AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 09:53   Link #301
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 8

Wasn't expecting Miyuki to be so forward with Tatsuya. Only the densest of dense MCs (basically Ichika from IS) could not have realized her feelings at that time. She was almost Yandere-ish to point where I thought she might actually done something to him. Oh and it's pretty clear that Erika has much less in finding club activities than hanging out Tatsuya.

So one of the reasons why Tatsuya's CAD is so good is because his family actually has government/military grade tuning equipment at home for personal use. Kinda of unfair, but so is school's system, meh.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 10:23   Link #302
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Wasn't expecting Miyuki to be so forward with Tatsuya. Only the densest of dense MCs (basically Ichika from IS) could not have realized her feelings at that time. She was almost Yandere-ish to point where I thought she might actually done something to him. Oh and it's pretty clear that Erika has much less in finding club activities than hanging out Tatsuya.
Miyuki yandere? Not at all. You can even see tears in her eyes while punishing her Onii-sama

I don't think Tatsuya is dense, but he can't express more than a brotherly affection towards his little sis.

Quote:
So one of the reasons why Tatsuya's CAD is so good is because his family actually has government/military grade tuning equipment at home for personal use. Kinda of unfair, but so is school's system, meh.
That doesn't mean anything. The tunning eq. only is a tool. Like a computer. The talent is within the person who operates that tool.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 10:55   Link #303
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Miyuki yandere? Not at all. You can even see tears in her eyes while punishing her Onii-sama
Dunno man, punishing your love interest under even slightest perceived notion he might have "eyes" for another girl is pretty Yandere-ish.

Quote:
I don't think Tatsuya is dense, but he can't express more than a brotherly affection towards his little sis.
Oh I'm pretty sure he's aware of her feelings, his dialogue hints as much. I'm noting even your average shounen protagonist "who is as dense as rock" couldn't ignore a scene like that.

Quote:
That doesn't mean anything. The tunning eq. only is a tool. Like a computer. The talent is within the person who operates that tool.
That's true to extent, but operating equipment still makes a difference. Just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm not begrudging Tatsuya here at all, the fact he can use such professional and complex devices with while still being a high school student is extreme impressive. It still means however, that he has a slight advantage over your normal "weed" mage student on top of his talent.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:08   Link #304
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Dunno man, punishing your love interest under even slightest perceived notion he might have "eyes" for another girl is pretty Yandere-ish.

Oh I'm pretty sure he's aware of her feelings, his dialogue hints as much. I'm noting even your average shounen protagonist "who is as dense as rock" couldn't ignore a scene like that.

That's true to extent, but operating equipment still makes a difference. Just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm not begrudging Tatsuya here at all, the fact he can use such professional and complex devices with while still being a high school student is extreme impressive. It still means however, that he has a slight advantage over your normal "weed" mage student on top of his talent.
But don't yanderes target the girls, not their love interests?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 11:21   Link #305
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But don't yanderes target the girls, not their love interests?
Not at all, they can certainly target the person of affection if they can't truly have them (see Higurashi etc). That said, I'm not calling Miyuki a "Yandere" only poking fun of her disposition in the lab scene as wasn't too far off one traditionally. I don't really she is really capable of going to such extremes.
Old 2012-08-03, 15:21   Link #306
Mentar
Banned

It should be mentioned that the manga deviated from the novel a bit here. In the novel, Miyuki didn't have a teary-eyed outburst, but rather used the restraint magic she asked Tatsuya to install for an attack which took him out for 1 second - a prank which both of them laughed about afterwards.

So yes, while it's clear that Miyuki _is_ affected by jealousy, I think the manga overplayed the yandere aspect quite a bit.

Whoops ... thank you very much Syokool/Ariel for releasing Yuutousei c1 in English!

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-08 at 02:53.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:41   Link #307
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

You're welcome. I think Seitsuki deserves the credit here, since he didn't drop the series after so long
Old 2012-08-07, 10:56   Link #308
Mentar
Banned

Seitsuki: The Miyuki Guard salutes you! Hip hip hooray!!

So what's the plan? Catching up soonish? I assume you have the necessary raws? Really looking forward to reaching the latest chapters. Honoka in Miykuki fangirl mode is hilarious!

*tickled pink to finally get some proper Yuutousei*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 10:58   Link #309
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Whoops ... thank you very much Syokool/Ariel for releasing Yuutousei c1 in English!
eh?, where?, I didn't see it in any reading site?

oh well,...

*call Warlock*....
'do me a favor and leave those corpse, they already dead'
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:37   Link #310
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for scanlating this guys .

*cheers*
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 11:39   Link #311
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Seitsuki: The Miyuki Guard salutes you! Hip hip hooray!!

So what's the plan? Catching up soonish? I assume you have the necessary raws? Really looking forward to reaching the latest chapters. Honoka in Miykuki fangirl mode is hilarious!

*tickled pink to finally get some proper Yuutousei*
We have everything cleaned and ready to publish (Spanish), but we will release the next chapters at the same time (both versions). We are using Sasuke706's raws, so thanks to him as well.

Chapter 2 will be finished today so I can send this to Seitsuki for the QC.

Btw, my editor/slave, and me were playing Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, so there were like 2 or 3 days of doing nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
eh?, where?, I didn't see it in any reading site?

oh well,...

*call Warlock*....
'do me a favor and leave those corpse, they already dead'
Mentar was way too fast, I was updating MU and other things

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-08-07 at 11:48. Reason: Posts above appeared way too fast
Old 2012-08-07, 16:58   Link #312
Seitsuki
Onee!

Nah I'm kidding, with Miyuki I can overcome anything. (...looks dejectedly at LNs..)

Oh right. Enjoy Her Highness.

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2012-08-07 at 20:17. Reason: I do now.
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 22:55   Link #313
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
look like RAW in Chinese caught up to the latest Japan RAW, it's has 4th chapter already
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 03:02   Link #314
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I would like to remind everyone not to post links, info or even hints about any scanlation site that deals with licensed material. Even if you link to unlicensed stuff directly, it will still be considered a violation of our rules if the site itself contains licensed mangas.
Old 2012-08-09, 12:40   Link #315
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Well, I may go to Comiket, and I have sent ch.2 to Seitsuki today, so I think it will be uploaded after QC the next week.

A little teaser from my friend:
Spoiler for ch2:
Old 2012-08-09, 15:29   Link #316
Iron Maw
Banned

Big thanks to all those involved in the Yuutousei's scanlation, your hard work is appreciated.

On to the manga, so this is essentially supplementary/companion piece to the original work with Miyuki as POV character huh? Sounds good! I also like that we see more of the world outside the school at least compared to the source. I'm kinda of surprised and disappointed at how normal it looks though. For a society where Mages and magic is known to exist as well as be a commonplace thing (rather than some secret club), you think there be some more obvious applications to be seen. I'm still unclear what sort work Tatsuya actually does, but damn his ability memorize and understand huge pieces of info in a matter of seconds is insane (in a good way).

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-08-09 at 15:44.
Old 2012-08-09, 15:48   Link #317
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Wait, so you guys were the ones who brought us more Miyuki-sama? I'm honored. In fact, I'll be even happier if you get off your butts and catch up to the raws on Yuutousei ~hint~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
I'm still unclear what sort work Tatsuya actually does, but damn his ability memorize and understand huge pieces of info in a matter of seconds is insane (in a good way).
I wonder if he's just born that way, or if he was magically modified. The dialogue with the Butler seems to imply that it's a combination, that he could take "implants/modifications" without breaking because of his innate strength and potential, or something.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 09:41   Link #318
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was modified in some way. After all, that conversation regarding a letter their father sent to Miyuki seems to imply something. That said, I'm unclear whether his mind ability was either due to the modification, or was enhanced by the modification (or it might not have been affected at all and something else was affected).
Old 2012-08-10, 11:53   Link #319
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Man that Yuutousei chapter was way too sweet and sugary lol

There was something off, maybe it was the cliches, the whole people fawning over them cause they look great and all that jazz and the coincidence of the guy showing up there, it wasn't particularly good story telling if I'm honest but I really didn't care as Miyuki made it all good baby.

Well I suspect the guy is dead meat for getting in the way of her date with her Onii-sama, can't go messing with super powered Imouto's

So much lovely Miyuki!
Old 2012-08-13, 16:12   Link #320
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Yuutosei 2 is out

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
with Miyuki I can overcome anything.
* Salutes *

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-08-13 at 16:22.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei