AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2019-04-25, 21:24   Link #41
LG-MAX 2.o

I think it's just a warning that the 3 movies will be released in a special BD Box in September.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-26, 18:46   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I think it's just a warning that the 3 movies will be released in a special BD Box in September.
Nice. So we might be able to watch the trilogy before season 3 begins.
Old 2019-09-19, 03:34   Link #43
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Blu-Ray release for the Sinners of the System is already out yesterday but no one subbed it yet. On the other hand I'm looking forward to see new info that will appear yesterday.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-19, 13:33   Link #44
LG-MAX 2.o

Well, there are three "movies" (although 1 hour each), it should take a while to translate with quality. But what worries me is the fact that it is almost the end of the month and nothing has yet come out about the third season of the anime.
Old 2019-09-19, 18:37   Link #45
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Well, there are three "movies" (although 1 hour each), it should take a while to translate with quality. But what worries me is the fact that it is almost the end of the month and nothing has yet come out about the third season of the anime.
We're only a little past half. Give it until the last week. If I recall correctly, there was little to no info for the first season until it aired.
Old 2019-09-21, 10:55   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

http://psycho-pass.com/bddvd/case1.php
Gallery

It sure is interesting to see Kogami with such a relieved expression despite the setting. Also, heard there will be an official English screening but I can't remember the country.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 12:25   Link #47
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
http://psycho-pass.com/bddvd/case1.php
Gallery

It sure is interesting to see Kogami with such a relieved expression despite the setting. Also, heard there will be an official English screening but I can't remember the country.
It'll get screened in Scotland mid-October.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 12:26   Link #48
LG-MAX 2.o

Several videos about the movies have been posted on Sakugabooru, if anyone is interested: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tag...ho_pass_series

My favorite from movie 3:https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/87574
Old 2019-09-21, 19:36   Link #49
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

There is already a manga of Kogami's movie being translated.
Old 2019-09-24, 04:51   Link #50
LG-MAX 2.o

Films sales.

Movie 1: Blu-ray (8162 copies) + DVD (1315) = 9477 copies
Movie 2: Blu-ray (8128 copies) + DVD (1276) = 9404 copies
Movie 3: Blu-ray (8365 copies) + DVD (1353) = 9718 copies

by: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/159004
Old 2019-09-25, 11:11   Link #51
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Pretty consistent sales for all three movies. Was expecting to see more disparity since the third one stars Kogami
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 11:40   Link #52
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

And Kogami once again keeps winning
Old 2019-10-05, 11:10   Link #53
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched the first Sinners of the System movie. Thankfully, Production I.G altered Mika a bit to be more heroic. Ginoza also had quite an awesome fight that felt a bit ridiculous though.
Old 2019-10-05, 22:44   Link #54
Chosen_Hero

^Are you sure she was "more heroic"? She basically forced an entire complex into a mutiny of people with high coefficient values. Sure, she was doing it to out the bad guys but still, that whole place got screwed partly because of her.

Also, this is something more personal but, her whole ideology that the Sybil System is perfect has been bothering me since season 2, especially with how hard the writers want to make her into the main character. Personally, I just can't bring myself to like her at all.

It's like the writers want to have their cake and eat it too, they want to showcase how horrible the Sybil System is, but then they just have the characters praise it and justify it like it's the best thing ever and the only solution to all problems and that is very, very jarring to see.

In my opinion, that is why people love Kogami, unlike everyone else in the show, he is against the obviously super evil dystopian entity and is actually fighting against it. That is why no matter how much the writers try to keep him distanced from the story or how many new characters they introduce Kogami will always be the fan favorite by a mile.

I really want to like this show and the first season is amazing (definitely my favorite), but man, do the writers make it really difficult to do so.
Old 2019-10-06, 15:34   Link #55
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I don't know if you've realized but this movie was a different take on the whole "ideal but flawed society" The Sanctuary is basically a small version of Future Japan where people live in a high level of stress and do almost nothing. In contrast to the second season, Mika here opposed the civilization and seeked to protect the innocent.

Also, about Kogami, actually both he and Akane don't approve the Sybil System. Kogami doesn't know the true form of Sybil but his desire of revenge for Sasayama made him abandon his ideals in season 1 while the third movie also makes a similar change like Mika in regards to how he views his ideals. Both Akane and Kogami know they could stand up against Sybil but it would mean a dangerous anarchism as they would sacrifice a lot of lives just to makes things different. Basically, they would become Makishima.
Old 2019-10-22, 05:23   Link #56
LG-MAX 2.o

For some reason, perhaps due to the season 3 premiere, the BD from movies have returned to the rank.

(BD) *,***,237 *,**9,839 **5 19/09/18 PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス Sinners of the System Case.3

(BD) *,***,207 *,**9,501 **5 19/09/18 PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス Sinners of the System Case.2

I think this is the biggest hit in Production IG BD sales in a while.

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/161014

Quote:
Just watched the first Sinners of the System movie. Thankfully, Production I.G altered Mika a bit to be more heroic. Ginoza also had quite an awesome fight that felt a bit ridiculous though.
That was one of the main criticisms I read about the first movie, lol.
Old 2019-10-25, 13:06   Link #57
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Watched the second and third movies yesterday. The one about Sugo really felt like one of those western movies based but with really dark twists. Nice seeing Masaoka back but Ginoza was back during the times of being angry quickly.

The third movie happened to be written by Fukami which might have necessary since he has more experience with Kogami's character. There was some action but it looks like they didn't want to put something really quite gory since the Dominator is not used. I think Sinners gave Kogami a better closure to his character than the 2015 movie which happened to be written by Urobuchi.

Also the composer sure loves spamming the same ost whenever there is a fight.
Old 2019-10-30, 11:33   Link #58
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Those were some really great episodes, but it’s interesting to note that these episodes don’t bear much similarity to the main PsychoPass series. The main PsychoPass stories have generally been about exploring the concept of the Sybil System and its applications in society and whilst the first episode featured that to an extent, the focus was largely placed on developing the cast through their own stories largely unrelated to the concept of PsychoPass (Hence the Sinners of the System subtitle). I’m assuming though that this shift in focus will stay exclusive to these episodes because it wouldn’t work for the core story. But it’s nice to see something different and the episodes didn’t suffer too much from such a focus. I say too much because one thing I enjoyed about PsychoPass Season 1 was all the creative ways in which the Urobutcher could brutalize his characters into complete and utter despair and that wasn’t much of a feature in these episodes but on a "vice-versa" level, I can't imagine that feature working in side stories like these.

The first one was a bit of throw away but it was good to see Mika finally recover some reputation from her disastrous role in Season 2. One of my (few) favourite things about Season 2 was the fact that Akane actually managed to persuade the Sybil System to make a change and actually “drain the swamp” of its more excessively evil members at the end. It was great to see Akane’s efforts finally vindicated when that happened because it proved that she could in fact make progress. Now it seems Mika is willing to take on a similar role (albeit to a smaller degree) so I’m glad she’ll have the chance to be worth something. That said it’s still kinda hard to overlook her role is Season 2 and how she lead Akane’s mother to her death. That’s still a bit of an elephant in the room.

The second one was a bit of surprise because it started focusing on what seemed like such a throw away character but by the end I was fully rooting for him, so props for the story there. I wasn’t surprised by the fact that the widow ended up being the villain but I was glad to see the character expansion on Masouka and how much he influenced Teppei. Was also amusing to see how much of a raging dick Ginoza used to be and how much that compares and contrasts to Mika and his present self respectively.

The third was easily the best. Was great to see some more POV from Kougami and I loved the exploration of his character and his life after he got the revenge he wanted. I wasn’t expecting a girl like Tenjin to stay alive by the end of the episode but she did and can’t imagine that would’ve happened if it were the Urobutcher himself writing it. But I don’t mind because Tenjin herself was a great character in her on right. She was a bit of a pander in her “Moe-Pass” but it wasn’t excessive and pretty much only skin deep. And whilst the fights did get a bit ridiculous in the first two episodes, I really enjoyed CQC and thought it was particularly well done in Kougami’s episode.

And all in all it was great to see some actual mature character drama with adult characters. There's so much juvenile "teen-fic" level crap these days that it's nice to finally see something that a grown man wouldn't be embarrassed to watch.

Last edited by Haak; 2019-10-30 at 13:59.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 05:33   Link #59
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Watched it

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-11-02 at 13:07.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 09:51   Link #60
Blaat

Aoyanagi appeared briefly in the first season, and had a slightly bigger role in the second season before being killed off by Teppei.