AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-10-23, 10:49   Link #1
marvelB

Impel Down Arc Discussion (Anime-only)

Welcome to the discussion thread for the One Piece Impel Down arc starting from episode 422. Please remember this is an anime-only thread so no discussion or reference to future events from the manga are allowed.

Since Funimation have licensed One Piece, AnimeSuki will not list torrents for it. In addition, the following posts are not allowed:
  • Asking where you can find One Piece downloads.
  • Providing links to One Piece downloads.
  • Discussing One Piece fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading One Piece.
  • Asking for playback help for One Piece episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 10:54   Link #2
Prestige

I really like how they are showing Impel Down in anime this far.

In last episode Impel Down was viewed as dark and cruel place with full of all kind of measures of torture and constant violence occuring where sadistic guards torment prisons at their leisure.

I really liked Hannybyal and Dominos appearance in anime, I specially want to thank anime team for choosing such a fitting voice actor for Hannybyal, its nice because I really like his charecter.

I am looking forward for animes impletation of Impel Down, we will also have some fillers ahead but they are preparation of Movie 10, if you are intrested about upcoming Movie but generally dislike fillers then you should check these episodes out.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 03:53   Link #3
JH24

Just watched episode 423. IMHO it was great. There were so many hilarious and funny scenes. Luffy finally pronouncing Hancock right and her reaction to it. The "thank you/I love you" misunderstanding, Buggy's appearance and him and Luffy arguing with each other when they finally met again. Luffy's, Hancock's and Buggy's VA's were really one of the highlights in this episode.

Great episode, for some reason I love the art style in this one. Almost every important scene was executed well. The Bugori (Not sure how you spell it) were quite different than I thought from the manga. They are almost "cute" and they make funny noises.

9/10
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:14   Link #4
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
Just watched episode 423. IMHO it was great. There were so many hilarious and funny scenes. Luffy finally pronouncing Hancock right and her reaction to it. The "thank you/I love you" misunderstanding, Buggy's appearance and him and Luffy arguing with each other when they finally met again. Luffy's, Hancock's and Buggy's VA's were really one of the highlights in this episode.

Great episode, for some reason I love the art style in this one. Almost every important scene was executed well. The Bugori (Not sure how you spell it) were quite different than I thought from the manga. They are almost "cute" and they make funny noises.

9/10
That reminded me of the legendary subtitle mistake in Final Fantasy X.

Yeah, a pretty good episode overall. I´m looking forward to seeing Buggy kick some a**. However, I´m still wondering how he and his crew made it so far on the grandline.
Old 2009-10-25, 14:28   Link #5
Kona
Banned

If anybody hates buggy i feel bad for you. Just wait till you see what happens in the future.. lol he's gonna run the new world.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 14:34   Link #6
Who

I've gained a newfound appreciation for Buggy after this episode. He's the type of person I hate in real life, but I just can't help but not take his jerky-ness that seriously. The face paint helps too.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 18:57   Link #7
Prestige

423 was really funny indeed!

I am manga reader but I simply love how anime did Luffy x Hancock moments, they were so freaking funny. Had really good laughs...

I like how Impel Down looks in anime, its really dark and truthful to manga, I think this will become great arc in anime.

Next episode should be good.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:11   Link #8
Tommy
Mr. Prince

BUGGY!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 18:20   Link #9
james0246

^Your post contains spoilers Rainbowman. You might want to edit it...

432 was okay, generally average. Hancock is great, I love her in manga or anime form, and Buggy will just make everything better. Here's hoping the anime can keep this pace for the next few episodes (I do assume there will be another filler arc sometime in the near future).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 00:32   Link #10
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
If anybody hates buggy i feel bad for you. Just wait till you see what happens in the future.. lol he's gonna run the new world.
Umm no. I read the manga and I still hate him. He was pretty funny in the latest chapter though.
Old 2009-10-30, 02:52   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well liked the latest episode. The charge to save Ace has begun. It really wasn't going to be possible to not cause an uproar considering all the surveillance. Things were only going to get harder the closer he got to Ace. So might as well cut loose and start making a break for the bottom.

The Hancock bits were pretty good. Going overboard about Luffy not messing up her name and not reading his lips properly.
Old 2009-10-30, 14:18   Link #12
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The Hancock bits were pretty good. Going overboard about Luffy not messing up her name and not reading his lips properly.
Hancock is being annoyingly stupid thinking Luffy would love her. If it were me, I'd smack some common sense into her. She should realize that there are other men as virtuous as Luffy (Ace perhaps).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 20:36   Link #13
saravis

I think Luffy is exactly the kind of guy that Hancock's been looking for. He doesn't view her as an object. He thinks of her as an equal and doesn't act like an imbecile around her. Finally not only does he sympathize with her plight, but he also kicked the ass of the ones that caused it and doesn't regret doing it. It's no wonder she's head over heals for him.
Old 2009-10-30, 20:41   Link #14
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I think Luffy is exactly the kind of guy that Hancock's been looking for. He doesn't view her as an object. He thinks of her as an equal and doesn't act like an imbecile around her. Finally not only does he sympathize with her plight, but he also kicked the ass of the ones that caused it and doesn't regret doing it. It's no wonder she's head over heals for him.
Umm no. Only reason why is because she found out Luffy hit one of the Tyunbito or those nobles
Old 2009-10-30, 20:51   Link #15
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Umm no. Only reason why is because she found out Luffy hit one of the Tyunbito or those nobles
At any rate, this relationship is NOT one that should be permanent.
Old 2009-10-30, 23:26   Link #16
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well that is a reason but I think its more to do with the fact that Luffy is unlike any other man she has encountered.
Its a rather common occurance in manga and anime, one depises/hates something but comes across one thing that isn't like what they think and learn to like/love it. Shoujo is great example of this, happens all the time.
Another example is Nami, she hated pirates but then Luffy came along and showed her something totally different from what she has seen and believed in.

Well however one decides to look at it, I'm having a blast watching Hancock, she's really become a top fav anime character for me

but for right now, bring the ID's epic band of bandits!

can't wait for the rest to show up
Old 2009-10-30, 23:42   Link #17
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Hancock is being annoyingly stupid thinking Luffy would love her. If it were me, I'd smack some common sense into her. She should realize that there are other men as virtuous as Luffy (Ace perhaps).
Well personally think she deserves a smack for some of the things she has done more than regarding her choices in the relationship field. I don't even like her so can enjoy watching her act silly.
Old 2009-10-31, 12:23   Link #18
Rainbowman

Quote:
Well personally think she deserves a smack for some of the things she has done more than regarding her choices in the relationship field. I don't even like her so can enjoy watching her act silly.
You know, you're right. Like when she turns her enemies into stone and/or kicking cute animals (especially kittens). Indeed she should be punished for such cruel actions.
Old 2009-11-02, 20:07   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
You know, you're right. Like when she turns her enemies into stone and/or kicking cute animals (especially kittens). Indeed she should be punished for such cruel actions.
Well I was going more with things like turning her own people to stone, looking down on everyone and treating them badly, throwing old people out windows, not caring if her status is revoked and her island loses it's protection possibly leading to an invasion by the world government, etc. At any rate at least her background helped for understanding her better, though still can't like her much.

Spoiler for 424:
Old 2009-11-02, 20:28   Link #20
Slayerx

Quote:
Spoiler for 424:
The vivre card would not help him too much... the card would give him a strait line down to where Ace is, it would not tell him how to get to the next floor, where the stairs and entrances are... really the only he can get by without help is by either just aimlessly wandering, or going gear three and just plowing through the floors...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote