AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 23:09   Link #6721
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

I did not find anything here when I searched for Android, so here it goes:

I have recently installed onscripter onto my HTC Desire Android phone.

1) http://onscripter.sourceforge.jp/android/android.html
>> Installed "http://onscripter.sourceforge.jp/android/ONScripter-20110619-debug.apk" with "app Installer" from the market place.
>> This installs this Android Onscripter.

2) I then make a folder in the root directory of my SD card "SDCard:/ons/"
>> this is where games must go in their own folder.

3) So I copy the Umineko7 directory that I installed to my computer from the disc into the /ons/ directory. So now I have "SDCard:/ons/Umineko7"
>> inside this I have the translation patch folder we'll call "/patch".

Everything should be setup properly by this point. For an onscripter game that does not use an English patch.

This is where things stopped working for me --> Who wants to use English patch. So I tried some things

1) I open onscripter application. I see "umineko7". I click it. It says it requires the default.ttf file.
>> I see a default.ttf file in the translation folder. I move it to the Umineko7 directory.
>> I try opening "Umineko7" again with the onscripter app. IT WORKS!
>> But unfortunately only in Japanese. I cannot read this.

2) This onscripter program has like no options. I Need to open the english patch folder first.
>> I make a shortcut to the patch folder and put it in the /ons/ directory. Onscripter does not see it. Failure.

3) I move the contents of Umineko7 into the /ons/ directory.
>> I open Onscripter and I can see the patch folder. I select it. Umineko starts and tells me that the patch has been installed incorrectly and closes. FAILURE.

Any ideas on how to make the english patch work on an android phone for Umineko?
Or am I to be stoned for asking?

Thanks in advance, regardless of the verdict.
Dragon-Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 00:54   Link #6722

The differences between ONS and ONS-En have become pretty big since they were forked. Seeing as the Umineko translation is always tailored towards the very latest developments in ONS-En, I wouldn't be surprised if the translation doesn't really work very well in ONS.

Either way, as far as I know only ONS-En supports adding a patch subdirectory to a Japanese game folder. Using ONS, you'd probably need to put default.ttf, nscript.dat (or 0.txt) and arc.nsa into the Japanese folder, and run ONS from there.

Edit: You'll have to rename the existing arc.nsa -> arc1.nsa and arc1.nsa -> arc2.nsa. Etc.

Last edited by Message; 2011-08-02 at 01:39.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 16:01   Link #6723
seaburntd

Problem when fullscreening

Well I was so happy to find 5-8 at otakon (thank you hen da ne, esp since you were sold out the following day) for the retail price 40 bucks, so my wait is finally over XD However I was annoyed to find out that the problem I've been having with Mangagamer's Higurashi just recently is appaerntly an issue here too, that in fullscreen some of the text is cut off like the screen enlarged more than it needed to be, so any ideas what may be causing this or hopefully just as simple a solution. It's still quite playable on windowed, but as the cliche goes, bigger is better.

And again, thanks to Witch Hunt for getting this great game done in a ridiculously expedient time, esp compared to many other VN translating groups, and can't wait for those choices in 8
seaburntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 21:39   Link #6724
Mirri

Send a message via MSN to Mirri
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaburntd View Post
Well I was so happy to find 5-8 at otakon (thank you hen da ne, esp since you were sold out the following day) for the retail price 40 bucks, so my wait is finally over XD However I was annoyed to find out that the problem I've been having with Mangagamer's Higurashi just recently is appaerntly an issue here too, that in fullscreen some of the text is cut off like the screen enlarged more than it needed to be, so any ideas what may be causing this or hopefully just as simple a solution. It's still quite playable on windowed, but as the cliche goes, bigger is better.

And again, thanks to Witch Hunt for getting this great game done in a ridiculously expedient time, esp compared to many other VN translating groups, and can't wait for those choices in 8
This is overscan and is caused by the scaling of your GPU drivers not being enabled or your monitor's scaling set to overscan instead of scale to aspect ratio.

I only know how to fix this in NVIDIA drivers, Intel drivers the directions are very similar.

Enter Display Driver menu. For NVIDIA you may right click the desktop and hit "NVIDIA Control Panel".

Then click on "Adjust desktop size and position" under the category "Display" in the left side of the window.

For scaling, click "Aspect Ratio" for it to not stretch the resolution to 16:9 or 5:4 if you are using a monitor with one of those resolutions.

Click "Full-screen" if you'd like it to be stretched. Then, in the dropdown menu, select "Perform Scaling on: GPU". I'm not sure what "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs" does, but go ahead and try that if you like.

If this does not work, then I don't know what to tell you, it's a display issue and not a software issue.
Mirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:32   Link #6725
nope

Hurry up already.
nope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 18:26   Link #6726
Witch of Trolling

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this question, but:

I finally got a copy of Tsubasa and I downloaded the translation patch that was linked on page 300 of this thread. However, whenever I try to run the application I simply get a black screen. Could anyone help me with this?

Also, is anyone aware of a translation of the tip "Cornelia the New Priest" that might be floating around? I'd love to read it but unfortunately I don't believe that the Tsubasa patch has a translation for that tip included.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Witch of Trolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 20:06   Link #6727
Winar

Found untranslated characters description in the seventh episode. But as I understood, kanji text is equivalent to english translated description.
Spoiler for Rusifurea:
Winar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 15:20   Link #6728
Acinem
Furudo Erik

Episode 8
Translation: 55%
Editing: 50%
Picture Editing: 85%

"Because of love, you end up seeing thing that don't even exist" - Erika Furudo
"Sympathy is evil liquor that proud are most fond of" - Dlanor A. Knox
"I am the cruelest witch in the world and I'll make any opponent of mine surrender without fail" - Frederica Bernkastel
Acinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 15:24   Link #6729
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinem View Post
Episode 8

Patience, friend...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 20:21   Link #6730
Zero Sora

I'm willing to bet the percentage has gone up a bit, they just haven't updated.
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 06:35   Link #6731
Acinem
Furudo Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
I'm willing to bet the percentage has gone up a bit, they just haven't updated.
that what I'm saying. At least if there is 70% 60% and 90% I would be happy. But for 3 months same numbers

"Because of love, you end up seeing thing that don't even exist" - Erika Furudo
"Sympathy is evil liquor that proud are most fond of" - Dlanor A. Knox
"I am the cruelest witch in the world and I'll make any opponent of mine surrender without fail" - Frederica Bernkastel
Acinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 06:46   Link #6732
moichispa
Endless witch

Sometimes it is hard to determinate a proper percentage. But I'm sure the numbers are actually more high for sure. Because these are the number of 1st patch time and WH people have been working hard since then. So don't rely in numbers so easily. Ans if you don't feel like waiting what about studding Japanese? You don't need to wait if you know Japanese.

By the way. do anyone remember the epic 6% of Episode 6?
Old 2011-08-05, 20:55   Link #6733
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moichispa View Post
Ans if you don't feel like waiting what about studding Japanese? You don't need to wait if you know Japanese.
While I would like to learn Japanese (not only for the fun of it but also the utility), by the time I learn enough to be able to read it proficiently, I think Witch Hunt will have started translating other things (hopefully :3)
DoktorFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 08:22   Link #6734
incko

well as long as witch hunt is actually working on it sometimes,
it will be finished some day in the far future :<
incko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 10:17   Link #6735
aoiakari

You don't have to be completely proficient in reading Japanese to read the novels. If you have a basic knowledge of Japanese grammar and language then you can use translation aggregator to read the novels. I did that for all of Episode 8, and it worked out very well (I've taken a year of Japanese).
aoiakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 12:45   Link #6736
Arcanis
Sticky Fingers

Send a message via MSN to Arcanis
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoiakari View Post
You don't have to be completely proficient in reading Japanese to read the novels. If you have a basic knowledge of Japanese grammar and language then you can use translation aggregator to read the novels. I did that for all of Episode 8, and it worked out very well (I've taken a year of Japanese).
Yep, I read the entirety of EP7 and EP8 like that, having taken only about a year and a half of Japanese. I followed this method basically: http://omoshiroi.info/omoblog/index...._novel_reading

It doesn't matter much if you don't know any vocabulary or kanji with this method, but you do need to dominate grammar pretty well or you'll get lost, especially with passive/potential forms and archaic/unusual inflections and speech styles, etc. I recommend Tae Kim's site for learning the basics and some advanced stuff too.

I actually learned a lot by reading Umineko like this. I feel like I polished up my grammar pretty well and acquired a bunch of new vocabulary. You just have to hang in there at beginning and have patience because at first it will be pretty intimidating, but then you gradually get used to it. Be prepared to spend minutes on a single phrase sometimes though, until you finally understand it (and grow stronger haha).
Arcanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 13:27   Link #6737
Solachinx
is a myth

The most I know about Japanese grammar is that basic sentences proceed in the order of subject, noun, and then verb :/

I don't really mind how long it takes, so long as the translation is excellent when released
Old 2011-08-06, 14:21   Link #6738
Madman6510
Child of Man

As someone who's sat through hundreds of hours of English classes in high school and before, Japanese grammar really isn't that hard compared to English (take a look at our system sometime. It's WEIRD).
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 18:04   Link #6739
tyciol
*Artist

Feel very tempted to buy this game, I will start out with your guy's demo and see how it looks. I think I will wait until ep 8 (are you guys doing Tsubasa too?).

Is it possible that when 8 is done, you might sell 4/8 (or 4/8/tsubasa) together as a batch? I'd rather just buy a big package so its less confusing.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 19:49   Link #6740
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinem View Post
Episode 8

bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation