AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-18, 13:27   Link #181
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

For some reason in the last lineup, Mugi has got a better cleavage than Mio.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-18, 17:45   Link #182
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
From their first beach trip...

[/SPOILER]

So yeah...Yui wins here. >8D
you know what..... I really loved azusa and all.... but I think the original Four is much better than the new five.... making them 5 for me thinks that its too many.... I think 4 girls is much better.... no offense please
Old 2010-04-18, 19:49   Link #183
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Adding a fifth character does change the dynamic of the inter-relationships, and adding a junior provides continuity (broken by the previous year's club members).

But yeah, it can be argued either way as to whether a fifth wheel helps or not in terms of storytelling. I like it but I can also see the imbalances it puts on the other parts of the equation.

However, this is the Q&A thread. Unless a question is being asked or answered - its off topic Don't be surprised if a few of these posts get washed away....
Old 2010-04-18, 20:57   Link #184
Kudryavka

Takuan, I is wrong?

I accept defeat.
Old 2010-04-18, 22:47   Link #185
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far there's been no "official" release of 3-sizes, so its all speculative to some extent ...
Old 2010-04-19, 09:57   Link #186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far there's been no "official" release of 3-sizes, so its all speculative to some extent ...
Well we could use their relative hand sizes since they probably massa- *IS SHOT*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-20, 00:06   Link #187
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well we could use their relative hand sizes since they probably massa- *IS SHOT*.
Whaat?? Naughty Saintess!
Old 2010-04-20, 09:03   Link #188
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't know you anymore.
Old 2010-04-20, 11:23   Link #189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't know you anymore.
Well I SUPPOSE that could be the POSSIBLE reason why Mio has got the biggest chest and hands in the entire of K-ON!, while Azunyan had the smallest of both...

Old 2010-04-20, 22:18   Link #190
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

But why are Mugi's the warmest?
Old 2010-04-21, 04:53   Link #191
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
But why are Mugi's the warmest?
Good question. I suppose she constantly rubs them on other humans, namely......*gets run over by a car*.

Old 2010-04-22, 14:51   Link #192
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Who's the lead guitarist, really? Yui insisted that she become the lead in the first season, but when I see them playing, it seems that Azusa is the lead, and Yui the rhythm. @_@
Old 2010-04-22, 14:57   Link #193
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

realistically, it makes more sense for Yui to play rhythm while she sings and Azusa is technically more proficient (whereas Yui seems to be an idiot savant of the skill).

Its unclear sometimes who is taking what solo... I'd like to see Azusa riff off a great solo animated sometime this season.
Old 2010-04-22, 16:17   Link #194
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Hnn...I can actually tell who does what when they play...

Like, if you listen to Cagayake! GIRLS [5jin Ver.], in the 00:53 - 1:04 of it, the guitar riff in there is Azusa's, 1:34 to 1:43 of the second verse is her guitar playing...1:46 - 2:08 of the same verse is her's too. When they were yelling out names, everyone had their respective little solos according to the name call (Yui and Azusa had different-sounding riffs, but both sounded lead-tier), then lastly the short riff in 3:49 - 3:52 is still done by Azusa.

Agh, I'll rephrase my question.

Is it fine for both guitarists (Azusa and Yui in this case) to switch roles in one song? Fuwa Fuwa Time [with Azusa] has that kind of situation if I'm remembering it right...in 2:18 - 2:23, Azusa was the one doing a riff, then at 2:24 - 2:36 it was Yui.

But ehhh, that's what I hear anyway. Feel free to prove this wrong...I'm just really confused about their guitar roles. XD

Last edited by TakuanInc.; 2010-04-23 at 01:41.
Old 2010-04-22, 19:10   Link #195
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suspect they simply aren't cast in stone, so it just flips around (rather like when several lead guitarists jam together)
Old 2010-04-23, 02:54   Link #196
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Like, if you listen to Cagayake! GIRLS [5jin Ver.], in the 00:53 - 1:04 of it, the guitar riff in there is Azusa's, 1:34 to 1:43 of the second verse is her guitar playing...1:46 - 2:08 of the same verse is her's too. When they were yelling out names, everyone had their respective little solos according to the name call (Yui and Azusa had different-sounding riffs, but both sounded lead-tier), then lastly the short riff in 3:49 - 3:52 is still done by Azusa.
The weird part is that when each them do their respective solo, the basic guitar riff continues on unbroken...
Old 2010-04-23, 12:24   Link #197
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Agh, I'll rephrase my question.

Is it fine for both guitarists (Azusa and Yui in this case) to switch roles in one song? Fuwa Fuwa Time [with Azusa] has that kind of situation if I'm remembering it right...in 2:18 - 2:23, Azusa was the one doing a riff, then at 2:24 - 2:36 it was Yui.

But ehhh, that's what I hear anyway. Feel free to prove this wrong...I'm just really confused about their guitar roles. XD
It's fine. In the American Southern Rock genre, bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Outlaws had up to three lead guitarists. The guitarists would trade off all the time. They'd all know the rhythm guitar parts of the song and break out with riffs and mini-solos where appropriate.

This is likely why, in Episode One, though Yui is nominally the lead guitarist, she's practicing the rhythm guitar part so that she and Azusa can trade off.
Old 2010-04-24, 23:19   Link #198
Fandal

How heavy are electric guitars? Yui, Mio, and Azunya seem to carry their guitars everywhere!
Old 2010-04-24, 23:28   Link #199
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
How heavy are electric guitars? Yui, Mio, and Azunya seem to carry their guitars everywhere!
It really does depend on the general build and the type of wood used in the construction. Les Paul guitars (Gibson/Epiphone LPs, ESP Eclipses etc) in general tend to be pretty heavy, whereas Fender instruments tend to be lighter.
Old 2010-04-24, 23:52   Link #200
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Yeah, they're not that heavy, but if you're used to playing classical or acoustic, like me, it'll feel like the body's going to break off from the neck at first. As for basses, per Mio's case, they can get a bit heavy; Fender Jazz and Precision aren't too heavy, though, so I could imagine Mio carrying it around a lot.

Is K-ON! stylized as K-On! or K-ON! ?

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-04-29 at 20:23.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a