AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 294 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 19.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 8.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 4.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-20, 21:20   Link #1601
Scion

Since Diethard was recording the last scenes of Zero, shouldn't he have captured Lelouch removing his mask showing the world who he was, and couldn't this video be sent to the media so now everybody in the world knows who Zero/Lelouch is now?
Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 21:27   Link #1602
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
Since Diethard was recording the last scenes of Zero, shouldn't he have captured Lelouch removing his mask showing the world who he was, and couldn't this video be sent to the media so now everybody in the world knows who Zero/Lelouch is now?
It'll probably be overshadowed by Charles' broadcast about destroying the old world and create a new world from it. I'll say both Britannia and the BK have to worry about that instead of Lulu/Zero.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:38   Link #1603
Highlygifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
It'll probably be overshadowed by Charles' broadcast about destroying the old world and create a new world from it. I'll say both Britannia and the BK have to worry about that instead of Lulu/Zero.
Who knows, maybe they'll end up joining together to fight Charles, and fail, leaving Lelouch left to take him on.
Highlygifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:54   Link #1604
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyllani View Post
Lelouch's smarts and advanced knowledge of Geass may give him an edge. You know what, I take it back. Edge or not, Lelouch has proven himself nothing more than a little boy playing a man's game. Beaten both by Daddy & Brother. Alive, only because Daddy wills it. Victory after victory, yet, never true threat to Charles. If he thinks he has a chance against daddy, more power to him. Best case senario, we kill two annoying birds with one stone. I'm sure C.C. (can't help but feel she'll have some part in a final battle) will be their to hand him the victory if Charles get to close to winning.

Who knows what Schniezel is capable of. I wouldn't completely write him off. He'll give Daddy all he can handle (or not). Geass out of the equation, both him and Lelouch on an equal footing fighting daddy, hmm... I'd hop, skip, and jump behind Commander Schniezel. Unfortunately, it's Lelouch's Rebellion. I'm not deluding myself into thinking Schniezel will be on the one to end big Daddy. I just hope that when all is said and done, the right guy is ruling the world. Not Lelouch or Charles...
Not a fair comparison.

One prince has had it all, army, power, while the other had to obtain those on his own, rather than have it given to him just because of his standing. Regardless of victory or defeat, Lelouch's accomplishments have been greater than Schneizel's.

And when it comes down to it, and he confronts daddy and takes his code, you can bet your ass Charles is going to say " JUST AS PLANNED MY SON!" as he hands Lelouch his code.

If anything Charles, deep inside is proud of his little experiement, which is about to reach its conclusion. How you might ask? It will happen when he is challenged by Lelouch vi Britannia, and not Zero. In other words, when Lelouch leaves all the lies behind, the mask, the Zero persona, and confronts him as who he really is.

Schneizel is nothing more than another obstacle for Lelouch to overcome in his quest to succeed Charles.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 23:00   Link #1605
Highlygifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Not a fair comparison.

One prince has had it all, army, power, while the other had to obtain those on his own, rather than have it given to him just because of his standing. Regardless of victory or defeat, Lelouch's accomplishments have been greater than Schneizel's.

And when it comes down to it, and he confronts daddy and takes his code, you can bet your ass Charles is going to say " JUST AS PLANNED MY SON!" as he hands Lelouch his code.

If anything Charles, deep inside is proud of his little experiement, which is about to reach its conclusion. How you might ask? It will happen when he is challenged by Lelouch vi Britannia, and not Zero. In other words, when Lelouch leaves all the lies behind, the mask, the Zero persona, and confronts him as who he really is.

Schneizel is nothing more than another obstacle for Lelouch to overcome in his quest to succeed Charles.
I can agree with mostly everything you said, but I think Schneizel is the rival to Lelouch. Charles' objective is to see which one of the two can overcome lies first, to succeed him. Schneizel tries to appear truthful on the surface, but underneath, he's a lier as well, but now that Lelouch has finally stopped lying, Lelouch will end up winning.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:06   Link #1606
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
I've been repeating this idea for a while now
Scheneizel and Lelouch has the potential to ally
We know that Scheneizel is afraid of what Charles is planning
Also Cornelia has all the info about what's going on from Bartley
Even if Scheneizel isn't completely convinced, there's still a very high potential that those 3 will ally up against Charles
It also explains why Scheneizel has been trying to get with Lelouch (ep 17 and 19)
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 23:08   Link #1607
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Lelouch is in the way as far as Scheneizel knows, and Lelouch isn't the type to be helpful, especially after this betrayal Scheneizel orchestrated.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:09   Link #1608
Highlygifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I've been repeating this idea for a while now
Scheneizel and Lelouch has the potential to ally
We know that Scheneizel is afraid of what Charles is planning
Also Cornelia has all the info about what's going on from Bartley
Even if Scheneizel isn't completely convinced, there's still a very high potential that those 3 will ally up against Charles
It also explains why Scheneizel has been trying to get with Lelouch (ep 17 and 19)
But do you think the Emperor expects this, or still believes in Darwinism, and pits his children against each other like I said above to see which one can stop lying first. Your theory makes some sense, and checks out, but I don't feel that Charles doesn't have another motive behind his actions.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:12   Link #1609
rpgman1

It's just a power struggle between three rulers. The chess game would show only two. You have to look at the bigger picture. That's why in the OP they show Charles, Schneizel, and Lelouch with those spotlights, except Lelouch's spotlights are more numerous and show his true colors instead of blue and red to indicate two sides of a coin.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:17   Link #1610
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
It's just a power struggle between three rulers. The chess game would show only two. You have to look at the bigger picture. That's why in the OP they show Charles, Schneizel, and Lelouch with those spotlights, except Lelouch's spotlights are more numerous and show his true colors instead of blue and red to indicate two sides of a coin.
I was wondering why they used blue and red.

In the world, britannia is colored blue and the UFN is colored Red.

Here we see Charles with Blue/Red and Schenzeil Red/Blue makes me wonder.

Quote:

There are some things about Chuckles that makes him suspcious. He's aware that CC was immortal yet he sent in Lelouch to bait her and even had orders for his men to shoot her on sight (which obviously wouldn't do jack). That and he has been pretty lenient with his son. There are times when he could've just axed him off but didn't.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 23:17   Link #1611
Sprite_Coke

Well from what we've seen so far, we can infer that everything Charles does is to "destroy the gods" (whatever that means, I honestly have no idea). And Darwinism doesn't necessarily take a significant stance here. Lots of demogogues play that card to justify their methods.
This doesn't really have anything to do with anything but it's something interesting so I'm pointing it out: Charles' goal (based on what he said on ep 19) "To destroy the old world and create the new" is word to word same in meaning as Lelouch's, "Destruction is necessary for reconstruction"
Old 2008-08-20, 23:18   Link #1612
Highlygifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I was wondering why they used blue and red.

In the world, britannia is colored blue and the UFN is colored Red.

Here we see Charles with Blue/Red and Schenzeil Red/Blue makes me wonder.
I doubt that means much, but the color thing with Charles and Schneizel only having 2 colors and Lelouch having many might symbolize something, what you said sounded a little bit too vague.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:19   Link #1613
rpgman1

Quote:
Well from what we've seen so far, we can infer that everything Charles does is to "destroy the gods" (whatever that means, I honestly have no idea). And Darwinism doesn't necessarily take a significant stance here. Lots of demogogues play that card to justify their methods.
This doesn't really have anything to do with anything but it's something interesting so I'm pointing it out: Charles' goal (based on what he said on ep 19) "To destroy the old world and create the new" is word to word same in meaning as Lelouch's, "Destruction is necessary for reconstruction"
That's like the legend of the phoenix. Rising from its own ashes & flames and reborn as a new phoenix.
Old 2008-08-20, 23:23   Link #1614
Sprite_Coke

If we're going to talk about the symbolism of the colors, the most important ones are Black and White.
1. Chess games, Lelouch is always black
2. Suzaku is asociated as the White Knight
3. The Black Knights
4. From the ending slideshow (both of 'em), all the people on Lelouch's side has black wings while the rest has white wings.
(An interesting note), from the 1st ending, Rolo has both black wings and white wings
Old 2008-08-20, 23:35   Link #1615
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
If we're going to talk about the symbolism of the colors, the most important ones are Black and White.
1. Chess games, Lelouch is always black
Actually, in Turn 1 he was playing white.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 23:43   Link #1616
rpgman1

The OP did show two shadowy figures for Charles and Schneizel, but Zero doesn't cast any shadows (instead it's three lights) and has four colors (blue, green, yellow, and red). It makes Lelouch look like the light of hope (the starring protagonist as well).
Old 2008-08-20, 23:46   Link #1617
Sprite_Coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Actually, in Turn 1 he was playing white.
You stumped me there. I could say that he had no memories and therefore he had no grudge or any hatred in him at the time, but I don't see it as a strong point. If you go with it, great
Old 2008-08-20, 23:51   Link #1618
Sprite_Coke

There should be no discussion at all about the fact that Lelouch is the main protagonist.
But since we're talking about the Opening, I find it interesting that the only characters that are flashed (before the title pops up) are C.C. Suzaku Nunnally and Scheneizel. The former 3 are obviously supporting protagonists, then there's Scheneizel. Bring up my previous point about Lelouch and Scheneizel's potential alliance
Old 2008-08-20, 23:58   Link #1619
rpgman1

Quote:
There should be no discussion at all about the fact that Lelouch is the main protagonist.
But since we're talking about the Opening, I find it interesting that the only characters that are flashed (before the title pops up) are C.C. Suzaku Nunnally and Scheneizel. The former 3 are obviously supporting protagonists, then there's Scheneizel. Bring up my previous point about Lelouch and Scheneizel's potential alliance
Probably to indicate that those 4 are supporting characters in the beginning (Schneizel was more of a supporting character since we didn't know much in the beginning), then near the end of the OP we have the three leaders and the contrast of colors and light.
Old 2008-08-21, 00:40   Link #1620
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I just went back and rewatched this episode for a second time. LOL does anyone else find it funny how that Geass Victim book Schneizel gives Todou has Kusakabe and Katase on top?
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote