AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-17, 00:55   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, talk about raising your spirits before crashing them down. I mean damn, it's hard to imagine an anime actually managing to disappoint me before it even exists.

There is so much damn good material, why on earth do they need to anime original it up? This barely ranks above cancelling the adaptation entirely.

Now have to go into it hoping for the best. Will say good job by Studio Pierrot killing anticipation before it even gets started. Really like the manga so have to say finding out this was getting an anime has become an odd roller coaster ride.
Old 2013-11-17, 16:52   Link #22
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Guys, it doesn't say how much anime original material there will be.

Take Cross Game, it has like 4 or 5 anime original episodes (out of 50), and they were quite fun and didn't alter the story in any way.

You guys are acting like it's been confirmed that this will be filler land,for all we know it could just be 2 or 3 episodes.
Old 2013-11-17, 17:13   Link #23
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Guys, it doesn't say how much anime original material there will be.

Take Cross Game, it has like 4 or 5 anime original episodes (out of 50), and they were quite fun and didn't alter the story in any way.

You guys are acting like it's been confirmed that this will be filler land,for all we know it could just be 2 or 3 episodes.
I agree with you, but I can't really blame them..at least what I've heard is that the mangaka is involved in the filler episodes.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 18:23   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
I agree with you, but I can't really blame them..at least what I've heard is that the mangaka is involved in the filler episodes.
Yeah, that was the only silver lining for me. The bigger disappointment was the 25-episode part - I was really hoping this would get a long adaptation, as NHK often does. The fact that the mangaka is involved makes me think they want to rework the story into a complete arc with a definitive conclusion in 25 eps, and I have concerns as to whether they can do that without really impacting the strengths of the series.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2013-11-17 at 21:22.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 18:40   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I wasn't that surprised by the 25 episode count. The past couple years it seems like getting past 12 episodes is a pretty major accomplishment. If it does well I'd have assumed sequels here and there to cover the story in chunks.

Anything could happen. But I can't help but share my unease about the whole thing. Original content in and of itself isn't a big deal. I mean the Fairy Tail anime used some original scenes early to expand on things the creator wanted to put in the manga, but couldn't with page limits and such. If we're just adding scenes that the creator wanted in the first place that's not a big deal. Or just adding some extra episodes to better develop some secondary characters. Those things aren't really bad.

The scary thing would be them trying to change the story to condense it down to 25 episodes. Hard to call a series "Baby Steps" and then rush it to conclusion. Hoping for the best, but with the information we have I am uneasy.
Old 2013-11-19, 07:27   Link #26
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The scary thing would be them trying to change the story to condense it down to 25 episodes.
Definitely. If 25 episodes covers the first few volumes, I'd be happy. My only worry is them trying to cram everything so far and more into 25 episodes. That's the worst case scenario for me: having Pokemon Origins pacing, where most important matches/developments get a still or two and some narration.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 05:52   Link #27
neshru

Apparently the staff for the series includes:

Director: Masahiko Murata
Character Design / Chief animation director : Masayuki Kouda

Masayuki Kouda is a pretty big name. His work as an animation director on Naruto Shippuden is remarkable.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 07:01   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Murata is a pretty big name too. Interesting.
Old 2014-02-05, 10:57   Link #29
Tenzen12

I am not gonna watch this as manga is enough for me, but accidentaly encountered new reveal of cast. (Oh, and it seems it will deviate from original quite bit, although under patronage of author)

Quote:
Taishi Murata as Eiichiro Maruo
Minako Kotobuki as Natsu Takasaki
Daisuke Namikawa as Takuma Egawa
Takuma Terashima as Kojiro Kageyama
Enjoy
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 18:23   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am not gonna watch this as manga is enough for me, but accidentaly encountered new reveal of cast. (Oh, and it seems it will deviate from original quite bit, although under patronage of author)

Enjoy
Well at least if the author is involved on the original episodes it should probably be alright. Though still wonder why they will need to throw in original stuff with the huge amount of episodes to work with. Maybe wants to change some of the earlier material.

As to the voices...hmm we'll see how it turns out. I suppose the positive is Maruo's voice isn't going to sound familiar. Can't recall the voice of anyone he's done.

Curious how Natsu will sound. I can't help thinking how weird it'd sound if she uses the voice for Railgun's Kongo .

Good choice from Takuma. That's the one I'm least worried about.
Old 2014-02-05, 19:19   Link #31
yellowscarves

Maybe the Baby Steps adaptation will deviate from the original story and have an original conclusion. Shaft seems to have taken that route for Nisekoi, and these days, where the typical anime is 12-13 episodes and you'd be lucky to get a sequel, it makes a lot of financial sense. As long as the author is involved, I can't say I have any problem with it. With how good the manga already is, original material that's well done should be just as interesting.
Old 2014-02-05, 21:30   Link #32
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Oh, so restrained?

That's pretty nice to hear since Tennis is probably my favourite sport.
Tennis is your favorite sport? LOL. Then what the hell are you doing here, go read the manga! It's seriously awesome!
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 22:28   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowscarves View Post
Maybe the Baby Steps adaptation will deviate from the original story and have an original conclusion. Shaft seems to have taken that route for Nisekoi, and these days, where the typical anime is 12-13 episodes and you'd be lucky to get a sequel, it makes a lot of financial sense. As long as the author is involved, I can't say I have any problem with it. With how good the manga already is, original material that's well done should be just as interesting.
Does seem a possible thing that they plan on making something that can be considered concluded rather than adapting to a point and crossing their fingers for a sequel at some point. Will give themselves a good amount of episodes to work with at any rate.

Here's hoping for it to turn out well.
Old 2014-02-06, 01:56   Link #34
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowscarves View Post
That's my assumption. They figure two cours is all they'll ever get, they know they can't adapt the manga in that, so they're going to tweak it to make a self-contained story in 25 eps. I'm not thrilled, but I'm not abandoning hope by any means - I'm not exactly madly in love with the idea of an adaptation that just stops in the middle (like most of them) either.
Old 2014-02-25, 14:51   Link #35
yellowscarves

Sort of old news by now, but:

Opening theme: Believe in Yourself, by Abe Mao
Ending theme: Baby Step, by babyraids

And a "just before" special to air March 27. Or so google translate says. What are "just before" specials usually like?

Source.
Old 2014-03-27, 20:28   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Preview at last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMFw0JeStSo

Sadly, it's a camrip.
Old 2014-03-27, 21:16   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Preview at last:

Sadly, it's a camrip.
At this point I'll take anything .

Even in that quality it was nice to actually see characters in motion here.

The OP didn't sound bad. Might not go down as the most memorable OP ever, but it's ok.
Old 2014-03-27, 21:42   Link #38
Utsuro no Hako

Are they using rotoscope or some form of motion capture for the tennis matches? Because some of those motions look incredibly realistic.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 12:07   Link #39
yellowscarves

The opening looks fantastic. The back and forth between Maruo and that other tennis player already tops anything the Prince of Tennis delivered.
Old 2014-03-28, 21:24   Link #40
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Preview at last:

Sadly, it's a camrip.
Camrip or not, DAT ANIMATION Even if its only for the actual play segments, the animation looks awesome.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports, tennis