Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-12, 13:53   Link #2161
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
anybody listened to the latest Strike Witches Radio???

I found it quite interesting in the first 30 minutes, but then i got more and more bored...........
Well, it was only a 30 minute show... I was satisfied with it. I thought it was pretty cute. In the end you can't expect too much from these radio shows, as the main attraction is getting to hear the VAs in a less formal setting, (mostly) unscripted. That's a precious opportunity for a fan. Fan participation is also a big part of these shows, and next week they will actually have mail to discuss.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 02:00   Link #2162
einhorn303

Since Strike Witches is coming out on R1 March 30th, I compared it's Amazon Sales Rank with all other Funimation shows coming out that day...

>Strike Witches: Complete First Season
>Amazon.com Sales Rank: #8,693 in Movies & TV

>Sgt. Frog: Season 2, Part 2
>Amazon.com Sales Rank: #18,988 in Movies & TV

>Soul Eater: Part 2 (2010)
>Amazon.com Sales Rank: #23,511 in Movies & TV

>(other reprint collected editions that are dramatically lower than all three)

And people say lolicon shows can't sell in the US.

(in b4 SW fans are more devoted so they're more likely to preorder. But, they're also more likely to order on Rightstuf instead of Amazon)
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 03:18   Link #2163
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

But it's alternate history, not lolicon.
/me grars and bites the head off of anyone that disagrees.

Too bad they're almost certainly going to miss out on the quite comprehensive DVD booklets included with the JP release. Though it's also probably a tiny fraction of the price.

I ended up buying the special Nyantype Himebanashi drama CDs at hugely inflated prices as well. My Strike Witches collectorism knows no bounds.
Old 2010-01-15, 10:17   Link #2164
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post

Too bad they're almost certainly going to miss out on the quite comprehensive DVD booklets included with the JP release. Though it's also probably a tiny fraction of the price.

I ended up buying the special Nyantype Himebanashi drama CDs at hugely inflated prices as well. My Strike Witches collectorism knows no bounds.
Considering that all six of the R2 LE's would cost $510 together, and the R1 boxset has an MSRP of $59.99, the American DVDs are a full 11% of the Japanese DVD's price. lol R1 anime prices.
Old 2010-01-15, 17:35   Link #2165
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Considering that all six of the R2 LE's would cost $510 together, and the R1 boxset has an MSRP of $59.99, the American DVDs are a full 11% of the Japanese DVD's price. lol R1 anime prices.
Not to mention the yen is very strong right now. I imagine a sizeable percentage of those sales are coming from Japan.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:20   Link #2166
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Really though taking the split second decision making out of a dogfight sort of seems like taking the punching out of a boxing match. To me allot of the excitement of it is doing the right thing, at the right moment which is easier said then done when the other guy is trying to screw your plan up.

It's oh so rewarding when it goes right though; it makes you feel like a genius. (Even more so if you actually planned it out ahead of time instead of pulling it out of your ass in a panic when tracers start whizzing by. )
Heh, I should try to get back in those, I haven't flown since the old X-Wing days. I need a new joystick first though...

Quote:
And it's true, too. So far every one of my friends that holds no interest in fanservice or lolis loves Strike Witches because of the setting. Most of them just avoided it because of the fanservice before I tied them to chairs and made them watch.

Quote:

Mine would too, if certain barriers such as 'money' and 'language' didn't get in the way. I just have to make due with the fanworks for now. Still, I'll import the R1 DvD's just to make a difference. Would have loved to see those booklets though.

Speaking of R1 Strike Witches:

Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:38   Link #2167
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

lol at that vid..............so that's how they sell strike pantsu in the US..........the editing is quite good i have to say
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:45   Link #2168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah... I was going to see if the release date was known but einhorn303 answered that.

And yes... its the alternate reality/history that I find interesting (along with the old "comrades form a team and head into combat" military story so common to WW2 flicks of the 1940s-1960s).
Old 2010-01-17, 01:51   Link #2169
einhorn303

I find both interesting. Maybe it's because I'm a utilitarian, but I've always been in love with art that works on multiple levels at once. Like hard SF novels, which give you a good story and interesting scientific speculation. SW delivers a good story, wonderful moe points and pairings, fanservice, and interesting historical references. That's two emotional levels, one physical level, and an intellectual level. I like to savor all of those levels.
Old 2010-01-17, 04:24   Link #2170
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Humikane's New Year pic featuring...Erica?

Maybe NSFW...

http://humikane.asablo.jp/blog/img/2010/01/03/da88a.jpg
And updated with Ursula...
(Slight NSFW warning)
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/humikane/e-wacs/2010.jpg

Oh, and a Witches of the Sphinx movie poster from Firstspear.
http://img.nogami.firstspear.com/20100107_3530606.jpg
If only... :sigh:

Last edited by selkirk; 2010-01-17 at 08:27.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 09:31   Link #2171
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Heh, true. If only.

By the way Sel, when are you going to continue translating The Eagle and the Moon and the Sun? Marseille and and Keiko are becoming rapid favorites of mine at the moment.
Old 2010-01-17, 09:47   Link #2172
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Heh, true. If only.

By the way Sel, when are you going to continue translating The Eagle and the Moon and the Sun? Marseille and and Keiko are becoming rapid favorites of mine at the moment.
I actually did a bit of it a few days ago. Katou Keiko's my favorite character in the series, so I'll try and get it done once I get my current pile of work cleared. I also want to do the new manga since it has plenty of non-anime characters, but nobody seems to be able to scan it.
Old 2010-01-17, 10:16   Link #2173
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What's it called again? I might be able to sniff something out.
Old 2010-01-17, 12:15   Link #2174
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Strike Witches - The skies that connect us (ストライクウィッチーズ キミとつながる空)
I doubt you'll find it though, I already keep tabs on all the regular sources.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:28   Link #2175
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Heh, I should try to get back in those, I haven't flown since the old X-Wing days. I need a new joystick first though...
That would be best to avoid unnecessary rage though they come pretty cheap nowadays in allot of cases. (well sure you can buy a bonkers one for 100+ bucks, but that's just overkill IMO) I just use a Logitech Freedom 2.4 (cordless) which costs like a hair over or under 20 bucks depending on where you buy.

I've had it for several years now and had no issues with it, easy as hell to set up too.

Quote:
And it's true, too. So far every one of my friends that holds no interest in fanservice or lolis loves Strike Witches because of the setting. Most of them just avoided it because of the fanservice before I tied them to chairs and made them watch.
I'm in it also for my nerdish love of various models of piston engine planes and yakking (no pun intended) about there performance. Though the alternate history stuff is also not bad at all in my book.

On that note we still need a damn P-47! (TK has been whoring the P-47M big time in his sim's lately.)

Quote:
I actually did a bit of it a few days ago. Katou Keiko's my favorite character in the series, so I'll try and get it done once I get my current pile of work cleared. I also want to do the new manga since it has plenty of non-anime characters, but nobody seems to be able to scan it.
Fine news indeed, suppose I won't need this then... *uses his foot to push a whip under a conveniently placed couch*

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 21:11   Link #2176
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
And updated with Ursula...
(Slight NSFW warning)
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/humikane/e-wacs/2010.jpg
Erica: "Ja, ja!" (hee hee)

Friends of mine have been bugging me about info on Season 2 (mainly because I'm the only one they know of who likes Strike Witches and ISN'T a known Lolicon in anime circles), and all I can tell them is that I know $#*%-all about it myself--no further info I know beyond what they already know. Do you guys get that a lot?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 10:36   Link #2177
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Strike Witches - The skies that connect us (ストライクウィッチーズ キミとつながる空)
I doubt you'll find it though, I already keep tabs on all the regular sources.
Judging on what I saw on this link: http://blog.livedoor.jp/strike_w/archives/971037.html

I have seen that chapter then. A bit of content spoiling inside
Spoiler:
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 12:02   Link #2178
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wilma? Seriously? No fair, if you have it, scan it.

Edit: Well, I managed to score Nyantype 4 from Ebay, so once I get that (and find a way to get my scanner working) I can try my hand at scanning at least one of the chapters. The other releases are a tad too expensive to buy, Nyantype 1 is a whopping 98 dollars.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-01-18 at 17:41.
Old 2010-01-18, 17:18   Link #2179
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Edit: Well, I managed to score Nyantype 4 from Ebay, so once I get that (and find a way to get my scanner working) I can try my hand at scanning at least one of the chapters. The other releases are a tad to expensive to buy, Nyantype 1 is a whopping 98 dollars.
Hot damn, I have Nyantype 1. I should break into the ebay market .

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-18, 17:48   Link #2180
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Miracle over miracle, no sooner had you posted that and I stumbled on a website that sold Nyantype 1. Lucky me.

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume