AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 11:55   Link #161
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
2 questions.

At the end is the curse broken? Nothing seems to suggest that it does get broken, just that Yukito made this reincarnation happy.
Well the curse that made it so that Misuzu couldn't get close to anyone without her and that person dying is indeed gone. In addition, Kanna gets Misuzu's happy memories so she'll be happier. I assume that at the end, Yukito (as Sora) went off to find Kanna and break the other curse that's causing her to constantly reincarnate into bodies that are too small and spend the rest of her time reliving her sad memories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Why did the monks curse Kanna? Right after that scence the head monk explains that they HELPED the winged beings, and i was like "Wtf, then why did you guys do the whole curse thing".
No, you're confused. It's the Buddist monks who were trying to wipe out all other religions who cursed Kanna. The other monks who took them in were helping them.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 21:07   Link #162
dalaga96
LunchBox

Question Air quiestions..

Does Air TV a movie too?
Does Air TV have a DVD of it's episodes?
If it does is it English too?
Is Air tv a manga?
Is there going to be more episodes?

I am utterly cunfuzzled
dalaga96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 00:44   Link #163
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
No. Yes. No. No (technically). No.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-02-05, 02:05   Link #164
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalaga96 View Post
Does Air TV a movie too?
Does Air TV have a DVD of it's episodes?
If it does is it English too?
Is Air tv a manga?
Is there going to be more episodes?

I am utterly cunfuzzled
1. air tv got a "movie" but its like the episodes just more concentrated on mizusu and that guy (whats he name agend)

2. air tv got dvd's yes just google it and u can find out where you can buy them.

3. i dont know about the english but maybe they dub'ed it.

4. i never read the manga so i dont know if there is one :/

5. i dont think its gona be more episodes, but if u liket air tv watch kanon 2006
SealedTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:03   Link #165
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

A friend of mine got me an english/chinase dubbed Air DVD so yes it is english too.
And for the manga, I read a few chapters from it and I'll just say that it's more similar to the anime than the movie (although in later chapters it might be considered a 3rd story using Air materials)
Old 2007-02-10, 07:22   Link #166
Irmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
A friend of mine got me an english/chinase dubbed Air DVD so yes it is english too.
It must be a bootleg then, since Air didn't get officially licensed. (Although of course, I personally wish it would... ^^')
Irmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 04:00   Link #167
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
To clarify...

Air the Movie is not a movie of Air TV. It is a separate treatment of the same source material to create a new and somewhat different story. Additionally, the manga is much the same, it's another 'version' of the Air material. Hence my rather brief 'no' answers before - yes, it's Air, but no, it's not Air TV.

As to your disks Rengemaru... if it ever has dual English/Chinese subs, it's a bootleg. And the set you're referring to, I'm guessing... two DVDs? Maybe three? I've seen both idling about on eBay, and both are indeed bootlegs, made in Hong Kong, with rather terrible subs in general.

Air hasn't yet been licensed. The closest we have at the moment is KAA's DVD-rip treatments, and hopefully soon, Maniac's Blu-ray rip versions. Air may one day get licensed as well all hope, but it isn't yet.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-02-14, 14:39   Link #168
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

well i dont think it will get licensed. the story isent easy for a "normal" person to understand. i had to watch it about 2 times before i got everything with me.

but well dreams can come happen :P
SealedTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 09:50   Link #169
Maritime
Oceanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTears View Post
well i dont think it will get licensed. the story isent easy for a "normal" person to understand. i had to watch it about 2 times before i got everything with me.

but well dreams can come happen :P
If shows like Serial Exeriments Lain can get licenced I don't see why Air couldn't.

Anyway, I noticed something interesting last night when I watched the entire series again. During episode four when we watch Kano's family history back in feudal-era Japan there's a scene in which the mother of the scarred baby mentions that her husband was sent away to war, we're then showed a closeup of her husband who seemed to bare a striking resemblance to Ryūya (Kanna's bodyguard). Is it at all possible that Mizuzu and Kano could share the same distant relative?
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 16:49   Link #170
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
As to your disks Rengemaru... if it ever has dual English/Chinese subs, it's a bootleg. And the set you're referring to, I'm guessing... two DVDs? Maybe three? I've seen both idling about on eBay, and both are indeed bootlegs, made in Hong Kong, with rather terrible subs in general.
Sorry for taking so long to reply, but yes my copy is a bootlag and it's the 2 DvD version. I bought it for safe keeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime
Anyway, I noticed something interesting last night when I watched the entire series again. During episode four when we watch Kano's family history back in feudal-era Japan there's a scene in which the mother of the scarred baby mentions that her husband was sent away to war, we're then showed a closeup of her husband who seemed to bare a striking resemblance to Ryūya (Kanna's bodyguard). Is it at all possible that Mizuzu and Kano could share the same distant relative?
Yes they do look alike but I didn't find any evidence regarding your guess.
Old 2007-04-19, 18:03   Link #171
Pygmi
Squeaky Toy Master

Location: Currently questiong for the save point in the game of life
Send a message via AIM to Pygmi Send a message via MSN to Pygmi Send a message via Yahoo to Pygmi
Okay guys heres a good question.. are there any plans thus far to dub and license Air in the US? I've got a bootleg and I love the show but I wouldn't mind having a US version and see what they do to it
Pygmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 18:38   Link #172
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
I'm not sure you want to see what they would do to it...
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 20:19   Link #173
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
During episode four when we watch Kano's family history back in feudal-era Japan
I don’t believe that woman was Kano’s ancestor, she was just possessed by her spirit when she touched the cursed feather in the shrine as a child.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 03:29   Link #174
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmi View Post
Okay guys heres a good question.. are there any plans thus far to dub and license Air in the US? I've got a bootleg and I love the show but I wouldn't mind having a US version and see what they do to it
one word, NEVER!
This show is too good to be ruined by those bloodsucking evil dubbing companies. And I don't want to disgrace it with english dubs, it's too good for that
But I too want to secure a long-living copy of it but having it dubbed is just.....
Old 2007-04-23, 16:38   Link #175
Wuya

Well i just finished all the series, main arcs to summer special..

I must say my favorite was the first 1-7 epi's, as a lack of understanding took a bit toward the end, not to mention the sadness and lack of yukito in person.

I had a feeling he was suppose to take to crow form to see what he didnt or couldnt see BUT would revert to human once all is revealed and take some action.. didnt go as i predicted... which is probably for the better....

I plan to see the anime over again to understand the end better (since i have read through the Q and A), but for me it really got "messy" there with the Yukito crow.

prob watch the movie again too XD
assuming my heart wont die on me x.x

anyway,
I saw the movie first, then animie, and lastly if i can continue the order, the game

each progresses with more detail to keep me interested is my theory
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 20:59   Link #176
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I haven't watched any of the Air anime yet but at the end of Kano's route in the game, this person appears: http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1729/personcc2.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3509/air2yq6.jpg

Does anyone know exactly who she is?
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 21:20   Link #177
Wuya

possible spoiler:

that is the mother who had to sacrafice herself in place of her child so her child will live on. her memories, imbedded in the feather of Kanna which Kano touched, is what caused Kano to be "suicidal".

according to the anime anyway, since i dont have the game (cant read japanese...).
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 07:48   Link #178
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I haven't watched any of the Air anime yet but at the end of Kano's route in the game, this person appears: http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1729/personcc2.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3509/air2yq6.jpg

Does anyone know exactly who she is?
That is Shiraho. Living in a time of war, most likely a few centuries after Kanna's time. (The events in the Summer arc occurred in 994 AD. ) When her child Yakuma was born with an ominous birthmark, people say the boy was cursed, but Shiraho was determined to give the child a happy life.

A few years after Yakumo got a hold of one of Kanna's feathers, Shiraho's husband was conscripted to fight a war with a "foreign enemy". (Being a history buff myself, I don't think it's the Mongols, for they were thwarted twice by typhoons, or Kamikaze "Divine Winds", but I can't think of any other invasion attempt of the Japanese islands during this period. )

Anyway, her husband never returned. The upper echelons of power heard about a feather mysteriously re-appearing, and fearing the Yokujins, the Winged Beings, might resurface with their awesome power, came hunting for it. Shiraho was forced to flee with Yakumo to the seaside town where Misuzu and Kano lives in present day.

After a plague swept through the village, the townspeople blamed it on Yakumo, the "cursed child". Shiraho decided to take her own life in exchange for Yakumo's. Since then Shiraho's spirit had been residing in Kanna's feather, dying for someone to hear her sad story. Kano in turn got possessed by her, and it wasn't until Yukito used his powers to activate Shiraho's vision that Shiraho's soul was able to go in peace.

Unlike in the anime, in the game, after activating the vision, Yukito loses his powers completely and thus ends the Kano arc.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:37   Link #179
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Since you mentioned it, how does Minagi's arc ends in the game?
Old 2007-04-25, 08:54   Link #180
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Since you mentioned it, how does Minagi's arc ends in the game?
There are two endings in Minagi's story.

After Minagi runs out of home to live in the station with Yukito for a few days, as Yukito, you come across two subtle choice that determines which ending you'll get.

The first choice suggests Yukito might become closer with Minagi. "How about giving me a morning kiss?" So that when Yukito brought Minagi to her mother's place in hope of reconciling mother and daughter, this time Minagi has become too attached to Yukito that she couldn't bear to bring herself home, and runs away. Michiru then appears, and gives Yukito her sand phial, asking him to make sure Minagi is always happy, and then disappears.

Yukito then finds Minagi sobbing at the roof of the school, in the middle of the rain. Unable to bear it any longer, Yukito takes it upon himself to look after Minagi, and offers to travel around with her as her companion.

The "True Ending", or "Michiru Ending", is of course what you've seen in the anime. Yukito kept his distance with Minagi, for he still hopes for her to return home safely. Eventually, Minagi reconciles with her mother, Michiru is happy that Minagi has finally found her true happiness and makes a tearful farewell with Minagi. The rest is history.

(Minagi's route is the only route where the CGs are spread across the two endings, meaning you need to go through both endings in order to collect all the CGs, including the ero ones for the Standard Edition. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote