Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 23:09   Link #101
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Are these two old enough to drink?
Alcohol consumption by minors (or characters who "look like" minors) doesn't seem to be much of a problem in anime as long as they leave a "no alcohol for minors" disclaimer on the screen or by the characters themselves. There was the binge-drinking scene that included the loli-type ("but we swear she's, like, totally in her twenties!") character Miyu Kuonji from the KimiAru anime. There's also the "Special Fruit Juice" scenes in Minami-ke where the troublemaker Hayami brings disguised wine to the Minami sisters, resulting in herself and Haruka getting drunk (both of whom are underage), plus Chiaki (who is an elementary schooler).

Active smoking in anime, on the other hand, seems to have been pulled back a great deal. Meme Oshino from Bakemonogatari, for instance, is never shown with a lit cigarette. The last time I remember smoking being prominently featured in a mainstream show was with the characters of Cowboy Bebop, the OP of which prominently features Spike Spiegel lighting up.

Leaf (the company who makes the White Album games) to my knowledge hasn't been big on smoking characters either. The last time I saw a significant character who smoked was the protagonist of Tenshi no inai 12-Gatsu, who was never actually depicted smoking onscreen--you just read about him smoking on the roof of his school. The only time a cigarette appears onscreen is when one of those he's stubbed out and thrown off the roof ends up on the head of a girl in a CG, who soon becomes a significant character. You'd think that an eroge that is 18+ rated wouldn't need to censor itself like this, but the conspicuous absence of onscreen smoking makes me wonder whether this is the censorship regime flexing its muscles.

In any case, I'd also like to see how the character designs of the game will be adapted for this anime series. Bad conversions can really detract from an anime adaptation of a VN in my view. But the lack thus far of promo material for this series isn't helping right now.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 10:21   Link #102
Key Board
Carbon

Valvrave Season 2 and White Album 2 in the same season?

oh god, I can't take this much love triangle wars
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 11:34   Link #103
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
oh god, I can't take this much love triangle wars
Well, you better be prepared if you're going to watch this show. From those who've played the game I've talked to, the main love triangle in WA2's story is extremely polarizing. I predict a lot of shipping wars once this show gets airing.
Old 2013-07-03, 19:27   Link #104
Key Board
Carbon

oh, I know how polarizing it is

these is one of those love triangles where one girl is designed to be the complete opposite of the other

I declared my camp a few pages back

that's why I said I can't take this much in one season
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-03, 21:49   Link #105
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Have you guys played the game yet? Either IC or the rest?
Old 2013-07-04, 01:21   Link #106
Key Board
Carbon

I've played both.

I played IC.. waited (im)patiently for CC

and played that too
Old 2013-07-04, 10:40   Link #107
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Have you guys played the game yet? Either IC or the rest?
Winkel here has. I myself can't understand Japanese, sadly, so all I've read are the occasional in English, and the translated side stories available on the baka-tsuki website.

Those interested can read a rather interestingly contrarian review of WA2 here:

http://the1000thsummer.wordpress.com...white-album-2/
Old 2013-07-23, 05:37   Link #108
Mazryonh

Images
What do you mean I'm not going to be in this show?!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The above is a picture of Koharu Sugiura, a heroine in the Closing Chapter.

Come to think of it, where are the promo vids and the like for this highly-anticipated show? Walkure Romanze, a less-anticipated show slated to air in the same season, already has PVs. Even if enough animation hasn't already been created for a WA2 PV, how about cast interviews or cast-focussed trailers or the like, in live action of course?
Old 2013-07-23, 08:29   Link #109
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Images
What do you mean I'm not going to be in this show?!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The above is a picture of Koharu Sugiura, a heroine in the Closing Chapter.

Come to think of it, where are the promo vids and the like for this highly-anticipated show? Walkure Romanze, a less-anticipated show slated to air in the same season, already has PVs. Even if enough animation hasn't already been created for a WA2 PV, how about cast interviews or cast-focussed trailers or the like, in live action of course?
What the hell? WHY ISN'T MY KOHARU BEING STARRED IN THIS SHOW! WA1 GOT MANA!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 19:02   Link #110
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What the hell? WHY ISN'T MY KOHARU BEING STARRED IN THIS SHOW! WA1 GOT MANA!
Well, the odds are highly against Koharu. Assuming the WA2 anime is popular enough to get the Closing Chapter animated (and she isn't in the Introductory Chapter), Koharu is most likely going to get the axe because her plotline, from what I've been told, is the most easily excised from the story among the Closing Chapter heroines.

The player character, Haruki Kitahara, in Closing Chapter is a roommate with Chiaki Izumi (a heroine) and works for Mari Kazaoka's company (another heroine). He only encounters Koharu because one of her friends tells her about Haruki.

I know I'd love to see an omnibus adaptation for this game. But each heroine's routes are all quite long and involved.
Old 2013-07-24, 22:22   Link #111
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

I'm not sure who's been feeding you wrong info, nor will I set you right, because that would involve spoilers, but there will be Koharu when the story gets to that stage.
Old 2013-07-24, 23:36   Link #112
uis

I hope it get good adaption. Still crying with DCIII anime.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:20   Link #113
Mazryonh

Quote:
I'm not sure who's been feeding you wrong info, nor will I set you right, because that would involve spoilers, but there will be Koharu when the story gets to that stage.
You could set me right via a private message.

But in any case, the current WA2 anime will only cover the Introductory Chapter of the game, and the Closing Chapter heroines didn't exist before the Closing Chapter was planned and laid out, so they won't be in the first season anime either. Of course, there's no guarantee that the financial backers will bankroll an anime covering the Closing Chapter--they always demand monstrous profit.
Old 2013-07-25, 00:40   Link #114
Key Board
Carbon

where did you get that info from?

IC alone is only half of a story

it's not even a story..

why wouldn't they cover Coda?
Old 2013-07-25, 17:38   Link #115
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
where did you get that info from?

IC alone is only half of a story

it's not even a story..

why wouldn't they cover Coda?
Simple logic. We're only guaranteed the Introductory Chapter right now. A lot can happen between now and the end of that season's airing. Infinite Stratos, despite selling well, was nearly canned after the first season. I've enjoyed quite a few anime series (like the Witchblade anime) that certainly deserved sequels but never got them, either. The "never-ending lost decade" in Japan is really drying up funding for everyone.
Old 2013-07-25, 17:49   Link #116
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Simple logic. We're only guaranteed the Introductory Chapter right now. A lot can happen between now and the end of that season's airing. Infinite Stratos, despite selling well, was nearly canned after the first season. I've enjoyed quite a few anime series (like the Witchblade anime) that certainly deserved sequels but never got them, either. The "never-ending lost decade" in Japan is really drying up funding for everyone.
You seem to be misinformed. IS was "canned" because there was a dispute between the publisher and the author and it continued under a different publisher later. This matter is completely unrelated to wa2.

Also i have started reading "introductory chapter" just earlier today (untill Amairo Islenauts gets released) and so far i suspect that it doesn't seem long. I even think it's not even long enough for 1 cour
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 18:03   Link #117
Kirayuki

The meat of the story is on CC part (especially Coda), there is no way they would be animating just IC (not even to mention it would need to take so many fillers in order to fit it into 1 cour).
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 18:43   Link #118
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Folks who haven't finished WA2 should probably avoid this thread. There are already quite a number of spoilers.

Now... I can't be the only one that likes IC better than the rest...

Spoiler for IC:
Old 2013-07-25, 20:32   Link #119
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You seem to be misinformed. IS was "canned" because there was a dispute between the publisher and the author and it continued under a different publisher later. This matter is completely unrelated to wa2.
I mentioned IS to show that even a good-selling series can experience signficant production trouble after airing. I hope in fact that the WA2 anime does justice to the game, but there's always potential for things to get worse. The Brighter than Dawning Blue game was well-received, but its anime got the "QUALITY CABBAGE" treatment.

How many mainstream fans does WA2 have anyway? Did the PS3 version sell better for underage audiences than the PC version did for an adult audience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
The meat of the story is on CC part (especially Coda), there is no way they would be animating just IC (not even to mention it would need to take so many fillers in order to fit it into 1 cour).
There's always a way to pad out fiction--just look at long-running shonen series like Naruto and Bleach. Furthermore, at least one WA2 review in English I've read claims that Maruto Fumiaki (the writer for this game and the upcoming anime) is the king of pointlessly padding out the timeline of the two games with situations that should clearly have been resolved more quickly (something also common to many soap operas).

A more interesting way to fill out IC for 1 cour would be to show the Closing Chapter heroines in the IC timeline. That would be one way to flesh out their stories without involving pointless and boring filler material.

Quote:
Folks who haven't finished WA2 should probably avoid this thread. There are already quite a number of spoilers.
Since when does talking about characters that are publicly acknowledged to be part of the games' stories (and are even on the games' character pages) and a series' potential length supposed to be spoilers? We're not spoiling whole routes of the games here.
Old 2013-07-25, 20:48   Link #120
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

You'd probably enjoy the encounter with characters like Koharu a bit more, had you not already read about her elsewhere. Good thing you don't seem to know her real story yet, so don't go look for wikis and just enjoy the ride. :P

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical