AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-19, 02:22   Link #81
Mandarake

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 2013-01-21, 09:51   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
So while Yayoi may have been an authorized music artist her hanging out, possibly preforming with, and listening to Rina's music is what increased Yayoi's CC causing her to get flagged as a latent criminal.
I think if this was the case it would have been said explicitly. I personally don't think Sybil doesn't approve some artists or their music because it increases the CC. Considering Rina ended up becoming a rebel, I think her music probably was of a subversive nature to begin with. Anti-government music, so to speak. I think Sybil didn't approve Rina's music because of this reason.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-01-21 at 21:24.
Old 2013-01-24, 23:36   Link #83
Dark Wing

This can also be true but for whatever reason Sybil didn't approve Rina's music still doesn't change the fact that Yayoi's got flagged as a latent criminal after getting together with Rina.

So it stands to reason that something about Rina and her music caused this to happen to Yayoi.
Old 2013-01-25, 19:34   Link #84
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

anyway thanks to this episode flashbacks have know that it should not have suffered severe trauma (example before these eyes see someone get killed ect)
Old 2013-01-26, 13:11   Link #85
Kazu-kun

Quote:
So it stands to reason that something about Rina and her music caused this to happen to Yayoi.
Your logic is flawed. She could have met a lot of people during that time, not only Rina. Heck, maybe her psychopath increased for something more personal and meeting Rina doesn't have anything to do with it. Ultimately, the episode didn't explain why her psychopath increased, so blaming Rina's music for it seems pretty nonsensical imo, since the cause could have been anything.
Old 2013-01-26, 13:55   Link #86
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Your logic is flawed. She could have met a lot of people during that time, not only Rina. Heck, maybe her psychopath increased for something more personal and meeting Rina doesn't have anything to do with it. Ultimately, the episode didn't explain why her psychopath increased, so blaming Rina's music for it seems pretty nonsensical imo, since the cause could have been anything.
If her P-P increased for something personal, does it also have to do the fact that she went "lesbian" based on what I have seen some of her relationship with Shion ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-01-26, 14:44   Link #87
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I hope that they'll be involving her more in the story and not just be done with that background episode. She has potential and is a cool cat but always on the far sidelines, with the least amount of lines and screentime.

It was also kind of funny to see that some people didn't think that the scene from ep2 was enough to prove her orientation. I don't see how Shion's 'just had an ecstacy' voice while greeting Akane can be interpreted, even without all the visual cues.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:42   Link #88
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

and yes its pass Psycho probably did not increase because of Rina but as Ginoza said there increases because of their passion and Yayoi is music and guitar
brief report something with his music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
I hope that they'll be involving her more in the story and not just be done with that background episode. She has potential and is a cool cat but always on the far sidelines, with the least amount of lines and screentime.

It was also kind of funny to see that some people didn't think that the scene from ep2 was enough to prove her orientation. I don't see how Shion's 'just had an ecstacy' voice while greeting Akane can be interpreted, even without all the visual cues.
I agree with you must Rina return for a 'comeback' in front of Yayoi
and this is true if people still do not understand that Yayoi is 'Yuri' ...
Old 2013-01-27, 01:21   Link #89
Dark Wing

Quote:
How is my logic flawed?

I'm simply going by the evidence shown during the episode in question.

One of Yayoi's own band mates warns her that she shouldn't hang out with Rina because that would get her hue cloudy but she turns around and goes after Rina anyway. Right after that she in a rehabilitation center with what seems like no chance of getting out.

So what else could have happened to raise Yayoi's CC to 118 besides meeting Rina, the vocalist of Prophecy? An unauthorized music artist who is spreading music that is obviously convincing people to engage in criminal activity and later even starts up her own rebel group.
Old 2013-01-31, 13:02   Link #90
Kazu-kun

Quote:
So what else could have happened to raise Yayoi's CC to 118 besides meeting Rina, the vocalist of Prophecy? An unauthorized music artist who is spreading music that is obviously convincing people to engage in criminal activity and later even starts up her own rebel group.
What the hell are you talking about? How the hell is music going to convince you of committing crimes? Oh, and being a rebel and being a criminal aren't necessarily that same thing. Furthermore, the CC only rates your "criminality", which is more like a stress level than anything else. It doesn't know if you're going to commit a crime or even if you really want to.

Does Rina's music produces stress or something? I don't know, because the whole episode was too damn vague.

Personally, I think Rina's music was labeled unauthorized probably because it was anti-government music. I can see anti-government lyrics producing social dissatisfaction, which could lead to stress, which could raise the CC. Anyway, the way I see it, at the end Rina takes the natural step forward on her activities. That is, she goes from making anti-government music to becomes a full-fledged rebel. It seems a pretty natural progression to me.
Old 2013-01-31, 19:29   Link #91
Dark Wing

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? How the hell is music going to convince you of committing crimes? Oh, and being a rebel and being a criminal aren't necessarily that same thing. Furthermore, the CC only rates your "criminality", which is more like a stress level than anything else. It doesn't know if you're going to commit a crime or even if you really want to.

Does Rina's music produces stress or something? I don't know, because the whole episode was too damn vague.

Personally, I think Rina's music was labeled unauthorized probably because it was anti-government music. I can see anti-government lyrics producing social dissatisfaction, which could lead to stress, which could raise the CC. Anyway, the way I see it, at the end Rina takes the natural step forward on her activities. That is, she goes from making anti-government music to becomes a full-fledged rebel. It seems a pretty natural progression to me.
This was what I was trying to get at. Music can effect ones mood and behavior correct?

So naturally Rina's anti-government ideals and message obviously rubbed off on Yayoi along with anyone else who listened to her and her music. Rina's music was most likely reaching a young crowd who were already with the same mind set but couldn't find anyone to get behind so filled that role.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in the world of Psyco-Pass what would be known as a psycho hazard.
Old 2013-01-31, 22:54   Link #92
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Ginoza mentioned that delving too deep into art may cause CC rising as well, that gory painter also had ended up like that.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:03   Link #93
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Well I think I got the flashback of Yayoi was to compensate for his lack of screentime in the anime, because now with episode 18, there will be no Yayoi put forward I hope not that ...

because for next episode : kougami, makishima, kogami , makishima ... akane, gino , kogami ... alala
Old 2013-03-08, 09:26   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

With only two episodes left, we can give up on seeing Yayoi's subplot get resolved. I'm starting to wonder why they even gave her her own episode. She was irrelevant before and has been irrelevant since. I wouldn't even be surprised if she had no lines in the final two episodes.

It's a shame she's so underdeveloped compared to the rest of the cast.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:48   Link #95
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I would say that everybody is under-explored save for Akane and Kougami. Yayoi is a silent character so gets hit harder by the fact that writer doesn't care about anyone who isn't in some kind of contact with Makishima Sue.

So many opportunities and such great start, so little is made use of and so many blunders up to the conclusion, that's Psycho-Pass.
Old 2013-03-08, 10:00   Link #96
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
With only two episodes left, we can give up on seeing Yayoi's subplot get resolved. I'm starting to wonder why they even gave her her own episode. She was irrelevant before and has been irrelevant since. I wouldn't even be surprised if she had no lines in the final two episodes.

I feel sorry for her as well. I like her character and appears to be the embodiement of traditionnal Japanese beauty, it's a shame she has so much potential (along with Kagari) compared to the rest of the cast and yet she's underdevelopped (probably because she didn't really appeal to Gen's tastes but rather Fukami's tastes). It doesn't help that her flashback episode doesn't explain her life before she was detected as a latent criminal as well her first meeting with Shion and some implied things as well. Maybe the Inspector Akane Tsunemori manga adaptation and prequel novels will detail more about her.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-03-08, 12:01   Link #97
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

The timing of that episode was terrible as well - right when the show should have been kicking into high gear, it meandered into this extended flashback that didn't even tie into anything.

To make things worse, it didn't even give Yayoi any neat character traits. The most important thing to come out is that she used to play the guitar.

Quote:
I would say that everybody is under-explored save for Akane and Kougami. Yayoi is a silent character so gets hit harder by the fact that writer doesn't care about anyone who isn't in some kind of contact with Makishima Sue.

So many opportunities and such great start, so little is made use of and so many blunders up to the conclusion, that's Psycho-Pass.
Yup. Much of the show can be explained by lots of sloppy writing. The early investigation episodes should have been used to characterize the cast, establish motivations, and set up the world building for the second half. Instead, lots of time was squandered on events that don't amount to much in the end.
Old 2013-03-08, 17:44   Link #98
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Yayoi's flashback I think this is to compensate for his lack of screen time........
Old 2013-03-08, 18:01   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Masaoka and Gino got decent development, but it could have definitely been infinitely better. I can't help but feel a lot of potential was wasted.

As interesting as I find Maskishima, I'm quite annoyed by the fact almost everything has been about him. It was quite detrimental to the characterization of the secondary characters who weren't obsessed involved with him. To me, he is at the same time the best and the worst aspect of the series.
Old 2013-03-09, 16:06   Link #100
jwai

What are the odds that Yayoi may still have some time to stand out in the last couple of episodes?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters