AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-15, 20:08   Link #61
TBox

Seeing as I was so harsh in the 67 thread, I thought I'd add my "Me too!" and say it's filler like this that justifies watching filler like 67.

I still think the plot of the "games" was a little sketchy, "It was all a big test!" is not that far removed from "I'm just a jerk. Boy did I get you!" But they've shifted gears so hard and fast mechanics three states away are wincing and going, "I'm glad I don't have to repair that."

Frankly, I loathe the undead. So when a series introduces vampires, and they're soul-sucking monsters, not misunderstood emo-hemophiliacs, it's a treat for me. Go Bleach!
Old 2006-02-15, 20:11   Link #62
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBox
Seeing as I was so harsh in the 67 thread, I thought I'd add my "Me too!" and say it's filler like this that justifies watching filler like 67.

I still think the plot of the "games" was a little sketchy, "It was all a big test!" is not that far removed from "I'm just a jerk. Boy did I get you!" But they've shifted gears so hard and fast mechanics three states away are wincing and going, "I'm glad I don't have to repair that."

Frankly, I loathe the undead. So when a series introduces vampires, and they're soul-sucking monsters, not misunderstood emo-hemophiliacs, it's a treat for me. Go Bleach!

When I first read the last sentance in your thread, i thought you said emo-homophibics >_>;;

Yes, the soul sucking was an interesting twist, but seems kinda like a stretch to me. Sucking souls amazingly gives them the power to summon massive fire demons? And how do they get around the fact that cells can only split so many time before an entity dies, It has nothing to do with the soul.

Oh dear, I've brought science into me....I shall be crucified and lampooned for this XD
Old 2006-02-15, 22:10   Link #63
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
ZOMG RUKIA'S BACK! Squeeeee!

Nova's plushie is adorable! I was cracking up at the scene with him and Chad just staring at each other. XD It's the silent duo...
Old 2006-02-16, 00:09   Link #64
SeekAndDestroy

Man I wanted to comment so bad on this thread I actually made an account :-p... in any case; I thought this was a great episode, it turned some of the annoying things from the last few episodes and made them interesting..

granted some of the stuff was kinda obvious (cept for that ending) but fun nonetheless. onto the other stuff...

yeah some things do make you wonder about Ukitake but then again isn't bleach filled with weird wrong relationship hints; they joke about it almost every episode... and that image wasn't that bad, nothing wrong with a little bondage, tho that leather suit was taking it a little too far...
Old 2006-02-16, 00:24   Link #65
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I wonder if rinrin is any good at fighting. So far she has been doing crap. Although in a typical plotline, when someone does not fight it's because they are "so" much better then the others.
Old 2006-02-16, 00:33   Link #66
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
P.S. Chanting "KiNa.. KiNa.. KiNa" for the relntlessly dancing birdy.
Do I sensed a bit of worshipping here?

EDIT: Woops ...

And if the dolls cant get back to their old body back.. they BETTER be able to do their skills in those doll bodies >.>

I love the nova teleporting skill...
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-02-16, 00:50   Link #67
SeekAndDestroy

True it would be bad if they became just stuffed vampire locators... on the other hand seeing how useful they would be with all of they abilities combined that's probably exactly what is going to happen....

(I wonder what anyone would think if they walked into Ichigo's room; at this point both his body and a little girls body are laying in his floor that's a little bit too suspicious)
Old 2006-02-16, 01:09   Link #68
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekAndDestroy
(I wonder what anyone would think if they walked into Ichigo's room; at this point both his body and a little girls body are laying in his floor that's a little bit too suspicious)
I don't think his sisters would even think about something like that, and I'm sure his father might understand if he studied everything a li'l closer. *ahem*

Though most anyone else would get the wrong idea for sure.
Old 2006-02-16, 01:23   Link #69
TBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Yes, the soul sucking was an interesting twist
I dunno that I'd call it a twist. You have to remember that vampires (western, at least, and the artwork implies that's what the anime is referring to) are a medieval legend, and to the medieval mind, the blood was more than just a fluid circulating through the body. Think of all the expressions we have today that are based on parts of our body: Your blood can run hot, or cold. We still call people heartless, most people have at least heard of venting your spleen... You can have an attack of nerves, or need to build up the nerve for something. The medieval mind firmly placed these descriptors as the cause of events: Your blood did not become hot because you were angry. You became angry because your blood ran hot. When a vampire stole your blood, he was stealing more than just the physical liquid, he was stealing the source of your emotions, a part of your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Oh dear, I've brought science into me....I shall be crucified and lampooned for this XD
Well, y'know, it's always interesting the things that set people off. I mean, violent damage to conservation of mass, conservation of energy, conservation of momentum, that's fine, that's suspension of disbelief. But overcoming telomere limits? That makes you go, "Nuh uh. That's not possible."

I had a similar moment in some other anime recently. I'd share it with you just for sympathy value, but I forget it right now. I apologize.

Off the top of my head I could think of a few different ways that soulsucking leads to summoning fire demons. I think the key thing to remember right now is that they're called "Bound" (assuming that's accurate.) IIRC, Quincy was glossed as meaning "Destroyer" for some reason. Adding in Hollow, Plus, Menos Grande, and others leads to the conclusion that the naming scheme for this kind of thing in Bleach is mostly metaphorically descriptive. I figure that the thought of Binding, especially opposite the Quincy's focus on Destroying (and Urahara's description of the Bound being like Quincies -- humans with special powers) is going to tie into how they happen to have huge flaming servants. (See? They're not homophobic.) Not sure how yet, though, given that they are the Bound, not the Binders. It'd be too easy if they were Binders. (Three ring.)

Last edited by TBox; 2006-02-16 at 01:59.
Old 2006-02-16, 02:59   Link #70
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Hm, even though it's interessting to discuss how the events of this arc will fit into the main storyline afterwards, it doesn't belong into this thread, since here are no manga spoilers allowed.

I've not seen the episode yet, so I wonder: Why did they put the mod souls into doll bodies?
The only reason, Kon was put into a doll was, because they didn't have a real body for him, however as we could see in the previous episodes these mod souls have bodies to use. So there doesn't seem to be a good (in-story) reason for them to change this fact.
Well, maybe I'll know after I've seen the episode.
That's actually a good question...I'm assuming those bodies they had were on a timer before they expired

With Ririn, I think I can understand cause she is kinda loud and obnoxious now <_< it was easy for Rukia to hide in Ichigo's room because she was always quiet, but Ririn is kinda the opposit

With Claude/Cloud/however it's really spelled...I would think people would wonder why Inoue (especially her friends) would wonder why there's a old lecher staying w/ her (which I'll assume is going to be for a long time)

Chad......I can't really think of anything beside not having a spot for Nova to sleep

I'm not sure about housing in Japan...is it like student housing? or parents are paying for housing? (shrugs...) With that thought I can assume they have room inspections and having people staying in the housing (assuming is school housing) that don't go to the school would be not very welcomed <.<

Another question that just popped into my head...I wonder what they do w/ the bodies <.<
Old 2006-02-16, 04:00   Link #71
coooltoool

huh so i guess there not gonna go with the manga any more... what a pity
Old 2006-02-16, 05:03   Link #72
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by coooltoool
huh so i guess there not gonna go with the manga any more... what a pity
I think you misunderstand. The manga isn't being thrown away. This is a just an extended segue into the next arc. Eventually the anime will be adapting the manga again.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-16, 05:33   Link #73
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think he misunderstood as well. Give the anime time - it will eventually catch up to you 'manga' people ... Of course one cannot avoid the comparison, but please - the manga is manga, and anime is anime. Ugh.
Old 2006-02-16, 05:46   Link #74
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

I actaully dont mind it. These fillers are cool, its kinda giving Ichigo a reality check. Not being able to use his Ban Kai so fast. How the introduced Rukia again, she saved his ass this time, I have hear and seen some cool things about her zanpakutou. In time they will have to go back to the manga like it was said before.
Old 2006-02-16, 05:55   Link #75
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I like the fillers no matter others say. Not only did it awaken my love for Bleach anime, it also awakened the love I had for character development.
Old 2006-02-16, 06:28   Link #76
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

@Dionysus

Edit that or you'll get banned.

Vampires don't necessarily come from Transylvania, you know. That's only Dracula's place.
Old 2006-02-16, 06:48   Link #77
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

I already warned him, I got banned for the same thing earlier this week. I sent him a PM and he doesnt care.

BACK TO THE TOPIC: So the myths about vampires and similar creatures are really accounts of the Bound's activity? I wonder if the have had encounters with the shinigami, she knew what Ichigo was right away. I think that this particular story is interesting for a filler. (Unlike those Naruto epidoses, I stopped watching Naruto for 2 months and I just picked up again)
Old 2006-02-16, 07:13   Link #78
asam_laksa

No message.

Last edited by asam_laksa; 2006-02-16 at 07:17. Reason: double post
Old 2006-02-16, 07:15   Link #79
asam_laksa

From episode 64-67. I thought the filler arc was good. Very good.because Ichigo didn't have to fight with his sword and it was something different.

AND NOW??!! I think it sucks with the revelation that Urahara was behind this. HE TRICKED US ALL!!! Not only Ichigo-ikkou, but US ALSO!!! What is this with him suggesting to record the kidnapper's voice AND THEN ANALYSING IT when he conspired with his cohorts who kidnapped Inoue. What is he with Yoruichi and Tessai standing outside and look at the dark whirling clouds as if this was something that never happened at all!!??

WHAT IS THIS??? Fricking filler!!!! I HATE URAHARA!!!!

There is one thing that I hate most is to have the story not be able to complement and join with each other. I can stand annoying characters, ridiculous scenarios but if they do not explained what happened in the past and why it happened....I would lose interest on it.

On another note.....do you think if Uryuu had his Quincy powers, would he be able to defeat Bounds himself??
Old 2006-02-16, 07:18   Link #80
dreadnoxx
Furry lil creature

First of all, I'd like to apologize if my words I'm about to speak are irrelevant to the topic, harsh, bad, negative, etc... whatever you wanna call it. I'm just simply venting out and I don't think i can keep this any longer.

WTF is this crap?!!! This whole "Bound" saga? They ruined everything!!! They could've just started with the Arrancar Saga but they didn't. For someone who has followed Bleach (and loved it so much) for so long, watching these new filler eps is pain in teh ___.

Gosh darn it, this is soo pissing me off...
Closed Thread