I do like the song for this pv It's catchy in a lovely sort of way.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 20:00   Link #34
Sumeragi
Banned

The PV feels like some otome game.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:33   Link #35
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Add me to the group that doesn't really like the song, it was just too mellow for my tastes, maybe I'd like it better if it was going to be the ED but right now I'm just not feeling it. Oh well, do we have an air date for the first episode yet?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 21:37   Link #36
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Add me to the group that doesn't really like the song, it was just too mellow for my tastes, maybe I'd like it better if it was going to be the ED but right now I'm just not feeling it. Oh well, do we have an air date for the first episode yet?
October 2 2:05am
Old 2012-09-15, 21:51   Link #37
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
never heard of this series before..... why does some of the expressions of our resident inumimi guy makes him look like Accelarator from the To Aru series?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 13:45   Link #38
Bern-san

Part of a program featuring Kamisama Hajimemashita, with lots of footage from the first episode, interview with Suzuki-sensei and the seiyuus Shinnosuke Tachibana and Mimori Suzuko
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtu...yyy_shortfilms
Kamisama part starts at 10:32 more or less
Old 2012-10-01, 12:57   Link #39
melina_putri

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Last edited by melina_putri; 2012-10-01 at 13:23.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 17:06   Link #40
kuromitsu

Shouldn't this thread be in the "Current Series" group?

Anyway, I expected this show to be cute and sweet... and then, after the OP I expected something, well, a bit raunchy (seriously, wtf is up with those lyrics? xD;; )... and then the actual show turned out to be cute and sweet. ^^;; And then the ED made me go wtf again. xD;;

So, I really liked the episode, it was pretty formulaic but cute and fun anyway. ;; I'll be sure to watch the next ep!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural