AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-08-31, 23:24   Link #1861
Zarifus

Hi everyone, reading the last few pages of posts, I just thought of something. Has anyone other then the dragon slayers actually seen the dragons? or can any of the characters prove that its only been 7 years? From what I can recall, they've all lived in seclusion when with their respective dragons, only to come out to society when they disappeared.

If I'm wrong on this, and just missed something (I'm too lazy to go back and check :P), then my following theory would be wrong. The most recent chapter made me thing that its possible that the time Natsu, Gazille, and Wendy spent with their respective dragons actually happened a loooong long time ago. When something happened to the dragons, they slayers were put into some kind of coma/time-freeze state. After that, 7 years ago, the magic wore off, and they all woke up and ended up where they are now. Since they lived in seclusion, they wouldn't be able to tell if a large amount of time passed (plus that fact that they were really really young).
To the outside world, the dragons are long since extinct, and the dragon slayers are over 80 years old...

Possible?
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 23:27   Link #1862
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
hm... possible, yes. Of course, I'd love to see what reason comes up for the cryosleep that they'd need to go through

though I need to look through the manga again and see if they give a specific year as well for the disappearance of the Dragons, instead of just the month and day

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 00:28   Link #1863
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Okay, this chapter exceeds my expectation. We anticipated that Cobra is another fake, but the way it was presented was very interesting; a distinction between traditional dragon slayers and lachrymal dragon slayers.

And Natsu defeated Cobra with a fucking ROAR! Awesome and quite unexpected. I hope we will be able to see more unique dragonish characteristics that lachrymal dragon slayers can't copy, in the future. Dragon breath, dragon claw, dragon wing, dragon roar, anything else left beside a completed dragon transformation itself?
Dragon scale? Dragon whisker?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 10:06   Link #1864
Wrath88
Kissing...

Anyone thought that perhaps the dragons went away because they were hunted in order for the creation of lachryma? Whether its of their own will or because someone did it to them is unknown though.
Old 2009-09-01, 12:03   Link #1865
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That's what happened when you have sensitive ears

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:27   Link #1866
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

ROAR! nuff said xDD

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 15:58   Link #1867
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Anyone thought that perhaps the dragons went away because they were hunted in order for the creation of lachryma?
I dunno. If it's someone badass enough to pawn all the dragons, why does he/she need the lachryma? The most cliches scenario would be that the dragons went into seclusion for a plan to fight against an uber evil.

Or may be they just sleep, mate, then sleep

Quote:
Dragon scale? Dragon whisker?
I expect a dragon fart
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 16:35   Link #1868
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

How did anyone can manage to get a dragon's Lachryma ? Is it by magic, or by trying to get it from the dragon itself ?

Judging at how strong the dragon really is, I seriously wonder about that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 20:27   Link #1869
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I dunno. If it's someone badass enough to pawn all the dragons, why does he/she need the lachryma? The most cliches scenario would be that the dragons went into seclusion for a plan to fight against an uber evil.
MAybe the evil guy wanted to defeat the dragons but could only keep up with say one dragon. The mass-creation of dragon slayers could eventually overpwoer the dragons. And the issue of "(s)he's fighting one dragon, where are all the rest?" can be debated due to the exchange between Grandine and Igneel, which depicts that the dragons may not be on good terms with each other, or have significantly different views on the magic world and the humans that inhabit it. (maybe that's what the banquet/feast is for )
Old 2009-09-01, 22:00   Link #1870
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

For some reason, I'm sensing a Zeref connection in here somewhere...

Old 2009-09-02, 13:59   Link #1871
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I dunno. If it's someone badass enough to pawn all the dragons, why does he/she need the lachryma?
Lachryma must cost a shitload of money, bad guys always aim for the big bucks first...
Quote:
I expect a dragon fart
I expect DRAGON TAIL! and dragon...horns?
Quote:
my following theory would be wrong. The most recent chapter made me thing that its possible that the time Natsu, Gazille, and Wendy spent with their respective dragons actually happened a loooong long time ago.
Had you read many pages back, you'd have seen theories of them drinking dragon blood and being immortal...I would have added the crack of them all being dragons too, had they not appeared in a chapter

This week was hell for me, had to paint the house, three days w/o PC!! But my perseverance has paid off with a good FT chapter^^ The fight was great, but Natsu got thrashed...where's Wendy when you neeeed her?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 14:06   Link #1872
Cinocard

Quote:
Lachryma must cost a shitload of money, bad guys always aim for the big bucks first...
Money should not matter that much when you can fucking slain a dragon! The final big bad must be one to destroy or dominate the world or something, and they may not need the money to do that like in CG or Gundam.

Quote:
IRC, don't we have a dragon tail already?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 14:28   Link #1873
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Had you read many pages back, you'd have seen theories of them drinking dragon blood and being immortal...I would have added the crack of them all being dragons too, had they not appeared in a chapter
That's been kinda confirmed by Cobra, though. Only dragons may use DS magic. Natsu, Gazille and Wendy can use DS magic. Therefore, Natsu, Gazille and Wendy are dragons. (Some kind of larval stage, obviously.)

Then again, what does Cobra know?
Old 2009-09-02, 14:40   Link #1874
Kafriel
Senior Guest

More importantly, WHO knew that lachryma crystals can share DS power to their users besides Lexus' father? And how much would they know about the original DS generation and the dragons?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 17:36   Link #1875
Clarste
Human

Where do dragon lachryma come from? Why are people assuming it involves killing dragons? The most logical thing to me would be harvesting dragon fossils or something, but for all we know you make them in a lab somewhere and they're just called dragon lachryma because they give powers resembling DS powers.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 23:31   Link #1876
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's been kinda confirmed by Cobra, though. Only dragons may use DS magic. Natsu, Gazille and Wendy can use DS magic. Therefore, Natsu, Gazille and Wendy are dragons. (Some kind of larval stage, obviously.)
I thought it was that only dragons can teach dragonslaying magic?

which I have always thought was weird but also makes sense...

Old 2009-09-07, 14:38   Link #1877
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Ch.151
Spoiler:
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 15:12   Link #1878
Lord Uiruu

God the anime is gonna rock.......
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 16:07   Link #1879
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Good chapter. I loved Gray's "I knew the day where he'd be recruited by a dark guild would come".

Jura's big scene was nice too.
Old 2009-09-07, 16:37   Link #1880
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Good chapter. I loved Gray's "I knew the day where he'd be recruited by a dark guild would come".

Jura's big scene was nice too.
Richard seems pretty powerful as well and Midnight sucks.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen