AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 13:06   Link #61
endarion88

Quote:
First of all, I want to thank both translators, Nera Sleith and Yoake No Hikari for translating this great LN (it was stalled for quite a while...)

And to the person above: I don't think he's doing it on purpose but EVEN IF he is, he updates it daily so it doesn't really matter (at least to me ).
it was just a joke it wasn't a critic, i am really thankfull for their work as someone who cant read japanese and is able to read this story only thanks to them i will never criticise how they work
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 14:36   Link #62
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

it's all completely on purpose.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 20:16   Link #63
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

By the way, I'm compiling a battle history that happened in the novel.
So far, here is the list of the battles up to the recent translated volume in baka-tsuki.
(I actually have up to v6 as I typed this, but for the sake of spoiler, I'll keep it under wraps)

Legend:
O = Win
X = Lose
- = Draw
AM = Awesome Moment by Kinji unless noted otherwise

v1
1. (O)Kinji vs. (X)Aria - not really a fight but it just shows how Kinji floored Aria in the opening.
2. (O)Kinji + Aria vs. (X)Riko - AM: Sliced the bullet in half using a butterfly knife

v2
1. (-)Aria vs. (-)Shirayuki - Draw: both got exhausted
2. (O)Kinji + Aria + Shirayuki vs. (X)Jeanne d'Arc 30th - AM: Edge Catching using 2 fingers.

v3
1. (-)Aria vs. (-)Riko - Draw: Kinji stopped the fight.
2. (-)Shirayuki vs. (-)Riko - Not really a fight but it's still a confrontation.
3. (O)Reki vs. (X)Wolf - AM: Reki paralyzing the wolf using her Dragunov (w/ normal bullet)
4. (O)Kinji + Aria + Riko vs. (X)Vlad Dracula - AM: Billiards with bullet

v4
1. (X)Kinji vs. (O)Kana
2. (X)Aria vs. (O)Kana
3. (O)Kinji + Aria + Shirayuki + Reki vs. (X)Patra's Minion
4. (O)Kinji vs. (X)Kana (Rematch) - AM: Mirror. Rebounded the bullet Kana fired back to the muzzle, destroying her gun.
5. (O)Kinji + Aria + Shirayuki + Kana vs. (X)Patra - AM: Catching a bullet using teeth.

v5
1. (X)Kinji + Kana vs. (O)Sherlock Holmes - AM: Infinite Bulletstorm by the three parties
2. (-)Kinji vs. (-)Aria
3. (O)Kinji vs. (X)Sherlock Holmes - AM: Kinji's Cherry Blossom
4. (X)Team Butei vs. (O)Team forgot the name (This is a Soccer Match) - AM: X-Shot/Aerial X-Shot by Aria and Kinji

v6
1. (X)Kinji vs. (O)Reki - AM: Reki displaying her ingenuity in sniping.
2. (X)Kinji vs. (O)Cao Cao (Meimei)
3. (-)Aria + Riko vs. (-)Reki + Haimaki - Draw: Kinji stopped the fight
4. (O)Reki vs. (X)Cao Cao (Juju) - AM: Reki using 2 Butei bullets (Flash and Sound) to escape the pinning position Cao Cao trapped them in.

v7
1. (O)Kinji + Aria + Reki vs. (X)Cao Cao Triplets (Meimei + Paonyan + Juju) - AM: Quadra Kinji + Castling Turn Reversal + Slash

v8
1. (-)Kinji + Aria + Watson vs. (X)Hilda - Hilda retreated
2. (O)Kinji vs. (X)Watson - AM: Tornado

v9
1. (O)Kinji + Aria + Riko vs. (X)Hilda

v10
1. (X)Aria + Shirayuki + Riko + Reki vs. (O)Kaname

v11
1. (O)Shirayuki + Jeanne (+Hilda and the rest of Team Baskerville minus Kinji) vs. (X)Kaname + Kinji

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2012-07-21 at 07:28.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 20:28   Link #64
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
v4
Spoiler for v4:
1. Did it really count as a fight? Considering Kana didn't really do much and even saved Kinji.

3. Wasn't this a loss? Patra's minions were just to lure out Aria so she could be sniped and captured.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 20:37   Link #65
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
1. Did it really count as a fight? Considering Kana didn't really do much and even saved Kinji.

3. Wasn't this a loss? Patra's minions were just to lure out Aria so she could be sniped and captured.
1. Now that you mentioned it. It's similar to small/trivial fight that Shirayuki and Riko had in v3. But I'll put it as a fight anyway, to emphasize the rematch part.

3. Yeah, they fell into Patra's trap, they were victorious against her minions though, it's just the end result is not favorable to them.
Old 2011-04-20, 06:55   Link #66
endarion88

just a clarify pls, you have started translated the vol 5 from the epilogue, it mean you'll skipp it for now and do the 6th first?

Last edited by endarion88; 2011-04-20 at 07:06.
Old 2011-04-20, 09:39   Link #67
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
just a clarify pls, you have started translated the vol 5 from the epilogue, it mean you'll skipp it for now and do the 6th first?
Ah, no. There are two translators working on HnA at the moment.

kira is translating the epilogue while Yoake no Hikari is continuing the translation in order.
Old 2011-04-20, 11:22   Link #68
KilluaX90

After reading the newest translation, I have a question: Kinji states that the school uniform can block a shot from high-caliber rifle, so why is there a need to include a bullet-proof vest in their armament set?
KilluaX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 11:23   Link #69
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Because the uniform can't block an anti-tank round.

Probably can't deflect bullets with a higher-caliber than normal, either.
Old 2011-04-20, 13:11   Link #70
endarion88

somehow i got the feeling i will really hate Sherlock

Last edited by endarion88; 2011-04-20 at 14:43.
Old 2011-04-20, 13:24   Link #71
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I'm going to start translating again soon, so you can find out for yourself.
Old 2011-04-20, 15:06   Link #72
endarion88

FTW!!!! hysteria berserk!!!!

Last edited by endarion88; 2011-04-21 at 04:05.
Old 2011-04-21, 08:56   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
それも、当然

Well, the Byou in Ranbyou is a play on leopard, so I don't know about Rambo.

But now that I think about it, there was a rambo reference when Shirayuki pulled out the M60.

How do I romanize オルクス? I think it's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orcus. What do you think?
Nevermind, I confirmed it as Orcus by using my best friend Google.
なぜこの種のシリーズいつも悪い印象を与える、俺は決して分かりはしないけど。。。。

Reki's appetite is surprisingly large for someone who normally eats nothing but energy bars...and her pwning of Aria was epic.

Could be play on Rambo too seeing how many English/Western language terms are there in this series...
Old 2011-04-21, 10:46   Link #74
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

何意味ですか?
その戦争?
人達はツンデレやHaremや が嫌いだから。。。多分

Anyways, I have no idea what pwning you're talking about, because I've only read up to what I've translated XD
Old 2011-04-21, 11:07   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
何意味ですか?
その戦争?
人達はツンデレやHaremや が嫌いだから。。。多分

Anyways, I have no idea what pwning you're talking about, because I've only read up to what I've translated XD
そうだ。。。本当に残念です。

vol 6....right after Aria and Riko catch Reki err.....doing some....fulfilment of contract with Kinji. Yeah, best way to put it.

Also...does anyone else listen to Maiden's Cappricio whenever they read a Shirayuki battle scene
Old 2011-04-21, 11:37   Link #76
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

My personal preference is actually My Heart from the Angel Beats! OST, because I need some calming music from the minutes I spent thinking up cool names for those moves >.>
Old 2011-04-21, 12:32   Link #77
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
My personal preference is actually My Heart from the Angel Beats! OST, because I need some calming music from the minutes I spent thinking up cool names for those moves >.>
I listen to Maiden's Cappricio because Shirayuki screaming exotic Shinto-ish names = Reimu throwing spell cards in danmaku battle.
Old 2011-04-21, 12:38   Link #78
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
immediate music (movie trailer music in alternate) has a lot of them, including X Ray Dog and Two steps from Hell...

and seriously...

the basis of HSS is centering the women...

Kagemoto probably had issues with his tho... he LIEKS teh females watching his manly body go into combat is what his HS mode probably is.

and if the descriptions of Patra's minion is correct, the reference for it would be a priest of Anubis, tho im still wondering why she didnt use Horus (some of you will probably relate the wedjat eye with his name) or Set.

So Nagato and Tabitha will probably have a new member in the 'stoic faces' club... Reki!
Old 2011-04-21, 12:48   Link #79
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
immediate music (movie trailer music in alternate) has a lot of them, including X Ray Dog and Two steps from Hell...

and seriously...

the basis of HSS is centering the women...

Kagemoto probably had issues with his tho... he LIEKS teh females watching his manly body go into combat is what his HS mode probably is.

and if the descriptions of Patra's minion is correct, the reference for it would be a priest of Anubis, tho im still wondering why she didnt use Horus (some of you will probably relate the wedjat eye with his name) or Set.

So Nagato and Tabitha will probably have a new member in the 'stoic faces' club... Reki!
AFAIK she's only made any facial expression only once...
Old 2011-04-21, 14:09   Link #80
endarion88

even so for now i think reki is the most cute

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen