AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 04:02   Link #3141
Eratas123

You honestly think he's gonna pic? No, I think the story's gonna end with him going to college and everyone still chasing after him like a moron.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:15   Link #3142
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Tatenashi sisters are 100% Japanese. What do you mean by olympic system? I'm not too familiar with that, but it's definitely close enough with soccer system, with the only difference being you don't have to stay for a certain period of time in the country before representing it.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:19   Link #3143
Eratas123

Well, it was/is a popular fanon idea that the Sarashiki's are half-russian. Many people did have a good reason for thinking that.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:39   Link #3144
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Tatenashi sisters are 100% Japanese. What do you mean by olympic system? I'm not too familiar with that, but it's definitely close enough with soccer system, with the only difference being you don't have to stay for a certain period of time in the country before representing it.
I knew it.
Sorry about that but after think about and then finally going back check my source its not like that olympic system.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:40   Link #3145
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
There's a theory that Touma knows what going on, but he's suppressing it because the "weakest" member of said harem is a vampire killer. Other main contenders include the walking lighting storm, the person who can fight against out of world creatures, a member of a group of secret agents, and even beer guzzling loli teacher who controls his grades.

Make a choice, and you'll end up dead anyway. Same deal with Ichika: "Uh...it feels like no matter what I say, It's not gonna turn out good for me."
whose the person that fights against other world creatures? index?
Too many members in Touma's harem, I have lost track.

Back to IS, is there definite news on vol 8?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:43   Link #3146
Eratas123

Can't post it since it might be a spoiler, so I'll just say thisL: She has big boobs.

Anyway, news is it'son hiatus but ongoing.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:11   Link #3147
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Can't post it since it might be a spoiler, so I'll just say thisL: She has big boobs.

Anyway, news is it'son hiatus but ongoing.
What's on Hiatus?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:13   Link #3148
Eratas123

The Novel. Didn't you hear about the whole "getting laid off" debacle?
Old 2012-07-20, 11:18   Link #3149
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
The Novel. Didn't you hear about the whole "getting laid off" debacle?
Oh, you meant IS? Yeah, I heard about that. Apparently he's more less done Volume 8, but has not set release date. Isn't he switching to Kodansha?
Old 2012-07-20, 11:32   Link #3150
Eratas123

Yeah, that's what was said. He's busy with After school battlefield.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:43   Link #3151
Miraluka
Banned

@Yyi: He means the saint Kanzaki Kaori.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:24   Link #3152
genryu_black

can someone tell me the synopsis of that new ln 'after school battlefield'? with picture if you can.
genryu_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:01   Link #3153
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
@Yyi: He means the saint Kanzaki Kaori.
Oh, i thought she was the member of the secret group, guess thats itsuwa then

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 23:49   Link #3154
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryu_black View Post
can someone tell me the synopsis of that new ln 'after school battlefield'? with picture if you can.
There's a synopsis posted 5 pages ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Oh, i thought she was the member of the secret group, guess thats itsuwa then
That being said though, Touma has many female acquaintances, but really only a very few of them are actively pursuing him as oppose to say Kinji and Ichika, where probably 60% of their story is harem stuff.

Plus it doesn't hurt that there is a strong cast of other male characters trying to start their own harems, some with more success than others.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 23:52   Link #3155
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's a synopsis posted 5 pages ago...

That being said though, Touma has many female acquaintances, but really only a very few of them are actively pursuing him as oppose to say Kinji and Ichika, where probably 60% of their story is harem stuff.
Different emphases in each series, really. Index doens't sell (just) for the harem-antics, it sells because Touma's a badass. Aria and IS however, do use the harem as as a selling point, with much less emphasis on combat, and as such, the MC's are a lot less badass in combat, funnier, but less badass.
Old 2012-07-24, 00:01   Link #3156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Different emphases in each series, really. Index doens't sell (just) for the harem-antics, it sells because Touma's a badass. Aria and IS however, do use the harem as as a selling point, with much less emphasis on combat, and as such, the MC's are a lot less badass in combat, funnier, but less badass.
I guess that's why I'm hesitant about most MF Bunko titles, they emphasize way too much on the harem aspect.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:09   Link #3157
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I guess that's why I'm hesitant about most MF Bunko titles, they emphasize way too much on the harem aspect.
See, that's the thing, harem antics can be seriously entertaining IF DONE RIGHT. But so many author's/mangaka/directors throw it in for the sake of putting adding in cliches to the premise, rather than actual interest in the topic. I'm proud to say that I've immersed myself in a variety of media, and the (very) few that do actually emphasize on the harem aspects, with actual interest in the aspect itself, turn out pretty well. If the authors actually focused on the relationships, group dynamics, or even everyday life of the characters in situations like that, rather than just throwing in antics for the sake of comedy or a quick domestic violence joke (I'm looking at you ZnT, Aria, IS, Index... sigh... yeah pretty much all of them really...) there could actually be some real potential there. But sadly, most people are scared of the 'new' and even amongst those whoa aren't, there's very few who can even imagine sucha concept, let alone develop it...
Old 2012-07-24, 00:11   Link #3158
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

*Sigh* it's sad, but true that 9/10 times we can predict the ending just by looking at the premise, and the character's hair colour...
Old 2012-07-24, 04:49   Link #3159
sky black swordman

^ Hmm some food for thought and you double posted .
If they do author's/mangaka/directors something new and fail what then?
Old 2012-07-24, 11:15   Link #3160
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Then it doesn't become popular in Japan and we never hear about it in the Western world. If it's not popular enough, translators don't go for them, scanners don't post them, and sellers don't list them. I'm not saying that no one's tried it yet, I'm saying that no one's who's talented/lucky/big enough has tried it, so it hasn't really sprouted. The result? We don't have access to them.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen